It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

www.monitoringtimes.com...

Listening in Los Angeles Southern California scanner listeners also have local laws to contend with. The City and County of Los Angeles both have ordinances dealing with scanners. In Los Angeles County a 1944 law still on the books makes it an infraction equip any vehicle with, or operate any vehicle equipped with, a short wave radio receiver. The ordinance defines a short wave radio receiver as any radio receiver or other device capable of receiving messages or communications transmitted on any radio transmission station operating on a frequency between 1600 kilocycles and 2500 kilocycles, or on a frequency between 30 megacycles and 40 megacycles, or between 150 megacycles and 160 megacycles. Similarly, the City of Los Angeles in two local ordinances restricts the use of scanners within the city limits. First, SEC. 52.44 titled "Willfully listening to Police and Fire Departments portable radio messages prohibited" makes it unlawful for any person to willfully listen by means of any radio receiving device located in or upon any vehicle to any official message which is being transmitted by the Police Department or Fire Department of the City of Los Angeles or any law enforcement agency over a radio transmitting station owned or operated by such city or agency. The City ordinance does not apply to persons to whom a permit to listen to such radio messages has been issued in writing by the Chief of Police of the City of Los Angeles. And those permits are completely discretionary, which means they may be issued after he determines that public interest will be served by the issuance of such permit but don’t have to be issued. The City law does not apply by its own language to any officer, agent, or servant of any government agency or public utility, the performance of whose duty as such officer, agent or servant, requires that he listen to such messages. The City of Los Angeles, like the State of California, also prohibits listening for financial or, most certainly, criminal advantage. Its Sec. 52.46 titled "Use of Short Wave Radios" provides that “[n]o person who intercepts, overhears or receives any message or communication transmitted by any radio transmission station operating upon a wave length or radio frequency assigned by the Federal Communication Commission for use by any police or law enforcement department shall, for the financial benefit of himself or another communicate such message or communication to another or directly or indirectly use the information so obtained.”

And when it comes to attaching items to transformers and bridges it is illegal.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valenz
I wonder - Is there a some kind of a symbolic Zionist (in our face) meaning behind all of this? Doesn't it seem rather unusual to behold an obviously observant orthodox Jew in partial regalia "out front" (literally and figuratively) at 4 a.m. helping the 'authorities' put out a blaze that's actually none of his business. I mean - this image has been seen around the world by many millions.

I had pointed to this earlier on in the thread by sardonically referring to the uselessly "water spraying rabbi," because it occurs that he's actually feeding the fire rather than helping to extinguish it. So I'll ask it again. Why is the yarmulke wearing "Frum" (Goggle it) feeding a gasoline fire with water? Even though he might not realize the absolute stupidity of his actions, why is he even acting as though he's making a contribution by pretending to be a fireman? Is he not even aware that he's interfering with an accident investigation at the very least? Furthermore, why is no one else at the scene making any effort at stopping him?

Living in this area of L.A., I know there is a huge ortho Jew community, given this I don't think there is anything out of the ordinary about him being there, he probably lives there.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

But it is strange that there are two identical Mercedes at that house.

goo.gl...
edit on 21-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That's peculiar! So is the missing fire hydrant and grill rail. I wish I could give you applause for your contribution to this thread!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

All that ordinance states is that it is illegal to mount a scanner in your vehicle, not that it is illegal to have a portable scanner. Please understand what you are reading it will help you in the long run. It specifically states "mounted in or on vehicle" portable scanners are not mounted and neither are scanner apps for smartphones which is most likely what they were using.

Not to mention i specifically stated that PRESS and Private Investigators are exempt from the ordinance.

Attaching a small removable sign is a minor offense. Otherwise everyone who posted a lost pet or missing person sign, ad for an event, etc would be getting locked up.

You're making a mountain from a mole hill to try and find a conspiracy. Not everything is a conspiracy, accidents happen and so do random events, every single day.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I will requote for you.

"Willfully listening to Police and Fire Departments portable radio messages prohibited" makes it unlawful for any person to willfully listen by means of any radio receiving device located in or upon any vehicle to any official message which is being transmitted by the Police Department or Fire Department of the City of Los Angeles or any law enforcement agency over a radio transmitting station owned or operated by such city or agency.

device located in or upon any vehicle.

And when it comes to the graffiti they put up. It is a larger issue when some one tampers with a bridge or a power transformer. I am sure the Patriot act probably would classify you as a terrorist. Not saying they should but the point is where they are putting these pictures. Remember the LED flashing guy they put all over that caused the police to run around the city to take them down thinking they were bombs or something?

edit on 21-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Those are electronic signs not a wooden placard with a painting on it.

Paparazzi use scanners all the time, as well as private investigators. Their press pass and investigators license exempt them from the ordinance. It's not uncommon, just like this accident. Both happen every single day all over the country, and world.

If this guy wasn't a journalist you wouldn't give any of this a second thought. So far there's been nothing suspicious especially given the hour the accident occurred as a large portion of single vehicle accidents occur between 11pm and 5am.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
Those are electronic signs not a wooden placard with a painting on it.

Ok, so what?

Paparazzi use scanners all the time, as well as private investigators. Their press pass and investigators license exempt them from the ordinance. It's not uncommon, just like this accident. Both happen every single day all over the country, and world.

