It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your username ................. How did it come about ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hi guys

Cody599........... how did it come to be ?

Well Cody is my nickname given to a younger man by his friends it comes from a film called Streets of fire.

Tom Cody is the guy wearing the braces, and my friends decided he was a dead ringer for my attitude. I used to be quite useful when I was younger and always trying to be the hero for a pretty girl.

To quote a dedication in a book from a friend

"Stay cool like Cody, don't get angry, get even, but wait until the timing is right, Cody karma, you don't want to be on the wrong end of that s***. Love you bro, don't ever change."

The 599 is just because all the "cool" numbers were taken and I like to be a bit different.

So that's me

Why did you choose your name ?

Cody

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That would be classified information.

Seriously, it has to do with my occupation, among other things. It seemed apropo at the time.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Originally it came from me reading the Manga "Grey"

en.wikipedia.org...

The world is covered in wastelands that are dotted with numbered "Towns." All Towns are supervised by computers called "Little Mamas" (nodes connected to the world governing super-computer called "Big Mama"); the underprivileged live in the slums and are referred to as "People." One can only become one of the privileged "Citizens" by joining the army and fighting the other Towns' forces, as the Towns are continually at war with one another. Combatants earn 50 credits per mission, plus 30 credits for every enemy killed. Once the total reaches 1000, the fighter's class is increased by one category (starting at F, then going to E, D, C, B and making one's way up to A). The A class guarantees a transfer to the idyllic, legendary "City."

Citizens have numerous advantages over People: in addition to getting out of the ghetto, they do not worry about being beaten up, raped or otherwise victimized. It's this advantage that leads Grey's lover, a girl known as "Lips," to become a Citizen. Her death leads Grey to join the army as well and follow her dream of getting to the City by sheer force of will. Grey soon earns the nickname "Grey Death" for his tenacity on the battlefield and ability to survive when the rest of his comrades are killed. He only accepts orders that keep him alive, and will not kill the resistance fighters that fight against the Town system because they are not worth any points. Sullen and cocky, Grey exists only to survive and kill, in that order.

Grey's sense of loyalty gets him into trouble when he finds out that his field commander, a man that saved his life many times, is lost in the African sector. He abandons Town 303 to go look for him. Along the way, he discovers who and what the resistance fighters are, why the Towns are all different in both military might and how they are run, and what the true secret of "Big Mama" is.

which is also an anime

At the time I was playing quake I, II and it fit.

After reading about aliens it morphed into the icon on the left.
edit on 10-7-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I inherited this account from someone, and thus given the name, i have nothing wrong with Transformers or Star Wars, but if i had the option i probably would use my Drag name

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Very mysterious

And fitting

Cody

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I'll order that
Thanks it looks like a good read

Cody

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Originally I used this name when I started playing MMO's... in one of the first MMO's created called "Thesa" which no longer exists...

It wasn't until Years later I figured out my real life name is in Akragon...

bit of serendipity for ya...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Well according to the register date...I joined in 2005!! Haha! But I didn't realize I was a member until last fall.
duh duhduh!

So natalia is a name I have always wanted. It sounded prettier than my name. I know that's why I picked it 8 years ago!! Hahaha!

This is an interesting thread, I've kinda wondered why certain people picked their name.

-nat
edit on 10-7-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2013 by natalia because: Ugh spelling and grammar issues...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Mine came from the desire to see that all great things are perpetuated....in the style of Infinity and beyond. See the ending of Toy Story for a demonstration.

edit on 10-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
I inherited this account from someone, and thus given the name, i have nothing wrong with Transformers or Star Wars, but if i had the option i probably would use my Drag name

Well that explains a lot

Just out of interest what is your drag name ?

Cody

link   
reply to post by cody599

I play the tuba.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My nickname started back in the 80's when I was playing D&D, my favorite character was a lawful evil warlord named Draco Darkblade, and when the internet came along I had to come up with a nick. I started out with Draco, but that was to common, so I went to Darkblade. After several years online, everyone started using it...and when I registered here, someone already had it, so I added the 71 for my birth year.

link   
reply to post by cody599

Not really mysterious. I'm self employed in the computer industry. I see a lot of information and data I'm expected to keep to myself. Confidentially, and all that. I also have connections in the industry that keep me, shall we say, up to date on what's going on inside the industry. Sometimes it feels like "secret agent man".

I keep wondering when someone is going to start thinking I know a little too much for their comfort.

link   
When I decided to join, I had my first English Mastiff, and we named him chief. And now it's in honor of him. Still miss him terribly.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The film or the meaning

Cody

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I chose (Caladonea) as my user name because...it is a nickname of mine. It is that simple.

How did I get the nickname of (Caladonea)...I actually don't remember.

How boring am I right now!...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My name is James.

I write.

There ya go.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Akragon

The film or the meaning

Cody

huh?

They made a movie about me too?

Geez.... first I hear they're writing my gospel... now this?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can't keep up with the replies at the moment

Fascinating to read though

Cody

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I love questions with easy answers! littled16 stands for Little Debbie + the age one of my daughters was the first time I ventured onto the internet and had to come up with a user name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join