It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Americans Will Continue to Support a Corrupt Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I think it goes way deeper than that. We are not a small population like the New England Colonies where we can get together and discuss matters and all come to an agreement on the direction we should go. We are now so widely dispersed over a huge area with so many different factions with different view points divided among hundreds of millions of people.

With a population that large, we will never be able to come together and agree on anything as a whole unit ever again.

With Government so large now and so secretive and controlling that knows the above is a fact, they have been able to cut off most major access routs to We The People getting our say in edge wise.

It's not that the people want to continue to support a corrupt government, it's that We The People no longer have any power to do anything about it short of war - which now wont happen for those very same reasons.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by undo

Revolt or collapse - that is what you have to chose from.

if we revolt, it will collapse too, so what's your point?
that we are screwed either way?

Yep, we are so screwed.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Its not really our job to get rid of corrupt Governments its their's.

This is what should be happening.. Our Armed forces should be protecting the people's right's

To be honest, its a sworn oath..

Great now the all seeing eye is going to be looking at me for educating the people..

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
reply to post by undo

something evil is stirring on the planet and only a fool does not notice depopulation of the gulf or were obama & co just lucky to sell the shares at the right time .

whistleblowers being killed ? internet crackdown the people of america are the same as anywhere else they believe or are to scared to do anything and thats what they like tptb .

be scared folks thank xxxx you have guns you are going to need them my 2 cents

So you are saying that despite that fact that global nuclear war seems impossible, as in relation to the issues of the Cold War, we should now worry about Globalization. Because now that we are moving away from the idea that we can potentially wipe out any possibility of life equivalent to our own, existing on Earth. We should now worry about the idea that our governments, that seem to be working out that problem are now a threat?????

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
When the the economic car drives off of the cliff, we'll see how long that support lasts.

When there is no electricity to run that x box, no food to eat, no gas to drive, and policemen and women are beating fellow countrymen with billy clubs, you'll see a revolt like none before it.

I would only hope that our militarymen and women don't betray the people, because you can rest assured that the police and military contractors won't hesitate to kill Americans.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

something evil is stirring on the planet and only a fool does not notice depopulation of the gulf or were obama & co just lucky to sell the shares at the right time .

whistleblowers being killed ? internet crackdown the people of america are the same as anywhere else they believe or are to scared to do anything and thats what they like tptb .

if the concern is the depopulation plan, why then encourage more depopulation by asking them to blow the schnot out of our nation, which for all intents and purposes, still appears to be working. i mean we still have police and fire departments, post offices, and hospitals and doctors, nurses, brain surgeons, writers, scientists, artists, musicans, road workers, farms, schools, universities, and so on.

i mean i may not agree with everything the obama administration does, but that doesn't mean i want any of them to die. in fact, i don't want anyone to die. i think the whole death thing is over-rated.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
Its not really our job to get rid of corrupt Governments its their's.

This is what should be happening.. Our Armed forces should be protecting the people's right's

To be honest, its a sworn oath..

Great now the all seeing eye is going to be looking at me for educating the people..

This is 100% correct.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

reply to post by undo

So you are saying that despite that fact that global nuclear war seems impossible, as in relation to the issues of the Cold War, we should now worry about Globalization. Because now that we are moving away from the idea that we can potentially wipe out any possibility of life equivalent to our own, existing on Earth. We should now worry about the idea that our governments, that seem to be working out that problem are now a threat?????

Any thoughts?
i think it is going to get like china over there with a big goverment crackdown after an avent

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

if the concern is the depopulation plan, why then encourage more depopulation by asking them to blow the schnot out of our nation, which for all intents and purposes, still appears to be working. i mean we still have police and fire departments, post offices, and hospitals and doctors, nurses, brain surgeons, writers, scientists, artists, musicans, road workers, farms, schools, universities, and so on.

i mean i may not agree with everything the obama administration does, but that doesn't mean i want any of them to die. in fact, i don't want anyone to die. i think the whole death thing is over-rated.

The death matter is a nightmare. Wars are fought because of material things and there really is nothing about us to suggest we are simply material.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

you pick a fight then stand back and watch all the people fight it for you like in boston ?? u.s.a u.s.a

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

you pick a fight then stand back and watch all the people fight it for you like in boston ?? u.s.a u.s.a

The thing about Boston is that if you really had all the answers you would be God

The United States of America has exited for 237 years so what about all the crap that happened on Earth before then?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

a mere babe in arms i have had houses older than that .

the people you are fighting or will be think in longer terms
how many presidents warned of that eisenhower and wilson none dare speak its name ??

