It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hastings drove like a Grandma" (Says friends and relatives)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
We have people leaking stuff from all through out the Government pretty much all the time and nothing seems to happen to them. The only thing the US seems to do worse than keeping secrets is doing something about the people leaking all of them.

link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

and for the engine to fly out 100 feet from the site of the crash.

No one brought up the engine, so I don't know what you are trippin on. We are discussing driving habits. Don't really care about your analysis.

Apparently you lack the capacity to read through your quoted text. Don't worry I chalked it up as selective perception. You are more interested in making something out of nothing so maybe that is why you missed it.

link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

If he doesn't normally drive this fast, and he did this night, could it be because someone was chasing him? You know, the fight or flight instinct. This would be the perfect murder, because even though these people were the cause of the accident (if there was no witnesses, wait was there witnesses? I can't remember) anyway, if not, these guys could slip silently into the night, with no one the wiser. Besides, if he was not accustom to going these speeds, then no wonder he wiped out.

link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
reply to post by intrptr

Couple of things..
Ran a red light. Way over the speed limit. Cop didn't move till 2 minutes after he ran the red light and wasn't on scene till 4 minutes later. Wasn't in much of a hurry either. Why is that?

I don't think it was a cop. It was mentioned before it was a quasi reporter or paparazzi type person.

reply to post by boncho

I bought a mini turbo when they first came out. That thing was quick. It hauled butt. I could get to 90 in freakin third gear without even knowing it [accelerating and getting on the freeway). That little thing would chirp. My kid and husband drove it and couldn't believe how fast it was. However, I also drive like a grandma, just ask my kids. So just cuz a car can get it doesn't mean you get on it.

Yeah, my point was similar. I was saying that a C250 isn't much of a sports car. And even if people view it as a sports car, it doesn't mean the driver is going fast every time they pilot the car.

I agree with your position.

(Except that Mini's are fast.
I disagree with you there.
Unless we are talking the JCW versions. But even then...)

Light cars though... fun to drive. Like a go-kart.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ha ha Boncho. It was fast to me. The grandma that I am

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Kind of curious he was in the right spot to see him run a red light and speeding while claiming he was being chased. I mean that's just a bit to much coincidence for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

There is No foul play.

What we have here is an idiot that didn't know how to handle his car let alone have any common sense to Not drive like a dumb@$$ in any town/city.

Maybe check his toxicology reports to see if he was drinking maybe or even doing drugs.

From watching that video I can clearly see that he wasn't driving like a grandma.

As for the engine coming out of the car. That can easily be explained with some basic math. If there was an impact enough to cause an explosion there was more than enough energy to break grade 2 steel bolts that might have been holding the engine in.

By the way, just because his Family and Friends know him does Not by any stretch mean that they know what he was thinking.

After all, maybe he was in such a damn hurry because he had to use the bathroom and didn't like to use public facilities. AND he really had to go.

Unfortunately, I would say that he certainly is the victim of his own hand.

edit on 25-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

Love how you say it can be explained by basic math then fail to actually state facts or relevant information. Just because the explosion COULD have been strong enough to do that, doesn't mean it did. There's nothing mathematical about that, it's a subjective personal hypothesis which could be right or wrong. Definitely not math, it's a vague understanding of physics at best. I understand your point but when you say things like that with such a convinced tone you need to have some sort of evidence.

Pretty much your entire point is an assumption. His family and friends can say the things they've said because they know him, pretty sure if it was you in their place you'd be shocked to find out that someones habits had changed suddenly one night, and you too would expect some kind of foul play considering the circumstances. Don't post your opinion and try to sell it to everyone as the truth without any facts.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There was nothing going on. His accelerator wasn’t stuck. He was just driving like an idiot.

For those who didn’t pay attention to the video. Go back and look at where the cop made his turn. There is No Way in hell that turn could have been negotiated at the high rate of speed shown in the video.

Which means he had to slow down. THE ACCELRATOR WAS NOT STUCK. That is a Fact. So IN Fact it was Pilot Error.

AND,

You apparently missed the other point. Like I said. . Just because they think they know him does Not mean that they know what he was thinking.

Did you ever consider that he might have just received a Dear John Letter Minutes before he decided to end it.

There are too many variables and no reports are going to be able to answer all of the questions.

I do however maintain that he is a victim of his own hand.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And the engine never went flying.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

What turn are you talking about. The only video that I have seen was him blazing by the gas station and the paparazzii webcam caught him running a red and speeding. Please expound on your theory.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I saw a crash test for the 2011 model a couple of days ago. I didn't want to post it because of the fact it wasn't the same car. How fast was that car going? It couldn't have been more than 50 miles an hour. I am not trying to debunk, just trying to keep it all real.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The loudlabs car who filmed he driving past the intersection drove around four four or five minutes before returning where the accident was. Th e car that they filmed never turned it actually crashed around 3000 feet past the point where it was filmed going through the intersection.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

But look at the damage to the car. It almost matches with the exception of the engine flying off. Same crushed driver side front tire. Same damage to the front end. Except his the engine and transmission flew off and a fire burned the car.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

K, I totally saw that. Just no explosion (
). I am with you all of the way.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sepium

I suspect you lack the capacity as well, however, here is the formula to determine the shear point for a grade 2 steel bolt.

