It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hastings drove like a Grandma" (Says friends and relatives)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Yeah, I don't think that data was out there with respect to his driving habits. I just found this story this evening.

I don't care what anyone says here, this whole event is shrouded in suspicion. All of your questions are relevant.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The cruiser cam video in this post.

AND,. . . if he crashed on the same street as someone here indicated then way was the cop driving all over hells creation.

So really it is not a theory. It is fact.

He was operating his vehicle outside of acceptable parameters and when you do that, sometimes you get burned.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I have seen the video ad infinitum. Lay a link down that shows a turn made that you said could not have been negotiated without using his brakes. Redeem yourself.

Otherwise your rep is gonna be tarnished.
edit on 25-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Couple of things..
Ran a red light. Way over the speed limit. Cop didn't move till 2 minutes after he ran the red light and wasn't on scene till 4 minutes later. Wasn't in much of a hurry either. Why is that?

The dash cam recorded the event. I don't know where the cops were (at the time). They were off the street in a parking lot, maybe they were buying donuts? Or Snoozing? It was middle of the night. What should they be doing?

Can only surmise they didn't see the car go by... don't know about timeline either, theres no time stamp. But if call comes in and then they respond, whats suspicious about that?

Wasn't in much of a hurry either. Why is that?

They sure were last two turns. You can hear the patrol cars engine?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

From now on Boncho, I will only reply to your posts if you link to them in my message box. Sorry, I don't feel like searching all of a thread for your reply.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

So are you under the impression that he regularly speeds at or over 100MPH, and does he normally go through red lights. (When he is not with his family of course).

Because that is what you are suggesting.

Not at all. Go back and read where I said "Maybe he had to go to the bathroom", OR, "Maybe he had just received a Dear John Letter".

I am asserting that he was not acting rationally and just because they think they know him doesn’t mean that they KNEW he had to go to the bathroom OR received a Dear John Letter.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

No but you are avoiding my question of the turn he "negotiated". I am not going to stop so you will have to answer or fade away.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
...The cruiser cam video in this post.

AND,. . . if he crashed on the same street as someone here indicated then way was the cop driving all over hells creation.

So really it is not a theory. It is fact.

He was operating his vehicle outside of acceptable parameters and when you do that, sometimes you get burned.

That is not a "cop"... It is a team of paparrazi waiting to get a scoop on Justin Beiber (or - so they said).
Two minutes after the Mercedes is caught on their video (or - so their videos states), they pull out of the gas station parking area...and do not turn on the same street the Mercedes was travelling on (which is/was North Highland Avenue -- southbound).
They probably simply heard something over the scanner that sent them looking in the vicinity...and as they were driving, it became more apparent that they would already "be there" if they'd turned on North Highland' in the first place.
Can you say with absolute certainty that he (Michael Hastings) was in control of his car in the brief snip of video you saw?
If you can -- would you mind accompanying me to the corner store...and tell me which Lotto tickets to purchase...?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The Video Just below your OP.

And my point was that he had to use his brakes to make that turn. It is the last left turn that the cop made, There is NO right turn option at that intersection. So if his brakes were not working he would have Not been able to make that turn without driving into the building on the corner.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Have no idea what you are talking about. Post up the link. Please, if it is not too much trouble.

Dude, the only video of Hastings car flying down the road is the one that belongs to Loud Labs. Are you talking about some dashcam on a cop car?? If you are you are seriously mistaken
edit on 25-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Look at the video.
The last turn that was made is a LEFT ONLY intersection. He had to make that LEFT TURN which means that he was in control at least to that point.

It doesn’t take clairvoyance. Just a few brain cells to pay attention to detail.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by sepium

I suspect you lack the capacity as well, however, here is the formula to determine the shear point for a grade 2 steel bolt.

P = St x As
Where :
P = tensile load
St = tensile strength
As = tensile stress area

By the way, I did not say that the explosion had enough power to do it. the impact that created the explosion was.

