It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World exclusive: Iran will send 4,000 troops to aid Bashar al-Assad’s forces in Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It all sounds pretty congruent to me. Russia and Iran are all in. The US and UK are sending in goodies.

A quick quote from Putin

"If we speak calmly, in a businesslike fashion, let me draw your attention to the fact that Russia supplies arms to the legitimate government of Syria in full compliance with the norms of international law," he said. "We are not breaching any rules and norms. Let me emphasize that: we are not breaching any rules and norms, and we call on all our partners to act in the same fashion."

The part where he calls on all their partners to act in the same fashion is the buzz word. From here it sounds like upmanship and escalation.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Here's Ron Paul's take on it. Seems fairly comprehensive.

ronpaulinstitute.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
One again I agree with RP! While I do not condone the use of chemical weapons (if they were used) the US should back away from this and pursue diplomatic channels rather than force. This could quickly blow up in our faces ...and in a bad way.

I wonder if Congress has signed off on sending force/weapons to Syria. I know this may be old news but I found it recently

House Concurrent Resolution 107

I do believe this was in response to the Libya thing. Basically it put the President on notice concerning who holds the war powers.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It seems to me as if Russia, USA, and Iran are going to be using Syria as a war "game". I could be completely off base but really it would be the perfect way for all three countries to "flex their muscles" so to speak with minimal casualties.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by propagandi

I think that would be a "best case scenario". Potentially it could be Iran, Russia, Lebanon (Hezbollah), China, and N. Korea, not to mention every bored al qaeda and taliban fighter with nothing better to do. And don't forget Israel bombed Syria not long ago....Syria called it an act of war and has promised pay backs.....it is just on the back burner right now. They don't forgive and they don't forget.
edit on 17-6-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The whole world is turning into a nightmare, we have Europe mad at the U.S., Iran sending troops to Syria, and the U.S. getting involved as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx

It's about sticking Central banks into the countries, they don't give a # about what it takes or how many die.
I'm sure J P Morgan have already got the paper work in order.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

So the US uses armed drones to back up repressive regimes in Yemen and other ME countries, has a long history of training the forces of various repressive regimes in counter insurgency, torture, assassination, etc, and got massively involved in two civil wars, i.e. the Korean War and the Vietnam war, so I don't see how the US has any grounds for complaining about this action by Iran if it is true. In fact, the US helped to overthrow a democratically elected government in Iran in 1953, establishing the very oppressive regime of the Shah, which has led to the long-term troubles we have with Iran.

If Iran gets involved, let them. It might make them look bad like it always makes the US look bad when it gets involved in the domestic disputes of other countries.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The subject of this thread is "Iran will send 4,000 troops to aid Bashar al-Assad’s forces in Syria".

That's what members should be discussing. Obviously, wider implications for other nations in the region and those interacting with them are also part of that discussion and most of you have been doing that.

No matter what your point of view is you have a right to state it. So, go for it!

However, posts and discussions about where AC/DC may be playing, what nationality members may have or how good their English is, and other off-topic comments just derail the discussion. They're also annoying to members who have something useful to say.

Single-word posts like "Yes!" add nothing to the subject. If you want to agree with someone but have nothing more to say that relates to the topic, then just star their post. That's what the stars are for.

Calling members morons or similar and/or stating what nasty stuff you wish would happen to them is not only off-topic, it's a serious breach of the T&Cs. Further violations of this type may result in post bans.

Please discuss the topic, not other members!

Thank you.

edit on 17/6/13 by JustMike because: Coding glitch

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So basically this is a war based on 2 different types of one religion? Conflicts based on religion are getting boring now........

Common sense will prevail one day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join