It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The master numbers are 11, 29, 33. Those are the only ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

How can an idea be a distinct conscious entity? Are you speaking of the potencial of an ideaform becoming a possible conscious personality; lets just say you or me?

Are you actually reading my posts, or just skimming them? *raps knuckles with a ruler* now go back and start over! Read this time!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Terms and conditions may apply.

couldn't help it.

Aladdin:
Provisos? You mean limitations? On wishes? Huh. Some all-powerful Genie. Can't even bring people back from the dead. I don't know, Abu. He probably can't even get us out of this cave. Looks like *we're* gonna have to find a way outta here.

Genie:
Excuse me?
[scoffs]
Genie:
Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so SIT DOWN!
Aladdin (1992) - Quotes

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

How can an idea be a distinct conscious entity? Are you speaking of the potencial of an ideaform becoming a possible conscious personality; lets just say you or me?

Are you actually reading my posts, or just skimming them? *raps knuckles with a ruler* now go back and start over! Read this time!

Every other word and only the consonants, the other every word only the vowels. Of course I read your posts I only reply to the ones I disagree with so there you are.
edit on 9-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

If only that kind of stuff worked. Chances are, it'll just convince an already dubious supernatural hyperintelligent force that you don't deserve the favor it was considering not granting you.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
In an interesting and not altogether unexpected turn of events, AnthonyCooper has sobered up for a myriad of reasons and declared that his reasons for reverting were not religious at all! As such, his regression could be considered invalid. He claims that he never really reverted and is still an atheist. But for the time being, let's just forget about all that and continue on with the discussion. Just figured I'd throw that news in the mix.
edit on 9-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

In an interesting and not altogether unexpected turn of events, AnthonyCooper has sobered up for a myriad of reasons and declared that his reasons for reverting were not religious at all! As such, his regression could be considered invalid. He claims that he never really reverted and is still an atheist. But for the time being, let's just forget about all that and continue on with the discussion. Just figured I'd throw that news in the mix.
edit on 9-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Cell phone number, I could minister to him as a giant furry plush toy (spoofer) given away at the carnival as a prize. I could be Abomidable Snowman, King Kong Gorilla, anything hed like, the booth would have been the challenge of knocking over lead crucifixes with a 'real and true' golgatha skull.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Chances are, it'll just convince an already dubious supernatural hyperintelligent force that you don't deserve the favor it was considering not granting you.

I did watch that cartoon you embedded with the air plane. I'll double check to see if I starred it.

But your discussion with piequal3because14 was concerning the 10 Commandments you posted. That inspired me to do my own. posted to The new 10 commandments thread. Notice the preamble: Instead of "I Am YHWH your God who ..." it's "I have noticed...", from there it's a one for one rewrite.

The New Ten Commandments
What the heck, might as well follow the old format.

I have noticed that I am a human living among humans, therefore as far as is practical;

1) I shall not consider the pantheons of others to be superior to my own.

2) I probably won't bow down to art, it would seem strange to start doing something that I've never done before. Art is to be appreciated. Sometimes I will appreciate some works of art and sometimes not so much, depending on mood and circumstances.

3) I'll try to use the names in such a way as to not confuse people about which gods I'm talking about.

4) I'll be productive when I'm feeling most energetic, like early morning, and take breaks as much as necessary.

5) I'll try not to disgrace my family. I realize though that some expectations are just so limiting that I just might disappoint someone. It's really up to them to realize the difference between me disgracing and them being disappointed. They aren't synonymous you know.

6) I won't do murder and neither will I condone it, even when it is considered legal by some supposed authority.

7) I will honor contracts and agreements that I have entered into with people, and I will not encourage people to disregard contracts that they have made with others.

8) I won't steal except when it's really necessary. I mean really necessary, not just convenient.

9) I will try to be as truthful about other people as possible, especially when life, property, or well being are at stake.

10) When I find myself coveting, I will try to evaluate whether I'm obsessing. Some obsessions should be minimized.

