It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hastings drove like a Grandma" (Says friends and relatives)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It appears that those closest to Michael Hastings aren't buying the 100 mph speeding like a bat out of heck story. So what happened that night??

Friend: Michael Hastings Was Working on “Biggest Story Yet” About CIA

A friend of Michael Hastings told Fox News today that the Rolling Stone journalist was working on the “the biggest story yet” about the CIA before his suspicious death and that Hastings drove “like a grandma,” making it extremely out of character for him to be speeding in the early hours of the morning.

Sgt. Joe Biggs told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly that “something didn’t feel right” after Hastings sent a panicked email saying the authorities were on his tail, adding that the story of him driving at high speed in the early hours of the morning was completely out of character.

“His friends and family that know him, everyone says he drives like a grandma, so that right there doesn’t seem like something he’d be doing, there’s no way that he’d be acting erratic like that and driving out of control,” said Biggs, adding that “things don’t add up, there’s a lot of questions that need to be answered.”

Biggs said he had contacted Mercedes asking them if it was normal for their cars to “blow up to that extent” and for the engine to fly out 100 feet from the site of the crash.

Story

edit on Tue Jun 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

So what happened that night??

He had dirt on the CIA.

Murder happened that night.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Does it matter? Would one more scandal involving any of the letter agencies make a difference? Is it still worth murdering over it?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It appears that those closest to Michael Hastings aren't buying the 100 mph speeding like a bat out of heck story. So what happened that night??

Couple of things?

One is this video...

For that car to explode and burn like that it would have to be moving "like a bat out of hell". That is what the video shows in the beginning?

Also, that Mercedes is not for people who drive like grandmas...

Just my two cents, I wasn't there either.
edit on 25-6-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
Does it matter? Would one more scandal involving any of the letter agencies make a difference? Is it still worth murdering over it?

It matters to individuals. Hell, it seems like today you as an official you can get away with almost anything with some simple deflection in the media. It doesn't change that someone has to be held accountable though.

In the Bush administration, Libby was held accountable (before being pardoned.)...

Is there something which could "bring it all down"? so-to-speak. I question that, as it's been said so many times in the past but nothing culminated.

Here's hoping whatever Hastings had he passed on to someone else. If not for anything, at least for entertainment value.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Libby was made out to be the fall guy, the scapegoat. There were plenty of other "actors". It was well known back in the day that Grossman and Armitage as well as Bolton were neck-deep.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Also, that Mercedes is not for people who drive like grandmas...

A C250 might be a Benz but it isn't a bloody sports car. My SUV is faster than it. My previous SUV was a lot faster and double the horsepower.

C250 Specs

HORSEPOWER 201 hp @ 5500 rpm
1.8L Inline 4 CYL

Specs

Acceleration, 0-60 mph 7.1 sec

Specs with speed

Top Speed 130 MPH.

It's not as if it's a sports car simply cause it has a peace sign benz decal on the front people...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Libby was made out to be the fall guy, the scapegoat. There were plenty of other "actors". It was well known back in the day that Grossman and Armitage as well as Bolton were neck-deep.

Kind of my point though, perhaps whatever is behind this.... Perhaps there wasn't a scape goat. Or the possibility of an easy clean up.

That'd be a conspiracy though.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Do we know how he actually crashed? I don't see any video of that. Looking at the video again I do see he capped the top of a fire hydrant. That could rip a hole ion a gas tank and start a fire, you think? So speed maybe wouldn't matter as much.

You did show the top speed of that Mercedes model at 130 Mph? How fast was he going by in the beginning of that video I put up?

ETA: What does your SUV have to do with anything?
edit on 25-6-2013 by intrptr because: additionaL...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

ETA: What does your SUV have to do with anything?

In response to people saying "He was in a sports car!" like it's supposed to mean something.

Judging by the dash cam footage of where he came from, and where he went. I can totally see a stuck throttle or non-working breaks as a cause of this accident. Him crashing where he did could have been an attempt to put the car into a sideways slide or bring it around 180 to cancel his speed.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am still wondering are these bullet holes? They don't seem to be for trim or any thing? They don't seem to be dented from hitting something?

