It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting old and wrinkly?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I'm in 70's, pushin 80 but still like to "rock" to my 80's favorites, dance around the house when legs permit, mess around in my gardens and go to car shows and concerts and the like. I guess I'm one of those ole fart types that just won't give up...it ain't over til it's over. .....or until the fat lady sings and I'm not that fat yet.
reply to post by shrevegal

You're an inspiration to me shrevegal

I'm always amazed at just how wrong I get it, when we first met here on ATS in my minds eye you were an early twenties lady with a zest for life and future of wonderment before you.

Even though I now know that you are are 'pushin 80' every time I see your avatar I smile and have have this picture in my head of a young girl dancing around her bedroom singing into her hairbrush with a big grin on her face getting ready to take on the world.

Thank you for that it's a wonderful thing to pop into my head

Cody

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
It's warming to the heart to read all of your posts here folks, thank you very much for sharing.

A big hug and /or virile handshake goes out to all you old and wrinklies... *runs upstairs to the bathroom to slap on some of Mrs Rs anti aging cream*... makes great hair gel!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I may need to borrow that Rod

I have a few wrinkles I guess, my forehead from these moments

Bags under my eyes (not too bad) from this moment

And wrinkles by my eyes from many many many of these moments

I carry every one as a badge of honour

Cody

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I'm like.... odd.

I just turned 40 and to me that number is just 'no ew get it away, deny deny!'
Maybe I'm very lucky but I have zero greys, constantly I get mistaken as my 18 yo son's girlfriend if we're out and about and no one knows I'm his mom - we had a job interview a few days ago for a factory job at Toyota (which we got, yay!!) and soon as the room full of people at the orientation found out he was my son, I got the usual "shut UP. You are NOT his mother! You can't be much older than 20 or 21!"

I just loathe the number attached to me. I get embarassed when I have to tell people that number. Still, I'm grateful for whatever dna and genes I have. (was adopted so I have NO idea who my birthparents are). I found an old high school pic of me taken before graduation in 91 and, aside from the big 90's hair, it looks as if it were taken a month ago, not 22 years ago.

I have been a smoker of cigs since 92.
well, I suppose it's kind of awesome that I'm not aging at all, save with a number increase every 365 days. When I'm 80 and look 30, I'll be thrilled.

I would like some boob lifting surgery though.
THOSE seem '40'.
stupid boobs.

But yeah, the day I start 'looking old', I'm going to freak out. I already get offended when the boyfriend tells people, "She's 40!" It's like dude, I have the mindset of a 22 year old. Stop saying I'm 40. That's disgusting. I'm a gamer, I write fanfiction, I freakin' am more at the mindset of 25 year olds, seriously. I have NOTHING in common with many people of my generation. They're too 'mom and dad' like in a way. Stop saying I'm 40. Do you want me to tell people "He's 90!" when you're only 57? Didn't think so, bro. Didn't think so.

It's offensive, even if it IS my 'real age'. I don't look it, don't act it, dun care.
edit on 23-6-2013 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
Hi guys,Yep, getting old can be sucky but I always feel like growing old is a state lf mind. No matter how crappy my ole arse feels, I try and keep it movin one way or another. Wrinkles? I won't allow it....wierd thing but I keep telling myself I just will not/cannot accept wrinkles and so far so good. Oh, for sure i got some "loose meat" as Roseanne Barr used to say...but not too bad. When husband was in that 3 month coma, I "refused" to give energy to the thought that he would die...and he didn't and came out of it and came home.

I'm in 70's, pushin 80 but still like to "rock" to my 80's favorites, dance around the house when legs permit, mess around in my gardens and go to car shows and concerts and the like. I guess I'm one of those ole fart types that just won't give up...it ain't over til it's over.
.....or until the fat lady sings and I'm not that fat yet.

My main thing is I'm very strict with my posture...straight up spine, and I think that helps from getting that bent over kinda dealy and helps the bones stay working right too. Slathering a bunch of skin cream on at nite helps too...I've only slid outta bed a few times.

The main thing of all that seems to discourage wrinkles and old age I've found...is easy and free stuff....like smiling a lot, being kind and most of all, keeping a good sense of humor....even thru the tuff times in life. Sense of humor is key tho. Hugs to all. Stay cool, stay sweet, and stay young all!

Oh I just LOVE you. I kind of feel like you do. NO wrinkles EVER. And yes, I have a great sense of humor, I don't let stress own me, I always look for the positive in things, I help others feel better about themselves and that makes me feel so happy when they get that 'a-ha' moment, I try to be as kind and loving and understanding as I possibly can, all the time.

I'm thinking that's the trick given I look almost 20 years younger than I really am.

I'll take the sitting up straight thing to heart though. I usually sit relaxed against the couch like a teen would haha.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I've recently turned 50. Every wrinkle, laugh line, smile line, frown line, grey hair, white hair has been earned!

Why hide it or be ashamed of it?

Be proud!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Rodinus

I've recently turned 50. Every wrinkle, laugh line, smile line, frown line, grey hair, white hair has been earned!

Be proud!

Happy belated birthday Beezer.

No, im not hiding it or ashamed of getting old and wrinkly, that was just the day that My darling spouse decided that she would stick the dagger deep into my neck

I'm looking forward to my 50th actually and hopefully a mega party too!

I will get my own back on her when she turns 40... bwahahaha and offer her a new accessory for putting her makeup on :

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 23-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Pic added

edit on 23-6-2013 by Rodinus because: C rap spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Rodinus

Be proud!

Happy belated birthday!, dear Beezer!
I think I'm so 'anti aging' because to me that kind of symbolizes 'getting closer to the end of life'. My grandparents all were feeble and wheelchair bound and hard of hearing and white hair and stuff from 70 and on and I just have a very very difficult time imagining and accepting myself ending up that way in 30 short years. Though I'm not blood related, it just really really frightens me. I wish I could stay 25-30 forever and I know obviously it's impossible.
I'm sure at some point I'll embrace it as we all have things we'll 'never accept/never like/never stop doing' and yet bam - time goes by as it does and we find ourselves just fine with what's going on. We find those 'nevers' really don't matter too much in the long run.

Well, it's 5:20 am and I should probably get to bed. I'm a night owl xD I do try to get at least 8 hrs sleep a ni...er...day.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Cheers and thanks!

My bride turned 44 and is bemoaning her fate. She states that men get better looking as they age, women just look older.

I keep telling her that the best looking women are the ones that don't give a sh## HOW they look or how OLD they look.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Never be afraid to grow old.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Happy birthday beez
Sorry I missed it

Cody

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I never really celebrated. Just another day, in my humble.

I try to be too busy enjoying life than to mark its passing.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh wise and humble one

I bow at the great rabbit's feet
My gift for your birthday

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join