It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Right. The fact that legislatures are sneaking in unconstitutional draconian laws into state law under the auspice of budget cuts, has no bearing and is lost on these "pro-life" fanatics.

I just keep trying to get back to issues in the OP.

Bonez opened a thread where everyone can go and debate abortion. This one is about legislation and women's reproductive health issues and the abuse of power from the unscrupulous religious right.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
windword sorry to say this but the thread has been infiltrated by no only trolls but also obtuse agendas no often you can get an intelligent argument about women rights without somebody screaming murder of women eggs and fetuses, never about male eggs, but just woman.

Religion agendas has shifted the blame on women and while it always has been that way its actually taking foot again in this century, it seems that women rights are taking a step back in the country that supposedly promote freedom, but only for the special interest.

Is always the same with this type of topics, never change.

marg...you are putting up a valiant fight...by using facts and critical-thinking skills. but on this topic, as with many others, the republican Taliban uses emotion and simply doesn't care about anyones rights, but their own.... they don't care about women, minorities, non-Christians, non-republicans, or the poor..... they care about white people, wealthy people, Christian people, or any combination of those three. you might as well argue with a rock.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I believe that our birth rates and population should be controlled. Anyone caught pregnant without having permission or such should be arrested and or fined, and the baby should be disposed of in a HUMANE manner.

Our population is too high and has begun to skyrocket. If we continue like this, we will eventually begin to die out.

Theres a reason why there is a food chain in ecosystems. If one specie has no predators, it will result in an overflowing population, making the ecosystem unstable, and eventually there will be no resources left for them to survive....

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The AMA's definition of pregnancy occurs at implantation. FACT

Ohio budget men decided that pregnancy begins upon fertilization.

The lucky few sperm who reached the egg in the Fallopian tube surround it and begin competing for entrance. The head of each sperm, the acrosome, releases enzymes that begin to break down the outer, jelly-like layer of the egg's membrane, trying to penetrate the egg. Once a single sperm has penetrated, the cell membrane of the egg changes its electrical characteristics. This electrical signal causes small sacs just beneath the membrane (cortical granules) to dump their contents into the space surrounding the egg. The contents swell, pushing the other sperm far away from the egg in a process called cortical reaction. The cortical reaction ensures that only one sperm fertilizes the egg. The other sperm die within 48 hours.

The fertilized egg is now called a zygote. The depolarization caused by sperm penetration results in one last round of division in the egg's nucleus, forming a pronucleus containing only one set of genetic information. The pronucleus from the egg merges with the nucleus from the sperm. Once the two pronuclei merge, cell division begins immediately.

The dividing zygote gets pushed along the Fallopian tube. Approximately four days after fertilization, the zygote has about 100 cells and is called a blastocyst. When the blastocyst reaches the uterine lining, it floats for about two days and finally implants itself in the uterine wall around six days after fertilization. This signals the beginning of pregnancy. The implanted blastocyst continues developing in the uterus for nine months. As the baby grows, the uterus stretches until it's about the size of a basketball.
science.howstuffworks.com...

The Ohio budget committee has rigged the system of determining gestation that effectively defines a woman pregnant weeks before intercourse. FACT

The Ohio budget committee has defined certain contraceptives and categorizes them under "abortion" for regulation.

The Ohio budget committee decide that "fetal viability" begins at the first detection of the heartbeat. (6 weeks) FACT

The AMA defines fetal viability "the ability of a fetus to survive outside the uterus" FACT

Ohio budget committee has required clinics to have access to hospitals for emergencies but has banned public hospitals for entering an agreement with a clinic. Is that legal? Is that in the best interest of women's health?

None of these changes were done in the open, allowing for public testimony or legislative debate.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

The original intend of law was to protect individual people from power/money backed 'opinion'.

Could you source that for me? Because power/money backed "opinion" is pretty much the norm in DC.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

In general I am pro choice, however, I think every cloud has a silver lining and should birth control become illegal perhaps we won't see so many birth control hormones in our water. Water that not only woman drink but men. Which is making huge issues as we speak and will continue to become worse unless actions of some sort are taken....however, that is strictly speaking for birth control pills. Other firms of birth control...well I don't see a reason they shouldn't exist. Yay sex!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Right. The fact that legislatures are sneaking in unconstitutional draconian laws into state law under the auspice of budget cuts, has no bearing and is lost on these "pro-life" fanatics.

I just keep trying to get back to issues in the OP.

Bonez opened a thread where everyone can go and debate abortion. This one is about legislation and women's reproductive health issues and the abuse of power from the unscrupulous religious right.

WOW!!!!!!

So the only topic of this discussion is how a vague generalization of religious beliefs is wrong?

The OP doesn't even have to justify the validity of their claims by their own religious beliefs?
Don't give me that, 'its not religious, its spiritual' crap either.

I know this example is used to death but you really come across like Hitler complaining about everyone not agreeing with him that the Jews were an inferior race to be exterminated for the progress of mankind.