And he was only 2 miles from the police station where the detectives got shot at today? Could that be a don't investigate or else threat?

www.nbclosangeles.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

There is No foul play.

What we have here is an idiot that didn't know how to handle his car let alone have any common sense to Not drive like a dumb@$$ in any town/city.

Maybe check his toxicology reports to see if he was drinking maybe or even doing drugs.

From watching that video I can clearly see that he wasn't driving like a grandma.

As for the engine coming out of the car. That can easily be explained with some basic math. If there was an impact enough to cause an explosion there was more than enough energy to break grade 2 steel bolts that might have been holding the engine in.

By the way, just because his Family and Friends know him does Not by any stretch mean that they know what he was thinking.

After all, maybe he was in such a damn hurry because he had to use the bathroom and didn't like to use public facilities. AND he really had to go.

Unfortunately, I would say that he certainly is the victim of his own hand.

edit on 25-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Hey JBA, I have read everything you have posted on this event. I just haven't replied to you directly...I don't think. They could be bullet holes. I don't know what other explanation that it could be seeing as how they are identical in size and shape.

Appreciate all the investigation you have done.

GrantedBail

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda

If the US government murdered a citizen on US soil, it is most certainly a major event. The fact that they possibly murdered a journalist to silence him, should have Americans both terrified and enraged.

If it is ever proven that the CIA did this, your country is over. No joke, no exaggeration, if your government assassinated a journalist your country might as well be in a state of civil war already, and you're already losing.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

No one brought up the engine, so I don't know what you are trippin on. We are discussing driving habits. Don't really care about your analysis.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Do we know how he actually crashed? I don't see any video of that. Looking at the video again I do see he capped the top of a fire hydrant. That could rip a hole ion a gas tank and start a fire, you think? So speed maybe wouldn't matter as much.

If there is no foul play here, Mercedes should be recalling all their C250s.. because cars are not supposed to look like that even in top speed crashes.

The pictures and video we've seen of this crash is reminiscent of the Pinto from the 70s:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The police station kind of threw me off today. Two miles down the road and he was traveling at a hundred miles an hour. He would of been at a police station in around a minute twenty seconds? Seems strange to be driving that fast so close to where you know the police are unless that is who you were looking for?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I bought a mini turbo when they first came out. That thing was quick. It hauled butt. I could get to 90 in freakin third gear without even knowing it [accelerating and getting on the freeway). That little thing would chirp. My kid and husband drove it and couldn't believe how fast it was. However, I also drive like a grandma, just ask my kids. So just cuz a car can get it doesn't mean you get on it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Couple of things..
Ran a red light. Way over the speed limit. Cop didn't move till 2 minutes after he ran the red light and wasn't on scene till 4 minutes later. Wasn't in much of a hurry either. Why is that?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

There is No foul play.

Unless you have access to coroner's reports, engineering reports and what comes from a forensic investigation there is no way for you to assert that.

From watching that video I can clearly see that he wasn't driving like a grandma.

So if a throttle is stuck it is automatically pilot error. Check.

As for the engine coming out of the car. That can easily be explained with some basic math. If there was an impact enough to cause an explosion there was more than enough energy to break grade 2 steel bolts that might have been holding the engine in.

Engines are easily moveable. Check. I will tell my mechanic next time he does an engine swap, simply run it into a tree and pick it up a hundred yards down the line.

I realize I'm being a bit absurd here but your dismissal of a clearly obvious example of "suspicious circumstances" is equally absurd.

By the way, just because his Family and Friends know him does Not by any stretch mean that they know what he was thinking.

They are establishing character traits. I too, drive like a grandma. It would be entirely normal for this kind of thing to happen to me 5+ years ago. But since I nearly lost my license and was rightfully ticketed by police and fined, I drastically changed my driving habits. If this happened to me, people who know me would automatically go, "Huh?! Boncho drives like a grandma! Lucky if he even goes the limit, mostly 5-10 under??"

I don't see how you can be so dismissive without all the information out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join