It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus is the DECEPTION?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

YES!! GOD gave man "choice" we are all free to choose good or evil,right or wrong,to live in light or darkness, to believe GOD or satan=ALL OUR CHOICE!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
The idea of Jesus as God and the concept of the Holy Trinity was something invented quite late on by one of the Christian splinter groups fighting for supremecy, they went on to become the Roman Catholic church, and in a sense 'won' that battle with their baffling notion of the divinity of Jesus.

Other competing sects of Christianity at the time held the slightly more sane view that Jesus was a jolly good chap who was the son of God, but not actually God himself. And that this business of the Father Son And Holy Spirit had no basis in truth, and frankly all that eating of flesh and drinking of blood business was in pretty bad taste.

The Roman Catholic church did a fairly good job of executing these heretics. As well as announcing quite proudly that because the concept of Jesus as Divine and the embodiment of the father/son/holy spirit made absolutely zero logical sense, it must therefore be true, because it requires divine intervention to work.

Or in other words, check your sanity at the door before buying into this faith and abandon all hope of sensible logical thought.

Isiah said that the Messiah would be God.

That was about 800 years before Jesus was born.

He wasn't the only pre-Christ prophet to say so.

The Council of Nicea only rubber-stamped the prevailing majority view.

It is also the dominant view of the Ethiopic, Iranian, Greek and Eastern Churches too, not just the Catholic.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

That's not what I asked. Go back and read my post again.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
AGAIN!!! We get to choose=believe GOD AND HIS INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) WORD or satan's lies! buT best you count the cost=YOUR ETERNITY.
edit on 10-7-2013 by GISMYS because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Isocrates??== 1 coranthians 2:18-20

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written: “He taketh the wise in their own craftiness”;

20 and again, “The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.”

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GISMYS
There may be conspiracies and scandals perpetrated or inspired by organized religions but you will find no such thing in GOD'S ETERNAL WORD.==JOHN 1:1-4==

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.

4 In Him was life, and that life was the Light of men.

5 And the Light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”)

16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.

17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
edit on 10/7/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

With that logic then I'm just as much God as Jesus is. And that's what I already believed in the first place! See we believe in the same thing just in different ways.

No I'm just kidding, I don't want to be associated with your beliefs since they're batshlt crazy. But seriously, if you think a blonde haired blue eyed man from the middle east is God, then there's not much more I can do for you.

I doubt very much that a descendent of King David had blond hair and blue eyes.

edit on 10/7/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No where in the WORD OF GOD is it said JESUS has blue eyes and blond hair=that is silly man's idea!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

Jesus is more bronze than a white man . After all he is a real Jew .

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GISMYS
No where in the WORD OF GOD is it said JESUS has blue eyes and blond hair=that is silly man's idea!!!

I agree. It's ridiculous. No where in a book is the word of God, since all books were written by men.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

And what of those who do not think for themselves? They are forever puppets to the will of those who surround them. You have not spoken an original thought since I have begun to interact with you. Is independence the price of salvation? Is Liberty the price of security?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

AGAIN! BELIEVE GOD OR satan=your choice!===2 Timothy 3:16 ►

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeffersonAirplane

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Intelligence says gather as much subjective data then compile the most truth
NAMASTE*******

Forgive my ignorance but I must ask you, where is the subjective data that compiles to the truth of a "God?"

A few posts down: Link

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
[ MAN is born knowing there is GOD,no one has an excuse for the ignorance of unbelief!!!==== romans 1:18-32==18 For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because that which may be known of God is manifest in them, for God hath shown it unto them.

20 For from the creation of the world the invisible things of Him are clearly seen, being understood through the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

21 For when they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God, nor were thankful, but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and to birds and fourfooted beasts and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies among themselves.

25 They changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature.

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men, working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense for their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind to do those things which are not fitting,

29 being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity. They are whisperers,

30 backbiters, haters of God, spiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affections, implacable, unmerciful.

32 And knowing the judgment of God, that those who commit such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but have pleasure in those who do them.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Bravo to everyone in this thread for actually keeping a religious discussion civil. There are so many well-thought out and well written posts, with very little histrionics or name calling. I am really enjoying this thread. Thanks ATS, this kind of thing is why I joined in the first place.

