It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being Gay IS a Natural thing

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Science would certainly disagree with you. What we see in studies is that gross anatomy of the brain in homosexual is different from heterosexuals. These differences are to the extent that they can't be explained away by neuroplasticity. These people have had no say in how their brain developed in the womb. So I fail to see how you can say homosexuality is a choice.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by Camperguy

Ok let me spell it out for you, gays cant reproduce for a reason, biology. Hetros that cant medical. Now is there a supernatural force at work preventing either? dont know, but it is what it is.

Bill

Oh good, so at least we have moved you out of the camp that is saying "Mother Nature" or "God" must not "want" homosexuals to procreate.

That's a start.

Well call it like you see it but if it was meant to be it would be. Its pretty obvious that most religions are not supportive of it, why? And if you go the nature route why are there genders and why does it require a male and female? Can people of the same sex raise a child, sure ,we're a pretty adept race. Were we meant to, is my question.

Bill

Ancient Israel had 5 genders. They are a social construct, not a biological one. Let's keep this about biology, not sociology.

Were we meant to? Were we meant to fly through the sky in a metal tube going 500 miles an hour? What does that even mean, where we meant to? Do you mean, have we adapted the emotional capacity to overcome biological shortcomings in an attempt to create a fuller and more meaningful existence?

The answer to that is clearly yes.

5 genders, ill have to look that up, well flying through the air? hmm I guess we could just genetically alter our spieces to all be full functioning hermaphrodites. That way we could all be meant to chose whatever,whoever we want to be. Personally i'm happy being a man, married to a wonderful woman. We have three healthy young adults that thankfully have no biological shortcomings. Im curious what happened to those 5 genders you talk about. Guess i'll have to do a little reading.

Edit: as far as gender they can mean either , social or biological, I was talking biological ,so it does make a difference. Only thing I could find on five genders is a small Indonesian tribes cultural ways breaking biology in 5 subgroups of behaviors.

Bill
edit on 30-6-2013 by Camperguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

If someone punches you, is it your choice to feel the pain? If you eat something and you like the taste or dislike it, was that a choice or were you just responding to the taste which you may or may not like?

As in all things Education is key.

Definitions:

Choice - consists of the mental process of judging the merits of multiple options and selecting one or more of them. While a choice can be made between imagined options ("what would I do if ...?"), often a choice is made between real options and followed by the corresponding action.

Reaction - resistance or opposition to a force, influence, or movement; especially: tendency toward a former and usually outmoded political or social order or policy

Response - an answer or reply, as in words or in some action

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All these threads prove is that there are bigoted, small minded people left in the world who are becoming increasingly pissed that gays are gaining more acceptance. There's no point in arguing with them - they're 99% of them never going to change their minds. Leave them to it. Leave them to sit there and become increasingly irrelevant with each passing year.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Science would certainly disagree with you. What we see in studies is that gross anatomy of the brain in homosexual is different from heterosexuals. These differences are to the extent that they can't be explained away by neuroplasticity. These people have had no say in how their brain developed in the womb. So I fail to see how you can say homosexuality is a choice.

I am a Heterosexual, but if I CHOSE to be a Homosexual then my brain would accomodate those electrical patterns and stimuli differently so of course they are wired differently according to our choices in life.
edit on 30-6-2013 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by McCool
Why do gay men adopt these hilarious over the top, whiny voices?

If you meet a straight man he'll introduce himself, "Hi, my name's _______, I'm __ years old." A gay man on the other hand feels the need to tell you, "Hi, my name's ______, I'm __ years old and incase you didn't know I'm gay!". Why is that?

Why do gay men try to act feminine, and try to adopt feminine behaviours? They are nothing AT ALL like women, they are a horrific abomination. Do gay men really just wish they were women?

i know plenty of gay men who dobt act 'girly" And so what if they
do? There is enough problems in the world to be worrying about,
rather than stupid pintless things like this!

