It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians believe in a God that has "chosen" the Jews

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by NoSoul

How do you know Jesus is not a deceiver? Other than saying it's in your "heart" you don't. Why is bible the word of God? Everybody knows it was written by man, but why is it people trick themselves to believing the real God told them to write it? What if someone else wrote another book today and said it was the "real" word of God. There would be many thinking it's a false book, but what if it was the real one? So why is the bible different? Just because it's a tradition passed down from generation to generation doesn't make it true.

Unless you've read the Bible to see how every piece of the puzzle fits together perfectly and in detail, I don't know what else to tell you. There are even a few here on ATS who claim that the Bible alone brought them to God through the power of his Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit can only be found in God's Word. It only comes from Jesus and no one else. All other spirits are just that, spirits. Plus, it's a book of prophecy that is still playing out and coming true today.

Nice try there but you're making assumptions about me. I was raised Southern Baptist. I've probably read more of the bible than you, or at worst we're tied. I've read the entire bible. It's nothing but contradictions. All of the so called prophecies being played out are extremely subjective. Let me also wonder aloud if you've read the entire bible, and are we talking old testament or just new? Because in the old testament, it approves raping of women, war on man, slavery and incest. Are these values you approve of? This is why many preachers advise you ignore the Old Testament. (but how can the word of God be ignored?) But don't take my word for it, feel free to do your own research, although since the truth hurts too much I expect you not to research it at all.. The bible is a big lie you've been deceived my brother.

The bible was writen by man there's no magic power to it it itself is the biggest deception of mankind. The real God of the Earth would never chose a people or favor any race, creed, sex, sexual origin. He would love all that has lived on this earth because he would be responsible for putting all that has lived on earth there. That's how it should be known the bible is written by men with a huge agenda. Most likely whatever created us does not see over us anymore.We're no different than the animals that occupy the land, the truth is we don't know why we're here. No man made book filled with evil intentions can change that.
edit on 3-7-2013 by NoSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is the biggest problem with religion people pick specific examples instead of the OVERALL message:

Which is:

We are all God's creatures, love,respect,tolerant of others.

Epic massive failure of so many people God doesn't have favorites.
edit on 3-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
This is the biggest problem with religion people pick specific examples instead of the OVERALL message:

Which is:

We are all God's creatures, love,respect,tolerant of others.

Epic massive failure of so many people God doesn't have favorites.
edit on 3-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Agreed As we ARE ALL* seeking the same guidance

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

The Jews were chosen so they could usher in Jesus. Once Jesus was born he made it clear that we are all chosen people of God.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The Bible is not some special book. A prophecy was made that can never come true (Nebuchadnezzar conquering Egypt and Tyre - which he never did). That one failed prophecy along proves that either Yahweh is not all powerful to control everything and make the prophecy happen (which would be against free-will anyway) OR that Yahweh is not all knowing which is why the prophecy did not come true.

What we've learned about prophecy (including Ezekiel 29, Daniel 9, Matthew 24, and others) is that descriptions are given to cover two totally separate incidents that will be close in nature to one another, but are to happen at different times. One usually in the short term and one for the long term. History repeats itself and will continue to do so.

As for the prophecy regarding Egypt and Nebuchadnezzar, there were two prophecies involved. There is no reason to connect the prophecy of Egypt’s 40 year desolation, given by Ezekiel on January 7, 587BC, with his prophecy of Nebuchadnezzar’s conquest of the Egyptians which was given on April 26, 571BC. The two are completely different utterances, spoken 16 years apart, and in reverse order of the “failed” prophecy claim.

Nebuchadnezzar did defeat the Egyptian Army at the Battle of Carchemesh in 606BC and subsequently carried off the wealth of Egypt, as Ezekiel’s 2nd prophecy says, but the land of Egypt has not yet lain desolate for 40 years. (When it does, it will have happened after Nebuchadnezzar’s conquest.)

edit on 3-7-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

As Christians we are Jews with privileges.
We are grafted onto the tree of life, adopted into the family of the living God of the old and new testament. We are instructed to love one another as we love ourselves. We are to take care of the widows and children, and what we do to the least of humanity we do to God/Christ.
If we die to our corporeal bodies at the cross of Christ's crucifixion, we receive the Holy Spirit who will guide us on a personal journey as intended for each of us. This is so simple but not easy. This journey requires us to die to ourselves and awaken to the spirit. The difficulty is in the resistance. ASK for the guidance and will of God as soon as you open your eyes and stay quiet until you hear the still small voice within, the more you practice the easier it gets to live free in the spirit, which in my humble opinion is heaven on earth.
Read God's living word word as it creates, spend time with like minded people, and the journey is enhanced.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

Because in the old testament, it approves raping of women, war on man, slavery and incest. Are these values you approve of?

I don't expect anyone who's living in this day and age to be able to understand the living conditions and cultures of man 2,000 years ago. There was no approval of rape. If one group of people conquered another group of people, the ones who conquered took care of the wives and children of those that they killed. They married them. In the beginning, incest was necessary in order to multiply the people. Slavery was often the result of punishment for disobeying God. He had his own people held captive on a few occasions to get them to realize the error of their ways. The problem is that man today wants to apply 2,000 years of evolution to past cultures and it's just not realistic.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The "god" that "chose" the jewish people is not omnipresent,omnipotent or omniscient. End of story. He was an Anunnaki. "Our" bible comes from more ancient Sumerian texts. They have been heavily censored by the church. We are spoonfed edited information since childhood. The "snake" in the garden(E.a) saved mankind from destruction at the hands of En.lil/Yahweh. But that's a different story.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by NoSoul

Because in the old testament, it approves raping of women, war on man, slavery and incest. Are these values you approve of?