There is no assumption. Those are the facts. His family may think they know him but that doesn't mean they know what he is thinking.

Do you thinking his family was surprised to see that video of him driving like an @$$?

Because that video makes liars out of the lot.

As far as Unsubstantiated Assumptions go, insinuating that there was foul play in his death is an act of retardation.

edit on 25-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

I'll be honest, I can't tell if you're trying to insult my intelligence by saying I lack the capacity, or if you're just incredibly direct with your words. However, I didn't say you lack the capacity, more or less that you didn't really defend your point or use anything that could be considered factual. I don't doubt that you're quite correct about the impact, it's just common practice for people to say things like that when they're not true, and try to pass the information as accurate in the same manner you did.

There is an assumption, whether you like to admit it or not. Claiming that he didn't know how to handle his car and claiming that the uncharacteristic behaviour wasn't uncharacteristic is making an assumption. Who are you to claim that he couldn't handle his vehicle? And what gives you the right to claim that his behaviour wasn't out of character?

You're right, the family doesn't know what he's thinking, but they have more than enough knowledge about Hastings to make a judgement regarding his behaviour. That is their right, they are his family and his friends and know him very well, and although they don't know what he was thinking, they are entitled to an opinion about the behaviour reported that night, especially when his actions are not at all in harmony with the day to day behaviour they would be familiar with.

And I'm not insinuating that there was foul play in any way, I'm simply NOT jumping to a conclusion. There's nothing wrong with examining all the evidence, not just the facts. To dismiss this as an accident, considering the circumstances, would be an act of complete retardation and would be quite ignorant.

And could you PLEASE stop capitalising words in the middle of your sentences.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

O.K. it is the one that says Loud Labs.

Follow it to the last left turn they make just before approaching the scene.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Guadeloupe

I looked at the video again. Did you see the water shooting up out of the ground? He ran over a fire hydrant. That "probably" contributed to extensive damage to the undercarriage of his car, including but not limited to dislodging of parts and or ripping open the gas tank.

If I was to guess by looking at the sequence, the car ran off the road, hit the fire plug, burst into flames and slammed into that tree. If he was knocked unconscious by the impact with the tree, then that is why he burned in the wreckage.

Lot of "ifs". Why he went out of control and if that had anything to do with his standup bravery to the American Military Industrial Complex, I don't know. All I got is that dash cam video.

And the legacy of a guy who will go down in history as one who spoke up.

Regardless of how he died.

link   

there is no link to that video in this thread. It has been gone over exhaustively in others. Please post a link to the video.

link   

reply to post by WanDash

Look at the video.
The last turn that was made is a LEFT ONLY intersection. He had to make that LEFT TURN which means that he was in control at least to that point.

It doesn’t take clairvoyance. Just a few brain cells to pay attention to detail.

So - what is your point? You've assumed that the Loud Labs vehicle followed the same path as the Mercedes?
The Loud Labs vehicle did not follow the same path. The Mercedes continued directly south on North Highland'.
The Loud Labs vehicle passed North Highland, went at least one more block before turning...then, took numerous turns.
I really don't know what you're talking about.

Guess I need a few more brain cells.
edit on 6/25/2013 by WanDash because: humus

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
...there is no link to that video in this thread. It has been gone over exhaustively in others. Please post a link to the video.

Here's a link...
Sorry, I'm not up on "embedding"...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

The Very Last Turn.

It is a left only turn. He made that very same left only turn just before he crashed.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

This is the route Hastings made.
Point A he passed the store.
Point B the accident site.
goo.gl...
edit on 25-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

...The Very Last Turn.

It is a left only turn. He made that very same left only turn just before he crashed.

Don't know if this is your job...or...what (?!)... From the time the Mercedes passed the videographer...until it was burning at the palm tree - it did not make a turn (unless, of course, it went out of control prior to lodging against the tree).
Thanks for showing your colors!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join