It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have ascended

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yesmaybe

Originally posted by filledcup

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by TheomExperience

One important question....

If you ascended.... How are you still posting on ATS?

Second....

this was explained in his last post in which he answered all previous questions directly without avoidance. i hope you can see it.

when one ascends in the spirit the body lives. this is what it means to be born again.. to die but not be dead and to come back to the body in full awareness of the spirit. it is like.. on average we all look thru our 2 eyes and that is how we see the world thru our two eyes. but to ascend(as the op has used it) or become spiritually awake is to see your 2 eyes looking. basically.. u see your eyes in the act of seeing from behind them and from above your own self. a 3rd person view of self if you may. this 3rd person view is not constant as the op has told you.. to interact with the average human society out there.. we have to dumb ourselves down and stifle our light so that it will not blind them. they are afraid to look into our eyes because when they do they feel the pull of the spirit tugging on something inside them but do not know it is their own spirit reacting with joy and trying to use the presence of the awake one to elevate their own spiritual awareness.

however.. since most ppl would not have a clue what is going on they can interpret the feeling they get around the spiritually awake in a number of ways. some feel the presence of God and know, sometimes not having to speak it, but speaking in code to let you know that they know and see that you are an awakened child of God. referring to you as a 'virgin' etc they detect your innocence.

others will feel threatened and afraid. but as all the angels and benevolent of God would say "Do not fear", because such are awakened you must know that their intelligence does not allow them to be wicked to you as other humans do you wickedness unknowingly, and blind to the things they do that offend you and your spirit.

the awakened have brought the spirit directly into your presence, and they will do u no wickedness, intentionally or unintentionally since they can continually perceive their own actions as someone looking on from above, they are not blind and will hurt not physically nor psychologically. instead they will aim to teach you how to defend as well as build your self in both!

Your first paragraph could be describing depersonalisation/derealisation

Correct!

it is the same.. think about it.. of course.. to detect the spirit you have to detach from reality, from physical reality, this allows the shift in perception to perceive the unseen

edit on 27-6-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

if a seesaw that is weighted to the right is to come to balance.. you must do one of two things..

add weight to the other side.. or take away weight from the heavy side. balance is key! meditation is key!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
If i balance the use of the two tools i can do a lot more than someone who only uses one or the other.

What good could possibly come out of the ego? It only exists as a figment of your imagination, nothing else.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I go back and forth between duality and non-duality and haven't landed anywhere permanently yet.

On one hand we have detachment. Here you have a wonderful way of dealing with emotions and experiences by detaching yourself from the part of you that is involved. This is truly ingenious and works in many cases for me. However it is in a sense a form of escapism, and sometimes feels like denial of true self instead of realization of true self. I use non-dualistic strategies in my daily life and it is very helpful. But I cannot, or am unable to, find true peace from this philosophy after years of studying and practicing it. However I am a huge proponent of this way of thinking, it will only make things better. Tantric and other yogic teachings, Buddhist philosophy, books like A Course in Miracles, Seicho-No-Ie, Taoism, Osho, Tolle, etc, all awesome stuff.

On the other hand we have duality. Fear and love, good and evil, right and wrong etc. We have always been drawn to this. This could be an intrinsically human characteristic, or it could be a result of society. But it seems to be more the former, because seeking detachment is quite a battle with the body, mind, and heart we were bestowed. There is virtue in wanting good, in sacrificing for others, in longing for world peace and an end to suffering. In my frank opinion anyone who tells you that those things don't matter is not wise. Christ's teachings(the core of them) are fascinating, mind-blowing, and have had a huge impact on me and my heart. But his teachings,the bible, or any other single book will never be enough to satiate me all the time.

I have realized that as long as we are alive we will be unsure at times and unhappy at times. There is no such thing as %100 contentment all the time i.e. "enlightenment" or "ascension" or "detachment" in their truest sense. I believe no human has or will ever, or is even capable of, realization of the infinite truths of the multiverse and life. We have revelations and epiphanies...there are leaders who have had them and naturally people are drawn to these moving experiences or theories. But none of them will give you true constant contentment. I honestly believe that we are designed to never know. We however are CLEARLY designed to search incessantly, which makes the conundrum of life. Learning to enjoy and appreciate this is a huge step in spiritual soundness, but people like me will always want to know the truth about existence. An important thing is to realize that we are designed to search for answers, so we are ready and willing to subscribe to a philosophy that we resonate with in an attempt to fill this void. I have realized that almost every philosophy has some wisdom in it, but none of them are the end-all be-all of this endlessly faceted life.

