It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

What do you mean by "Platonic vision"? Just friends?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

No. Sorry.

Plato's cave allegory.

Here's my paraphrase from rough 45+ year old memory.

The bloke is seated staring at the back wall of a long deep cave. There is a fire behind him. He is blind and blind folded.

The blindfold falls or is removed. No big change.

His eyes are healed and he can see. All he sees is shadows on the wall from the fire behind him.

Someone moves him to the other side of the fire.

Now he sees the fire and all the fire illuminates including his hands.

In stages he is moved toward the mouth of the cave.

Eventually he is moved to the mouth of the cave.

He is then moved outside the cave.

He is unbound and freed to move about in the sunlight.

He is given a mirror.

= = = =

AT each stage, his REALITY is different.

Only at the end does he have a fairly robust vision of the whole.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

You come from a generation of self centered savages, 1984 savages, Brave New World savages.

Pot = Kettle= Black

Do you realize how rabid you are beginning to sound?

I am having a small problem believing that you don't acknowledge the problem of population size. Are you sure?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

The last thing governments want would be a dramatic increase in population

You're wrong- a lot of people in the US government want it because it increases sales for corporations, and it's an attempt to keep republicans in office by guaranteeing there will be lots of poor, uneducated fools to vote for them.

Yeap. You are very right. Consumption/consumerism is where the $ is at. AND those same consumers must live longer, that way they can spend more, and then more "subsidies" accrue, and so forth.

People believe that TPTB want to kill us all off, but in fact it is the complete opposite. What would killing us all off accomplish? Nothing.

Gotta keep them women breeding for them so called votes. Gotta keep them babies pooped out for the sales of absolutely everything.

Ever seen the cute animation 'Wall.E' ?
edit on 5-7-2013 by Hollie because: I spelt badd

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Uhhhhhhhh . . . even without . . . particularly WITH UFO type energy technologies . . .

the earth could comfortably handle tens of billions of people.

Currently, all the world's population could have a plot of land in Texas. Might be small . . . LOL . . . but . . .

statistically speaking.

The NWO powers that be do NOT WANT a large population to threaten their !CONTROL!

Besides their leader from hell loves death, blood, gore, starvation, suffering.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by BO XIAN

What do you mean by "Platonic vision"? Just friends?

Yep, no benefits for you.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by Montana

Uhhhhhhhh . . . even without . . . particularly WITH UFO type energy technologies . . .

Currently, all the world's population could have a plot of land in Texas. Might be small . . . LOL . . . but . . .

statistically speaking.

The NWO powers that be do NOT WANT a large population to threaten their !CONTROL!

I always use Jacksonville, County Florida when I point out just how uncrowded this world really is with people.

And anyone who has driven through Kansas, Iowa, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and the Dakotas knows just how true that is. Lol

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Montana

statistically speaking.

However, each person especially ones living a 'Western' lifestyle, require acres and acres of resourses so your 'belief' is truly inaccurate.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hammadi

Welcome to ats. This is the norm here in these types of threads. Pointless arguments that either end with personal attacks or derailment... Then of course the trolls roll up. There are of course intelligent debates which I like to read and participate In.

I think a lot of people are confusing contraception and abortion. Not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Montana

statistically speaking.

Tell this to the American southwest this summer when the annual drought kicks in and they are looking for the Great Lakes to sell them water. It isn't just how many people you can fit in any given space. You need land to grow and raise food on. You need fresh water sources. You need to have a properly function ecosystem ( you can't just raze everything and put people on it). The world is having issues maintaining a viable bee population, I know no one likes bees but the fact is we need them or we will go hungry. China is a huge country and has had to resort to population control because it is a strain on resources. Please quit spreading this lie that we can expand our population as large as we want because you can fit every human being on earth in Texas without considering everything else that people need to survive.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Men, particularly of the right wing persuasion, want control over a woman's body and sexuality.

There is a reason why they are obsessed with 1776, they want to society to return to when they reigned supreme and unchallenged.

What a load of paranoid delusional beetle dung. An anti-abortionist is concerned with the death of the innocents, not the lives or genders of the offenders.

And thats exactly why their argument makes no sense.

Anti-abortion crowed care only for something yet to come into existance rather than someone who is already here and living.

A bunch of jokers.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Well, that's a load of crap. We care about the murder of innocent people outside of the womb as well.

In fact, there's laws against it.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

reply to post by Montana

statistically speaking.

Tell this to the American southwest this summer when the annual drought kicks in and they are looking for the Great Lakes to sell them water. It isn't just how many people you can fit in any given space. You need land to grow and raise food on. You need fresh water sources. You need to have a properly function ecosystem ( you can't just raze everything and put people on it). The world is having issues maintaining a viable bee population, I know no one likes bees but the fact is we need them or we will go hungry. China is a huge country and has had to resort to population control because it is a strain on resources. Please quit spreading this lie that we can expand our population as large as we want because you can fit every human being on earth in Texas without considering everything else that people need to survive.

Non sequitur. There are billions of acres of land that isn't a freakin desert that is availible too. Lol

edit on 8-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well, that's a load of crap. We care about the murder of innocent people outside of the womb as well.

In fact, there's laws against it.

Yeah but Bones openly stated that they dont give a crap about the people already here, for example the woman carrying the baby, the argument is unnaturally biased in favour of a cluster of cells. Its illogical.

How can people be so self-righteous over abortion while not even sparing a thought to the host carrying the unborn?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I would be okay with the abortion if a doctor determined the mother was at risk of dying if she gave birth. I'm just completely against killing innocent life as a matter of convenience. The time to choose whether or not a child would be an inconvenient addition is before the clothes come off.

edit on 8-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Birth control makes your argument invalid. Sex is not only for reproduction. Sex is a necessary show of affection, love and physical bonding. It's healthy a form exercise, fun and entertainment. It's good for relief of stress, depression and hysteria.

A woman should not be punished for having sex by being forced to give birth to an unwanted and uninvited baby, because of other people want to force their morality on her.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I never said anything about getting rid of birth control.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

For goodness sake man! The title of thread is They're Coming For Your Birth Control! read the OP! Abortion is necessarily tied to birth control! Some birth control is equated to abortion by the pro-life community. It's their mission to ban birth control!

Think that anti-choice politicians and activists aren’t trying to outlaw contraception? Think again. Follow along in an ongoing series that proves beyond a doubt that they really are coming for your birth control.
rhrealitycheck.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Well I haven't even discussed birth control nor stated I was against it so to reply to me with a comment about it was kinda weird. I'm for birth control.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Yeah but Bones openly stated that they dont give a crap about the people already here, for example the woman carrying the baby, the argument is unnaturally biased in favour of a cluster of cells. Its illogical.

How can people be so self-righteous over abortion while not even sparing a thought to the host carrying the unborn?

Pardon me? I openly stated what?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join