Signature here

I'm not going to sign this thing, because once I sign it, it just wouldn't be proper to change it, and I will change it as much as I want to. It's not like it's written in stone.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

You dont need a new '10 commandments' you only need the words, "obey the laws of the Lord your God",. Walk in his ways and FEAR him. For the lord your God is bringing you into a good land of brooks, pools, gushing springs valleys and hills, it is the a land of wheat and barley, of grape vines, etc (mind numbing platitudes follow), it is a land where iron is as common a stone, and copper is abundant in the hills,. When you have eaten your fill, bless the Lord your God for the Good land he has given you. But that is the time to be careful, Beware that in your plenty you dont forget the Lord your God and begin to DISOBEY HIM. For when you have become full and prosperous and have built the fine homes to live in and flocks have become large, Watch out that you dont become proud. 10 commandments simple from Deuteronomy 6 through 13--FEAR YOUR GOD as you are not so special and should recognise the awesome gifts bestowed upon you by a beneficient being. If you read the whole of Deuteronomy you could become a 'closet' atheist and I could hold no blame except for God himself the causation (foolish being that it was).

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

obey the laws of the Lord your God,

Suddenly, the scene from Erik the Viking popped into my head.

The Missionary says, "As our Lord said,"
The Vikings in unison say, "Your Lord."
The Missionary says, "Uh, yes, my Lord..."

10 commandments simple from Deuteronomy--FEAR YOUR GOD as you are not so special

That's why my first commandment is against regarding other people's gods above my own.

The Deuteronomy god is not in my Pantheon. I'll let the Jewish Israeli settler on Palestinian land explain:

If you read the whole of Deuteronomy you could become a 'closet' atheist

I've read Deuteronomy many times. If I was a closet atheist, I would definitely come out. I've stated many times that I'm a wannabe.
edit on 9-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Originally posted by pthena
obey the laws of the Lord your God,

pthena
Suddenly, the scene from Erik the Viking popped into my head.
The Missionary says, "As our Lord said,"
The Vikings in unison say, "Your Lord."
The Missionary says, "Uh, yes, my Lord..."

So the missionary says in confusion, Our lord, Your lord?? Are they not the same? Answer by the Vikings You or us our lord; and to whom are we speaking to/of and if between ourselves false let it not LEAVE THIS ROOM.

vethumanbeing
10 commandments simple from Deuteronomy--FEAR YOUR GOD as you are not so special

pthena
That's why my first commandment is against regarding other people's gods above my own.
I've read Deuteronomy many times. If I was a closet atheist, I would definitely come out. I've stated many times that I'm a wannabe.

You realize I am not an atheist, I just disagree and contest God, (the arguements have turned into screamfests). Who won? Why me, because I as God (human) can outmanneurver corner and outsmart this simpleton gasious form) as it is not of human flesh. Iam its creation. Nothing like the child cornering its parent. Regarding other persons Godform, is me rejecting my parent; asking it to qualify and quantify it AUTHORITY and thats not unusual at all at least as a youngster going through puberty called human life experience without a raft, oars or a tangible parent that helps instead of hinders and threatens.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You realize I am not an atheist,

Yes.

I just disagree and contest God,

That depends on what you mean by "God". You seem to be saying that you as a human are God, and that the gaseous has created the flesh. Are you also the gaseous? Are you fighting yourself?

Regarding other persons Godform, is me rejecting my parent; asking it to qualify and quantify it AUTHORITY

What Godform are you questioning?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by pthena

If only that kind of stuff worked. Chances are, it'll just convince an already dubious supernatural hyperintelligent force that you don't deserve the favor it was considering not granting you.

You have to believe in it to have causal effect, so you are safe.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

You realize I am not an atheist,

Yes.

I just disagree and contest God,

That depends on what you mean by "God". You seem to be saying that you as a human are God, and that the gaseous has created the flesh. Are you also the gaseous? Are you fighting yourself?