One thing we do know is that the Universe is conscious and alive, we are all connected in some way, and that we are a part of something huge. This is awesome, and I find myself in a state of appreciation and thankfulness to be a part of the human experience often. But after zillions of books, rituals, occultism, meditations, dogma, prayers, some time in a Buddhist monastery, I can say that I have learned a lot, but I cannot say that I am enlightened in it's truest sense, or that I have found a philosophy that will keep me content or save humanity. I would venture to say that it doesn't exist in the human paradigm construct.

This is just my experience, and I feel led to share it every time someone claims ascension, enlightenment, etc....the only thing that we know is that we don't know

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pixiedust

you have spoken as of the teachings of BUDDHA and of 'knowing nothing', and 'what do we truly know?'.

but the Buddha knew Nothing, and in so knew all things. His followers and the unattained were thirsty.. for they knew all things, but knew nothing. that is the difference.

escape indeed we must, from the confines of flesh. that which we mourn in death of our loved ones. claiming they have gone to Heaven. but had we truly believed that.. we would not hold wakes and ceremonies of sadness.. but exuberant celebrations! what sadness is not selfish that one of our beloved would go to heaven and be in the true presence of the Lord?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

I will respectively posit that Buddha knew many things, and his epiphany is a cornerstone of the successful philosophical playbook. But to say that he knew all things is a blind attribution. He did not know all things present and past, interdimensional, spiritual, scientific, or even philosophical. He discovered a powerful way to reduce suffering in this life. That is his legacy.

There is a wooden Buddha I collected in Thailand that sits by my bed, and a portrait of the abbot of the monastery I stayed at by my door, in respect to Buddhism and the wisdom it carries. Every day I am thankful for the light the teachings of Buddha has given to me. But to say that he was the end-all be-all is exactly what I was talking about when I said people so easily latch on to one form of wisdom, excluding all others. To me this is not beneficial, but if it works for you and you are happy, that makes me happy. Cheers

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by preludefanguy

far from an anomaly

although rare in terms of human experience, it is quite natural

so, you say: "I am the cause and effect of my perception", who/what is the my in my perception ?

what is the cause to the effects in 'you' ? what are you ?
edit on 27-6-2013 by preludefanguy because: (no reason given)

The easiest way for me to describe it is that i create a personality for myself. Everything else that i perceive is a reflection off that personality. Its easy for me to make choices because i can see the inversion of the reflection perception. I am human, I do not try to over complicate things for myself.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I am not concerned by the challenges humanity faces myself. The "parasitical intellects" is just the label i have chosen for those who really project group mind influences onto others.
Everything is "feeding" of something so its just about respect really and balance is the key for me.
I kind of see the ego as like a tool, call it the "sledgehammer", then i have my awareness, which is another tool, call it the "rock". If i balance the use of the two tools i can do a lot more than someone who only uses one or the other.

What is the a lot "more" that you are doing? If you are unconcerned with humanity is your "doing" just action in self interest?
If you think you use a "sledgehammer" (ego) on the unchangeable solid rock of awareness what is it that you are trying to "do"? Chip away at awareness.
You said to me that you think you feed your ego on " parasitical intellects " it is just my opinion but I still don't think you should be feeding your ego.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ

If i balance the use of the two tools i can do a lot more than someone who only uses one or the other.

What good could possibly come out of the ego? It only exists as a figment of your imagination, nothing else.

For me its the physical force. If i want to manifest things for myself i use the ego to push my influence.
I think the ego is misunderstood and that is why people are easily susceptible to mind influence.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I see. I guess we have different definitions of the word 'ego', then. For me, it's the delusion which is responsible for the perception of separation, of duality. It is that which judges and indulges, and keeps one in a state of unconscious hedonism.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc

What is the a lot "more" that you are doing? If you are unconcerned with humanity is your "doing" just action in self interest?
If you think you use a "sledgehammer" (ego) on the unchangeable solid rock of awareness what is it that you are trying to "do"? Chip away at awareness.
You said to me that you think you feed your ego on " parasitical intellects " it is just my opinion but I still don't think you should be feeding your ego.