I really feel for your children, i really do! You are the type of person
the world def does not need, and def should not be bringing up children.
No wonder the cycle of hatred never ends!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

As I said in my post, these differences go far beyond the limits of neuroplasticity. These aren't just different neuronal pathways being made. These are major differences in key structures in the brain. For example the amygdala, a key structure in emotional responses, in gay men is more like that found in heterosexual females than males. We also see this in the INAH3 the sexually dimorphic nucleus for humans. The homosexual brain even processes fluoxetine differently than the heterosexual brain. Then of course there are the other physical differences such as homosexuals more likely to be left handed. When one actually looks at the physiological data it becomes impossible to say that homosexuality is a choice.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
reply to post by Jay-morris

EVERYTHING in this life is a CHOICE. If you believe any differently then your a fool and a slave to your own ignorance.

what a complete load of rubbish! Do you choose to love your
mum, dad and your children. You tellimg me you choose to love
them? If you are saying that, im glad im not you!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb
All these threads prove is that there are bigoted, small minded people left in the world who are becoming increasingly pissed that gays are gaining more acceptance. There's no point in arguing with them - they're 99% of them never going to change their minds. Leave them to it. Leave them to sit there and become increasingly irrelevant with each passing year.

There ya go, don't believe what I believe your an uneducated ,paranoid , irrelevant, angry S.O.B.

I thought this was about a forum where all types get together and socialize

Bill

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

BAM!

Where are you now MichaelPMaccabee?

Thebtheb what does this post have to do with homosexuality being natural or not?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

If someone punches you, is it your choice to feel the pain? If you eat something and you like the taste or dislike it, was that a choice or were you just responding to the taste which you may or may not like?

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
As in all things Education is key.

Definitions:

Choice - consists of the mental process of judging the merits of multiple options and selecting one or more of them. While a choice can be made between imagined options ("what would I do if ...?"), often a choice is made between real options and followed by the corresponding action.

Reaction - resistance or opposition to a force, influence, or movement; especially: tendency toward a former and usually outmoded political or social order or policy

Response - an answer or reply, as in words or in some action

I'm talking about "response" in the scientific sense, as in "stimuli" and "response. A stimuli causing a response.

You eat the fruit, there is taste, you respond with "this is good", "this is bad", "this is yuck" , and so forth. You may not say it in words, it may be a facial expression, or it may even be an action such as continuing to eat it or not.

My point is this: you eat, you taste, you know the taste, and once the taste is known the body already knows if it likes it or not. That was not a choice.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Sorry man its not a Natural thing. Its a choice. i dont care how many ways you spin it its a choice and will always be. If i get ticked off and i say get very mad and im ready to kill the guy. with your thought on this Natural thing. because im mad i should be allowed to kill this guy right? after all maybe i was born with this anger issue so its ok right? Well i pick to not to act on them feelings and not kill a person. and it is that simple. Now if you want to be gay i really dont care, If you want to marry the same sex again i do not care go for it! do i think gays are scum or whatever you want to insult them no they are people too and there choice to be gay don't bug me one bit. but your argument about it being natural could not be further from the truth. Nature will find a way to reproduce. When you find 2 same sex people that are able to reproduce then sure then i can see it being natural in some way but fact is 2 same sex people can NOT have a kid Natural!! so how can you even say its natural???? If you chose to be gay thats fine but quit blaming everyone and everything because you made that choice! If you want your blood line to cease in this world be gay i really dont care. but take responsibility for your choice.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by St0mP121
reply to post by Djayed

Sorry man its not a Natural thing. Its a choice. i dont care how many ways you spin it its a choice and will always be. If i get ticked off and i say get very mad and im ready to kill the guy. with your thought on this Natural thing. because im mad i should be allowed to kill this guy right? after all maybe i was born with this anger issue so its ok right? Well i pick to not to act on them feelings and not kill a person. and it is that simple. Now if you want to be gay i really dont care, If you want to marry the same sex again i do not care go for it! do i think gays are scum or whatever you want to insult them no they are people too and there choice to be gay don't bug me one bit. but your argument about it being natural could not be further from the truth. Nature will find a way to reproduce. When you find 2 same sex people that are able to reproduce then sure then i can see it being natural in some way but fact is 2 same sex people can NOT have a kid Natural!! so how can you even say its natural???? If you chose to be gay thats fine but quit blaming everyone and everything because you made that choice! If you want your blood line to cease in this world be gay i really dont care. but take responsibility for your choice.

Do you choose to love your parents?
Do you choose to love your partner?
do you choose to love your children?

Saying its a choice is an insult to all the gay people that have been beaten, tortured and murdered in countries where it is against the law to be gay. Sure, in these countries they chose to be gay for the thrill of being beaten and death.

