It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Americans Will Continue to Support a Corrupt Government

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been mentioned already. I only read the OP.
Anyways... It's all about the comfort zone. Only way the people will get off their lazy asses (and actually DO something) is if the couch they're sitting on is ripped out from under them. Then they might just fight tooth and nail to get it back.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

That is what I really funny

now you are talkin baby...sort of

on topic
Divide Syria?
Until a population gets over their fear of losing their bananas and stand up for them selves like the Palistinians against the corrupt aparthied racist government of Israel and innocent people stop funding such corrupt regimes like Amerika funds Israel, there will be no relief from the terror of corrupt tyranny...

do they have Trailor parks in Israel Kashai or do they call them gettoes there?
edit on 25-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2013 by Danbones because: fixed quote box

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
uhh - didja mention tv - i'm too apathetic to scroll back.
You might like this boiling frogs :
BoilingFrogs

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
We are forced to support a corrupt government primarily because we no longer have real money but Federal Reserve notes forced upon us. Any times we use it as a means of exchange and pay taxes we are supporting the same government we fundamentally disagree with. Unless one can provide literally everything for themselves without resorting to the use of FRN's we really have no choice in the matter.

I disagree with your reasons as to why we do nothing to change it. The odds of a violent revolution being successful have changed dramatically over 200 years: weaponry - back then the people had the same technology (musket) the government did. Now? Even AR15s are useless against Abrams tanks, Predator drones, night vision, thermal vision, satellite cameras, etc. Only the most unrealistic person could consider fighting the current government as anything but a suicide mission.
Until death becomes a preferential option to living under despotism nothing will change. America's only real hope is that those who serve in the government, armed forces and law enforcement will act to enforce the true law of the land (the Constitution for the United States) and take control away from the international banker class who view Nations as nothing more than zones of economic exploitation.
In short, the world has become a plantation and only those who work inside have a chance of changing it.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
No, your reasons are WRONG (well, some of them anyway)!

There has been dissent within this country since it's inception. IMO the reason nothing gets done to change it is,...

The countries size:
USA is very big and this makes it hard to coordinate any effective dissent. There might be pockets of dissension, like Texas, but there is no real way to coordinate a unified threat against the Powers At Be.

Propaganda:
The message drilled into our heads is that the USA is "The Greatest Country on the Planet" so it makes rationalizing dissent difficult.

Overall Quality of Life:
Here in the USA the quality of life for MOST of the residents is fair to better than fair. There is a small number of economically disenfranchised americans but there is no way they could ever get organized and or funded to pose a serious threat to the System.

Well Organized internal Militia:
The USA has well organized and trained (brainwashed) security forces. The System uses "Us against Them" mentality to keep the people holding the weapons in line and to keep the unhappy folks in line too. The security forces will follow rules to most extent. If it really got down to shooting civilians this might change but several hundred people will first need to die and americans as a majority, hold life as special and don't or won't quickly line up to get shot. This keeps the potential of civil resurrection remote.

Food (Probably THE most important reason):
We are well fed even if it is in many cases, of poor quality like fast foods. As long as the food holds out there is no reason to revolt. Hungry people can be very dangerous. Look at the French Revolution. There was not really a political agenda there. Just hungry people. If our food supply chains were to get seriously disrupted, we could see similar results.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I am diametrically opposed to this point of view. I think this point of view is the problem in itself.
Allow me to explain:

Everyone (nearly) has been programmed / indoctrinated into believing in a false paradigm. This false paradigm states that in order to create change in society, they have to take "Physical Actions" and that mere "Talk" alone cannot suffice.

This is entirely incorrect especially in today's Information Age setting.

Taking "Physical Actions" are actually the wrong choice now, as none of them can possibly lead to positive outcomes in relation to "changing the govt". Everything backfires, nothing works. Everything gets worse over time.

Ok so what do we "Do" than?
Nothing - this is the hidden weakness of the government no one is willing to believe or accept. Thus it's immense power and it's strategic defensive position.

