It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being Gay IS a Natural thing

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You can't compare animals to homosexuality and say its natural. If even though they do things out of instinct because its natural for them to act like well..animals

Homosexuality is an emotion, an romantic attraction, a free minded choice in being you. If it was natural then, I must be an alien.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think a lot of this has to do with the MSM crowd both for and against. As for myself I do not really care. I do think it is natural for people just like in nature it is part of their genetic programing.

I do not have a problem with the activists pushing the gay agenda they are fighting for something important to them is how I see it. Not much of it even reaches my ears though because I got rid of cable years ago. My suggestion is if you do not like it then don’t watch or pay attention to it. Honestly how can it possibly affect you? I wouldn’t even know the issue was a big deal if it wasn’t for these message boards in other words it does not affect me and I fail to see how it affects others who are strait honestly just let people be who they want to be and your life will go on just fine.

Let me state this again though because I said a lot there.

A person’s sexual preferences are instinct not choice.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Are you serious, or are you just splitting hairs for the fun of it?

9/10 times (and I'm being gracious) desire precedes the act of penile penetration into the vagina. In an evolutionary sense: DESIRE is what makes the process so successful.

In any case, I feel like we've left what we were initially talking about. I said homosexuals couldn't procreate; you said they could; I clarified my position by pointing out that I meant it in a wider evolutionary sense: that desire leads to procreation. That what we call procreation is actually a process - beginning with sexual desire, and ending in the birth of a child. You point out that actually, it is "sexual congress" which leads to procreation.

Now I respond: that is a fatuous reductionism. I have heard far better reductionisms than that, but this one takes the cake. It's like seeing a car accident, and saying "see, a car accident". "What caused it" someone asks. A car hit another car: a car accident". "Yes, I see that. But preceded the accident? What set of circumstances led to these two cars hitting each other". "It doesn't matter, it's a car accident".

There's a denseness to that position that simply makes no sense. Yes, a man can rape a woman. But a man only rapes a woman because of his desire to have sex with her.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastnwokillah
I have a theory when it comes to homosexuality among humans. I will not say all but a vey large percentage are victims of some kind of molestation or trauma that after years untreated, certain behavior patterns start to develop.

Three things that really bother me about gay people especially males.

1. Flamboyance is my biggest pet peave in gay males ( I refuse to call them men)
Stop trying to act like a woman.

2. Since when was it ok for these dudes to be running women's fashion and who gave them the right to implement this anorexic standard of beauty where in mainstream society a women is not pretty unless she is skinny.

3. Stop following me in the grocery store I'm handsome ok I get it. But I am not gay or even curious for that matter I like the things women have to offer too much to even consider it.

I would say go read the story about Sodom and Gomorrah. I'm not judging Gays that is in between you and God when you die. Just leave me alone.

seems i've failed 1

2. no need to discriminate against guys doing fashion,, they have every right as a female to do it and sometimes they are far superior than the female, you cannot blame gay males on the 'anorexia model image' for America

3. you act as though we can't control ourselves and are forced to mate with every male we see, homosexual attraction work the same as heterosexual attraction, only for the same sex, we are not attracted to everyone

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

I don't know how long you were following the forums before joining but I am sure you are aware of the tactics of trolling.

They cannot come up with a logical argument and so resort to emotional impulses. This usually includes a seemingly baffling changing of topics or absurd comparisons made in order to make you appear to others as you do to their offended mind.

What they want is for you to not only accept that someone can be gay but to also support and embrace everything associated with it. That means there is no disagreeing or else you become an outcast bigot for ostracizing the group.

It is a complicated issue.

Regards,
-FBB
edit on 29-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Are you serious, or are you just splitting hairs for the fun of it?

9/10 times (and I'm being gracious) desire precedes the act of penile penetration into the vagina. In an evolutionary sense: DESIRE is what makes the process so successful.

In any case, I feel like we've left what we were initially talking about. I said homosexuals couldn't procreate; you said they could; I clarified my position by pointing out that I meant it in a wider evolutionary sense: that desire leads to procreation. That what we call procreation is actually a process - beginning with sexual desire, and ending in the birth of a child. You point out that actually, it is "sexual congress" which leads to procreation.

Now I respond: that is a fatuous reductionism. I have heard far better reductionisms than that, but this one takes the cake. It's like seeing a car accident, and saying "see, a car accident". "What caused it" someone asks. A car hit another car: a car accident". "Yes, I see that. But preceded the accident? What set of circumstances led to these two cars hitting each other". "It doesn't matter, it's a car accident".

There's a denseness to that position that simply makes no sense. Yes, a man can rape a woman. But a man only rapes a woman because of his desire to have sex with her.

Sex without desire happens quite often.
Rape without procreation happens quite often.
Pregnancy without sexual desire happens quite often.
Sexual desire without pregnancy happens FAR more often.

Pregnancy happens when two members of the opposite sex engage in sexual congress. When you begin to dictate why that sexual congress is happening, i.e. desire, you start to paint a very myopic portrait of humanity that just isn't there. It sounds like you stopped reading Jared Diamond's "Why is Sex Fun" about 2/3s of the way through.. I suggest you read the rest.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i disagree, as we see that we are all intended to travel the path of self correction or rightiousness as some call it. Homosexuality, and premiscuous heterosexuality are both undesireable not in nature, but thought. Its not nature you should worry about but your thoughts going insane over time because youve confused your true nature by misdirecting your lust..