My brother is gay, and he was a popular guy. He came out and almost lost everything, even thought about suicide. Yeah, my brother chose this! sigh

Its nothing to do with choice. I am straight. I did not choose to be straight. Its just the way i am. Could i choose to be gay? No, i could not. Do you choose to be straight?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by St0mP121

The difference between homosexuality and your example is that your brain is not structured to want to kill this guy upon seeing him. With all the stigma and bigotry directed towards homosexuality why would anyone choose to be a homosexual? If it's a choice why are there many who attempt to find solace in the false pro sizes of conversion therapy?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
It bothers me that the "most popular topic right now" is a thread about homosexuality about 50% of the time. I understand how important it is to the gay community, but I think GMOs and our government's dirty laundry ought to be sparking more threads and thoughts than homosexual controversy, which is, by the way, overly exploited by the media in order to--yeah--DESTRACT you from bigger issues.

Sometimes I overestimate the average ATSer's ability to see they're being dooped when they get choked up watching gay marriage controversy on the news.

Yeah, you've said all of this before. You've said this repeatedly, increasing both your post count and adding to the attention that these threads, and in turn, the issues that I deem important. I wear it as a badge of honor that you are distracted. It means that the issues are being heard by you, even if you are ignoring the message.

Thanks for your continued help to distract others. You are doing more than you know.

Yes, I take an extra minute and a half to reply to these threads, simply to point out how distracted they are. Homosexuality threads get blown way out of whack, and its ridiculous. Me making a small comment, pointing out that there are, in fact, bigger issues in the world, does quite the opposite of distracting people.

You're on every homosexuality thread.

Which one of us is distracted again?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

There ya go, don't believe what I believe your an uneducated ,paranoid , irrelevant, angry S.O.B.

I thought this was about a forum where all types get together and socialize

Bill

Nope. If you don't advocate gay marriage, then you're an evil bigoted christian cult-worshiper.

Those are the rules everywhere. Even on ATS.

Deny ignorance?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by knightrider078

Originally posted by knightrider078
Man + Woman = Baby that is Natural end of story.

You make it sound like only sex that produces a baby is natural.

I guess infertile or old people sex is unnatural even if it is a man and a woman by your logic.

What an ignorant statement.

The whole purpose of sex is--yeah--reproduction.

I'm not a gay hater, just saying. Saying that reproduction by sex is no more natural than "fooling around" is completely wrong. Had to point it out.

If we produced asexually, there would be no sex, no orgasms, and no "fooling around."

Sex is intended for reproduction.

Just because its become more of a recreational activity lately doesn't change the fact.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by McCool

If you meet a straight man he'll introduce himself, "Hi, my name's _______, I'm __ years old." A gay man on the other hand feels the need to tell you, "Hi, my name's ______, I'm __ years old and incase you didn't know I'm gay!". Why is that?

Why is what? That you make up crap to make some silly point that holds no bearing in reality. I'm not sure.

Why do gay men try to act feminine, and try to adopt feminine behaviours?

You mean like this guy?

They are nothing AT ALL like women

You realize you just contradicted yourself?? You just said they act all feminine. Then you say they are nothing alike. Your thoughts are all over the place.

Do gay men really just wish they were women?

Stop covering your ears and eyes and you'll know the answer.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by St0mP121

I agree 100% but I would also like to point out that the creator of all things, God also has an opinion on this subject matter:

Leviticus 20:13 - New International Version (©2011)
"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

A capital offense in the eyes of God. NO excuses. No way to talk this away.

REPENT AND ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS

May all who read this: Accept Jesus of Nazareth as your Christ, Savior and Lord. In Jesus name be clean of homosexual lust. AMEN

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It bothers me that the "most popular topic right now" is a thread about homosexuality about 50% of the time. I understand how important it is to the gay community, but I think GMOs and our government's dirty laundry ought to be sparking more threads and thoughts than homosexual controversy, which is, by the way, overly exploited by the media in order to--yeah--DESTRACT you from bigger issues.

Sometimes I overestimate the average ATSer's ability to see they're being dooped when they get choked up watching gay marriage controversy on the news.

Yeah, you've said all of this before. You've said this repeatedly, increasing both your post count and adding to the attention that these threads, and in turn, the issues that I deem important. I wear it as a badge of honor that you are distracted. It means that the issues are being heard by you, even if you are ignoring the message.

Thanks for your continued help to distract others. You are doing more than you know.

Yes, I take an extra minute and a half to reply to these threads, simply to point out how distracted they are. Homosexuality threads get blown way out of whack, and its ridiculous. Me making a small comment, pointing out that there are, in fact, bigger issues in the world, does quite the opposite of distracting people.

You're on every homosexuality thread.

Which one of us is distracted again?

I'm on every homosexual thread because the topic matters to me. Like I said, you are here to make sure everyone knows you are distracted. That's great. Keep bumping these threads, friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join