It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians believe in a God that has "chosen" the Jews

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Christians are jews whom regard Christ as the Messiah. Those we call jews today are still waiting for the Messiah. If you think about it, Christian is a name given to those whom accept Christ by others. Of course the Christians could go like, there are 2 billions of us, Christ is the Messiah of us and by us we mean the Jews, but stuff happened in between.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

Surprising words from someone who was raised as a Southern Baptist.

Cool though. You think for yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"Chose" should be in the past tense. They are no longer a "chosen" nation. Fleshly Israel was rejected and a new nation, "Spiritual" Israel, replaced it. Those who make us "Spiritual" Israel come from all nations of the earth.
The fleshly nation of Israel has no temple, no Aaronic priesthood and no King from the line of David. It exists merely as a secular nation with no special significance in the outworking of God's purpose.

Those who keep looking to Israel are misguided.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Such issues as the one in this thread are usually partly a result of the failure to clearly differentiate between:

Hebrew
Israelite
Judahite
Jew

They are not interchangeable.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
"Chose" should be in the past tense. They are no longer a "chosen" nation. Fleshly Israel was rejected and a new nation, "Spiritual" Israel, replaced it. Those who make us "Spiritual" Israel come from all nations of the earth.
The fleshly nation of Israel has no temple, no Aaronic priesthood and no King from the line of David. It exists merely as a secular nation with no special significance in the outworking of God's purpose.

So should we regard Romans 11 as heresy?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Q. Why do Christians believe in a God that has "chosen" the Jews?
A. Keep digging, your statement is misleading!

Galatians 3:28 There is [now no distinction] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

What holds the three sub-groups (Jew/Gentile, bond/free, male/female) of Galatians 3:28 together? It is not that God established all three relationships at creation. At creation there was no Jew and Gentile. At creation there was no slave versus free. But there was male and female. What holds these three groups together is inheritance rights.

It is "in Christ Jesus" that we are all children of God "through faith" (Gal 3:26). By baptism we get "into Christ" (Gal 3:27).

Jesus Christ is the key for those who choose to believe (through faith).

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Spiritual Israel did not put an end to the yet to be developed history, as laid down by the prophets, of the destiny of the actual tribes of Israel.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
ISis + RA = ELohim

Mother + Father = plural or gods children.

Just glad it truly is above all titles labels and definitions.
edit on 2-7-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

AMEN ! to that!

AKA.. Amun Amon

Amon, also spelled Amun, Amen, or Ammon, Amon: statue of Amon in the form of a ram protecting Taharqa [Credit: The British Museum/Heritage-Images] Egyptian deity who was revered as king of the gods.
www.britannica.com...

YA Right!!!!

Should Christians use the name of an Egyptian sun god (Amen) as part of their worship?
bible.org...

The Hebrews Adapted & Adopted Borrowed .... allot of Egyptian and Sumerian Myths aka Religion
and Other Pagan Religions ...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

So should we regard Romans 11 as heresy?

Not at all. God did not reject the Jewish people as individuals, for Paul pointed out: “For I also am an Israelite.” Yes, individuals within the Jewish nation, like Paul, could become part of spiritual Israel if they accepted Christ. Only “a remnant,” a minority, chose to do so.—Romans 11:1, 5. The rest of "Spiritual Israel" would be taken from the nations.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

They would be the original branches. That will be again grafted back into the tree. What do you think the purpose of the tribulation is? Give you an OT hint.. "in their affliction they will seek me in earnest."

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Spiritual Israel did not put an end to the yet to be developed history, as laid down by the prophets, of the destiny of the actual tribes of Israel.

The destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE along with the destruction of the temple, fulfilled the prophesy and sealed their rejection as a fleshly nation. Acceptance into the "Israel of God" no longer depends on nationality, circumcision, or being a descendant of Abraham. Those still clinging to the modern secular nation of Israel are failing to comprehend the meaning of "Spiritual Israel".
Christians who were selected by holy spirit thus belong to a spiritual nation, their membership not being determined by birth or geographic location. The apostle Paul described the matter this way: “Neither is circumcision anything nor is uncircumcision, but a new creation is something. And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.”—Galatians 6:15, 16.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Sparky63

They would be the original branches. That will be again grafted back into the tree. What do you think the purpose of the tribulation is? Give you an OT hint.. "in their affliction they will seek me in earnest."