Yea . . .

EDIT
FYI Hitler is a valid comparison as the primary abortion clinic of choice is Planned Parenthood which was founded on the practice of EUGENICS and pushed heavily by NAZI supporters.
edit on 4-7-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Please go back and read the OP.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The FACT that the AMA etal have made these determinations does not alter the FACT that others chose to interpret it differently.

2 FACTS

1.) FACT You and others don't think anything is wrong with abortion.

2.) FACT I and others consider abortion the killing of pre-born individuals.

See? 2 facts diametrically opposed yet focused on the same topic
edit on 4-7-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So I can't disagree with abortion lest I be labeled a right wing religious nut that just doesn't want people to have sex. Ok, but I'm not religious and I couldn't care less if people want to have sex even if it's the same sex and I wouldn't dare align myself with either stupid label of left or right. There is just this little moral compass inside me that spins wildly when talking about stamping out the life of a human when they are just emerging. i just don't buy the whole they aren't human or alive thing, are you suggesting they might turn out to be tomatoes? There is nothing that makes me more sick to my stomach than this subject and frankly I don't need permission to have an opinion and the labeling is out of control in this country.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

FACT I and others consider abortion the killing of pre-born individuals.

Pre-born is a meaningless statement. Every atom on the planet could become part of a fetus someday, that doesn't make them human.

If you really wanted to save human lives you would be fighting against war or diseases instead of birth control.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

2.) FACT I and others consider abortion the killing of pre-born individuals. See?

2 facts diametrically opposed yet focused on the same topic.

FACT: The Supreme Court ruled that abortion and contraception is a constitutionally protected right.

FACT: The Ohio Budget Committee is not in the position of making medical determinations and apply their uneducated opinions to strip women of constitutionally protected rights based on their personal religious morality.

FACT: These laws are being presented under the guise of protecting woman's health, when in reality they put woman's health at greater risk and are just really a disguise for the hate that these people have for sl&ty women who want abortion, birth control and wonton sex.

edit on 4-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Thanks my friend, I do what I can until things start to get out of hand then I just step back and let the trolls roll. No reason to get my blood pressure high.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

2.) FACT I and others consider abortion the killing of pre-born individuals. See?

2 facts diametrically opposed yet focused on the same topic.

FACT: The Supreme Court ruled that abortion and contraception is a constitutionally protected right.

FACT: The Ohio Budget Committee is not in the position of making medical determinations and apply their uneducated opinions to strip women of constitutionally protected rights based on their personal religious morality.

FACT: These laws are being presented under the guise of protecting woman's health, when in reality they put woman's health at greater risk and are just really a disguise for the hate that these people have for sl&ty women who want abortion, birth control and wonton sex.

edit on 4-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

FACT: Those are just your opinions.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

FACT I and others consider abortion the killing of pre-born individuals.

Pre-born is a meaningless statement. Every atom on the planet could become part of a fetus someday, that doesn't make them human.

If you really wanted to save human lives you would be fighting against war or diseases instead of birth control.

When I say pre-born, I am referring to a prenatal human being. Obfuscate if it helps you sleep at night.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Domination through intimidation and control of women reproducing parts, I an offended, yes offended by any women that will allow their body to be control by religious rights and the government.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Is Roe V Wade my opinion, or the law of the land? Sorry but logic is not on your side.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ma'am, have much respect for you but it's more than that.

I'm offended that a human life is treated like "medical waste".

I'm about out of this thread though. There is never a winner in these debates and they tend to get rather ugly. I've presented a different opinion and have tried to contribute to this thread by presenting a different viewpoint. But sooner or later someone with post the "beating the dead horse" meme and all that will have been accomplished is a few will get a mod warning but no hearts and minds will be changed.

Such is life I suppose.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Is Roe V Wade my opinion, or the law of the land? Sorry but logic is not on your side.

My opinion is that Roe V Wade was made incorrectly.

(a fact)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

From the OP

The (Supreme) court decided that single people have the right to contraceptives. What’s that got to do with marriage? Everything, because what the Supreme Court essentially said is single people have the right to engage in sexual intercourse. ............... It’s not the contraception, everybody thinks it’s about contraception, but what this court case said was young people have the right to engage in sex outside of marriage. Society never gave young people that right, functioning societies don’t do that, they stop it, they punish it, they corral people, they shame people, they do whatever. The institution for the expression of sexuality is marriage and all societies always shepherded young people there, what the Supreme Court said was forget that shepherding, you can’t block that, that’s not to be done.

Of course, this isn’t an argument that remains outside of the marital bed. Once inside, contraception has the same “hiding” aspect, allowing a wife to potentially hide infidelity.
Family Research Council of America representative , Pat Fagan

Now it's abortion that especially has their Victorian Era cockles in a bunch, and they're punishing, shaming, threatening, whatever, women into submissive subjugation. But it won't work. That Genii isn't going back into her bottle.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join