No one seems to realize that "Doing nothing" is the proverbial straw to break the camel's back, it is the ultimate reaction to such a paradigm and a clever redirection of force.

Examples ::: Paying Taxes to fund Corruption:
Do nothing! Quit your job if you make so much you have to pay taxes. Don't want to quit? Well enjoy tyranny than because you are funding it.

Voting:
Do nothing! By voting for any party you are consenting to the system with a signature on this "registration card".
Wanna keep voting? Stop complaining, you are the elector of this corrupt system.

Buying Trendy Crap you don't Need:
Do nothing! Stop buying all of this trendy crap, it's all mostly useless and sub-par quality anyways! This act alone supplies the system with all the power it needs to oppress millions worldwide in sweatshops or similar slavery rings.

Now, don't take this the wrong way. The "Do Nothing" strategy means exactly "Do Nothing to facilitate power" in the most specific sense. People who saved up and got their own land, and are trying to create a sustainable low cost future are indeed following the "Do Nothing" strategy because everything they are "doing" is in order to "have nothing to do with government/corporations anymore".

Don't take things in such an extreme view.
Obviously it is nearly impossible to fully ween one's self from this 'system'.
But the goal here is to try, to at least make an attempt towards that, and thus it will limit and decrease their powers over you.

Talking is the one ultimate weapon that the establishment cannot fend itself against adequately. Especially well constructed statements or ideas. That is their ultimate weakness.

What did Occupy and the Tea Party accomplish? Getting arrested or pepper sprayed? Last I checked the Wall Street moguls are still raping the market and raking in the dough $$$. The government is still in power and getting stronger quickly despite all of these "protests".

So rather than going out and causing a ruckus, which is what they WANT YOU TO DO, what we should be doing is researching, learning, and withdrawing from their system. We need to share information and communicate with fellow humans and educate them because education is the key to unlocking the chains that bind us. Speech and ideas are the key to our freedom.

Actions themselves are used against us. The government can turn our energy around back towards us when we act brashly in the open. We must stop giving them our energy to redirect, and we need to withdraw from the confrontation because we always lose through this method of approach.

By thinking and talking, you can limit these powers significantly.
Do nothing! Strip these powers away!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

You have made some really good points so I starred your post.
I believe what you have said flows into my post right under it very nicely. What an awesome coincidence!

It's like somehow the universe matched my sentiments up right after yours and the flow of this energy itself is pretty uncanny in my assessment. Very nice.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks MuzzleFlash

edit on 25-6-2013 by wrkn4livn because: Spelling fix

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

New England community circa 1760, a Scottish village circa 1740, a French city circa 1780.

What A Totale Wast of Time..............................
we did all that And we still end up in the same place!
why bother at all. they still win in the end!

Goverment does NOT work!
Every one if corupt.

The people can rise up and take over the world.
give it 10 or more years and we are back at the start!
just roll over and kiss as

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
From Peter Joseph's 2011 film Zeitgeist Moving Forward

Peter Joseph:

Quite simply, Mechanization is more productive efficient and sustainable than human labor in virtually every sector of the economy today. Machines do not need vacations, breaks, insurance, pensions, and they can work 24 hours a day every day. The output potential and accuracy compared to human labor, is unmatched. The bottom line: repetitive human labor is becoming obsolete and impractical across the world. And the unemployment you see around you today is fundamentally the result of this evolution of efficiency in technology. For years, market economists have dismissed this growing pattern which could be called “Technological Unemployment” because of the fact that new sectors always seemed to emerge to re-absorb the displaced workers. Today, the service sector is the only real hub left and currently employs over 80% of the American workforce with most industrialized countries maintaining a similar proportion. However, this sector now being challenged increasingly by automated kiosks, automated restaurants, and even automated stores. Economists today are finally acknowledging what they had been denying for years: Not only is technological unemployment exasperating the current labor crisis we see across the world due to the global economic downturn, but the more the recession deepens the faster the industries are mechanizing.