In his letter to the Romans, Paul explained how the unbelieving natural Jews were like branches of a symbolic olive tree that were lopped off so that “wild” Gentile “branches” could be grafted in. (Romans 11:17-21) Concluding this illustration, he states: “A dulling of sensibilities has happened in part to Israel until the full number of people of the nations has come in, and in this manner all Israel will be saved.” (Romans 11:25, 26)

By the expression “all Israel,” Paul meant all of spiritual Israel—Christians who have been selected by holy spirit. He was saying that the failure of the natural Jews to accept the Messiah would not thwart God’s purpose to have a spiritual ‘olive tree’ full of productive branches. This is in harmony with Jesus’ own illustration of himself as a vine whose nonproductive branches will be lopped off. Jesus said: “I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. Every branch in me not bearing fruit he takes away, and every one bearing fruit he cleans, that it may bear more fruit.”—John 15:1, 2.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabidjackrussell

Q. Why do Christians believe in a God that has "chosen" the Jews?
A. Keep digging, your statement is misleading!

Galatians 3:28 There is [now no distinction] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
And this is your evidence? Last time I checked there were still males and females.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Zionists would disagree with you.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

The destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE along with the destruction of the temple, fulfilled the prophesy and sealed their rejection as a fleshly nation. Acceptance into the "Israel of God" no longer depends on nationality, circumcision, or being a descendant of Abraham. Those still clinging to the modern secular nation of Israel are failing to comprehend the meaning of "Spiritual Israel".
Christians who were selected by holy spirit thus belong to a spiritual nation, their membership not being determined by birth or geographic location. The apostle Paul described the matter this way: “Neither is circumcision anything nor is uncircumcision, but a new creation is something. And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.”—Galatians 6:15, 16.

Spiritual Israel is separate from the physical. The actual tribes of Israel and the nation as a whole still have promises unfulfilled and a destiny unfulfilled i.e. the prophets Jeremiah, Ezekiel ect. I don't have any problem comprehending the two. The dispensation of the nation of Israel runs concurrent with the spiritual Israel.

Even the discussion made by Paul about circumcision is in no way a confrontation to the fact that history has been written in advance about the disposition of the tribes of Israel.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

You really need to read the bible to understand it . Chosen is subjective ! Many people are chosen but does that mean they are all special . You could have been chosen to clean out the stables . Judas was chosen by Christ himself to betray him and the spirit of Satan entered Judas . How did that turn out for Judas ? The Jews are chosen to do the work of God no matter what it is . The Jews were chosen to fulfill the prophecy set forth by God . We can see now the Zionist / Globalist Jews prosecuting the plan for world domination some call the NWO where the Mark of the Beast will come from . How glorious will that chore be to usher in the Great Tribulation .
There is but one God and for any one to have asked the question the OP asked means they have not fully read the Bible therefore not knowing the context thereof .
There are all kinds of Jews named under the generic term JEW . Gods Jews are real Jews and still worship God and the Law .The Zionist/ Globalist Jews worship money and power .
edit on 4-7-2013 by SimonPeter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kryton
I've always wondered the same.

If their god does give favor to jews over Christians, then why be a christian and not convert and become "better" in god's eyes?

Without the bible quoting head games, I think it's obvious to most observers that at least jews think that god favor's them over Christians.

So why would you join the second best group worshiping this god?

What all you people are failing to realize is that Christians believe that Jews are going to hell. According to the New Testament those that do not believe in Jesus as the Messiah will not get into heaven.

