It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by marg6043

As has been alluded to in this thread, because of my other thread, I believe in reincarnation. I have a "memory" of my daughter being my mother, straddled with 13 kids. I don't blame her for wanting to see the world, have a career, and to be able to buy a suede leather sofa is she wants!

I'll be fine without grand kids.

My business if kid stuff and kid parties, so I'm set!

edit on 4-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Interesting. My daughter doesn't want children of her own either. She is still fairly young and does know that that conviction may change with time. She's a nanny and has the responsibility for young children sometimes for days on her own, so knows what's involved. I think many young women don't realize the commitment required to raise a child - it looks so easy from the outside....

Self-honesty - if you are not ready for a 24/7 committment for twenty years - don't have children.

My dream - all children truly wanted and supported by family, friends and society. Encouraged to be the best they can be with good food, good schooling, and good role models.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by VoidHawk

Hell no. .. Have a look at China.

That is where this is leading.

From the looks of it you will be required to get a certification just to have "A" child.

Well someone has to do something. People can't continue having children at the rate they're having them. It's as simple as that, and is the biggest elephant in the room regarding our present society. Really no one talks about it. People are going around having three, four, five kids and in a planetary way, this is not responsible.

People are raised to want children and told they should have children. Reducing our sheer numbers would literally reduce every single one of our problems as humans, since the very fact that there are so many of us is what makes most of our problems.

People maybe shouldn't be forced to not have children, but this society needs to stand up and teach new generations that that WE DO NOT NEED THIS MANY PEOPLE HERE!

I've done my part. I'm gay and will not be having children (huge perk I see it as!)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

The religious rights will have a hart attack if the western world even think about legislating for population control, after all, without new births who is going to pay for the churches CEOs I mean the religious leaders lavish palaces and fancy mega churches, heck not they can never allow that.

Is all about money, churches profit from their members just like private interest do, they are after all corporations and they don't have to pay taxes like the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I'm really confused...all this talk of a "right-wing" who seeks to control personal choice and freedom in the US...it just doesn't compute! I thought it was "libtards" who want big brother government to decide what is right or wrong for them.

Or maybe its just time the majority of the Republican party starts urging people to call a spade a spade, and refer to them instead as "Extra-Ultra-Extreme Liberals, except who want the nation's tax burden, as a percentage, shifted more heavily toward the middle class."

Seriously, these anti-Constitution, anti-freedom scum need to stop calling themselves conservatives. If they want a "my way or the highway" Theocracy, a la Iran, they shoukd just say so, and quit purporting to be the opposite of what they truly are.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I highly doubt they would outlaw abortion. The main reason it's in the Illuminati constitution to kill off the population.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

An uninvited soul forcing itself on an unwilling host is an evil and unholy alliance, in my opinion.

You're absolutely nuts. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
A growing baby inside a womans body is an independent life form hosted' by the mother. Why do so many women claim it is their body, they are the host, the baby is a seperate entity and should have a right to life. Why do so many women not take a morning after pill or terminate the pregnancy as soon as they find out they are pregnant. Some leave it weeks before taking action and this is just awful. Take responsibility in life. If you do not want to have a baby, use protection!!! If the protection fails, terminate as soon as you realise dont leave it weeks like a lot of women do. It is not your body, it is a babys body and you have no right to kill a baby, especially when you have created that babys life. This is just awful. Really truly awful. Killing unborn babys that share your DNA. Im not totally against abortion as I know there are situations when this is probably required but the lack of responsibility modern society has is just mind blowing.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yeah right so contraceptives are murdering babies? They've gone nuts plain n simple.
How long before they declare masturbation is illegal cuz it kills potential babies? This is just ridiculous. These assholes just want to control, control and control. The first thing that needs to be done is to outlaw these organizations who think it's their duty to control what other people do with their lives. We've had enough of this garbage; just what the hell happened to "give me liberty, or give me death" ??

edit on 5/7/13 by PeaceNLove123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Your post reflects what the argument is really about. It is not about abortion or when life begins or ends anymore. Most women do not like it and have never had it done and it is law. Now the argument is about at what point does another person tell a woman when her right to decisions about her well being ends.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by VoidHawk

Hell no. .. Have a look at China.

That is where this is leading.

From the looks of it you will be required to get a certification just to have "A" child.

Well someone has to do something. People can't continue having children at the rate they're having them. It's as simple as that, and is the biggest elephant in the room regarding our present society. Really no one talks about it. People are going around having three, four, five kids and in a planetary way, this is not responsible.

People are raised to want children and told they should have children. Reducing our sheer numbers would literally reduce every single one of our problems as humans, since the very fact that there are so many of us is what makes most of our problems.

People maybe shouldn't be forced to not have children, but this society needs to stand up and teach new generations that that WE DO NOT NEED THIS MANY PEOPLE HERE!

I've done my part. I'm gay and will not be having children (huge perk I see it as!)

Your generation has bought into this lie.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3
reply to post by Nephalim

Your post reflects what the argument is really about. It is not about abortion or when life begins or ends anymore. Most women do not like it and have never had it done and it is law. Now the argument is about at what point does another person tell a woman when her right to decisions about her well being ends.

You come from a generation of self centered savages, 1984 savages, Brave New World savages.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You're wrong- a lot of people in the US government want it because it increases sales for corporations, and it's an attempt to keep republicans in office by guaranteeing there will be lots of poor, uneducated fools to vote for them.