The catch, which is not realized, is that the faster they mechanize to save money, the more they displace people - the more they reduce public purchasing power. This means that, while the corporation can produce everything more cheaply, fewer and fewer people will actually have money to buy anything regardless of how cheap they become. The bottom line is that the “labor for income” game is slowly coming to an end. In fact, if you take a moment to reflect on the jobs which are in existence today which automation could take over right now if applied, 75% of the global workforce could be replaced by mechanization tomorrow.

And this is why, in a Resource-Based Economy, there is no Monetary-Market system. No money at all, for there is no need. A Resource-Based Economy recognizes the efficiency of mechanization and accepts it for what it offers. It doesn't fight it, like we do today. Why? Because it is irresponsible not to, given any interest in efficiency and sustainability.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

New England community circa 1760, a Scottish village circa 1740, a French city circa 1780.

Goverment does NOT work!
Every one if corupt.

The people can rise up and take over the world.
give it 10 or more years and we are back at the start!
just roll over and kiss as

Correct.

New Boss, Same as Old Boss.
This is a fact of reality.

Because by utilizing violence to reach our goal of good/freedom/positive, we are essentially becoming the monsters we despised in the first place.

Our entire approach is wrong clearly. History proves this.

That is why I am suggesting a communication / peaceful / limited action to no action approach. This way most all of the detriments we are facing are eliminated.

Examples : Protesting / rioting only encourages a police state reaction.
Standing up to a cop gets you arrested and charged with felonies, etc.

The main goal here is to limit their power, not to enhance it.
Taking all of these actions enhances their power clearly, it is a fact.

However, simply spreading an idea has always proved to work in changing society.
Ideas are the weapon of choice if we are serious about winning this war.
edit on 25-6-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Let me explain. The average American is apathetic....why? Because he/she has access to mind-numbing entertainment. We care more about Xbox versus Playstation than we do about Snowden. In fact, I submit that the new American dream is, for many people, simply a hunt for the next form of entertainment. Thus the obsession with Hollywood stars, pop culture, etc. These folks are so consumed with consumerism that they can't be bothered with national scandals and world events.....who cares if the NSA spies on folks as long as the latest version of Halo is about to be released?

I think you're spot on with your assessment when it comes to the majority.

But, I also think there is a generation of opinionated, political and active young people out there willing to do something. We've seen it in the Occupy movement.

It's never an entire nation rising up in revolution, it's a group within it. In all the examples you cite, there were millions who didn't get involved, millions of women and children who were kept out of the fight, and millions of citizens who were more interested in harvesting their crop to support their family than taking up arms.

There has never been an instance where every citizen, and probably not even a majority, are engaged in revolution.

In Iceland, it took perhaps a few thousand people, in a population of more than 300,000. They still had the support of a massive number of inactive and distracted citizens, and they won peacefully and repaired their government and their country.

I guess I go back and forth on this. Sometimes I think the population is so apathetic and uneducated they really don't care in any number big enough to make a difference. But then I think about the Occupy movement, and the fact that there were thousands protesting across the US and millions around the world.

That gives me hope that there are a lot of people out there willing to stand up and fight back.

You know what I think will happen? We'll see a resurgence of the Occupy movement this year, and it'll be bigger and cover the USA, with Snowden and Manning as its icons. I think there will be a movement to hold government to account.

The only reason I think this, is because I believe there is more to come. I think we are going to see evidence that politicians, journalists and judges have been targeted for blackmail or threatened by the NSA/Obama regime. And the moment that happens, all bets are off. I also think it's likely that there are other whistle blowers ready to make their move with the support of WikiLeaks, and that plenty of other dark and dirty secrets are possibly going to be revealed by others.

Another reason why I think this will be bigger, is that both sides can come together to fight a common enemy. Both Republicans and Democrats are seemingly in agreement on the whole, both sides have a common interest here, and both could be capable of putting their traditional distractions aside to focus on this one issue.

