Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Getting old and wrinkly?

page: 1
11
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This morning whilst brushing my teeth i asked my wife a question "Sharling do youshshink"... Whoops, my apologies folks..hold on, i will stop brushing my teeth... *drops brush into glass and gargles before spluttering toothpaste all over the mirror and sink*... i have never learned to spit correctly!

Anyway, back to the main point...

This morning i asked Mrs R about how she felt about getting old as she was trowelling some makeup onto her naturally beautiful 38 year old face...

She shrugged her shoulders and nonchalantly replied "It's not about how i feel darling Rodinus but more about how YOU feel seeing that you will be 47 next week!"

In just a couple of gob-smacking seconds my life flashed before my eyes... why does it go so quickly?

It only seems like last week that i was pogoing around to the Sex pistols Who killed Bambi and only like yesterday when i was still changing poo filled nappies from my last sibling!

Well... wasn't that a kick up the proverbial posterior!... All day long i have been feeling really old now, mumbling and grumbling and whatnot!



So... how do you folks feel when you suddenly realise that you are not getting any younger?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 21-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling




posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What's wrong with old and wrinkly? It is better to be old and wrinkly than to be pushing daisies at a young age. Either way nobody listens to you anymore though



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
What's wrong with old and wrinkly? It is better to be old and wrinkly than to be pushing daisies at a young age. Either way nobody listens to you anymore though


You have a point there Ricky... although saying that... Mrs R hardly ever listens to me anyway


Kindest respects

Rodinus



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus
 


How do I feel ?
Like a spring chicken Rod me old mate about getting old, never gonna happen with my life style


Cody



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You're not getting old...that monkey suit your wearing is getting old.

You only get about thirty thousand days use out of it anyway...enjoy them...

Why does everyone around me seem SOOO attached to that body they're wearing
when THEY KNOW it's not gonna last long



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus
 


How do I feel ?
Like a spring chicken Rod me old mate about getting old, never gonna happen with my life style


Cody


I actually do feel like spring chicken Cody... but it's a rusty spring


Thats what happens when you are in a 46 year old body and still use it as if it was 21 years old!

Kindest respects

Rodinus



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
you should have your mirror checked.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival


Why does everyone around me seem SOOO attached to that body they're wearing
when THEY KNOW it's not gonna last long



I am attached to that body because i was born with it


I am attached to that body because without it i could not physically feel the sensations of everyday life (got to be careful not to break T and Cs here:lol


Kindest respects

rodinus



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
you should have your mirror checked.


Cleaned you mean? with all that tooth paste


Kindest respects

rodinus



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus
 


im not as old as you but i always say your as old as you feel...and happiness is the key to youth...live every day to its fullest, find love that's not just skin deep,..enjoy every sunrise, every cup of coffee, every full moon, take in the beauty the world has to offer, if you have a chance you'll never have again take it (i.e cliff diving in Hawaii) even if your frightened!!! don't be to serious, have good hobbies and keep good company...and take nothing for granted!

but i look forward to the day i can tell some wipper snapper
'old age and treachery beats youth and skill'

-.peace



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rival
 


I'm studying the research on the reversal of aging of the body. There appears to be a lot of research on it and I find that to delay the process may lead to increasing chance of cancer and also it may have possible ties to Alzheimer disease. The information around that people are spreading is not well thought out. The research that is available to me on the net states that little is known about this stuff, but it is helpful. I have a lot more thinking about this and more studying and personal testing for side effects before I can say more. I don't think cancer is actually what they think it is myself, the fact that it gets out of control and doesn't die off when it is supposed to is the problem. The research I am reading shows me that people are tending to be going in the wrong direction. I can't say much more till I read another hundred or so research articles.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver
reply to post by Rodinus
 


im not as old as you but i always say your as old as you feel...and happiness is the key to youth...live every day to its fullest, find love that's not just skin deep,..enjoy every sunrise, every cup of coffee, every full moon, take in the beauty the world has to offer, if you have a chance you'll never have again take it (i.e cliff diving in Hawaii) even if your frightened!!! don't be to serious, have good hobbies and keep good company...and take nothing for granted!

but i look forward to the day i can tell some wipper snapper
'old age and treachery beats youth and skill'

-.peace


Lovely words daughter and bang on the spot... this is normally what i would say too, but just having one of those oldie days i guess


Kindest respects

Rodinus



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus
 
Rodinus every time I look in the mirror I get the distinct feeling that rather than seeing my own reflection I am instead looking through a window- and my mother is staring back at me! All I can say is thank goodness Mom is a good looking old broad!



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
So... how do you folks feel when you suddenly realise that you are not getting any younger?

Every day that goes by I know I am one day closer to getting of this rock and out of this disease ridden body. So I have no trouble with getting older. I'm looking forward to the release that comes at the end of this life ...



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think that when you see a person such as your partner on a daily basis, you don’t tend to notice the ageing process so much…

The last time I truly realised I was getting older and looking older was when I went to see an old friend of mine. I am 48 and we were in the same year at school together, but I hadn’t seen him for about 15 years, but when I did see him I was truly shocked at how much he had changed..

But as soon as I looked at him I instantly knew that he was looking at me and thinking exactly the same thing as what I was thinking. It’s as though you are readjusting your old picture image and updating with the new image before you…

In your mind you are the same person apart from the odd aches and pains, but the exterior tells a very different story. Like you also said in your opening thread, I also was pogo-ing to the Sex Pistols, along with another host of bands such as The Jam, which just seems as though it was all in the blink of an eye…

Personally, I think I am getting more beautiful as the years go by, he said lyingly…..hahah



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Rodinus
 
Rodinus every time I look in the mirror I get the distinct feeling that rather than seeing my own reflection I am instead looking through a window- and my mother is staring back at me! All I can say is thank goodness Mom is a good looking old broad!





I wish I looked more like my dad he's 70+ and still gets chatted up at the super market
Lucky old git

Cody



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well physically I'm in great shape. I'm stronger than most 20 year olds Faster than them. Could probably give the lot of them a ruddy good hiding!... But mentally I feel totally burned out at 42. I'm in desperate need of change. Apart from that. I'm not really that bothered about ageing



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46
 


Yeah Doc but it's a rough time for you
I'd recommend a good old blow out at a music festival for a weekend, get to meet new people and drink the blues away for a couple of days

Cody



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 


A couple of days.. I were thinking more a month!



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This song kind of sums up how i feel about my getting old and wrinkly :



Kindest respects

Rodinus






top topics



 
11
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join