It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Americans Will Continue to Support a Corrupt Government

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i, for one, play video games, not to keep me from doing something more meaningful, but because it's actually a bright spot in an otherwise dismal day on ATS in which i'm told i'm an idiot for believing there's a god, responsible for every bad thing in the history of the planet, and doubly so because i'm female, which makes me like ye olde temptress that fooled poor adam into eating an apple (uh, right) and triply so because i'm white, which makes me responsible for crap other people did who were not even in my family tree much less me, and quadruply so because i'm an american in a country that is suffering from a semi-hostile takeover by an international group that can have us all mounted on pikes the next day if they so chose it, and quintuply (yeah i made up that word) so because i don't want people to die.

yeah this place is a laugh a minute.

bloggey is the root of all evil..

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by billdadobbie
touchy calling people morons and we i am not borg
why grow up allways keep in touch with the 10 year old

As I explained the Cold war is over.....China no longer supports a war with the United State over North Korea and in so far as Syria, the likelihood of Global thermonuclear war is about as valid as some swamp land I could sell you just west of Dade county Florida USA. I will even give you a break, only $10,000 and acre

Any thoughts? why live in a swamp when you can live in the hills ? my point being americans are just like anyone else the thought of revolution scares them just look around the world at libia /egypt syria etc .

you do not want that but the world cannot support the aged population & pensions .

tptb want a cull of the herd and will have it at any cost it seems

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
fear

Fear is an emotion.

I had an uncle that died in Vietnam.

He threw himself upon a hand grenade and at the time he did that to protect the rest of his crew.

At the time they were gathered together around a camp fire eating dinner.

You see he was afraid his friends would be killed.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

fear

love.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

fear

love.

One way of looking at it is that we really should stop working against each other for about a thousand years.

For the sake of argument and given that we have all fought each other since the beginning. Just to see what is possible if we worked together seems under the circumstances relevant.

Given mankind's situation this seems important...

Any thoughts?
edit on 24-6-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by smyleegrl

Is The US a better place now, than if it had stayed under British rule and never gained independence?
That is the question you need to ask yourselves.

A great talking point, that independence. It makes one reconsider the current
state of affairs as being well planned and concealed... by the real seats of power.
I personally prefer to keep my distance at every opportunity to engage the govern-
ment at all levels; unless that lack of engagement results in even further dependence.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

fear/ terror is the glass walls of the cage...
doesn't matter what the fear is in regards to

and sure in the midst of this fear there are heroes...
enough to get er done? well that is the question

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Seabag:

England (Europe in general) is the birthplace of tyranny and corruption.

As a Brit living in England, I agree with you hundred percent. The majority of the British people are habituated by centuries of tradition, pomp and circumstance, to a class system that is publicly denied, but knowingly acknowledged in hushed tones. The fact that we still have a monarchy and pander to it speaks volumes about the British mindset. The trouble with people is that they are not true to their own conscience, they lack any strength of conviction for the principles of freedom that others have fought and died for repeatedly throughout history. When a nation loses its perspective on freedom's principles, when it can no longer feel inspired by the concepts of freedom, it places itself in chains and resignedly habituates to a social strata of inequality.

Britain had the chance to throw off the yoke of monarchy and to reshape itself during the late 1700s, but the fact that it didn't set the future of Britain to what it is today. The problems that America is facing are not unique to America, all the Western nations, the peoples, share in the same apathy and lethargy, and are giving the same uncaring response to the social issues to which they should heed, if not for themselves now, then for their future descendants.

All governments, without exception, always move towards tyranny, not because the initial system does not work, but because people fail to retain a moral righteousness for the principles out of which all societies form. We are heading towards a deeper tyranny, one that has never been seen in human history before. It is a tyranny that is being adopted by all nation's through their respective political processes, which is bringing in the changes that remove national identity, and which eventually disenfranchises the people from their history. At the international level, many governments are acting as an embryonic world government. On the world stage, you cannot perceive any difference in policy. The global banking collapse and subsequent bailout was to bring commonality to all nations through fiscal and economic strangulation.

When the world finally emerges out of austerity, the one world government will be in place and operating. Through corporate dictatorship, mankind will no longer be a world of humanity, but nothing more than a human hive, where individualism will be treated with suspicion and socially frowned upon. Society itself, will be a prison for the individual human mind, until it habituates the prison bars as illusions, and thinks itself living a free life. This, as many of you may already perceive, is quite apparent in the mindsets all around you today.