There are two things that I will be looking for in any movement... first, it needs to be big enough to be obvious. It's not good enough to do what they did last time and end up desperate for attention in the media. There needs to be a massive internet campaign, a massive protest march, MLK style on the Mall, or otherwise in the public's face. It has to be a protest that no media outlet can ignore without discrediting themselves in the eyes of their audience.

The BBC has lost credibility with millions of Brits in the last couple of weeks, for their refusal in the beginning to even mention Snowden and the NSA, and that has become even more prominent now that they are also ignoring the story of GCHQ.

The other thing I'll be looking for in a protest is the response of Government. I hate to say it, but there needs to be a violent backlash from police to get the headlines. Remember Occupy NY and the girls being maced by the NYPD? Remember the young man almost killed by a riot cop in Oakland? Millions around the net got angry, and many more joined the protest. A violent state action can solidify a movement and help it to grow.

We're in for some interesting times, and I think you should look more toward the youth out there and movements like Occupy to stop you feeling so disheartened and helpless

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyruay

I have some huge problems with Peter Joseph's pro-NWO philosophy.

Essentially he thinks a form of communism is the key to freedom, which is completely insane IMHO as history proves this never works because people in charge always take advantage and become tyrannical despots and brutality ensues among the populace.

I agree that mechanization has led to vast unemployment, that is indeed true.
But I disagree wholeheartedly with his "illuminated" solutions to this problem. I find it despicable he would knowingly mislead people into this disaster when he clearly knew better.

The Venus project? Don't try to tell me it's not some Illuminati plan, it's got Venus the goddess's name all over it. That mythological reference means "Hey we are illuminated occultists, believe in us, do as we say". It's a freaking joke, and only the uneducated would fall for it.

What is the real solution? Freedom.

Money is not evil in itself, it is the intent of the user instead. Money can be used for good, such as feeding and sheltering a homeless child who lost their parents in an accident. Money itself is not evil, it is inanimate. We animate it with our actions and desires and modes of operation.

Eliminating money will NOT eliminate tyranny. It's foolish to even consider such a thing.
Tyranny doesn't need money, it only needs a fist to put in our faces. That can be achieved at zero cost financially if you think about it.

Taking away money only eliminates any chance for the little guy at the bottom to actually gain a foothold into the world. It allows the "government" to decide what everyone gets, how much of what kind of food, what types of clothing, furniture, etc.

With money we have "Choice", and can choose to buy this or buy that. Without money yet keeping most of this economy in place? We would become 100% enslaved overnight! Right now we are only 75-85% enslaved. Don't let them trick you into giving up the last power you have : The Power to Vote with Your $$$$$

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

The answer to this is simple - vigilance.

After each of these revolutions and overthrows there was a period of heightened political interest, of restrained government, of a true democratic system.

The problem isn't that it doesn't work, the problem is that the people become too comfortable, and over time they allow their government to become bloated and turn into the thing they once overthrew.

Like almost everything else on this planet, it's cyclical. Government becomes a threat to the people, they rise up and overthrow it, then follows a golden age of enlightenment and peace, of democracy and real progress, the people become distracted with more pressing things, the government grows, a hundred new groups come and go, watering down the controls on them, making their lives easier, bloating the government once again... the government becomes a threat to the people, they rise up and overthrow it...

This is the pattern, it's because generation after generation we follow the same path of being too comfortable and allowing others to grasp control. We let this happen because we trust them to be working in our interests, when the fact is all politicians seem to be working for their own interests. They are not the passionate and moral people we elect because they headed a genuine movement to improve their country, they did not arrive there in office after fighting and risking their lives to remove a dictator, they arrived there because their daddy was rich, or because more powerful interests in the community wanted them there.

It's sad to say, but we do this to ourselves as a population. Instead of electing people who have genuine passion for their country, as is often the case after a revolution, we elect people who are wealthy enough, or have enough backing.

