Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What if Jesus is the DECEPTION?

page: 1
18
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I honestly do not want to start a holy war or all out religious cyber fight, but am looking for real input.

I believe in GOD, I believe that there is an intelligent design to our planet, our environment and our species, but I truly struggle with the concept of Jesus as GOD.

I'm not saying that Jesus never existed, and I'm not saying that Jesus wasn't a great inspiration bringing GODS will and knowledge to us, but I find it difficult to worship a man when GOD says you "will put no other GODS before me." Essentially, is that not what folks are doing when they are praying and worshiping Jesus INSTEAD of God?

And though Jesus teaches these things, and then tells us to worship him..... what if he is the true deception in the grand scheme of things?

To me, Jesus is separate from God, and I have a hard time calling them one in the same, and I have difficulty with the God made flesh aspect that brings us to the whole Son, Spirit, Holy Ghost thing..... For me, to believe in the "one true God" means that Jesus would be no more than a teacher as what you would find preaching from the front of the church today. So I ask again, could Jesus be the Deception, and in his "teachings" be pulling the people away from God and into his own agenda?

I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around this. I appreciate your civil insights.




posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The stories of the bible have been so corrupted and twisted in subtle ways, that what was said is no longer what is preached. This has happened through incompetence, in that meanings and concepts put forth in one language were not translated properly into the next language, and through deliberate scouring of the bible to remove concepts that threaten the power of church authority, example, hundreds of references to reincarnation were all but completely eliminated through the centuries with subtle word twists here and there changing the entire context of a passage.


Originally posted by Jusvistn

And though Jesus teaches these things, and then tells us to worship him..... what if he is the true deception in the grand scheme of things?


I thought Jesus said so be LIKE him, not to worship him... or was something changed again


edit on 7/9/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn
 


"Jesus" and "God" were exceptional con-men who spotted a massive flaw in an admittedly still evolving society in which people needed rule, order, and something to believe in. "Jesus" and "God" took this role upon themselves. The whole thing just got way out of control, until the point we have now where strangers write books and call them a bible.

ETA: I am not mocking or belittling anyones beliefs, this is, in my opinion, the most likely scenario (albeit on a smaller scale) if there even is any scenario in the first place.
edit on 9-7-2013 by JeffersonAirplane because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Intelligence says gather as much subjective data then compile the most truth to get close to objective data. And so the GOD LORD Energies mentioned. To 1 it is naive to make fun or degrade the w/o enough proof to verify the truth associated with the... and yourself.

NAMASTE*******



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, I believe Jesus would have been what we consider a Messiah. He himself says in the bible that there is no one good but god. He never said he was god that I can see, he did say that the spirit of god was within him though. He also said on the cross, God why has though forsaken me, showing he had left Jesus's body. I guess if I was god I wouldn't want to be nailed on a cross, I'd leave too.

Messiah is good enough for me. His teachings were good but of course they were twisted throughout history to fit the beliefs of people. I believe in God and I believe that Jesus was God's representative on this world a long time ago. I suppose the spirit of God could have entered many people since then. I suppose we killed him every time too.
We don't kill god anymore, we stick pills in him and put him into lala land.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Can you give us better/simpler teachings by which to live our lives? That give hope of a better life/afterlife, than the messages presented in the Gospels and NT? That give clear warning of who the enemy/TPTB is and will be?

The equal question should be "how do we understand and use the information?"



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
1 wonders though was the killed or taught the hard way the then current human nature for later purposes. Subjectively thinking of course..



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Intelligence says gather as much subjective data then compile the most truth
NAMASTE*******


Forgive my ignorance but I must ask you, where is the subjective data that compiles to the truth of a "God?"



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn
 


Well i was going to make a thread about this but got too lazy...Now to adress your point,i dont think DECEPTION is the word i will use.What happened with the venue of Christ was nothing short than a COUP in heaven.I know it sound crazy,but put together that Jesus was sent to Egypt(when we all know the beef between Judea(Israel) and Egypt going back a long time) to escape Herod,that the three wise men were actually Babylonian astrologers,and that basically Jesus nullified almost every law put in place by Yahweh thru Moses,and the clear opposition in terms of POV between Yahweh and Jesus(from the strict,unforgiving,punishing,warrior like god to this merciful,gentle love teaching Christ),well i have to say Marduk/Ba'al/Ra/Lucifer was the one Jesus was refering to as father,and not Enlil/Zeus?/Yahweh.
Jesus being the false prophet,Marduk being Lucifer,and Enki being Satan kinda make more sense to me....oh and Revelation was a way of Enlil/Yahweh to put fear into his people warning them about following this false prophet.When that didn't work he might have moved his attention from the descendants of Isaac to those of Ismael(how Islam came to be).

Hey its in conspiracy in Religion...........



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeffersonAirplane

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Intelligence says gather as much subjective data then compile the most truth
NAMASTE*******


Forgive my ignorance but I must ask you, where is the subjective data that compiles to the truth of a "God?"


ancient man and his encounters to 1 subjectively share the data. @ times I wonder did the say call me GOD or is this man think?



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
Can you give us better/simpler teachings by which to live our lives? That give hope of a better life/afterlife, than the messages presented in the Gospels and NT? That give clear warning of who the enemy/TPTB is and will be?