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I havent read the other replies yet because I want to respond directly to you and not so much them while its still fresh in my mind.

That said-

-I can agree with you that a good majority of the people would rather not be bothered by scandles and corruption in their government, because of different reasons. Lots of people dont like being told that they have made a bad decision in supporting a certain group of people who speak on their behalf when those same people are being accused of said corruption. Lots of people would rather sell out their beliefs before they would sell out their
parties or factions.

-Lots of people just want to live life and not be bothered by the hellish things that are going on in the backdrops of their surreal lives. They basically dont care until it starts to effect them, and most of the times- they would rather just work around new laws instead of fighting corrupt ones.

-Lots of people are too scared to do anything that may put them in anyones crosshairs. They would rather sit back and watch the world kill itself instead of fighting to protect it.

-Lots of people are on as you say social media such as ats talking instead of doing.
(I can agree with you on the fact that each and every one of us on this site is guilty of this)
But there are also some on this site that do both- and actually attend events, rallies or protests to
help raise awareness. This number is minimal however;which is part of the problem.

I can mostly agree with your assesment that people are too distracted by things that they think are more important. I dont believe anything in this world is more important than making sure everyones rights to be distracted are taken away. People SHOULDNT have to worry as much as they do these days- but unfortunately
we are in a troublesome spot as a nation this day in age- and the people need to learn how to come together to
fight for a common cause.

If we cant learn how to agree as a NATION, then I think our chances are very slim.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
(DBL post)
edit on 24-6-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

a mere babe in arms i have had houses older than that .

the people you are fighting or will be think in longer terms
how many presidents warned of that eisenhower and wilson none dare speak its name ??

As the saying goes everyone is entitled to an opinion, even those who have houses older the 237 years.

What n fact such a conclusion establishes is that you morons skewed things up and are trying desperately to find someone else to blame. Based upon census data there are currently 1 billion people living in the Western Hemisphere, so where is everyone else living???

This is a joke.

Our respective governments have been doing what the USA has admitted recently since the 1970's.

You seriously need to grow up

Any thoughts?
edit on 24-6-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i, for one, play video games, not to keep me from doing something more meaningful, but because it's actually a bright spot in an otherwise dismal day on ATS in which i'm told i'm an idiot for believing there's a god, responsible for every bad thing in the history of the planet, and doubly so because i'm female, which makes me like ye olde temptress that fooled poor adam into eating an apple (uh, right) and triply so because i'm white, which makes me responsible for crap other people did who were not even in my family tree much less me, and quadruply so because i'm an american in a country that is suffering from a semi-hostile takeover by an international group that can have us all mounted on pikes the next day if they so chose it, and quintuply (yeah i made up that word) so because i don't want people to die.

yeah this place is a laugh a minute.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
touchy calling people morons and we i am not borg
why grow up allways keep in touch with the 10 year old

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

i, for one, play video games, not to keep me from doing something more meaningful, but because it's actually a bright spot in an otherwise dismal day on ATS in which i'm told i'm an idiot for believing there's a god, responsible for every bad thing in the history of the planet, and doubly so because i'm female, which makes me like ye olde temptress that fooled poor adam into eating an apple (uh, right) and triply so because i'm white, which makes me responsible for crap other people did who were not even in my family tree much less me, and quadruply so because i'm an american in a country that is suffering from a semi-hostile takeover by an international group that can have us all mounted on pikes the next day if they so chose it, and quintuply (yeah i made up that word) so because i don't want people to die.

yeah this place is a laugh a minute.

Actually I happen to like and respect women. To me the whole temptress stuff is an attempt upon men to deny there own desires.

We and in respect to that I mean the masses of our planet need a way to communicate beyond the media.

The only way we can truly develop a world society where there is nothing but peace. Is for us as a whole to find solutions to our problems through peace.

Wars and revolutions only perpetuate violence and the domino effect is evident.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

touchy calling people morons and we i am not borg
why grow up allways keep in touch with the 10 year old

As I explained the Cold war is over.....China no longer supports a war with the United State over North Korea.

In so far as Syria, the likelihood of Global thermonuclear war is about as valid as some swamp land I could sell you just west of Dade county Florida USA. I will even give you a break, only $10,000 and acre

Any thoughts?

edit on 24-6-2013 by Kashai because: modifed content

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
fear

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join