It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Here are some day after photos unedited and the palm trees are father apart.

www.corbisimages.com...=1&q=Michael+Hastings+accident

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Here are some day after photos unedited and the palm trees are father apart.

www.corbisimages.com...=1&q=Michael+Hastings+accident

It's not pulling up. Can you try again?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

www.corbisimages.com...

Search for

michael hastings car accident

Some reason I can't link the searched page. You will have to do the search yourself.

I find this one interesting.

edit on 22-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks. I tried again last night and couldn't pull up any images but this morning it worked. Did you notice the cone placed over the broken hydrant? Where is that cone in the later photos?

And you can see the shopping center is farther down the street. Now, those two trees closer to the shopping center look like it could be the location of the burnt car in the later photos. Did they move the car there? If so, why?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by windword

goo.gl...

The lamp post isn't in the meridian, in the middle of the street. It's across the street from the "psychic".

Thank you for that. Looking at the google map is making me alittle loopy but I do see the post. Just not sure about the spacing between the palm trees. Dang, makes me wish I lived there so I could see for myself!

One of the problems with pictures and videos....distance perception etc can get a little weird. In all the videos I have watched regarding Daley Plaza and the JFK assassination I had developed a "clear" perception as to the distances involved and the size of the plaza.
When I moved to Dallas, of course, Daley Plaza was one of my first weekend trips....I was absolutely shocked by how small it is. ALL the distances were less than what I had pictured in my mind. I sincerely believe I could have hit Kennedy in the head having 3 shots to do it in, from the Book Depository.... The shot was not that difficult a one at all...
Even though in the picture it appears the engine block is like a couple hundred feet away, I would not be surprised if someone told me it was 50 feet away in reality. Not saying that is the case, just saying I would not be surprised to learn that.

That is one of the problems with trying to represent a 3d world in 2d...things may not always be as they seem. It is why I made the statement a while back in the thread that I could take any item from my living room or garage and shoot it from 2 different angles (and lighting) and could make it appear to be likely 2 different items.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks. I tried again last night and couldn't pull up any images but this morning it worked. Did you notice the cone placed over the broken hydrant? Where is that cone in the later photos?

And you can see the shopping center is farther down the street. Now, those two trees closer to the shopping center look like it could be the location of the burnt car in the later photos. Did they move the car there? If so, why?

Yes! In full view of bystanders they physically moved the car a few hundred feet down the street for pictures, and then hauled it off.

What would be the purpose of doing that and how could "they" possibly expect to get away with it, given the gawkers/witnesses? Puhleeeeease

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

The picture is obviously photoshopped.

But why? To protect the residents of the houses that were taken out of the picture? Any interested party can see those houses anyway, through Google or by driving by in person.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Interesting:

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) — The crash that killed journalist Michael Hastings was ruled an accident by police, but conspiracy theories continued to circulate on Friday. Hastings, 33, was killed in a fiery solo-vehicle crash in Hancock Park early Tuesday morning. He was best known for a 2010 Rolling Stone article that led to the resignation of Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who was the former U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan. Staff Sgt. Joseph Biggs told KTLA that he received an email from Hastings on Monday. Biggs had known Hastings since 2008, when the journalist was embedded in his unit in Afghanistan. “On Monday morning, I woke up and I got an email, and it’s very panicked,” Biggs said. He was blind-copied on the email, which was sent to Hastings’ colleagues. In part, it said that the feds were interviewing his close friends and associates, and that he was onto a big story and needed to get off the radar. The FBI has denied that Hastings was ever under investigation. “It alarmed me very much,” Biggs said. “I just said it doesn’t seem like him. I don’t know, I just had this gut feeling and it just really bothered me,” he said. The email was sent just before 1 p.m. on Monday, 15 hours before the deadly crash.Breaking news photographer Scott Lane happened to be less than a mile from the scene of the crash, and shot video of the fiery aftermath. Video taken from his car’s dashcam also caught what appeared to be Hastings’ Mercedes minutes before the crash, speeding through a red light. More than 30 seconds pass after Hastings’ car goes by, and no other cars pass through the intersection. “There’s no cars that are following him,” Lane said. “He flies by and 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds goes by… No cars are following him.” Still, the conspiracy theories continued on the Internet, and Biggs said he just wants to know the truth about what happened to his friend. “I’m going to be willing to help and do whatever I can and make sure that people look into this story and make sure they find out whatever happened.” Investigators were looking into whether Hastings’ car had a mechanical problem, or if he may have had a medical condition that caused him to crash, police said.
http://w ww.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/06/22/Dead-Journalist-Hastings-Sent-NSA-Need-To-Go-off-The-Radar-Email-Hours-Before-His-Death

Even though I have not been one of those claiming conspiracy, I found this to be very interesting. Wonder where this will eventually lead?

edit on 23-6-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

But why? To protect the residents of the houses that were taken out of the picture? Any interested party can see those houses anyway, through Google or by driving by in person.

So...you are claiming the crash scene was moved? or that pictures were photoshopped? I interpreted your earlier post to mean that the crash scene had been moved, which would be ludicrous.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No. I don't think that the crash site was moved. I think the background of this picture was photoshopped, for some reason. I just don't know the reason.

edit on 23-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Image from crash scene. Not photo shopped.

Image from scene clearly photo shopped.

Can you see the difference?

Image not photo shopped.

This image is photo shopped.