The equal question should be "how do we understand and use the information?"


majority rules
1 thinks "we" were all taught this... YET? So we may have been shared its just.
edit on 7/9/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildapache
reply to post by Jusvistn
 


Well i was going to make a thread about this but got too lazy...Now to adress your point,i dont think DECEPTION is the word i will use.What happened with the venue of Christ was nothing short than a COUP in heaven.I know it sound crazy,but put together that Jesus was sent to Egypt(when we all know the beef between Judea(Israel) and Egypt going back a long time) to escape Herod,that the three wise men were actually Babylonian astrologers,and that basically Jesus nullified almost every law put in place by Yahweh thru Moses,and the clear opposition in terms of POV between Yahweh and Jesus(from the strict,unforgiving,punishing,warrior like god to this merciful,gentle love teaching Christ),well i have to say Marduk/Ba'al/Ra/Lucifer was the one Jesus was refering to as father,and not Enlil/Zeus?/Yahweh.
Jesus being the false prophet,Marduk being Lucifer,and Enki being Satan kinda make more sense to me....oh and Revelation was a way of Enlil/Yahweh to put fear into his people warning them about following this false prophet.When that didn't work he might have moved his attention from the descendants of Isaac to those of Ismael(how Islam came to be).

Hey its in conspiracy in Religion...........


I'm sorry but this is a far-fetched and unlikely scenario, but at the same time, none of us were there...

Was there even a there to be there at? I'm highly sceptical but I will never tread on faith. P
People can believe that the grass is purple if they like, I ain't gonna argue.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is why 1 continues to follow the energy signature that remains the same no matter how they rearrange the name...

NAMASTE*******



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Let's talk about DECEPTION...

Jesus / Son of God died for you.


www.biblegateway.com...



If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.


Do not believe in Deceptions of after life orgies with virgins and physical pleasures... You should know exactly WHO makes those promises..

www.biblegateway.com...



Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” 10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]” 11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

edit on 9-7-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-7-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)


+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Christianity teaches us that Jesus will one day come back and make everything right for us. We have been waiting for 2,000 years for him to fix things for us, and look where that waiting has gotten us.

The church's teachings have made the world complacent and uncaring and they have completely twisted what Jesus was really saying, and that is that we are all children of God and that we and the Father are One, right along with Jesus.

They changed Jesus' message from good works (love your neighbor as yourself) into faith based salvation without the need for works. Without works, you get a planet like Earth, where Earth itself is the "whore of Babylon" and where people only look out for themselves and not the greater good.

Jesus' message is not the issue though, it is Paul's message that is the issue. Love is all you need, not all the rules and stipulations that Paul brought into the mix. He convoluted Jesus' message. Jesus himself said his yoke was supposed to be easy, not convoluted.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"The bible is corrupted." A non-believers only argument, gotta love it. Once again the Bible lays the ground work on creation and the way to go about life, if people studied the gnostics and lost gospels as much as the Hadith and put the pieces together there wouldn''t be such dispute.

As for Jesus yes 2 billion people are being deceived by following a man that not once committed a sin who preached about his Father in Heaven and the only way to get the keys to see him. He got us good, what fools we are.
Of course the all mighty creator deserves more praise and you can chose to worship an eternal burning flame if you'd like but Jesus is someone you know who is in you now who you can ask to forgive your sins. We will have enough time to worship the Lord of the Spirits once we meet our maker.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i have a theory that kind of answers the deception question. what if Jesus was one of many that came to share knowledge and truth of self and god. One curious detail is the 666 number of the beast especially when the
"coincidence" is that about 600 years before Christ was the life and teachings of Buddha and about 600 years after Christ was the life and teachings of Muhammad the fact that the core teachings of each are more than similar another "coincidence"
a spoiled rich kid, a lowly carpenter and a military general all with a similar message each killed in the end.
the "coincidences" are looking more like a connect the dots picture as for the deception that comes not from the core teachings but the organizations that formed around them the culture of the communities have laws outside the life and teachings of these great men and that is where the deception lives



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JeffersonAirplane
 


Point out the parts that are far fetched and ill try to explain myself.......



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I appreciate the responses...... for me though, the bible seems to contradict itself so much. And maybe Jesus never actually said "hey dudes, I'm God now, follow me and worship me!" but somewhere along the way, it seems that that is exactly what folks did....
You go to church, and during the course of the sermon, you hear Jesus mentioned over and over and over, "Jesus said" this and "Jesus said" that, and lets bow our heads and pray "dear Lord", "dear Jesus"...... It's not Dear GOD. "One day at a time, sweet Jesus", and so many other hymns written more in the name of Jesus than of God.... So, saying that, would that not indicate that the word of Jesus has essentially led the "flock" astray from God?

We put images of Jesus in our churches, and on our walls, and though we cannot know the face of God, could we not Honor God with praying hands, and eyes uplifted to his glory?

I am just finding that the more I try to learn and follow the teachings, the more disturbed I get by the way people are interpreting them....

In an every day scenario, isn't it the ones that are saying "trust me" over and over the ones you find you cannot "trust" in the end?



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jusvistn

To me, Jesus is separate from God, and I have a hard time calling them one in the same, and I have difficulty with the God made flesh aspect that brings us to the whole Son, Spirit, Holy Ghost thing..... For me, to believe in the "one true God" means that Jesus would be no more than a teacher as what you would find preaching from the front of the church today. So I ask again, could Jesus be the Deception, and in his "teachings" be pulling the people away from God and into his own agenda?

I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around this. I appreciate your civil insights.



Well His agenda was to "do the will of the father". "I and the Father are one".





new topics

top topics



 
18
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join