I applaud your ability to make up facts that fit your party's platform. Seriously though, it's asinine to claim that it is conservatives that are out there eating and breeding at a breakneck pace; that would be your messiah's constituents.

A simple google search would tell you that the American black has literally been aborting themselves into a stagnant population for the last few decades. Simply put, it is counter intuitive for liberals in power to complain too loudly seeing as circumventing abortion will only swell the ranks of low-information voters like yourself to numbers that Barry Sotero has wet dreams about.

www.census.gov...

Good job on the flat out lie though.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Just listen to what the progressives have been teaching/preaching for years.

Here come the republicans! Hurry, kill those babies before they can get them. We don't need all these humans anyway screwing up the planet. And who do you think you are wanting more than a kid and 1/2 anyway? The republican only want more children to work in their factories and plants. Yea that's it. Abortion mills are the first line of defense against runaway capitalism and religious zealotry. Besides children just encumber your life. You can never be the real you and come to full potential with a bunch of children hanging on your neck.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Why are right wingers supposedly small government until it becomes convenient to be otherwise?

1. Not all right-wingers are Conservative, small-government types. (Bush I, Bush II, McCain, Romney).
2. Conservatives are against unconstitutional government, not the government spelled out and limited to the Constitution.
3. I don't hear anyone asking for a new or expanded beuracracy funded by the taxpayer.
edit on 5-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by thebtheb

The religious rights will have a hart attack if the western world even think about legislating for population control, after all, without new births who is going to pay for the churches CEOs I mean the religious leaders lavish palaces and fancy mega churches, heck not they can never allow that.

Is all about money, churches profit from their members just like private interest do, they are after all corporations and they don't have to pay taxes like the rest of us.

What are you talking about? Most all churches operate in the red or close to it. You cannot operate a 501c3 "for profit".

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
how can there possibly be ANY arguing in this thread over ABORTION when this thread is clearly about CONTRACEPTION?

abortion is ABORTING an EXISTING pregnancy.

contraception is AVOIDING pregnancy to begin with.

CLEARLY they are not the same thing, CLEARLY the all male committee in ohio making this ruling are embarrassingly ignorant of basic biology.

clearly you cannot calculate pregnancy from the "first day of the last menstrual period."

as pointed out by the OP this means a woman could be a virgin and still be "pregnant" under that law. this is dangerously stupid, and a blatant violation of women's rights.

as a man, i'm really wondering how can this thread reached 11 pages of arguments when this law is clearly insane and this thread is clearly about contraception. thanks OP for raising awareness over this insanity.

edit on 5-7-2013 by hammadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
A growing baby inside a womans body is an independent life form hosted' by the mother. Why do so many women claim it is their body, they are the host, the baby is a seperate entity and should have a right to life. Why do so many women not take a morning after pill or terminate the pregnancy as soon as they find out they are pregnant. Some leave it weeks before taking action and this is just awful. Take responsibility in life. If you do not want to have a baby, use protection!!! If the protection fails, terminate as soon as you realise dont leave it weeks like a lot of women do. It is not your body, it is a babys body and you have no right to kill a baby, especially when you have created that babys life. This is just awful. Really truly awful. Killing unborn babys that share your DNA. Im not totally against abortion as I know there are situations when this is probably required but the lack of responsibility modern society has is just mind blowing.

I wish it were as simple as you seem to think it is; but it isn't. Factual biology is that a fetus is little more then a parasite. An often wanted parasite true but a parasite non-the-less. I can't tell you the dreams I had while pregant - even during the pregnancy that I wanted and strived for.

Your opinion is valid - for you. Other people have differing opinions and definitions that deserve your respect and tolerance.

It's quite easy to demand 'rights for the unborn' from your couch - one can just preach. But to actually value life and nuture it - you have to do something for others - feed them, cloth them, teach them (desn't the bible say something about that).

It's easy to judge others - but judging others is a character defect (SIN for you bible thumpers).

It's Faith, Hope and Charity. And Charity refers not only to giving of goods and service but charity of thought and tolerance of differences.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hammadi

Hey! Welcome to ATS. I'm flattered that my thread contains your very first post. Have a star!

Yes, this thread is about contraception, and how outraged certain factions of society were, particularly the religious right, over the sexual revolution and the free expression of sexuality, even among non married young people!

Contraception has been the "morality" issue being targeted from the beginning of the debate. Abortion is byproduct.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hammadi

Welcome to ATS. Odd you'd pick the projects around here for your first post, but welcome!!!

Once you're here for a minute you'll notice virtually all threads digress to small rabbit trail dialogues from the main OP.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . perhaps you have a very inadequate Platonic vision of the whole.

The same globalist oligarchy that proffered

all kinds of sexual excesses as some of their strategies toward their tyrannical global government and tyrannical one world religion

. . .

The same globalist oligarchy so utterly genocidally dedicated to exterminating all but 200-500 million global inhabitants

is NOT about to remove contraception from the options.

They are far more likely to do their best to exterminate every last individual claiming to be "Christian," first.

BTW, AIDS and pushing homosexuality down everyone's throat and up everyone's . . .

are ALSO parts of their depopulation strategies.

"Christians" are far from your worst fears . . . or should be.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join