@ ganjoa and Logarock---Paul vs. Jesus is a great thread topic. Let's do it!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The middle is where the beginning and end meet. If we are the middle then we are both beginning and end, the Alpha and Omega because the middle is where they both meet.

Gospel of Thomas
18 The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?"

Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

There is no end if the beginning is the end and vice versa, which must mean that out spirit is eternal.

edit on 10-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Not to make a pun but...OMG. You just made that particular saying make sense for me. I have puzzled over that particular bit of Thomas, along with several other of the more Gnostic-feeling ones, and been too dense to get the meaning. Thank you so much! ---And just to avoid any possible misunderstanding, that was a sincere comment, not sarcasm

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn

I wondered about this too. It seems as though Gd placed his son, Jesus upon Earth for everyone. Then there is the phrase, 'The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost', which many people assert proves that Gd is all 3 things.

I don't understand how Gd could be Jesus AND Gd at the same time. In the tellings of Jesus, it is clearly presented in a way that defines Gd and Jesus Christ as 2 separate subjects.

It's also told that Gd created man in His image, in his own likeness, but if this is true and Jesus Christ is not Gd, where is Gd located? Does Gd live on a different planet? Is man not really in the likeness of Gd, but, instead, is man how Gd imagines he would appear in the physical?

I wonder, why is our biological composition so precisely tuned to flourish in Earth's habitat if we are created in the likeness of Gd - who is apparently not from Earth... or any other known physical location? How could Gd's physical appearnace be an exact fit for survival in Earth's geological composition?

II suppose the answer to all of that would be, 'Gd is All-Knowing'. Therefore, things were aligned precisely as they should be, in order for Gd's will to be. Everything is just as it should be and it made it here by Gd's design.

As you can tell, I am confused on many of these things.

I do believe in a higher power, I am simply having issues when I try to reconcile these questions. I do not think science negates the potential for a god-like entity to exist and I do not believe the existence of any god-like entity disqualifies science or forward thinking. In-fact, I lean to quite the opposite viewpoint...

The more I learn about science, Gd, and the philosophy of both, the more confidence I have in the idea that science and Gd can co-exist. Not only can the 2 co-exist, it seems as though each requires the other. You can explain neither Gd nor science with the absence of either.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Jesus is a Decepticon?

Quick! Someone get Optimus Prime!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn

I think there are bits about handling life that one can learn from many groups. However, I've found those same bits in the Bible--the bits that were worth much.

Imagine that you are God.

You created man for LOVING, LOVE-FILLED FELLOWSHIP--intense--eternal fellowship.

Yet . . . learning LOVE required the capacity and opportunity to choose non-love.

Yet, choosing non-love--anything away from perfect love and perfection . . .

HAD to result in REAL CONSEQUENCES

else there would really be NO CHOICE at all.

A phony choice is no choice.

Robotized biological robots were not interesting to God, evidently.

However, HIS JUSTICE required a price--HIS MULTIVERSE--HIS RULES--So He sends the most ultimate price to show HIS Infinite Love--His "only begotten Son" . . . whatever that means.

Do you REALLY THINK in the face of Christ's ultimate excruciating sacrifice, God's going to say . . . yeah, no problem--whatever way works for you.

That's a bunch of RELATIVISM from hell, imho.

CHRIST said that NO MAN REACHED THE FATHER except THROUGH HIM.

He didn't mince words about it.

He said He and The Father are One

There's plenty more to say on this topic but I'm tired and headed for the shower shortly.

Again--Lee Strobel's THE CASE FOR THE REAL JESUS has a wealth of interviews and documented scholarly research on the topic.

I don't know a lot of things. There are gaps and plenty of mysteries . . . many things God seems to treat as not critical for our current reality in terms of contributing to our relationship with Him. So He doesn't spell them out for us. However, He does spell plenty out.

And most folks throw a fit because they are NOT WILLING to play by HIS rules.

But if His rules are the only path to true Joy, Love, Eternal Life, Freedom, Fullness as the unique personalities each of us is . . . where's the problem?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join