It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

You are correct about one thing, human respect is worthless. People are fickle but not everyone is out to use
you AfterInfinity. And God is never a "user." He is the most loving refuge when people hurt you.

Never a user? Ha! Yeah, he's the "most loving refuge"...for a price. For just one soul and an oath of eternal fealty, you need no longer fear the injustice and pain of your fellow man - whose cruelties are induced by yet another of "God"s creations. God wouldn't be necessary if he just destroyed Satan. Maybe that's why Satan is still around, according to scripture? Because "God" couldn't stand to not be known! He would sacrifice our peace and harmony to be recognized in his full and perpetually ineffective omnipotence!

In short: "Worship me, so that I can save you from what I would do to you if you don't worship me!"

Makes perfect sense. Kinda. A little. If you squint really hard and try not to think about it.

Here's a video to underline my point here:

edit on 8-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Why don't you think of the fact that God loved you first? He created you. Choosing to deny Him, choosing evil over love and at the end of your life, how will you come to love Him who is the source of all love AI?

You gotta change now. Again, again, pray, get quiet and speak to God, ask Him for the grace to believe. He will answer your prayer. Let go of your chip or anger or whatever.

God is waiting for you. Why do you think most everyone loves the parable of the prodigal son? Reason, God the father is waiting for you with open arms. And I'll share again, it doesn't matter the small crosses here.

love,

colbe

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

In other words, you want me to ignore how the video makes so much sense and just stick my head in the sand along with the rest of you ostriches. Sorry, we have a motto here: deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Walk in his ways and FEAR him.

Funny, how you people equate fear with love and respect...people feared Voldemort. People feared the Nazis. Do we really want to fear our creator? Why should we? Is he gonna commit genocide if we don't - oh, wait...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Atheists are not happy, Atheist suicides are higher than people of faith.

I demand that you provide sources for that statistic.

Atheism leads to depression and to suicide. Really, what is the point to life without God?

Again, you speak of what atheism does without ever having been an atheism. I'm not a NASCAR driver, but I'm going to say that NASCAR leads one to be reckless and inconsiderate with their social and personal decisions. And I'm not going to provide any statistics for that claim either. Because obviously I'm just right. No need to question it.

Oh, and...what's the point to life with "God"?

edit on 10-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Walk in his ways and FEAR him.

Funny, how you people equate fear with love and respect...people feared Voldemort. People feared the Nazis. Do we really want to fear our creator? Why should we? Is he gonna commit genocide if we don't - oh, wait...

You people? WHAT people; I was quoting Deuteronomy. That 'them' person that have NO liking for (you are skimming the posts and not taking in the subtle OBVIOUS meaning). Not a big fan of Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter as I am not a juvenile, Fan of nazis today no, but Hitler the other hand a Great Vrill Magician and a big fan of the Nazis as the inventor. Who would reasonably want to fear a creator? Hundreds of Millions of people apparently worshiping different God concepts. Whats wrong with them, has God actually taken credit for genocide? NO not unless Man admits they acted with Gods consent and tacit approval (there would be one, The RCC claims it acted throughout history with Gods Grace) adapting paganism, becoming its own army of infiltrators and robber barons. No wonder the Knights Templar ultimately rejected them as corrupt and fatuous power mongers in the name of God. Its sick. (oh thats bordering on a rant my apologies).
edit on 10-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You people? WHAT people; I was quoting Deuteronomy. That 'them' person that have NO liking for (you are skimming the posts and not taking in the subtle OBVIOUS meaning).

No, you were supporting the message in that quote. Otherwise, you would have...oh, I don't know, clarified? It wasn't obvious, whatever you say. You quoted with absolutely no context of why you were quoting it or what you thought of it. Don't blame my misunderstanding on me; I just figured you'd do the sensible thing and post something that supported your stance. Maybe that wasn't the case, and I apologize for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Not a big fan of Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter as I am not a juvenile, Fan of nazis today no, but Hitler the other hand a Great Vrill Magician and a big fan of the Nazis as the inventor.

I believe juvenile fiction has just as much to offer in terms of sentiments and moral lessons as any religious text. I don't even understand what those other references were, but that's nothing new for you.

Who would reasonably want to fear a creator? Hundreds of Millions of people apparently worshiping different God concepts.

You tell me. You're the one quoting from the Bible.

Whats wrong with them, has God actually taken credit for genocide? NO not unless Man admits they acted with Gods consent and tacit approval

Oh, wait. A handful of people managed to survive so he had some humans to work with. Narrows down the roster quite a bit. Next, some one on one time so they understand exactly how badly he could whoop their butts if they even think about disobeying him.

