It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Journalist Michael Hastings, best known for a Rolling Stone feature that led to the resignation of Gen. Stanley McChrystal, died early Tuesday in a car crash in Los Angeles, his employer said.

Neither the Los Angeles Police Department nor coroner's officials could immediately confirm whether Hastings was the victim of a single-car crash that occurred about 4:25 a.m. in the 600 block of North Highland Avenue. Police officials said it was the only vehicle fatality reported Tuesday morning in the city of Los Angeles.

The vehicle crossed a median, struck a tree and burst into flames in the Hancock Park area, LAPD Officer Christopher No said. The driver was prounounced dead at the scene.

Link

THis story is all over the internet right now. In all the comment sections anyone who brings up the possibility that it may not have been an "accident" is being lambasted as a "conspiracy theorist".
edit on 18-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

This couldnt have been an accident, he jumps over a median an crashes into a tree?
This was an assassination.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What a loss...and I mean it. He did some great work. His 10 tips to aspiring journalists was something I'd read and found useful enough to mentally file away. What a tragedy. I wonder what he was doing out at that time of the morning? Sleepy? Drinky? Hard to say....accidents happen but it sure is a shame to lose a good man like this in what was really the ascending stage of a very promising career.

R.I.P Mike Hastings.

He sure earned it from where he'd been and done to report news.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Perhaps the car was taken over by remote control.

Or, they slipped him a timed release drug that caused him to go unconscious.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

This was an assassination.

5 w..Who? Why? With? What? When?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
...Why can this not be just an accident? I confess, I don't know much about this... But isn't it conceivable that he lost control, and hit a tree... This kind of thing happens A LOT.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
sometimes accidents happen, well they just have too.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Crash scene photo

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I know the Obama Administration did not like him. We will have to see how many other notable journalists start mysteriously dying.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
He was quite an outspoken critic of the Obama administration and Rahm Emanuel. Wonder what he was investigating recently and more importantly, what he found out.

Michael Hastings: DOJ Probe Was Maneuver To Stop AP's Reporting

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yes, I am a member and Moderator of this conspiracy site.
But I'm generally skeptical about most things.
And this certainly could have been an accident.

I might also add that this young fellow probably had a few enemies.
ok, probably more than a few.

Too bad really. So young, and quite a go-getter from the things I have read by him, and about him.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

Well the way that journos have been wire-tapped and spied upon, who really knows? We don't know what he was working on but he did ruffle some feathers of some highly placed military people and some neo-cons.

The Runaway General
The Rolling Stone profile of Stanley McChrystal that changed history

'How'd I get screwed into going to this dinner?" demands Gen. Stanley McChrystal. It's a Thursday night in mid-April, and the commander of all U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan is sitting in a four-star suite at the Hôtel Westminster in Paris. He's in France to sell his new war strategy to our NATO allies – to keep up the fiction, in essence, that we actually have allies. Since McChrystal took over a year ago, the Afghan war has become the exclusive property of the United States. Opposition to the war has already toppled the Dutch government, forced the resignation of Germany's president and sparked both Canada and the Netherlands to announce the withdrawal of their 4,500 troops. McChrystal is in Paris to keep the French, who have lost more than 40 soldiers in Afghanistan, from going all wobbly on him.

"The dinner comes with the position, sir," says his chief of staff, Col. Charlie Flynn.

McChrystal turns sharply in his chair.

"Hey, Charlie," he asks, "does this come with the position?"

McChrystal gives him the middle finger.

Link

Not to mention it was a single-car accident. Single-car accidents, falls from several stories, suicides, and heart attacks by otherwise healthy people are a hallmark of wet work.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
THis story is all over the internet right now. In all the comment sections anyone who brings up the possibility that it may not have been an "accident" is being lambasted as a "conspiracy theorist".

False flag operation!

They paid an actor to impersonate Hastings and blew up the car with the actor still in it.

Hastings was the guy who brought down Stanley A. McChrystal three years ago. He was the neocons' man on the inside, and they never forgave him for getting caught.

Now that he's 'dead' they can do what they like with him...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I know the Obama Administration did not like him.

Proof please.

The Obama administration had every reason to like him after he nailed McChrystal.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Crash scene photo

That doesn't look like an accident.

Looks more like a controlled demolition using nano-thermite.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join