It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World exclusive: Iran will send 4,000 troops to aid Bashar al-Assad’s forces in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Hijinx

Iran can take 72 troops in theirs, the globemaster can take 100 Not that far behind you really.

They have to land the troops somewhere too....
Spares for US built aircraft may be hard to come by in iran.....
The rebs by now have some stingers and the prospect of more as well as the relative airport situation may make the transfer a worse problem than anticipated, not to mention a no fly zone may be declared very soon.
Just saying....
The main airport was under attack not long ago too....
How many planeloads is 4000 troops?
many many....Im sayin logistics may be a sticky wicket.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I hope Iran sends more troops to help.
I dont understand what the problem with Assad is and why America wants him gone.
Its like Muammar Gaddafi he was fine and his country was doing fine until the "civilized world" stepped in.
Damn shame Gaddafi was murdered.
I actually like what Assad has to say about a lot of topics and he makes far more sense than the western leaders.
Be a shame to see him murdered too.

Why do we always kill the leaders who are doing fine holding their own countries together?
Let them sort out there internal conflicts and let us sort out our own i say.
If the people want freedom or whatever version of it they like...then they will make it happen sooner or later.
They dont need the western world sticking our noses in their business.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I wonder how long it will take before those 4k soldiers intentionally trigger a war with Israel?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXSvenXx
I hope Iran sends more troops to help.
I dont understand what the problem with Assad is and why America wants him gone.
Its like Muammar Gaddafi he was fine and his country was doing fine until the "civilized world" stepped in.
Damn shame Gaddafi was murdered.
I actually like what Assad has to say about a lot of topics and he makes far more sense than the western leaders.
Be a shame to see him murdered too.

Why do we always kill the leaders who are doing fine holding their own countries together?
Let them sort out there internal conflicts and let us sort out our own i say.
If the people want freedom or whatever version of it they like...then they will make it happen sooner or later.
They dont need the western world sticking our noses in their business.

March 1949

Assad is the by product (created, wanted, wished , hoped he'd be everything they needed him to be, a worse off tyrant then themselves) of American Foreign Policy.

Pieces that were set in place like Gaddafi, Hussein, long ago , only to be removed when the Time was right.

Think of the antiquities IRAQ SYRIA IRAN hold dealing with Sumerian, Mesopotamian, Babylonia, The cradle of Life, Birth place of Abraham, All historically accurate and within the middle east.

They are trying to control information that will expose the cover up of the millennium, and these countries hold historical documents, texts, artifacts that will expose the biggest LIE ever conned on man.
edit on 16-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I was afraid of this...

The "Arab Spring" is turning into a Arab nightmare.

Fine with me. Weak Arab states are good news for the West.

We shouldn't get involved. Let them destroy each other.

We shouldn't get involved? Umnmmmm... what planet do you live on because the world I live in not only are we involved but we've been involved for decades upon decades upon decades upon decades & so on..

You might even say the west propelled the Middle East into the crazy extremist land it's become so to say something as ignorant as "let them destroy each other" is pretty much just your completely uniformed opinion that does not reflect reality.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I was afraid of this...

The "Arab Spring" is turning into a Arab nightmare.

Fine with me. Weak Arab states are good news for the West.

We shouldn't get involved. Let them destroy each other.

We shouldn't get involved? Umnmmmm... what planet do you live on because the world I live in not only are we involved but we've been involved for decades upon decades upon decades upon decades & so on..

You might even say the west propelled the Middle East into the crazy extremist land it's become so to say something as ignorant as "let them destroy each other" is pretty much just your completely uniformed opinion that does not reflect reality.

We can finish what "they" started by changing "their" plans, opposing what "they" wish to create.

History is built upon layers, so is what I am alluding to.

Who says being simple is not as complex as it sounds?

When you live and are apart of this world, you may begin to realize that everything is connected in some way or form of separation. Politics is a world wide game and we are all apart of it, even if some people choose to give up their voice to elected officials to represent themselves, in a deceiving manner.