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
reply to post by Astrocyte

I don't know how long you were following the forums before joining but I am sure you are aware of the tactics of trolling.

They cannot come up with a logical argument and so resort to emotional impulses. This usually includes a seemingly baffling changing of topics or absurd comparisons made in order to make you appear to others as you do to their offended mind.

What they want is for you to not only accept that someone can be gay but to also support and embrace everything associated with it. That means there is no disagreeing or else you become an outcast bigot for ostracizing the group.

It is a complicated issue.

Regards,
-FBB
edit on 29-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

You need to back off. We are having an adult conversation, and no one is calling anyone a bigot. People can disagree without the need for stooping to such levels. I honestly don't care nor do I really know what this persons beliefs are on the subject outside of his tentative grasp on biological anthropology and genetics.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You say nature intended homosexuality to control population. Do you understand what you just did there? You gave nature an intelligence of it's own, and a foresight. Infact, you're practically arguing for the existence of a thoughtful God who ensures the balancing factors required to help us as humans lol. Yet you say this can't happen? You sound a bit confused

If homosexuality was however a complete random genetic mutation by means of nature, you would of thought it would've died out pretty early on in humans (since they couldn't procreate). The only answer is that the original homosexuals decided to pursue female partners as well, hence spreading their genes, and thus not doing what you suggested they are which is serving as 'static' humans who don't reproduce. The only way your point would hold in regards to nature's 'intent' would be to assume these original homosexual humans just kept dying and the gene/chain of events required to have a homosexual human just kept manifesting and manifesting - but once again, you are claiming nature has an intent beyond random mutations and the consequent effect on survival. I hope you just know that this isn't the currently accept paradigm in regards to how nature/evolution works, you are leaning on the edge of a higher intelligence/divinity. Not that I have anything wrong with that

Either way, I believe it's natural - biological or psychological. Well, we've seen it occur in humans and animals, and therefore it is natural because our universe/our REALITY spawns it, and anything and everything our reality spawns (whether it be a gene or a human's actions throughout their life) is ultimately natural, right?
edit on 29-6-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The fact that some people simply choose homosexuality is an opinion?

The statement that homosexuality doesn't reproduce, while heterosexuality does, is an opinion?

Wow.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
You can't compare animals to homosexuality and say its natural. If even though they do things out of instinct because its natural for them to act like well..animals

Homosexuality is an emotion, an romantic attraction, a free minded choice in being you. If it was natural then, I must be an alien.

We are animals. A species of primate.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Dear Djayed,

I don't know if it is natural or not; but, I know it is. I preach to a primarily gay congregation (I am straight). I don't bring it up because I don't think it matters that much, they are still responsible for being kind to everyone. What if it was unnatural, that won't make it go away. I can imagine what people on this thread said and won't even bother reading the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Atzil321

If you look at the pre-Abrahamic cultures of the ancient world, homosexuality was not only acceptable but widely practiced.

Ummmm….I hate to be Captain Obvious BUT I must point out that those cultures have all disappeared!!!

Thanks for proving my point.

For your claim to be true, you would have to prove that monotheism wasn't the main factor.

Christianity embraced monotheism and then aggressively spread it and attempted to infiltrate political positions to enforce it. Homosexuality was never a main cause of a culture's disappearance or change ... Christianity on the other hand managed to cease rational thought since around 300AD and keep it on the down low all the way up to the last 400 years. Atheists had to pretend to be Orthodox just to get a point across for hundreds of years.

At no point did monotheism have a philosophical engagment with the societies they saught to overcome. It gives a sick twisted irony to the fact that Christian nations are now worried about Islam supporters taking on political office, or out numbering their ordinary citizens.

To conclude ... religion has caused the downfall of nations, cultures, and science in broad historical strokes. Homosexuality is yet to even get on the score board as far as I know.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

What do you mean "if you want to be gay"? So, you believe
its a choice? If that is the case, how ignorant!

Lol. I already stated from personal experience that there are a lot of people who chose the "gay" label, but didn't mate with anyone of the same gender. They had no attraction to the same sex. They chose the "gay" label to make a name for themselves, and nothing more. That IS a choice.

And I also said that I didn't mean to imply that ALL gays simply CHOSE their lifestyle.

I was only saying that I know some who do.

For an interesting read, see here. There's also a divine conspiracy that says "they" are screwing up our genetics so that men and women's sexualities are tweaked and therefore, we'd reproduce less. There's also the powers' advantage that, while we're all engulfed in gay controversy, they can pass laws and do their dirty work while gay marriage covers the news, and liberals and conservative proceed to attack one another.

I personally believe that some people preform homosexual actions (weather they're sexually attracted to the same sex or not) simply as a statement. A psychological clarification that they are under no one's control (like God, or their government, some of which, like the Roman Catholic church from the old days, outlawed homosexuality).

Between the psychological "rebel" effect, the "trendy" effect, and the genetic modification that skews people's sexual preferences, homosexuality becomes a little more clear.

Much clearer than comparing people to animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join