I don't expect anyone who's living in this day and age to be able to understand the living conditions and cultures of man 2,000 years ago. There was no approval of rape. If one group of people conquered another group of people, the ones who conquered took care of the wives and children of those that they killed. They married them. In the beginning, incest was necessary in order to multiply the people. Slavery was often the result of punishment for disobeying God. He had his own people held captive on a few occasions to get them to realize the error of their ways. The problem is that man today wants to apply 2,000 years of evolution to past cultures and it's just not realistic.

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated (anah) her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NIV

But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die. Deuteronomy 22:25

But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter: Deuteronomy 22:26

For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her. Deuteronomy 22:27

1 Kings
David's beautiful daughter Tamar was raped by her half brother (chap. 13), and David's concubines were humiliated publicly by Absalom when he captured the kingdom 1 Kings 16:22

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you. (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion." Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

You are right about one thing, the ideas of the bible are outdated and should not under any circumstances be used in today's society. But I take it a step further and say many of the ideas in the bible are demented. You may never accept the truth but these words were written by man to make themselves be able to play God. That's what I figured though you're like 99% of other christians haven't read all the bible and assume it's God's word. You'd think if you were a real "Christian" you'd know the bible and have read it. Don't let your faith fool you, that's just in your mind and from your built in believe system passed down from other

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

edit on 3-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

I'm not going to deny the fact that back in that day, it was kill or be killed.

Satan was doing everything in his power to destroy the Israelite people in order to keep Jesus from being born into their bloodline, so God would sometimes beat Satan to the punch by eliminating the people that were worshiping false gods and committing evil in order to preserve the ones that were following him.

It wasn't just a battle of the people, it was a battle of the gods as well.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
The "god" that "chose" the jewish people is not omnipresent,omnipotent or omniscient. End of story. He was an Anunnaki. "Our" bible comes from more ancient Sumerian texts. They have been heavily censored by the church. We are spoonfed edited information since childhood. The "snake" in the garden(E.a) saved mankind from destruction at the hands of En.lil/Yahweh. But that's a different story.

In the meanwhile, the people who worshiped these Sumerian gods have died out and the people of the Bible continue to live on, thanks to their God. Yahweh is NOT Enki or Enlil.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by NoSoul

I'm not going to deny the fact that back in that day, it was kill or be killed.

Satan was doing everything in his power to destroy the Israelite people in order to keep Jesus from being born into their bloodline, so God would sometimes beat Satan to the punch by eliminating the people that were worshiping false gods and committing evil in order to preserve the ones that were following him.

It wasn't just a battle of the people, it was a battle of the gods as well.

Didn't you mention strawman arguments earlier? That's what you're giving me. Last time you quoted me you only addressed one part of my post, now you're only addressing the war part. What about the rape? If the bible is the word of God then God condones rape. There's no way around it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

Where did the Bible condone it? If you read those verses again, they lay out the punishment for such an offense.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver"

Oh wow that's a terrible punishment, paying 50 shekels of silver. Also that's only if they get discovered.

"Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves."

I guess you condone this, or you didn't read my post. (most likely, #2)

Also the fact that David's daughters were raped to punish David. Have you read the Old Testament?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

thats an observation most do not ever come to ponder.. its a trick.. keep digging.. it gets worse..

“God has given the Jews power over the possessions and blood of all nations.” Seph. Jp. 92, 1

“Jews are human beings; the other peoples of the world are not human beings, but beasts.” Baba Mezia

“All things pertaining to the Goyim are like a desert; the first person to come along and take them can claim them for his own.” Babha Bathra, 54b

“Those who do good to Christians will never rise from the dead.” Zohar, I, 25b

“A Jew is permitted to rape, cheat, and perjure himself; but he must take care he is not found out, so that Israel may not suffer.” Schulchan Aruch, Johre Deah

“A Gentile girl who is three years old can be violated.” Aboda Shara, 37a

“If a Jew has raped a non-Jewish girl and another who saw it is called as a witness, that Jew must, without compunction, swear falsely.” Jore Deah

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoul

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver"

You cut those verses a little short, didn't you?

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

He's also forced to marry her and keep her as his wife for the rest of his life.

I don't know about you, but I'm sure some men would rather be stoned to death than have to marry, live with and provide for every woman he's ever slept with for the rest of his life.

The punishment was to keep the men from doing it in the first place.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by NoSoul

As a child I read it and did not understand, as a man I read it and saw only blood and evil but the Koran felt evil even before I attempted to read it, the new testament if innocent and can you not see from god's ten commandments until the cross they were crucifying him with laws that were obviously not based on those commandment's, did he really have to die to show you he was innocent.

Ok maybe we're making a little progress. I'm willing to listen that the New Testament was a more realistic word of God. I will not listen to the Old Testament being the word of God when it is filled with murder and rape. But people like to use the Old Testament as a pretext for Jesus' coming, yet they don't really know the contents of the Old Testament. .

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join