So sure the Jews are the chosen people of the bible.. but they are going to hell so it doesn't really matter (according to christian belief)

I remember this clearly because when I went to the holocaust museum as a child I later asked my sunday school teacher if because all of those people killed during the holocaust were jewish did that mean that they went to hell? She said yes.. and that was the beginning of the end of my faith in organized religion.
edit on 7/4/2013 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by kryton
I've always wondered the same.

If their god does give favor to jews over Christians, then why be a christian and not convert and become "better" in god's eyes?

Without the bible quoting head games, I think it's obvious to most observers that at least jews think that god favor's them over Christians.

So why would you join the second best group worshiping this god?

What all you people are failing to realize is that Christians believe that Jews are going to hell. According to the New Testament those that do not believe in Jesus as the Messiah will not get into heaven.

So sure the Jews are the chosen people of the bible.. chosen to go to hell. If you believe any of that anyway.

I remember this clearly because when I went to the holocaust museum as a child I later asked my sunday school teacher if because all of those people killed during the holocaust were jewish did that mean that they went to hell? She said yes.. and that was the beginning of the end of my faith in organized religion.
edit on 7/4/2013 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

No they say Jews will eventually come around and admit Jesus was the messiah all along. They also think the world is ending. None of it is based on reality. In a way christianity is mental illness "the world is ending, my messiah is coming to save me" delusions "people who don't believe are demons" selfishness "I'm going to heaven, others are going to burn in hell". It's absolute pure craziness. I think even if I made it to heaven (which isn't real) I wouldn't enjoy watching loved ones or friends burning in hell because a crazy religion from 2000 years ago with many holes in it didn't fit with their belief systems.
edit on 4-7-2013 by NoSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoul

No they say Jews will eventually come around and admit Jesus was the messiah all along. They also think the world is ending. None of it is based on reality. In a way christianity is mental illness "the world is ending, my messiah is coming to save me" delusions "people who don't believe are demons" selfishness "I'm going to heaven, others are going to burn in hell". It's absolute pure craziness. I think even if I made it to heaven (which isn't real) I wouldn't enjoy watching loved ones or friends burning in hell because a crazy religion from 2000 years ago with many holes in it didn't fit with their belief systems.

You are generalizing a lot. I am a Christian and I don't believe any of the things you said. I do not believe that the Jews as a whole will ever accept Jesus. Nor do I believe that I am going to heaven or that bad people will burn in hell.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoul

You are generalizing a lot. I am a Christian and I don't believe any of the things you said. I do not believe that the Jews as a whole will ever accept Jesus. Nor do I believe that I am going to heaven or that bad people will burn in hell.

More than me generalizing it sounds like you're just in the small minority. in fact I don't recall ever talking with a christian who doesn't believe in heaven. Yeah maybe on some of the other things I was generalizing
like there are some that don't believe in hell but I don't recall any that don't believe in heaven.

A burning hell is actually never mentioned in the bible: This is a must read www.thehypertexts.com... There is no hell in the bible, it's child abuse to tell children otherwise.

here's a few quotes from there

There is no mention of "hell" or any possibility of suffering after death anywhere in the Hebrew Bible, or Old Testament (OT).

• The Hebrew word Sheol clearly means "the grave," not "hell." This can easily be confirmed because if Sheol is translated as "hell" the Christian dogma of hell as an inescapable place of suffering where God is absent is immediately refuted. This is true because: (1) King David said that if he made his bed in Sheol, God would be there with him; (2) Job asked to be hidden from suffering in Sheol; (3) the sons of Korah said that God would redeem them from Sheol; and (4) the prophet Ezekiel and the apostle Paul agreed that all Israel would be saved, and yet Israel himself said that he would be reunited with his son Joseph in Sheol. How can all Israel be saved if Israel himself is in "hell"? In each case Sheol clearly means "the grave" and cannot be interpreted as "hell" unless "hell" is heaven!

As for christians believing Jews will eventually convert there are 2 or 3 posts of people saying in this very thread, it's supposed to be in the bible. But if it's a generalization it's just another of a thousand other things that isn't consistent within christianity.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join