It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians believe in a God that has "chosen" the Jews

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Spiritual Israel is separate from the physical.

Lots of parrots running around on this forum.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
reply to post by Deetermined

[shaking head]

I accept you for where you are on your path. I'm sure a few others who are "in the know" think I'm a metaphysical novice. I am. After two years of study, I've finally developed the courage to vocalize what I know. Not believe... Know.

Good luck

What exactly is it that you "know"? So far, I've only see you mention that God is in everything around as if he's stuck and limited to this earth. What else do you "know"?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
God chose the Jews to be where the Christ would be born and bring salvation from. That's about it. The Jews have been mistreated and driven out and mass murdered. If that's what it means to be 'gods chosen' ... then I feel bad for them. Love hurts.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

You are generalizing a lot. I am a Christian and I don't believe any of the things you said. I do not believe that the Jews as a whole will ever accept Jesus. Nor do I believe that I am going to heaven or that bad people will burn in hell.

What Christian sect do you belong to?

The Bible says that Jesus will take a remnant of the Jews (the ones who have converted) and place them in his Millennial Kingdom in order for them to multiply again and for him to fulfill his promises to Abraham.

The Bible also says that those who believe in Jesus will spend eternity with him in the place he prepared.

How come you don't believe you're going to heaven? Where do you think you're going?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Being "chosen" also included them being the ones he would make an example out of, even through captivity and punishment, for the whole world to witness.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

You really need to read the bible to understand it . Chosen is subjective ! Many people are chosen but does that mean they are all special . You could have been chosen to clean out the stables . Judas was chosen by Christ himself to betray him and the spirit of Satan entered Judas . How did that turn out for Judas ? The Jews are chosen to do the work of God no matter what it is . The Jews were chosen to fulfill the prophecy set forth by God .
I did read the Bible extensively. But you are correct in that I do not understand the wishful-washy interpretation of it. But to accommodate your sentiments, I am willing make my title more specific: Why do Christians believe in a God that has "chosen" the Jews to fulfill the prophecy set forth by God (rather than themselves)?

Jesus "chose" Judas to betray him - then you are saying Jesus was evil.

You're saying, "Chose is subjective", and "There are all kinds of Jews". In other words the whole book means everything you want it to, or nothing at all.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

I remember this clearly because when I went to the holocaust museum as a child I later asked my sunday school teacher if because all of those people killed during the holocaust were jewish did that mean that they went to hell? She said yes.. and that was the beginning of the end of my faith in organized religion.
[I am sorry this happened.] (My grandfather left Europe in time. But my great-grandparents names I found in the 'Gedenkbuch'.) This adds another aspect to my question: Christians tried to kill all of God's chosen people. As if Christians tried to kill our own God's incarnation. Why did they do that?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

Oh wow that's a terrible punishment, paying 50 shekels of silver. Also that's only if they get discovered

The Highpriest of the Temple was paid 10 shekels of silver a year, that was a lot of money. Back then 1 silver shekel was worth a man's life and was basically what a soldier would be paid for his salary. Having to pay 50 shekels of silver to the father of the girl who was raped or taken advantage of was a lot of damage to a man who couldn't afford it, it doesn't stop there either. When a man had to pay the bride price of a virgin for raping a girl, the father reserved the right to refuse the man her hand as wife, and the man who raped her still had to pay the money. Can't pay up? Then you became daddy's slave. That's a huge deterrant along with being made to marry a woman you could never divorce.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

This thread caught my attention because it brought to mind Freedom for me. People seem to forget that we have Freedom From Religion also. I was raised in the exact religious environment that your post describes. I left the Baptist church and all organized religion after 55 years of what I equate with brainwashing. They start you very young in "Sunday School". I still read the Bible, but from a historical perspective with candid stories of human and civilizations follies and errors and survival. What I got from teachers and preachers was to hate and at the same time pray for the "sinners". They have perverted the teachings of a good man, Jesus, for a thousand years.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Being "chosen" also included them being the ones he would make an example out of, even through captivity and punishment, for the whole world to witness.
Wait, Jews were chosen to be made an "example out of, even through captivity and punishment". Then why are they complaining? Should this not make them happy?

Why is it that the guys who claim to understand the Bible so much better refer to vague claims without providing the exact quote? Maybe because it is only their wishful-washy interpretation that they are quoting from, not the one we can all look at?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3

all organized religion after 55 years of what I equate with brainwashing. They start you very young in "Sunday School". I still read the Bible, but from a historical perspective with candid stories of human and civilizations follies.
Well said. I equate it with hypnosis because at the young age, we don't have the brain "contents" yet that anything needs to be "washed". I was lucky not to be subjected to Sunday School, not many people are able to break free of that.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Your extensive reading of the bible as you call it was as a critic rather than for inspiration . You have found what you are looking for but are unaware that it is petty in nature .
If you had read the bible seeking understanding of what God was saying you would have ran across the fact that God having as a courtesy offered the Gospel to the Jews first but in effect did an end around the Jews to Make a People Out of No People . He knew that the clannish Jews would not have shared the Gospel with the Gentile . The Babylonian Talmud had infiltrated the Jewish Temple and contempt for the Gentile would not have allowed sharing Gods word with non Jews . The Talmud was not an inspired by God and was likely the inspiration for the Protocols of Zion which was heavily denied by the Talmudic Jews . But proven to be true by American Military Intelligence in 1919 .

Your assessment toward Jesus is driven by your agenda to destroy the Christian faith as was your method of biblical research along with support materials you relied on .