P = St x As
Where :
P = tensile load
St = tensile strength
As = tensile stress area

By the way, I did not say that the explosion had enough power to do it. the impact that created the explosion was.

There is no assumption. Those are the facts. His family may think they know him but that doesn't mean they know what he is thinking.

Do you thinking his family was surprised to see that video of him driving like an @$$?

Because that video makes liars out of the lot.

As far as Unsubstantiated Assumptions go, insinuating that there was foul play in his death is an act of retardation.

edit on 25-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
We have people leaking stuff from all through out the Government pretty much all the time and nothing seems to happen to them. The only thing the US seems to do worse than keeping secrets is doing something about the people leaking all of them.

There was an article the other day suggesting the Snowden leak was fabricated. Not that Snowden doesn't exist in reality, or that he didn't actually leak anything. It was more suggesting the "what if" scenario.

What if it was a "matter of time" before NSA was going to get leaked. Heck, they were pretty open about the Utah data center, we got articles on it before it was constructed!

So the what if goes like this:

What if NSA knew it was bound to get leaked. What if they took someone like Snowden, the perfect misfit story, high school drop out, sexy girlfriend living in Hawaii with a 6 figure salary, who, releases their version of "NSA Wiretapping".

What is "their version" people wonder. 'The cats out of the bag, how could they want that!'.

We'd have to speculate because Five Eyes got nailed by a Russian Agent a few months ago they wanted to clean up the information already held by foreign governments and the public in general.

So they create a Snowden fiction, toss him around the world in a cat & mouse game, and while people should care about what the government is doing to them behind closed doors, instead, they care more about whether or not Snowden is going to make it to Iceland, and is his stripper-poled girlfriend going to join him? Oh the suspense!

Enter: Reality TV 2.0

No one cares about the spying, they wanna know about Snow! Jon Snow? No!

What, did someone mention the Red Wedding?

I admit, this one .the above. is a little out there.

And I agree with you that it's hard to keep a secret, sometimes even harder to keep it under wraps. But... the reality is, is that it's done everyday. By certain people.

Mass conspiracies are usually so far off base they border on absurd. But, it does not discredit all and every one that comes up. It is not impossible for certain things to be more important than others. For small personal secrets to be more important than larger public opinion forming revelations.

It all depends on the actors involved.

Many accuse me of being in line with "the official story" far too often on ATS. I will say, that in this case, I find the circumstances far too profound to write it off. Take that as you may.
edit on 25-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by intrptr

It appears that those closest to Michael Hastings aren't buying the 100 mph speeding like a bat out of heck story. So what happened that night??

Couple of things?

One is this video...

For that car to explode and burn like that it would have to be moving "like a bat out of hell". That is what the video shows in the beginning?

Also, that Mercedes is not for people who drive like grandmas...

Just my two cents, I wasn't there either.
edit on 25-6-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

I see nothing relative to the alleged "speeding" car that proves that it is going 100 + mph. For all we know its just a speeded up video. Besides that the video is edited - dash am vids are not usually edited! The entire drive through scene looks set-up to me.....as in faked......just my common sense opinion.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Guadeloupe because: (no reason given)

link   

Wait wait wait a minute. Let's go back to the turn he couldn't have negotiated. I want to finish our discussion about that first.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Do you thinking his family was surprised to see that video of him driving like an @$$?

So are you under the impression that he regularly speeds at or over 100MPH, and does he normally go through red lights. (When he is not with his family of course).

Because that is what you are suggesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It appears that those closest to Michael Hastings aren't buying the 100 mph speeding like a bat out of heck story. So what happened that night??

Friend: Michael Hastings Was Working on “Biggest Story Yet” About CIA
... "...Hastings drove “like a grandma,” making it extremely out of character for him to be speeding in the early hours of the morning.
...Sgt. Joe Biggs told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly that “something didn’t feel right” after Hastings sent a panicked email saying the authorities were on his tail, adding that the story of him driving at high speed in the early hours of the morning was completely out of character.

I don't understand why every person who makes a comment on this "accident" doesn't take the email into consideration.
By the way - THANKS for finding this information and bringing it to our eyes.
I had asked in another thread, yesterday, if anyone knew if he had a habit of driving recklessly (speeding) through the streets of Los Angeles. It would be entirely relevant for all those considering "he was a speed-freak-idiot who go what he deserved".
If this was his habit (or periodic tendency), it is very likely there would be a paper trail with the various local law enforcement agencies (citations).
If it was not his habit...the activity so close to informing compadres that he was going on the "down low"...IS EXTREMELY suspicious.
As stated elsewhere - if his concern about being investigated, &/or interfered with in his own investigation was sincere...and he was intent on slipping under the radar - how much more conspicuous could he be...than driving 100 mph (or so) through a fairly well trafficked section of Los Angeles (according to witnesses - there were at least two vehicles sitting at Santa Monica Blvd. and North Highland Ave., when he buzzed through the stop light on the Loud Labs video -- 2 minutes later, when the videographer pulled out of the gas station where they'd been sitting, there was an 18-wheeler sitting there, as well - This is not what one would consider an appropriate or even "potential" stretch of road to "see how it feels to go fast").

On the other hand - I've heard that his residence was a short distance from the crash site. That is odd, to me.
Was he going in the/a direction that would have taken him to said residence...or...away from?

Again - thanks for the info!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join