It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being Gay IS a Natural thing

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Sorry. Gay is not a natural thing at all. It is a failure of Creation. One must suffer bad karma from his previous life to be born a gay in this life time. I don't accuse them but feel sorry for them.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If that's what you think, I can't help ya.

So... since heterosexuality's ability to reproduce is apparently not factual, and is only based on opinion, please explain to me exactly how homosexuality can possibly reproduce children.

edit on 29-6-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It isn't what I think, they simply are. They would continue to be even if I didn't have knowledge of their existence. The idea that your statements could be anything but opinion is so far removed from the beliefs that I have for them that even my acknowledgement of their being statements of fact would have no baring on their actual status of statements of pure opinion.

Homosexuality is a state of being, and a state of being cannot produce children. The same goes for heterosexuality. The concept does not produce children. The act does.

I am hungry. Is being hungry an action or a state of being? Is it a choice?
I am gay. Is being gay an action or a state of being? Is it a choice? Is heterosexuality?

edit on 29-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Natural or Unnatural. Explain why there is a sex drive from the time you hit puberty. Desire, Sex Drive whatever you refer to it as. It's an ingrained instinct driven by the need to survive as a species. This is the one thing that is common in all living things. Survival. And yes procreation is part of that Survival. Without it there would be no Human Race. That is the bottom line folks. Choice or not. Our Sex Drive exists for only that one reason. Survival. We happen to think it feels great. But without the Drive to procreate we would never know how it feels it all. If there is no Desire we just don't do it. Period.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It isn't what I think, they simply are. They would continue to be even if I didn't have knowledge of their existence. The idea that your statements could be anything but opinion is so far removed from the beliefs that I have for them that even my acknowledgement of their being statements of fact would have no baring on their actual status of statements of pure opinion.

No. They're not.

The act of homosexual sex cannot reproduce.

Simple.

I see what you're getting at, but that statement is not an opinion.

Homosexuality is a state of being, and a state of being cannot produce children. The same goes for heterosexuality. The concept does not produce children. The act does.

Alright, so you got me on a technicality...?

You understood what I meant. It was extremely obvious.

I am hungry. Is being hungry an action or a state of being? Is it a choice? I am gay. Is being gay an action or a state of being? Is it a choice? Is heterosexuality?

Aaaaand this is the point where the subject starts getting touchy and tedious.

As I said before, there are more important things going on in the world that need the kind of attention that you are giving to this topic.

I understand its a key topic for you, but I don't care about homosexual controversy to give it such an exhausting amount of thought.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
When it comes to judging behaviours as acceptable or taboo, you can find similarities as well as many differences between humans and animals. This is why it is pointless trying to compare the two in terms of "natural" characteristics such as sexual orientation. As others have pointed out, it's a slippery slope that can lead to all kinds of justifications. Humans should focus on human issues and not model our behaviour on that of animals.

That being said, as a human looking at a human issue, I believe that society should accept homosexuality. When you remove all the religious objections, it is clear that the existence of homosexuality in humans does not directly negatively impact anyone. What it does do is make a small minority happier without cost to the well-being of the majority (heterosexuals). Therefore, in my opinion, it should be accepted.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
As I said before, there are more important things going on in the world that need the kind of attention that you are giving to this topic.

I understand its a key topic for you, but I don't care about homosexual controversy to give it such an exhausting amount of thought.

Yes, it is important to me, what I don't understand is why it is so important to you to come into threads about homosexuality and continue to rant about how unimportant it is to you.

It would be like me clocking on every chemtrail link and arguing about how I don't care about people believing in them. Kind of a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xnibiru

Originally posted by Xnibiru
reply to post by Djayed

Sorry. Gay is not a natural thing at all. It is a failure of Creation. One must suffer bad karma from his previous life to be born a gay in this life time. I don't accuse them but feel sorry for them.

If they are being "born gay" then being gay is natural since natural means pertaining to nature; and nature including all the things of it's activities (such as homosexual acts that occur in different species including humans).

I think the problem is most people don't know what "natural" is.

If someone says being gay isn't "natural" then then we discover that there are gay animals; that means being gay is "natural" - case closed.

edit on 30-6-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by sylent6
You can't compare animals to homosexuality and say its natural. If even though they do things out of instinct because its natural for them to act like well..animals

Homosexuality is an emotion, an romantic attraction, a free minded choice in being you. If it was natural then, I must be an alien.

We are animals. A species of primate.

I dont think so. We're human beings. Although you do make a valid point about us been animals. If you want to find the proof, just turn on t.v. and see the world conditions and how human are acting like raving beasts!!

edit on 30-6-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Yes, it is important to me, what I don't understand is why it is so important to you to come into threads about homosexuality and continue to rant about how unimportant it is to you.

It would be like me clocking on every chemtrail link and arguing about how I don't care about people believing in them. Kind of a waste of time.

It bothers me that the "most popular topic right now" is a thread about homosexuality about 50% of the time. I understand how important it is to the gay community, but I think GMOs and our government's dirty laundry ought to be sparking more threads and thoughts than homosexual controversy, which is, by the way, overly exploited by the media in order to--yeah--DESTRACT you from bigger issues.

