It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do sociopaths or psychopaths get depressed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yes, depression depends on the brain's ability to produce serotonin and other neural transmitters. But aren't transmitters produced based on what an individual's brain perceives as "transmitter" worthy?. I mean, you have to care about something enough to have an emotional response.

So I'm wondering. Do you think sociopaths go about their day and nothing gets them down? I Guess the opposite would apply here too.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
From personal experience I know that sociopaths do get depressed.

Sociopaths care about themselves, not others, so yes, they can and do get depressed.

My ex was a sociopath.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

. Do you think sociopaths go about their day and nothing gets them down?

I don't have an answer to your question; as far as I know...I do not know any sociopaths. People that are (sociopaths) I have not studied much...as yet.

However...I am wondering...why you want to know this?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yes, I think they do...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

True. They have narcissistic tendencies

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Probably because his boss is like my boss. A greedy pos, I'd love to see my boss so depressed that he can't get out of bed in the morning.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Great clip! Very informative. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
well, I suppose if they can't screw over or mutilate someone, they could get depressed. Everyone can get depressed if they are in withdrawal.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sociopaths and psychopaths come in as many different configurations as neurotypical people.

So it would stand to reason that some do experience depression to some degree, just probably not in the way most others do.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Everything (maybe) you want to know about sociopaths and Frequently asked questions are at the link below. I can't remember how I found the site (Sociopath World ) but I put it in my favorite's to check out.

Its well worth reading. You might learn all about your boss or a certain friend or just the weirdness of the whole mind.

It's really interesting I must say! Enjoy! (I think)

after looking at the questions go to the "home page" lots of stuff on that site!

here you go www.sociopathworld.com...
edit on 29-6-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

So I'm wondering. Do you think sociopaths go about their day and nothing gets them down?

What bothers them is what bothers them. Typically the oppressors of the world are down and only "feel better" when they are pulling others down to their level. That way they can feel superior by comparison.

Another way of viewing clinical depression is sadness. People who are grieving over the loss of a loved one or saddened by events in the world are far different from the typical sociopath. These are saddened alright. But primarily they are saddened about themselves, not others. They cry about their money, stuff and schedule. Most of them give a rats ass about others feelings, except when they pretend to in order to save face and keep up appearances.

Sociopaths and psychopaths are the same except the sociopath usually is verbal and emotionally abusive and a psychopath is more physical (brawling, raping, murdering).

If you mix in a little narcissism, you have the most dangerous kind of human on the planet.

This is a short version, I typed out in a hurry cause I have to go.

new topics

top topics

join