It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remake it already. Make it new.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
There are movies from the past that are damn near sacrosanct. True Grit. The Duke's only Academy Award. I LOVED the new incarnation. Um, John's been dead since '77. Jeff did an excellent Rooster. OK, new incarnations of old movies. Here's mine............. JAWS. Damn good movie.

Director- too many to choose from. Man there's a lot of talent behind the scenes in Hollywood.

Quint? Gotta go with Jeff Bridges again. He plays crusty well.
Hooper? Johnny Depp. Nuff said.
Brody? I don't know why but I see Vince Vaughn in this roll.

And a little Hitchcock. See the shark, don't see it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Id watch it, Jaws scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Swore a shark would come at me through the drain in the tub

If they remade it, I hope they dont do what they did with Godzilla, the suspense made the movie.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I gotta say something here.

You can't remake Jaws. It's near perfect, imo. If Spielberg had his way the first time, the movie would have been crap and we wouldn't be having this conversation. The issues with Bruce, the mechanical shark, forced him to shoot the movie in a different way, which made it that much more terrifying. It was the first summer blockbuster and is a league of it's own. To remake it would be a poor decision, so I'm sure Hollywood, at some point, will do it.

Plus the clean up they did on the original negatives for the transfer to blu ray came out BEAUTIFULLY. It's gorgeous and it still holds up on it's own merits.

I'm all for an awesome new shark movie, just leave this one alone.

Respectfully

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Enough with the remakes already

It´s the same picture with added special effects of today's standards
What happened to creating new material, and doing all the hard work by hand ?
Sure the "special" effects are fanzy.. but the work that was put into sci fi back in the days was another world of difficulty and art form, handmade models still appears more physical and realistic to me then a 3dmax rendered object.

That said.......
they should remake space odyssey

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Sure...remake ANOTHER movie.

I have an idea, how about the people in Hollywood make something new that is as good as "classic" movies. Let the people earn their money rather than us just paying for crap movies or remakes.

Edit - Another thing is how about members not giving a moderator a flag just because he/she is a mod, you ass kissers!
edit on 29-6-2013 by ifeelsohigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Personally, I love the new Superman take, while it's getting bashed by many online... I appreciated the new eyes into the story and it was actually quite true to the roots (although many were confused on that) as Supes killed Zod in the comic***.

The scenes on Krypton were visually stunning and made the view of supes home world epic. The whole story seemed fresh and a little darker than we're used to, much better than Kevin Spacey running around spouting crap humour as Lex Luthor.

So....

Either you get that, or you get some crap-mashed out revise that is a weak attempt at rehashing a good story.

I'm looking forward to the Captain Planet live action. Although it will be hard to live up to the funnyordie sketches which have materialized as of late.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh

Sure...remake ANOTHER movie.

I have an idea, how about the people in Hollywood make something new that is as good as "classic" movies. Let the people earn their money rather than us just paying for crap movies or remakes.

Edit - Another thing is how about members not giving a moderator a flag just because he/she is a mod, you ass kissers!

Really? You're upset about a mod getting two flags? I just saw a thread about another "Jupiter sized object beside the sun" the other day, those ones are good for 40-50 flags.

If you don't like movie talk, go to the religion forum.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

Was nice knowing ya..

oh wait.

anyway..

I always feel remakes are never as good. They're apparently remaking mad max with Tom Hardy as max..

I'm scared

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I despise remakes or "reboots."

Hollywood is devoid of creativity. Pretty much all the films I've loved have had terrible sequels long after the original films were released or been remade.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

I'm all for an awesome new shark movie, just leave this one alone.

Respectfully

What he said! Jeez, are today's writers so brain dead that they can't come up with a new shark story? We've got zombies and vampire stories up the wazoo, but only a few shark stories. The story direction should be wide open.

This is also why it makes me sick that the show Fringe ended. The possible story lines were wide open on that one. It could've been our long running show like Doctor Who.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The problem with remakes is that they try to make them socially relevant. They import messages throughout the film, from the dangers of smoking to gay acceptance.

Mel Brooks once said that if he tried to make "Blazing Saddles" today, he wouldn't be allowed to.

But my nod to classic films has to go to "Harvey".

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The wild one

Lead role Me

My gang....................my friends list

New title Rebel without a clue

Cody

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Why no remake of one of the greatest movies of the 80s Flash Gordon. I frickin loved that film as a kid.

I'm not very good with movie stars but Brian Blessed is still in perfect shape to play prince Vultan. "Gordon's Alive".
edit on 29-6-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Remakes are rarely as good as the original. Originals are rarely as good as the book! They can't think of anything new so they do remakes. They cram in all the current special effects and cgi, then expect that to carry the film.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Neverending Story. Definitely needs a reboot.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would love to see a true remake of the original Jaws!

Would also love to see a remake of The Day After (Only updated to today's possibilities on how a nuclear war starts and radiation effects)

And I had a bunch more ideas, but forgot them...

I loved the remake of Friday the 13th, but wish they would of stuck to the original movie and not changed things around as much as they did.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

You know, if they could remake Cujo and stick with the book, so you got the dogs thoughts, it would be an excellent movie.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
remakes? have you guys gone insane?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'd like an updated Legend, I love fantasy movies.

Willow would be great to.

<<   2  3 >>

join