Every empire falls, every system of government falls, every form of regime falls - eventually. The real problem we have is making the golden age that comes after it last with education and passion. We need to make sure that over time the revolution is not betrayed by the next generation. Otherwise our countries end up right back where we started with another revolution.

Our societies have followed the same spiral into totalitarianism that many other societies throughout history have, and it has always ended in revolution. Revolt is inevitable when successive generations forget what their parents had to do to secure their freedom and liberty, and this is no different.

The only questions in my mind right now are... 1) how far do we have to go down this spiral this time before the people once again rise up, 2) can it be done peacefully, and 3) will there ever come a time when we have allowed our governments to become too powerful for such a movement to ever succeed again.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

There is another major factor you didn't state in your OP.

In your examples, the peasants had access to the same exact weaponry as the soldiers of their rulers. Therefore, a revolt was on fairly equal footing. A bunch of hillbillies with rifles are no match for tanks, drones, and night vision, so the same opportunity for revolt is simply not present. So, you can't equate the current modern age with revolts in history.

Not to mention, after a revolt, you have to rebuild from scratch. While not happy with our current corporate rule, I don't think the system is rotten to the core, and I do think it can be fixed, while working within the system. Sadly though, people don't seem to realize the power their votes have if they don't accept the force-fed candidates, and instead vote for people who aren't special interest, who WANT to make those changes.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I would like to start a political party called the no-tie party. It is a polital party for the everyday person that is not caught up in the appearance of a politician but rather the average citizen that understands how the goverment works, but wants to really change the system from the inside. Stop hiring these lawyers to make decisions and put regular people that know how it works into those positions. The goverment is not some monster on the hill, it is an entity of the people operating for the best interests of said people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hi all, I'm not American, I'm Canadian, but I just wanted to share with you a bit of what I did. I left Canada, and believe it or not I live in Algeria now, in the mountains, building a mortgage free house, solar panelled, growing my own food, I'm an artist, a teacher of English, and I also work with something called tine which we use here to make hot plates for cooking bread on fires. Anyway my point being is, I often dreamt of likeminded people coming together with their different skills and doing the do nothing strategy, by saying screw the government, screw materialism, put your heads together and make your own world, your own communities, you can still do this in America. Maybe you have neighbours or more people then you realize around you who are just as sick to death of this corruption as you. I know its idealistic but if enough people did this, pooled their resources, stopped feeding the power structures, it could have a big impact.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

We aren't in the 1700s anymore. The United States of America doesn't have just swords and guns anymore. It has drones, missiles and nuclear. The Weathermen tried revolting in the 1970s if I remember correctly. The Weathermen ended up learning the hard way that the military evolved after almost 300 years since the last revolt. Today, if you are a problem, the military will just drop a nuclear bomb and you'll be history. That's why terrorists (and BTW, "revolution" is defined as a form of "terrorism") don't have long lifespan when the FBI wants them dead.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Exactly. Let's look throughout History. The French revolution gave a new french government, and the people are still unhappy with it. The French constitution has the all-seeing NWO eye in it. The Civil War gave a new society, and the people are still unhappy with it. The back of the US dollars has the all-seeing NWO eye in it. China and Russia both went through a revolution and became marxist. Marxism is a SECULAR government, in latin Seclorum. Novus Ordo Seclorum. Now check the US dollar bill.

The next revolution will just push the people further under control of this hidden hand.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

The next revolution will just push the people further under control of this hidden hand.

As it always has done.

The occult symbolism is the tell-tale sign of who is really in control. Very revealing to those with eyes to see and a mind to think.

Revolving is going around in circles. We are so ignorant we don't even listen to the very words we are saying.
"Let's start a revolution!" = "Lets go around in circles" = Chasing one's own tail

Truth is hidden in words everywhere.
Vladimir Lenin for example. That is not his real name.
Lenin wiki

born Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov

So what does Lenin mean?

Le = The
Nin = King

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join