You are very quick to write anything that is challenged off, but what is wrong with asking a few questions if everything is so in order and so peachy? Exactly what harm will be done by discussing this tragedy? I don't see any harm in it, cause that is what we do here at ATS.

If this guy wasn't a journalist you wouldn't give any of this a second thought.

Well thank you for telling us all about what he, and the rest of us, would think.

So far there's been nothing suspicious especially given the hour the accident occurred as a large portion of single vehicle accidents occur between 11pm and 5am.

So what if accidents regularly occur during those hours of the morning, that would be the perfect time for a set up to happen, no? Not saying it did, cause I am not sure what happened here as of yet, but don't try and scare folks here from continuing the debate cause that just makes you come across as being a yes man robot for those who don't like this subject to be discussed here any longer. Guess what, it's going to continue to be discussed here.

With that being said, it's not personal, but state your opinion on the matter, and include any facts, links or any other proof that backs up your position and that is all you need to do here my friend. That is what everyone else does no matter what side of the fence they are on. Just as the fence sitters will do the same as well.

Nothing is over. Nope, not yet. Nothing my friend. ~$heopleNation

edit on 21-6-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Like I said this happens every single day multiple times a day, I don't see threads on all of those accidents. Why? Because no one cares to give it a second look when it's an ordinary schmo. The only reason people want to find a conspiracy is because this guy was a journalist.

There were 6 fatal single vehicle accidents within a 90 mile radius of me tonight alone, I don't see 6 new threads about them and every one of them was on the 11 o'clock news tonight. But the people driving weren't "important" enough for any of you to care.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

There were 6 fatal single vehicle accidents within a 90 mile radius of me tonight alone, I don't see 6 new threads about them and every one of them was on the 11 o'clock news tonight. But the people driving weren't "important" enough for any of you to care.

Holy carp! Where do you live? Fatal car accidents are always reported in our local news. I've never heard of that many in one day in that small of a radius.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Florida. 3 were elderly folks, 2 college kids and 1 a mom with her 2 young kid's. Driving distance from me a few were farther than 90 miles but geographically they were within 90 miles, just no roads going straight there.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

YIKES! And I thought California drivers were bad!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I bet this happened!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Ha! When it rains here you'd think it was an ice storm the way people drive.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This reminds me of the deaths of Princess Diana and Austrian populist Georg Haider. People need to learn about the dangers of driving these new computerized cars.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
me thinks the general has gotten his revenge, yes he has.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The engine was only a few feet in front of the vehicle? He ran to the vehicle where did the tow truck come from? No talk about green barricade or water gushing up from the ground that he hit before landing next to the tree. And why does this guy have a FBI case file number? FBI: 3029EB3?

mugshots.com...

Jose Luis Ortiz Unpublish Mugshots.com ID: 6606834 Gender: Male Age: 37 Height: 5′ 10″ (1.78 m) Weight: 160 lb (73 kg) Race: WHITE Hair Color: BLACK Eye Color: BROWN Citizen: N/A COB: N/A Booking Number: 0024180 SOID: 229252 State ID: 508282 FBI: 3029EB3 Location: MAIN Housing Section: N/A Housing Block: N/A Cell Assigned: N/A Bed: N/A Booking Date: 10/08/2000 Release Date: 8/29/2001 County: SALT LAKE Names / Aliases: JOSE A HERNANDEZ-GALINDO JAVIER HERNANDEZ-ORTIZ JAVIER HERNANDEZ JAVIER ORTIZ HERNANDEZ JOSE HERNANDEZ JOSE LUIS HERNANDEZ PEDRO HERNANDEZ ORTIZ HERNANDEZ JAVIER JOSE LUIS JOSE LUIS JOSE LUIS-HERNANDEZ JAVIER MARTINEZ JUOSE MARTINEZ JAVIER ORTIZ-HERNANDEZ JOSE LUI ORTIZ-HERNANDEZ JAVIER ORTIZ JOSE ORTIZ JOSE LUIS ORTIZ LUIS MARTINEZ-HERNANDEZ TIOFILO RUBACAVA PEDRO RUBACLAVA TIOFIL RUBALCAVA-GALIN JAVIER RUBALCAVA JOSE RUBALCAVA TIOFIL RUBULCAVA-GALINDO

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz

Well that is because this is a conspiracy website and most likely none of those unfortunate souls were Journalists that exposed top secret information. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valenz

Originally posted by Foobler

Originally posted by Foobler
Good article here that breaks down the scene of the accident as it points to foul play:

jimstonefreelance.com...

That link has been updated by the way with more facts, photos, and tidbits.

Thanks very much for that update link.......it corroborates just about everything I have been posting here in this thread.

Here's but one example of the kinds of things I wanted to draw everyone's attention to in the thread - at the risk, of course, of being mocked. In referring to this photo (below) I said that they were "pretending"........according to the article indeed they were "pretending" and far more that I had at first realized.

Where's the big palm tree?
"Who threw my palm tree over the side?" Ensign Pulver: Captain, it is I, and I just threw your stinkin' palm tree overboard! Now what's all this crud about no movie tonight?

edit on 20-6-2013 by Valenz because: (no reason given)

Where's the lamp post? I see it in one photo but can't find it again in any other photos. Can anyone help me with this?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Optical illusion. it is in the back ground.

edit on 22-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join