More like reshape things for myself. I do not know exactly what i am doing but my intention is to make the "game fair" for everyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here is the conundrum with what i am attempting.
Why would anyone just be fair and balanced when they do not have to be with free will and all?
This is what makes it interesting for me. Put everyone in the ring together and let themselves sort out their differences. It might work but then it might just accelerate our destruction.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I see. I guess we have different definitions of the word 'ego', then. For me, it's the delusion which is responsible for the perception of separation, of duality. It is that which judges and indulges, and keeps one in a state of unconscious hedonism.

I need to judge myself otherwise i would not be able to define anything for its context.
I can take this judgement and either express it outwardly or turn it inwardly and work on my personal development.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixiedust
reply to post by filledcup

I will respectively posit that Buddha knew many things, and his epiphany is a cornerstone of the successful philosophical playbook. But to say that he knew all things is a blind attribution. He did not know all things present and past, interdimensional, spiritual, scientific, or even philosophical. He discovered a powerful way to reduce suffering in this life. That is his legacy.

There is a wooden Buddha I collected in Thailand that sits by my bed, and a portrait of the abbot of the monastery I stayed at by my door, in respect to Buddhism and the wisdom it carries. Every day I am thankful for the light the teachings of Buddha has given to me. But to say that he was the end-all be-all is exactly what I was talking about when I said people so easily latch on to one form of wisdom, excluding all others. To me this is not beneficial, but if it works for you and you are happy, that makes me happy. Cheers

i understand full well what what you mean. to stay in the non-dual state is to not be in the flesh. and to stay in the non-dual state permanently would be to have died. but do you understand me? remember in english capital letters are for the beginning of a sentence and for the first letter of A Title or Name. To know Nothing is to know 'nothingness' where all the secrets be revealed.

but in either case, If one would be to willfully commit to the non-dual state and permanently leave their ego flesh body, remaining only to exist in the spiritual state,, then would that not be considered ascending?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

More like reshape things for myself. I do not know exactly what i am doing but my intention is to make the "game fair" for everyone.

Everyones Idea of "fair" is not the same so it would still be only fair for you.
I think that the ego is the I concept you have of yourself( an idea that limits you) . Surely even if you "chip away" at awareness change your form(or your personality)the ego is still a limitation .

You admitted you have not found out who you are yet.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I need to judge myself otherwise i would not be able to define anything for its context.
I can take this judgement and either express it outwardly or turn it inwardly and work on my personal development.

What is the 'myself' that would be judged? And what use do you have for 'context'?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

But we are physically individual. Any other perception denies the reality of our existence. It is unhealthy to view it individuality as a curse or a disability, as it prevents you from making full use of your existence and accepting yourself as what you truly are.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by HarryTZ

But we are physically individual. Any other perception denies the reality of our existence. It is unhealthy to view it individuality as a curse or a disability, as it prevents you from making full use of your existence and accepting yourself as what you truly are.

But we have to define what an individual actually is. If I were to ask, I dunno, my sister what it means to be an individual, she would probably say something along the lines of, "I guess it just means I'm my own person in a world full of other people". This response, however, raises a red flag. If I am intrinsically alone in my perception, how can I even know that there are other people? What if everything that I've experiences was just a figment of my imagination? This renders 'individuality' untestable, and frankly, useless.
As for making full use of our existence, you can sugar coat it however you like, but as far as reality is concerned this body is only interested in consuming food and having sex. Defending your physicality is stupid, it's going to keep you trapped in your illusory perceptions for longer than necessary.

“Life has to be described in pure and simple physical and physiological terms. It must be demystified and depsychologised”
― U.G. Krishnamurti

edit on 27-6-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Can you prove that I am NOT a figment of your imagination? There is a " faith of uncertainty" thread by LLesMis That you might be interested in checking out.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by HarryTZ

Can you prove that I am NOT a figment of your imagination? There is a " faith of uncertainty" thread by LLesMis That you might be interested in checking out.

Ahh, but who would I prove it to

I'll go and look for it.
edit on 27-6-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

For the sake of sanity and practicality some assumptions must be made. Contextual clues will tell you that you exist. Contextual clues will also tell you that this world is real. There is no point to question this and that should you question this you will not have any real answers available. Your only choices will be to Forever chase answer that may not exist, accept what may possibly be an illusion, or die in a mad gamble to escape what may or may not be an illusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join