Sometimes I overestimate the average ATSer's ability to see they're being dooped when they get choked up watching gay marriage controversy on the news.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
When it comes to judging behaviours as acceptable or taboo, you can find similarities as well as many differences between humans and animals. This is why it is pointless trying to compare the two in terms of "natural" characteristics such as sexual orientation. As others have pointed out, it's a slippery slope that can lead to all kinds of justifications. Humans should focus on human issues and not model our behaviour on that of animals.

That being said, as a human looking at a human issue, I believe that society should accept homosexuality. When you remove all the religious objections, it is clear that the existence of homosexuality in humans does not directly negatively impact anyone. What it does do is make a small minority happier without cost to the well-being of the majority (heterosexuals). Therefore, in my opinion, it should be accepted.

Accepting homosexuality is a matter of opinions. Either you accept it or you don't. We all have free minds to do whatever to make us happy so if "this" person wants to be "that" then by all means go for it.

Now since more laws are been pass on gay marriage and such..let it be. Why do we have the need to talk about it so much for? Do we really need to convince other people that's its ok..no not really. We do not need to explain anything to anyone what we like or prefer. People need to live their life to the fullest and not worry about what the next persons is doing.

On a side note, we can't use animals as an excuse for our behavior. We are not animals even though society is already dipping in those waters.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Not sure why it being "natural" or "normal" is important. Neither "natural" nor "normal" can automatically translate to desirable nor the opposite as undesirable.

Behaviours can be considered undesirable if they directly harms others in the society (harm to individuals) or a high prevalence of such behaviour leads to the demise of the society itself (harm to society).

Since every society needs to add new members to it for it to continue (death of existing members being an inevitable fact of life) and the easiest way was by reproduction, behaviours that did not result in reproduction, like homosexuality, were, historically, considered highly undesirable when the tendency was seen to be above a certain threshold.

Homosexuality, whether "natural" or otherwise, today presents no harm to any society (given the plethora of options available to having children) and never presented any harm to individuals.

Of course, taboos don't go away easily and so it will continue to be a taboo for a while longer.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Homosexuality is a mental/emotional state.

So is schizophrenia.

THAT BEING SAID, I DON'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SCHIZOPHRENICS.

*OR HOMOSEXUALS.
edit on 1111112222 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

Right. Sexual orientation employs the mental and emotional.

Would you liken border-line personality disorder to heterosexuality just because they both have a 'mental' component? I wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beastnwokillah

I have a theory when it comes to homosexuality among humans. I will not say all but a vey large percentage are victims of some kind of molestation or trauma that after years untreated, certain behavior patterns start to develop.

Nice theory. It's not new. Actually it gets mentioned in just about every anti-gay thread.

1. Evidence it's a "very large" percent??

2. What's your rationale for the sexually abused children that continue to live heterosexually?

I'm not judging Gays

No of course not

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Anything that remotely resembles brain-organization and the endocrine system is fair game.

In today's society, good people are regarded as having a personality disorder. Personality is a matter of perception first and foremost, though it may be affected by brain organization depending on the nature of the deficit.

So, in short, I disagree with you in part.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
Rape, murder, theft, cannibalism--all naturally occurring also.

So you admit it then, homosexuality is a natural thing!

As for whether we should tolerate other natural behaviors in humans, that's an entirely different discussion and should be a completely new thread.

I'm just so glad you and all the people who starred you agree homosexuality is a natural thing, I never thought I'd hear you say that muzzlebreak, I used to think of you as just a bigot. I still can't bring myself to star that post because of they way you linked sex between two people who love each other with cannibalism and murder, but still you've come along way to agree that its natural.

edit on 30/6/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Two men being in love is a myth! Just like that women who fell in love/had a sexual relationship/married her favourite theme park ride. Just a mentalist wanting attention.

Homosexuals are becoming like terrorists these days, demanding stuff and constantly broadcasting their agenda, trying to force their crazed ideas on the world. If a straight person done the same they'd be called homophobic. Mental people love to play the victim also.

Homosexuality is also responsible for the spreading of most/the largest percentage of STD's in the world!

My partner and I decided it was time for a baby, so we had NATURAL SEX for a couple of months and she eventually fell pregnant. We now have a beautiful, 4-month old little girl. If a homosexual decided to have unprotected sex for a couple of months, he/she would end up riddled with diseases, most likely ending in death.

Homosexuals are well known for being responsible for the mass production of the HIV/AIDs virus in the early days.

'Gay' people should not be allowed to adopt kids. 'Gay' people having sexual relations with straight people just to have kids should be looked down upon as a terrible miscarriage of justice, should be against the law. 'Gay' people are forced to crawl like dogs with their tails between their legs, using the opposite sex to fulfil their true needs, because they can't obtain a baby naturally.

I think it all comes down to gender identity issues, abusive childhoods, mental illness, etc. There's always the same stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join