It has been said in various ways throughout our past that the control will always reside in the masses if they collectively accept the power they have together. If the People let these events happen world wide, that are deemed unjustified and unwarranted, then precedent has been made on what the masses have agreed upon as acceptable.

So leaves you with two variations of the same question.

When is enough, enough?

What can we continue to get away with?
edit on 16-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: if

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So...our government, seeing that their lies have been exposed and the American people are ready to tear down their towers...decides to start a war. You know, we can't dismantle our government when we are at war...right? So we leave them in place until the war is over. And then, win or loose, all the scandals are forgotten. If we loose...who cares about Obama's lies. If we win, he is a hero. Yeah...sounds like a plan to me. It should only cost millions of lives but they don't care about that. Never had...never will.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This, Iran's decision to send support to Assad's regime in Syria, is a response to a major destabilization of the region undertaken by the United States, using various Islamist dissident groups as cover in the countries affected.

The end result of these American initiatives will be WW3, if they are persisted in.

In old time statecraft the buffer state was used to keep major adversaries separated. The buffer state was the proverbial canary in the coal mine. Countries rightly regarded threats to a buffer state as threats to themselves and would very often move to assist the buffer state in trouble. That is what Iran and Russia have been doing.

All the talk in the press about slaughter in the streets, use of chemical weapons, necessity to remove a dictator to install democracy, threats to Israel, etc., is part of the cover for US aggression in the region, aggression which is ultimately aimed at Russia and China.

In the corridors of power in Washington I am sure that the mephistophelian designers of US foreign policy have long since discarded the notion of the utility of the buffer state, at least in their sales promotions of the new strategy of broad spectrum global dominance.

After all, in the age of the ballistic missile what use is a buffer state?

Well, anybody remember Cuba?

I think the United States is about to be reminded that the world outside NATO does not share America's trendy new views on the irrelevance of buffer state status in comparison to egregious civil rights abuses.

The State Department may be able to will tunnel vision on the American public and may be able to force its major trading partners to bend to its will in foreign policy matters, but after that . . . what do they have?

If the Assad regime goes down it will have to be replaced by a regime that pleases all in the area, including Iran and Russia and that is something the US does not want. If they can't get Assad out on their terms, that is succeeded by an American lackey, the Americans would prefer the next best thing, permanent chaos in the country. But that is something that Russia and Iran don't want.

This is where the new Iron Curtain comes down folks. Welcome to the new Cold War.
edit on 16-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Basically,ya.
Well qouted.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is freak'n insane. my god ... everyone really is taking sides and getting ready for the big one. Sunni and friends vs Shiite and friends. It's going to be a freak'n mess and explode over the whole area, perhaps even engage most of the world in this. Damn stupid!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
So...our government, seeing that their lies have been exposed and the American people are ready to tear down their towers...decides to start a war. You know, we can't dismantle our government when we are at war...right? So we leave them in place until the war is over. And then, win or loose, all the scandals are forgotten. If we loose...who cares about Obama's lies. If we win, he is a hero. Yeah...sounds like a plan to me. It should only cost millions of lives but they don't care about that. Never had...never will.

Exactly!

Perfect solution

Perfectly timed

Something had to come up (cooked or otherwise) to distract the American people from the scandals at hand.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

With that statement, what makes you any different or tolerant?

Kill them with kindness, touch their hearts, change their perspective, open their minds
edit on 16-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Putin warns U.S., West against arming organ-eating Syrian rebels

Russia sounds off concerning Syria. As I am sure as we all expected they are "all in".

Let us hope this does not lead to a widespread or even global conflict. It certainly seems to have the makings of one.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

There's something over there we want and it's not oil. I wish our government would just let those people be and if our government wont do it, the people need to stand up and do it themselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

This article is contradicting as heck. Says Britan can't interfere but then states they are discussing how to send guns in. Then how Obama needs to persuade Putin to join him. If anyone can do it, Obama can.

Maybe not a reliable source.

www.presstv.ir...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join