It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Why are right wingers supposedly small government until it becomes convenient to be otherwise?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by FyreByrd

The original intend of law was to protect individual people from power/money backed 'opinion'.

Could you source that for me? Because power/money backed "opinion" is pretty much the norm in DC.

Look up the Magna Carta and Hamruraby. Codes of Law were formulated to protect people from the caprisousness of a soverign.

Just because 'clever' people twist things to their own desires - doesn't mean that was the original intent. It's just 'putting the letter of the law' over the 'spirit of the law'. It's contemporary BUSINESS PRACTISE to twist the letter of the law, but was not the orignal intent.

I'll refer you to wiki for a start if you are truly interested:

Main articles: Ma'at, Babylonian law, Ancient Greek law, and Leviticus
See also: Urukagina, Hittite laws, and Ostracism
Ancient Egyptian law, dating as far back as 3000 BC, had a civil code that was probably broken into twelve books. It was based on the concept of Ma'at, characterised by tradition, rhetorical speech, social equality and impartiality. [1] By the 22nd century BC, Ur-Nammu, an ancient Sumerian ruler, formulated the first law code, consisting of casuistic statements ("if... then..."). Around 1760 BC, King Hammurabi further developed Babylonian law, by codifying and inscribing it in stone. Hammurabi placed several copies of his law code throughout the kingdom of Babylon as stelae, for the entire public to see; this became known as the Codex Hammurabi. The most intact copy of these stelae was discovered in the 19th century by British Assyriologists, and has since been fully transliterated and translated into various languages, including English, German and French. Ancient Athens, the small Greek city-state, was the first society based on broad inclusion of the citizenry, excluding women and the slave class. Ancient Greek has no word for "law" as an abstract concept,[2] retaining instead the distinction between divine law (thémis), human decree (nomos) and custom (díkē).[3] Yet Ancient Greek law contained major constitutional innovations in the development of democracy.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

But, I suspect, you are not interested nor willing to spend time on learning.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I hope not, because thanks to the sexual revolution, (sadly my mother didn't have that choice it came to late so her choice to stop having children after 4 was sterilization) I was able to raise only two children (thanks to the pill), the same liberties and options that I had and was given now my adult single daughter have the right to enjoy too.

I want one day my granddaughters to have that right and liberties too.

I will darn anybody that try to control my daughters rights and those of my future granddaughters.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

A womens body is HER body, how dare those scumbags think its any business of theirs

The little body that ends up in pieces in the vacuum bottle--is that her, or is it somebody else?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Thanks for your candid story. Mine is somewhat similar.

I was 17 and pregnant. My parents and my church held council and decided that I should get an abortion. I refused and got kicked out of my parent's home and the church ex-communicated me. They had forced my sister into an abortion just 2 years earlier by threatening to get her kicked out of her "Bible College."

I was fired from my waitress job, because pregnancy was a choice, and denied unemployment, because pregnancy was a choice. I applied for public assistance and was hounded by my social worker for 5 months, to do the right thing and get an abortion.

After I had my daughter, the cashiers at the grocery store sneered and treated us like scum for using food stamps. Doctors, nurses, teachers and neighbors all treated my daughter like an unwanted shanty town girl with the single mom.

Years later, when my daughter was about 8, I got pregnant again, but lost it in an ectopic pregnancy. Lost an ovary and a fallopian tube, and had the other severed.

I'm pro-choice because I know how hard choices and their consequences are, and how important it is to have choices. They should be made by those who bear those consequences, no one else. No one should be forced to do something that they don't want to.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You have the right to chose and did what it was in your best interest, that is the main part of it, you have a choice, but sadly what many advocate is to take those choices away from you and perhaps you daughter when the time comes for her to have her choices.

I congratulate you for raising your child.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

She exercises her choice by using an IUD.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Men, particularly of the right wing persuasion, want control over a woman's body and sexuality.

There is a reason why they are obsessed with 1776, they want to society to return to when they reigned supreme and unchallenged.

edit on 4-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

So you think part of having an abortion is challenging male supremacy?

Its hard to understand how stanch pro abortionist can even see strait with all these side issues playing in on the decision. Gots to get that abortion to prove there is no one telling me what to do.

And yet hardly a word in this thread has been dedicated by any of you toward the child getting its brains sucked out. There Men! Theres your dismembered baby in a bed pan. Showed you didn't we!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I didn't know that you daughter was already in reproductive age, my daughter is 29 but still single she choses the pill as for now, work is her life.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Yeah, that is the way the fetuses used to look like when it was coat hanger abortions, many women lost their lives with that method and to think that it was when men used to dominate their women.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Why are right wingers supposedly small government until it becomes convenient to be otherwise?

Well whatever the size of the convenience you mention, it would never come close to the size of government involvement going on now in the abortion and pro choice racket.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

My daughter is 39, has several degrees and a PHD, works as a professor at a major university and for a globally recognized HIV / cancer lab. Her and her hubby don't want children.
edit on 4-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yeah, that is the way the fetuses used to look like when it was coat hanger abortions, many women lost their lives with that method and to think that it was when men used to dominate their women.

Lot and Lots of women found themselves pregnant on a fling and wanted nothing to do with the man beyond that.....and sought out abortions. Its been that way since Row/Wade even. Cant really blame men for everything. Many women get the itch and grab the first thing they see.....and then certainly never tell the guy they got pregnant or an abortion.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You are surprising me,
first I was picturing you with a young child, then I though she was a young adult but, she is a grown up adult and a professional.

My daughter doesn't want children either I guess I influenced her life about been professional first and family second to the point that now she doesn't even think about children or been marry.

My son is 27, single also and with not hurry into getting marry and having a child either. I never going to be a grandmother.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I believe this happens a lot in this time and age, but back when women didn't have much rights, for many the choice to avoid having soo many children were back ally abortions that even if they were married.

I remember when I was a young child in the 60s that a neighbor of us was taken away by ambulance bleeding all over and the hush comments that it was a blotched abortion, at the time I had no clue what that mean.

I don't remember if she survived when you are young you really don't pay attention to things like that.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

As has been alluded to in this thread, because of my other thread, I believe in reincarnation. I have a "memory" of my daughter being my mother, straddled with 13 kids. I don't blame her for wanting to see the world, have a career, and to be able to buy a suede leather sofa is she wants!

I'll be fine without grand kids.

My business is kid stuff and kid parties, so I'm set!

edit on 4-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I believe this happens a lot in this time and age, but back when women didn't have much rights, for many the choice to avoid having soo many children were back ally abortions that even if they were married.

Many married women would get abortions to hide something. Like the fact that it was someone else's other than hubby. But that's certainly a bad position to be in.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Most married women use contraception. If they suddenly find themselves in the position of an unwanted pregnancy, I think that they'd get an abortion regardless.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Dear you have no clue, but I also have memories of past lives and even how I die as a child by drowning, also I used to see people that others could not when I was a child, is a lot about me, that is why I have a different views of life, death and religion and no matter how my father try to push religion on me (he is a fundamentalist Christian) as a child I will tell people things that will send them scare and I didn't even knew why.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It happens, is part of life, I have been marry for 32 years to the same man I met when I was 15, I was 21 when we tied the knot. So I can not say that I have not seen a lot of problems with others people marriage, including my own sister and brother.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join