It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High River residents furious after RCMP seize ‘substantial’ number of firearms from evacuated ho

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article that shows that there is a global effort by those in power to use any, and every excuse they can to disarm citizens.

The following event happened after the Highwood River flooded in Calgary.

HIGH RIVER, Alta. — The RCMP revealed Thursday that officers had seized asubstantial number of firearms from homes in the evacuated town of High River, about 37 kilometres south Calgary.

We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” said Sgt. Brian Topham. People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms … so we put them in a place that we control and that theyre safe.

That news didn’t sit well with a frustrated crowd who had planned to breach a police checkpoint as the evacuation order from the town of about 13,000, residents stretched into its eighth day.

I find that absolutely incredible that they have the right to go into a persons home and take their belongings, said resident Brenda Lackey, after learning Mounties have been securing residents guns.When people find out about this theres going to be untold hell to pay.

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Well, here in the States, this may have sparked a war and I believe local LEO's know this:

“I find that absolutely incredible” that they have the right to go into a person’s home and take their “belongings,”

OP Source

Well, if your country has no protection against unlawful entrance and seizure then there's the problem. So many people seem to think that their government is looking out for their best interests.

I don't think so.
They only want control and they dilute their power by handing out orders to the smallest members.
In this case, it's the RCMP and they are "following orders".

I guess if you don't stand up and fight, you might as well sit down and take it.

edit on 28-6-2013 by havok because: clarity

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The guns will be returned to owners after residents are allowed back in town and they provide proof of ownership, Topham added.

Proving ownership could be hard for rifles, as they aren't registered.
I wonder how many people had written down the serial numbers?

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
After reading the attached article a few things struck out to me as very odd.

1. They took the guns to protect the gun owners investment? How about anything else of value that may have been left, why only guns?

2. In order to get the guns back they need to show proper paperwork. Somehow I suspect it won't be that simple.

3. What right did they have to enter the homes and search them to begin with?

4. Why not just patrol and protect the homes? If they had the ability to search them and to now keep the home owners out, why couldn't they keep out looters?

The whole thing stinks....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So the gun registry actually had a purpose

It's almost time for Canada to do what Brazil and Egypt are doing, this place is falling apart.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

A significant investment...just making sure they are safe...all in one location...

That's the best line of BS they could come up with? Who believes that?

The guns were a danger? I thought there was a flood going on? Natural disaster...and they are worried about guns?

Amazing.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i heard today on the radio that the prime ministers office was a bit pissed and ordered the rcmp to return them, they were not seized by any order of the fed govt..it appears the provincial govt or rcmp are responcible
one thing the harper cons have done is do away with the long gun registy so long guns do not have to be registered..i wonder though how they knew where to go, i was thinking the database was not to be used after the registry scrapped..its bull#

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
They did the same crap after Katrina.
"Never let a crisis go to waste."
Scumbags.

I was gonna flag this just for the title, btw.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If you dont understand that its a lying agenda they are playing at....you dont get it......
They lie and they lie.....then they do what they intended to do all along.....
Enough with the federal RCMP army running the policing in Canada!
They do the Federal goverments dirty work...intimidating the populace every chance they get......
There will be a lot of gun owners who will not get their guns back....guaranteed.
They are making tempting targets out of themselves with these tactics.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Even though this is in another country it makes me furious because I know this is exactly the type of thing that some people in this country would love to try to pull. if there was a registry and that is how the RCMP found their homes and that they owned rifles, then this would make me go underground immediately. No following laws because you cant trust the law enforcers to not break into your homes when they've forced you to evacuate. Straw deals only boys. This should be a lesson to you if you live in the states. No paper work ever!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Want to know the really scary part, it's law in Canada to have every fire arm in a safe, bolts and magazines stored separately, ammunition stored separately, both being locked up.

Soooo.... My question being, this likely wasn't a matter of walk in and walk out with a several hundred pound gun safe still locked. The RCMP probably went through the effort to open those safes, likely destroying them in the process. Not only did the illegally seize fire arms from law abiding citizens they likely destroyed their property in the process. Both safes, lock boxes, ammunition cans, and a door or window or two to get into the homes....

My head is spinning. Now I'm sure not everyone "follows the rules," but Canadian gun owners are pretty damn responsible in most cases. I'm just trying to imagine the man power and logistics necessary to have gone door to door through the flooded areas and remove the fire arms.... It makes my head hurt.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ya im very curious as to how they went about doing this..did they only search homes that were on the old registry? restricted weapons such as handguns and center fire semi auto rifles are still registered. did they break and enter?, what else might they have dug/snooped through?..very troubling, the rcmp are a goon sqaud unto themselves never mind the govt

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thread already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com
edit on 29-6-2013 by Dominar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

I wasn't aware of that thread, before posting I used the ATS search engine and nothing came back.

Anyway, I also posted another thread the day before yesterday about President Obama ordering the CDC and "other relevant federal agencies" (I am not sure what the CDC or the Institute of Medicine have anything to do with firearms since they deal with diseases, and firearms are certainly not a disease) to do a research on gun/firearm violence and how to mitigate or stop gun violence altogether.

Anyway, the findings of the research apparently was not what tptb thought they would find, and instead what was found is that there are at least as many victims who save themselves or loved ones with legal firearms as there are criminals using firearms to commit crimes. The figures included possibly up to over 3 million Americans saving their lives every year with firearms. The numbers were put in question but that is not important.

The research also found that victims who owned and used firearms against their attackers were more likely to not get injured compared to other victims using other tactics to try to survive their attackers.

There were other findings in favor for the people owning and bearing firearms, but in the end the researchers claim that they need firearm registration, that they need to know how much ammunition, firearms and what type of firearms and ammo each person has, and in general other gun control measures are needed, according to the researchers, in order to understand "gun violence"...

Here is a link to that other thread I made.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That research, alongside the actions of governments like that of Calgary show that tptb will use any, and every excuse not only to registrate all firearms, but to control and take way every firearm people have.

edit on 29-6-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I wasn't aware of that thread, before posting I used the ATS search engine and nothing came back.

I know, the search is not always helpful unfortunately hehe...

Thanks for the info, going to read your thread! I heard of this study briefly this morning on Infowars I think, definitely not what the anti 2nd crowd wants to hear.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This truly infuriated me when I saw this on the news no less than 3 hours ago. The RCMP were only supposed to be searching through evacuated homes for survivors or the bodies of people that perished during the flood when they ignored evacuation warnings. Instead we find out they were actively searching through peoples personal belongings, no different than a looter would, and taking peoples firearms. Knowing how scummy people can be who knows what else they took, they're guaranteed to get away with it regardless.

Pretty disgusting.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
They were in there to search for possible people but found rifles hidden "high on cupboards"? What person would be up there?
Here

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Where are all these "Oath Keepers" ( or Canada's equivalent) or militia type people? Shouldnt they be pissed off enough to want to do something yet? I'm raging over this!!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

edit on 29-6-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join