< br />
Can you see the difference?

And all the photos show the exhaust system still laying on the ground behind the vehicle. So they did not move the vehicle.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

reply to post by JBA2848

Yes! In full view of bystanders they physically moved the car a few hundred feet down the street for pictures, and then hauled it off.

What would be the purpose of doing that and how could "they" possibly expect to get away with it, given the gawkers/witnesses? Puhleeeeease

I'm just not sure it's the same car. The car in the video still has the driver door intact without fire mangling it, even after the fire was put out. The photos later on show the driver's side door clearly mangled and burnt. What are they hiding?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

goo.gl...

The lamp post isn't in the meridian, in the middle of the street. It's across the street from the "psychic".

Thank you for that. Looking at the google map is making me alittle loopy but I do see the post. Just not sure about the spacing between the palm trees. Dang, makes me wish I lived there so I could see for myself!

One of the problems with pictures and videos....distance perception etc can get a little weird. In all the videos I have watched regarding Daley Plaza and the JFK assassination I had developed a "clear" perception as to the distances involved and the size of the plaza.
When I moved to Dallas, of course, Daley Plaza was one of my first weekend trips....I was absolutely shocked by how small it is. ALL the distances were less than what I had pictured in my mind. I sincerely believe I could have hit Kennedy in the head having 3 shots to do it in, from the Book Depository.... The shot was not that difficult a one at all...
Even though in the picture it appears the engine block is like a couple hundred feet away, I would not be surprised if someone told me it was 50 feet away in reality. Not saying that is the case, just saying I would not be surprised to learn that.

That is one of the problems with trying to represent a 3d world in 2d...things may not always be as they seem. It is why I made the statement a while back in the thread that I could take any item from my living room or garage and shoot it from 2 different angles (and lighting) and could make it appear to be likely 2 different items.

Yes, I can understand that. I live in Dallas myself and have been to Dealy Plaza many times. But that event happened almost 50 years ago and technology is much more advanced now.

The problem with Hasting's accident is that photos appeared tampered with, the car itself looks different, and some trees seem to be missing.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by JBA2848

No need for sarcasm. You can see for yourself the video and the photos are different. There was also a tow truck already there when the car was on fire. The car could'vet been hauled away immediately after the fire and a different car placed at the scene. I am not saying it happened but it's possible.

As far as witnesses go, at least one only spoke broken english (and has an FBI case file no.) and another refused to be interviewed. At 4:15 in the morning there aren't that many witnesses out there. A lady witness said she felt like a bomb went off and her windows rattled. Looking at the video it doesn't look like a crowd of people are out there.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So...you are claiming the crash scene was moved? or that pictures were photoshopped? I interpreted your earlier post to mean that the crash scene had been moved, which would be ludicrous.

I was the one who questioned if the car had been moved. Now I am questioning both the location AND the car. In the video it shows that the car clearly hit the tree, the car appears wrapped around it. The driver's side of door is intact, not burning into a mangled mess. The later photos show the car along side of the tree, not wrapped around it, and you can see the front end of the car past the tree itself. And the driver's side door is mangled. Why? Are they trying to hide evidence? Evidence of what?

There are some articles questioning the same thing so I am not alone in my thinking.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I was the one who questioned if the car had been moved. Now I am questioning both the location AND the car. In the video it shows that the car clearly hit the tree, the car appears wrapped around it. The driver's side of door is intact, not burning into a mangled mess. The later photos show the car along side of the tree, not wrapped around it, and you can see the front end of the car past the tree itself. And the driver's side door is mangled. Why? Are they trying to hide evidence? Evidence of what?

There are some articles questioning the same thing so I am not alone in my thinking.

Gee I dunno...maybe they used the jaws of life on the door to retrieve the corpse from the wreck? Otherwise, how would you go about removing the corpse?

Camera angles, different lenses and different lighting can produce a wide variety of effects that will "distort" perceptions produced when capturing 3 dimensions on 2.

Personally...I am beginning to think perhaps the govt was involved, but not for the ... obtuse... observations related to the photos. Please guys...ask a professional photographer to look at the pics and then bring intelligent discussion into the foray.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You are right about the 'jaws of life' being used and I am actually glad you said that because I asked my friend's husband about it. He has been a firefighter for 15 years and has used it several times to get people out trapped in their cars. His conclusion (or rather observation) is that they did use 'jaws of life' but that he didn't think it would cause that burned out look to the car. It's a burnt, mangled mess. Jaws of life CUT through the car's metal and would have looked cleaner than that. The video shows the driver side door intact after the fire was extinguished. But he did back off from saying it wasn't possible to look that way.

So..draw your own conclusions.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

They did use the Jaws of Life. In this picture the item the fireman is holding with the hoses attached is the Jaws of Life. I know Mercedes has a PDF for each car and proper Technics for using the Jaws of Life to open the car up after a accident.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Very good. Thanks for the photo, did not see this before.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

...Personally...I am beginning to think perhaps the govt was involved, but not for the ... obtuse... observations related to the photos. Please guys...ask a professional photographer to look at the pics and then bring intelligent discussion into the foray.

Your question (regarding the photos) was already answered about 6 posts above your "question/jab". (here's a shortcut - www.abovetopsecret.com... )
If you take the time to review the photos he linked, it should be obvious.
If that isn't good enough for you - you might look at another post, in another thread...here - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join