It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remake it already. Make it new.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I'd like to see a remake of "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" only with Sharks.

They would have to be Sand Sharks.

edit on 1-7-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Jaws has been and always will be my all-time favorite movie.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a remake, and I would watch it, however, it would have to be shot in a completely different style if it wanted an iota of a chance of being considered its own movie.

I also feel that no matter how it was shot, who was starring in it and who directed it, it would fall short of the original.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I vote remake The Running Man!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

That being said, I wouldn't mind a remake, and I would watch it, however, it would have to be shot in a completely different style if it wanted an iota of a chance of being considered its own movie.

If they wanted to give it an iota of a chance of being considered its own movie, they better not call it 'Jaws'.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

If they wanted to give it an iota of a chance of being considered its own movie, they better not call it 'Jaws'.

True enough, though I meant in the creative sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What about Little Shop of Horrórs?

I'd like to see Anton Yelchin as Seymour, and maybe have a darker slant like the original Roger Corman movie

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If they touch Goonies, Im going postal!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
How about Cruise Into Terror? That could be a cool new horror flick.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'd love to see remakes of "Logan's Run" and "Silent Running"

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I HATE remakes!!!
That being said, there are a few movies that DO need a make over, as they are extremely dated
1. The Dirty Dozen
2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Thats it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The problem is people always want to remake good movies instead of remaking bad ones. Also, remakes never have strong directors at the helm. Why was the new "True Grit" so good? Because the original was kind of bad. I know, I know, people love it, but there's a lot of flaws in it. First off, why in the world is Glen Campbell acting in a movie? Secondly, look at Jeff Bridges in True Grit, now look at John Wayne. The difference is character. John Wayne is playing John Wayne the way he does in almost all of his movies. Jeff Bridges is transforming himself. You've also got the Coen Brothers in the driver's seat. They have a nearly spotless track record.

The problem with a Jaws remake is is there really any way it could be better than the original? The original is an amazing movie. It's hard to find fault in it. Aside from novelty there's nothing to be gained from re-making it.

The real problem is of course money. Studios remake movies because they have built in audiences. If they remake a movie like...I don't know...just because I can't think of anything else I'm going to say "Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter." One of the most boring movies I've ever watched, but doesn't that premise sound awesome? But if they remade it's built in audience would be extremely small.

Or obscure, good movies. "Sullivan's Travels" could be re-made very well. It could easily be set in the present. But to counter-balance the obscurity they would have to anchor it with a big name hack.

The only remake for a movie that I absolutely love that I think could be done well is "The Man Who Would Be King." If you found two strong actors with great chemistry I think it could be done.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I agree with everything you said, except for Hooper. Hooper with Johnny Depp? Are we talking about the Burt Reynolds Movie? Because if so, Johnny Depp would be a terrible choice for that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join