It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being Gay IS a Natural thing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Are you, or are you not, saying homosexuality is natural because animals do it?

I don't have a definition for natural, because I believe it is a flawed concept.

link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
I just read a few pages of this thread and realised we are doomed.

For so many reasons and dynamics that most won't understand for failing to see the bigger picture, we are, as a species, doomed to be divided for a long, long time.

We were and probably never will be united, you are so right.

We were doomed the day we were born.

link   

Indeed, this social issue needs attention, because we can never truly Unite, if we can't Unite for Equality, for Everyone

Personal belief is a freedom i will defend for anyone, i've said this numerous times, girl i sound like a broken record, but at some point we have to Untie for Equality as Humans

as soon as people can open their mind to that, and stop trying to control everyone other persons life, i believe the faster we can take the walk towards unity in Equality

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I don't have anything against you personally, I wrote three other posts since page seven. When I think of gay men I think of sissy or a girl. I am sorry nothing against you personally. I listened to a lot of Eminem and men having sex with men, just looked at it as effeminate. I am not trying to insult you and I hope I didn't you seem nice. Just the OP went on and on for seven pages about the gays helping population control and gay animals, and I am just sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ps. how has this turned in to a personal vendetta between certain people? I don't see how the argument a few people are holding on to and discussing will get the discussion moving anywhere new other than proving who has the better posts and who is making a bigger point.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
I don't have a definition for natural, because I believe it is a flawed concept.

What you probably mean is it doesn't fit your agenda so denial is to be expected......naturally.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don't think a man giving a dog a name and training him to respond to it is natural.

Oh

edit on 29-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Indeed, this social issue needs attention, because we can never truly Unite, if we can't Unite for Equality, for Everyone

Personal belief is a freedom i will defend for anyone, i've said this numerous times, girl i sound like a broken record, but at some point we have to Untie for Equality as Humans

as soon as people can open their mind to that, and stop trying to control everyone other persons life, i believe the faster we can take the walk towards unity in Equality

Then we have people of social priviledge telling us that this is just a distraction because it doesn't affect them personally. That's the worst part. Marginalization of people that someone simply don't wish to relate to because, well.. it doesn't affect them. My friend has a saying that he probably stole, "Everyone is a gay grandson away from supporting homosexual equality." It's pretty much true, and I think we are seeing that begin to be reflected in our society on a grander scale.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

One of the parts of the human condition, I bet 22 million years ago our ancestors who were monkey type animals had a percentage of little gay monkeys.
I bet since we became homo sapiens we have always had some folk who are gay.
Just part of the great path of humanity.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV

I don't think a man giving a dog a name and training him to respond to it is natural.

Oh

edit on 29-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is some help for you to understand that post.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

What you probably mean is it doesn't fit your agenda so denial is to be expected......naturally.

If you would be able to supply me with your definition of natural, it would be a great jumping off point.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spawn2001

i wasn't offended, i fall into that 'effeminate category' that you mentioned,i am 'effeminate', i wasn't saying it to spark malice between us, i was saying i will clear any misconceptions you may have up,

this is a grand example though, of talking without attacking, we can debate, we can talk about our differences, in the end one of our minds may be enlightened to a new idea or thought, but we don't have to attack personally

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

i will agree with your quote, though, not every family is as accepting, i can vouch for that statement,

and i must concur with you, people dismiss this social conversation because either it doesn't concern them, or they refuse to accept the 'equality' not even the 'Homosexual' just the equality of Humans

it's easy to sit and say that issue is not important because of other world issues, but this is a huge issue to us who are dealing with it,

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I don't like to create my own definitions for meanings like this, that would be bending truth to suit a purpose, so here are THE definitions of "natural".

NATURAL nat·u·ral adjective
1. existing in or formed by nature (opposed to artificial ): a natural bridge.
2. based on the state of things in nature; constituted by nature: Growth is a natural process.
3. of or pertaining to nature or the universe: natural beauty.
4. of, pertaining to, or occupied with the study of natural science: conducting natural experiments.
5. in a state of nature; uncultivated, as land.

dictionary.reference.com...

In the scenario discussed here, I think number 2 mainly applies. Note the word "GROWTH". No reproduction = no growth. "Unnatural".

Now you can take that jump....
edit on 29/6/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

The gay community does not pose any threat to the survival of our species, in 112 years we have ballooned in numbers by 5 billion.
It doesn't matter If they can not have kids (they can though) so that arguement is invalid in todays world society.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Also people with green eyes are only around 2% of the people on earth...does that mean they are unnatural also?....

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You wanna be gay? Be gay. Fine with me. 