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You are defiantly not one to criticize. Your OP really showed your misunderstanding of what God was doing . I can assume that you also do not believe that the NWO is real and about to accomplish it's goal of world domination which usually seems to accompany individuals with your not so unique mind set .

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Your extensive reading of the bible as you call it was as a critic rather than for inspiration . You have found what you are looking for but are unaware that it is petty in nature .
If you had read the bible seeking understanding of what God was saying you would have ran across the fact that God having as a courtesy offered the Gospel to the Jews first but in effect did an end around the Jews to Make a People Out of No People . He knew that the clannish Jews would not have shared the Gospel with the Gentile . The Babylonian Talmud had infiltrated the Jewish Temple and contempt for the Gentile would not have allowed sharing Gods word with non Jews . The Talmud was not an inspired by God and was likely the inspiration for the Protocols of Zion which was heavily denied by the Talmudic Jews . But proven to be true by American Military Intelligence in 1919 .

Your assessment toward Jesus is driven by your agenda to destroy the Christian faith as was your method of biblical research along with support materials you relied on .

You are defiantly not one to criticize. Your OP really showed your misunderstanding of what God was doing . I can assume that you also do not believe that the NWO is real and about to accomplish it's goal of world domination which usually seems to accompany individuals with your not so unique mind set . (my high-lights)

Thank you for re-affirming the convictions I have recently arrived at.

People who claim to know "what God was doing", and why, really have no more of a clue about God than anybody else. ("Nobody has seen God") But they get upset when somebody reads the Bible, who actually pays attention, asks questions, and prevents them from spreading their false association with the 'Almighty'.

All you are doing is throwing hateful, inflamatory terms at me for describing my understanding, along with the reasoning and biblical support. Why can you not counter my arguments? Why is criticism of the Bible unacceptable? (newsflash, NWO is off-topic.)

edit on 4-7-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

People who claim to know "what God was doing" and why really have no more of a clue about God than anybody else. (Nobody has seen God) But they get upset when somebody reads the Bible, who actually pays attention, asks questions, and prevents them from spreading their false association with the 'Almighty'.

You can know what God was doing. That's what the scripture is for. He's telling you what he was doing and why, but most people cannot see the spiritual meaning hiding behind the words. The Torah/Tenach are the foreshadowing events that preclude the physical manifestation of his mighty plan being put into action. Nobody has seen the invisible soul of God, they could only see his off flash the Son of God and even that title has it's own allegorical meaning. As I mentioned before, the God with Moses was the one we have come to know as Jesus Christ and he has made many appearences to men over time. List of books and subsequent chapters i have found that he appeared in the physical are listed below.

Genesis 3
Genesis 18
Exodus 33
Joshua 5
Judges 13
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Acts 9

In the Gospels he revealed himself to his disciples who became his Apostles, and the future generations of his people. His revelation of himself to the world doesn't come till the final showdown. That is when the rest of the world gets to see him. His people can see him from beginning to end in the scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation, it's the Torah that shows you how to look for him and the Gospels confirm that is who he is.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No actually your beliefs are on topic . You are making some assumptions based on what you think that of course are based on what you believe . In doing so you are demeaning to Christians who believe the Gospel . You have been involved with denying Christ on other post and threads . You have taken on the denigration of Christianity as a whole . Your spirit of Antichrist will never let you see the truth . You are a denier of things that may hazard you . God evidently hazards you and the evils of the NWO scares you . You are not alone but some people can handle it and deal with it . The two , God and the Great Tribulation coming soon and the NWO and it's evil plot are tied together in a way . God prophesied it was to happen and the New World Order and it's Zionist Jews are doing the foot work to make it happen unknowingly .
What you or I think about it is not important in the scheme of things . But your eventual well being is !

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
God chose the Jews to be where the Christ would be born and bring salvation from. That's about it. The Jews have been mistreated and driven out and mass murdered. If that's what it means to be 'gods chosen' ... then I feel bad for them. Love hurts.

I doubt he chose them for that. They did that to themselves because of their sin. The church is mirroring them, and they will face the same punishment, which is exile except this exile will be into desolation and it wont end. Always a remnant left behind to tell the tale. History repeating itself again.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You can know what God was doing. That's what the scripture is for. He's telling you what he was doing and why, but most people cannot see the spiritual meaning hiding behind the words.
You believe in Judeo-Christian scriptures, that's fine. I will not try to talk you out of it (in part because I know that I can't). By the same token, you cannot insist, that your reality, your belief is proven to be true. Because it's not. And other beliefs are not the result of lack of understanding.

Yes, the Bible says a lot of things. There are many things written and said, in this decade, that you cannot trust. How do you know which one to trust? By knowing the author. But that's not always easy. (Especially on a question like religion)

To know about people who lived 2000 years ago, that is impossible.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Originally posted by Deetermined

If you're a new Christian, I highly recommend this website (www.gotquestions.org) for asking questions and looking up topics for ANY question that you might come up with...

"Why did God choose Israel to be His chosen people?"
Your link is answering the wrong question. I do not want to know why God chose the Jews. That’s fine. Since I am not a Jew, why would I choose that "God" rather than some other deity?

You link does give an interesting quote, though. “God’s desire for Israel was that they would go and teach others about Him. Israel was to be a nation of priests, prophets, and missionaries to the world.” I have heard this before, do you know where it is from?

Because there is only 1 God to worship.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Okeyd57

Because there is only 1 God to worship.

How do you know that?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join