Regarding other persons Godform, is me rejecting my parent; asking it to qualify and quantify it AUTHORITY

What Godform are you questioning?

My parent as apparent. It abandoned me. Myself is of my parent, I as a human is godform, I am its expression as its child. I fight nothing but the ignorance of others not knowing what they are and their source (causation of beingingness). SELF EXPRESSION BY A GOD CONCEPT. You are it.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

SELF EXPRESSION BY A GOD CONCEPT. You are it.

If that is your message, then you have delivered it. You can take a break now and watch a movie or read a book or whatever you feel like doing.

"Folly, thou conquerest, and I must yield!
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain."

Friedrich Schiller's, "Die Jungfrau von Orleans" (The Maid of Orleans), Act III.
1801 historical play, about Joan of Arc,

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Well then, any movie? You get one choice, I get the other it would be a double bill, for one admittance each. Ill buy the popcorn you buy the Cokes. What movie in totality describes your human condition relating to a Godform; Wings of Desire (to start with).

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

Wow, kudos.

You converted someone from one belief that has no proof to another one that has no proof.

You say that like I care about your approval. Allow me to disillusion you: I don't.
edit on 15-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

AI is mad at God but he won't share why? Pray for his conversion people. God's grace can work on him.
Imagine, bragging about turning someone away from the faith. His friend did not know the faith, if he did,
he would not of left.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

What movie in totality describes your human condition relating to a Godform;

Unfortunately, I haven't seen a movie that does that totally.

Now if The Neverending Story had actually made the sequel correctly, according to the book, then I might have a contender. Sadly:

two sequels: The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter and The NeverEnding Story III: Escape From Fantasia.[1] The novel's author, Michael Ende, felt that this adaptation's content deviated so far from his book that he requested they either halt production or change the name; when they did neither, he sued them and subsequently lost the case.
The NeverEnding Story

In the book, after Bastian recreates Fantasia, he starts acting like people should know he's the creator, and give him all the respect that creators deserve.

He ends up in an insane asylum for creators, those who also had re-created Fantasia from time to time.

Moral of the story: If you must be solipsist at least make a stab at something like plenary metaphysical solipsism, meaning sure you may be a creator, but so are many others, you are not alone, it's a big World.

I will look at Wings of Desire now.
edit on 10-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Atheists are not happy, Atheist suicides are higher than people of faith. Atheism leads to depression and to suicide. Really, what is the point to life without God?

It would be good to share some conversion stories. The thought of Our Lord, of the Blessed Trinity, no matter the circumstance or cross in your life, God helps you carry your cross. Recall Jesus' suffering here, He knew ahead and still gave His fiat. Ask God in prayer to help you believe if you say no.

Jesus proclaims I am the way, the truth and the life. Believe. Our Lord established one faith, Roman Catholicism.

Sharing an article from Father Longenecker's site, Father is a convert to Catholicism.

+ + +

Suicide or Catholicism?

Mr. Evelyn Waugh has been misquoted as saying, “There are only two choices: suicide or Catholicism.” I believe what he really said was in a letter responding to a friend who asked why, if the Christian faith was supposed to make you happy, Waugh was such a miserable character. Waugh replied, “If it weren’t for my Catholic faith I would have committed suicide long ago.”

...However the thought (and the misquote about it) raises an interesting question–one linked with a more erudite and balanced expression of the same idea. In his Apologia Pro Vita Sua, Blessed John Henry Newman wrote,

"I came to the conclusion that there was no medium in true philosophy between atheism and Catholicism, and that a perfectly consistent mind, under those circumstances in which it finds itself here below must embrace either the one or the other". ...

www.patheos.com...

John 14:6-7
[6] Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. [7] If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also: and from henceforth you shall know him, and you have seen him.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

If you are perplexed why people have to choose one religion over another then you dont have much understanding of the doctrine that each religion teaches... for instance in Christianity the first commandment of the ten is "though shall not warship any other gods" ...hmmmm

a perfect god showing jealousy and vanity..

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join