But I'm tired of being called a conservative bigot just because I'm not a liberal marching the streets with "PRO GAY" signs, fighting for their right to marriage when I'm concerned with more important things, like GMOs, gun control, depopulation, etc etc. 

What do you mean "if you want to be gay"? So, you believe
its a choice? If that is the case, how ignorant!

My brother and sister did not choose to be gay. In fact, at one
point, it almost drove my brother to suicide! He lost almost
everything.

And i would also like to add this. How dare people, ignorant people
say its a choice when in certain countries you are beaten, tortured,
killed for being gay. I guess they chose to be gay for the thrill of all
this torment!

Seriously, it never stops to amaze me how primitive we are still!

We have people out there that want to hurt you. Hurt your children, hurt
your partner, and people are focusing on this topic!!!!

Such a sad world we live in

edit on 29-6-2013 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2013 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I just read a few pages of this thread and realised we are doomed.

For so many reasons and dynamics that most won't understand for failing to see the bigger picture, we are, as a species, doomed to be divided for a long, long time.

Not me, I see hope.

Regardless of the opinions shared in this thread, no one has threatened anyone. This shows an underlying respect, either a respect for law, for humans in general, or a respect for the fear of being banned from the site. From this respect comes dialogue, and that dialogue is what will continue to push us past this moment in history when ignorance, on both sides, makes way for understanding.

We -will- understand the reason for sexual orientation one day just like we figured out the reason for different skin colors. When that happens, opinion behind such differences will vanish, though as we see with racism still, the differences may continue to cause friction for some time.

Be patient.

It's not the issue in question, it is the division. We have been divided on so many things it is almost unbelievable.

Whilst we invest our energy in things that don't actually matter TPTB continue their drive for total control.

Oh, yeah, for a moment I forgot that I was on a Conspiracy Site and everything is merely a tool for the NWO or the Illuminati or the Reptilians or the mysterious and all encompassing TPTB.

Forgive me for thinking that just once people were thinking about a social issue based purely on the rationale that the social issue needs attention.

Everything you need to know about the 'gay' subject-

- If someone wants to be gay, or indeed is 'born that way', that is their business. We should not judge them.

- At the same time, a church with its OWN beliefs should not be FORCED to acknowledge gay marriage. This is wrong, not because being gay is 'wrong', but because the church has its beliefs and should not be forced to change those beliefs to accomodate gay people.

- TPTB are shaping the collective mindset of the masses to accept 'gay', in fact they are working to encourage it as part of their population control (a small part but 'every little helps'). You may not believe this, but it is actually true because the number of adolescent men who experience bisexuality is a lot higher than the average person knows, once a decision is made, then that shapes a life. Most people once their adoloscent years pass realise they are not gay and are glad they never 'dabbled' but more and more are as it is 'cool' to do so as promoted by every single TV soap/sitcom/drama/musician out there. "I kissed a girl, and I liked it...", etc etc

edit on 29-6-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

I don't like to create my own definitions for meanings like this, that would be bending truth to suit a purpose, so here are THE definitions of "natural".

NATURAL nat·u·ral adjective
1. existing in or formed by nature (opposed to artificial ): a natural bridge.
2. based on the state of things in nature; constituted by nature: Growth is a natural process.
3. of or pertaining to nature or the universe: natural beauty.
4. of, pertaining to, or occupied with the study of natural science: conducting natural experiments.
5. in a state of nature; uncultivated, as land.

dictionary.reference.com...

In the scenario discussed here, I think number 2 mainly applies. Note the word "GROWTH". No reproduction = no growth. "Unnatural".

Now you can take that jump....
edit on 29/6/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

Yeah, the definition is lacking, wouldn't you say? The definition of "natural" in this context is simply "based on the state of things in nature." So, we are basing our understanding of what is natural on the state of things in nature, but the argument has arisen that using things in nature to base claims of human behavior as natural isn't appropriate.

Therefor, the way I see it, either one of two things is correct according to this definition.

1. Humans behavior isn't natural.
2. This definition of natural isn't appropriate.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As a gay man walking the middle path, I believe what I believe. As I'm sure you believe what you believe. I'm not going to claim one side of the argument is right or wrong. Both sides simply exist. That being said, here is a simple solution to this argument:

To the GLBT crowd, stop trying to push your beliefs on the religious/right wing/homophobic crowd. They're not going to hear it and it is essentially a waste of your time and energy.

To the religious/right wing/homophobic crowd, in turn, stop trying to push your beliefs on the GLBT crowd. They're also not going to hear it ... and it is still a waste of time and energy.

Why spend so much time debating what divides us, when we could be using all of that energy to focus on what unites us?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join