Smyleegurl is quite right. Along with other Western nations, America is and will fall in line to the coming forms of tyranny. which will grow evermore draconian and restrictive, and no response will be given to resist it. There is nothing you can do to stop it, it is inevitable, inexorable, and deserving. In fact, the Western world has already fallen, but like the class system of Britain, it's not openly discussed, and it certainly is not resisted, and never will be.
edit on 24/6/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

One way of interpreting your response is that the South lost the civil war because the North in the United States was more afraid.

Beyond that you are not making much sense.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

reply to post by Kashai

One way of interpreting your response is that the South lost the civil war because the North in the United States was more afraid.

don't mistake your lake of perception for anything else

Beyond that you are not making much sense.

Any thoughts?

don't mistake ( ETA: "your" ) lack of perception for anything else

your comment re the civil war is of course just silly and a prime example of the type of thinking that got everyone into this mess in the first place

the indiginous folks in some places know a monkey will trap it self by grabbing a banana inside a box with a hole just big enough for it's paw
of course it cant get its paw back because it is afraid to let go of the banana and loose it
there you have it:
trapped

clear enough for you?

PS
and every one had an unkle in Vietnam

edit on 24-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Seabag:

England (Europe in general) is the birthplace of tyranny and corruption.

As a Brit living in England, I agree with you hundred percent. The majority of the British people are habituated by centuries of tradition, pomp and circumstance, to a class system that is publicly denied, but knowingly acknowledged in hushed tones. The fact that we still have a monarchy and pander to it speaks volumes about the British mindset. The trouble with people is that they are not true to their own conscience, they lack any strength of conviction for the principles of freedom that others have fought and died for repeatedly throughout history. When a nation loses its perspective on freedom's principles, when it can no longer feel inspired by the concepts of freedom, it places itself in chains and resignedly habituates to a social strata of inequality.

Britain had the chance to throw off the yoke of monarchy and to reshape itself during the late 1700s, but the fact that it didn't set the future of Britain to what it is today. The problems that America is facing are not unique to America, all the Western nations, the peoples, share in the same apathy and lethargy, and are giving the same uncaring response to the social issues to which they should heed, if not for themselves now, then for their future descendants.

All governments, without exception, always move towards tyranny, not because the initial system does not work, but because people fail to retain a moral righteousness for the principles out of which all societies form. We are heading towards a deeper tyranny, one that has never been seen in human history before. It is a tyranny that is being adopted by all nation's through their respective political processes, which is bringing in the changes that remove national identity, and which eventually disenfranchises the people from their history. At the international level, many governments are acting as an embryonic world government. On the world stage, you cannot perceive any difference in policy. The global banking collapse and subsequent bailout was to bring commonality to all nations through fiscal and economic strangulation.

When the world finally emerges out of austerity, the one world government will be in place and operating. Through corporate dictatorship, mankind will no longer be a world of humanity, but nothing more than a human hive, where individualism will be treated with suspicion and socially frowned upon. Society itself, will be a prison for the individual human mind, until it habituates the prison bars as illusions, and thinks itself living a free life. This, as many of you may already perceive, is quite apparent in the mindsets all around you today.

Smyleegurl is quite right. Along with other Western nations, America is and will fall in line to the coming forms of tyranny. which will grow evermore draconian and restrictive, and no response will be given to resist it. There is nothing you can do to stop it, it is inevitable, inexorable, and deserving. In fact, the Western world has already fallen, but like the class system of Britain, it's not openly discussed, and it certainly is not resisted, and never will be.

Thanks for explaining that so well
star

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

fear

love.

fear of loss of love

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Your premise is a bit flawed. First is to understand we tend to romanticize the Revolution as this huge thing it wasn't. The amount of men that actually fought was just a small percentage of the actual population estimates are around 15- 20%. You can make an argument that a larger segment were at least friendly to the idea and even gave material support but those are separate issues. The New England colonies started the war and dragged the reluctant Southern colonies into a fight they weren't all that sold on to begin with. But from the start it was all about a handful of wealthy men trying to protect and secure their business interests and nothing more.

The political system in the US has been corrupt from day one. I just love when the morons get on here and tell us how it is just the last few decades that are the problem.They conveniently forget all about how for the better part of those two centuries the working class spent being exploited by the elites and forced to fight in their wars.

It isn't that people are unmotivated to change the system through force. It is simply they would rather work within the system to achieve the change, and it will eventually happen. The problem is their aren't enough people that have lost enough yet, but that number is shrinking every time the economy contracts.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join