Other than that, total genocide. Great flood and all that, remember? I mean, he could have avoided it, but obviously, hitting the rewind button and using those quick shortcuts that he obviously had in hand (being omnipotent and all) was just a little too much for his almighty majesty.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by butcherguy

Wow, kudos.

You converted someone from one belief that has no proof to another one that has no proof.

You say that like I care about your approval. Allow me to disillusion you: I don't.
edit on 15-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

AI is mad at God but he won't share why? Pray for his conversion people. God's grace can work on him.
Imagine, bragging about turning someone away from the faith. His friend did not know the faith, if he did,
he would not of left.

Colbe, everyone has the right to deny its creator, even in the less than spiritual, the gross matter parent. Nothing wrong with a 'good shaking of the tree and see what falls out'. I know why AI is mad at God, because it expects us to have 'faith' in it without revealing itself. We could be potencially 'worshiping' something that is not God at all, but its nemisis; how would you know? Those that are cynical and distrustful have every reason to be, because this is a Faith based tradition, and some are not wired for "worship" of an unknown.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I have seen Never Ending Story, its a great adventure into the unknown realms with so many twists and turns and unlikely continuances. For complete pathos? "BRAZIL' another good example of the human and its predicament, set in the future London a clerk deals with the 'system' of an insane bureauocracy of rubber stamping and again (nazilike) treatment of its realms inhabitants (this movie was a contributor to the birth of the SteamPunk Phenominon).

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That's part of it. This guy wants me to work at his store for the rest of my working career under the condition that I get $10,000,000 the day I retire...in contrast to this other guy who wants me to work at his store for about 8$ an hour and a 30% chance that each day will turn out to be a bad day on the job.

One guy is "God", the other guy isn't.

It isn't a hard choice.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

That's part of it. This guy wants me to work at his store for the rest of my working career under the condition that I get $10,000,000 the day I retire...in contrast to this other guy who wants me to work at his store for about 8$ an hour and a 30% chance that each day will turn out to be a bad day on the job. One guy is "God", the other guy isn't. It isn't a hard choice.

Suppose God is a panhandler, that offered you the job sitting next to him as the pretended legless one with the blind dog (he provides the appearance of a disability nocharge and the unfortunate dog). He is holding the sign "will work for a bath" (let me into your home to scope it). There is another; and is Gods brother, Satan, sitting on the other side scamming with the 'shell game' your job (if taken) to pretend to be a winner (you get 30% of all profits). Are you going to take the 30% gauranteed or the potencial of breaking and entering, much profit or the cost of being caught at it? God the missionary looking for shills, or Satan looking for souls 'satisfaction guaranteed'.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm not looking for more analogies. I'm just explaining that the Judaic deity's work standards aren't exactly what I look for in a paying job. I want more immediate satisfaction with less personal cost and more freedom of flexibility. After all, the "paying job" is my life. More or less, I want to be ME and not who my employer feels I should be. End of story.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I'm not looking for more analogies. I'm just explaining that the Judaic deity's work standards aren't exactly what I look for in a paying job. I want more immediate satisfaction with less personal cost and more freedom of flexibility. After all, the "paying job" is my life. More or less, I want to be ME and not who my employer feels I should be. End of story

Find a big bucks fatcat atheist that doesnt require you to work, you will support them in your atheism, sort of like trophies for each other. You will be set for life. You have no excuses for anything, how does the happiness spring from this union. Mutual Usership, match made in well....

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I have a good friend that works for a Jewel/importer grading rough diamonds and other precious stones, the employer is Jewish, she is Polish Catholic. Judaics do provide jobs without censure to religious persuation. You might have a chance even as an atheist if you live in the area, I can recommend you, can you tell glass from agate?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That's a discussion for private messages.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Find a big bucks fatcat atheist that doesnt require you to work, you will support them in your atheism, sort of like trophies for each other.

That's not what I meant and you know it.

You will be set for life. You have no excuses for anything, how does the happiness spring from this union. Mutual Usership, match made in well....

Usership? Maybe you're not a Christian, but I consistently get the sense that you're defending some kind of entity who won't be happy until every soul in existence is tucked firmly and irrevocably under its belt. For what purpose, no one knows, because whoever wrote the myth couldn't come up with a good answer without revealing their hand. But the theme is unmistakeable here: control. Someone, a long time ago, decided that if they could control the people, they could control the world. Economy works the same way. Spirit, information, economy. The three driving forces that make society go 'round these days. And it looks like there's someone at all three wheels. What are their intentions? What do the pilots want? That's the question to ask, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

That's a discussion for private messages.

Not a chance. I dont know who you are.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

We're not holding that discussion here on this thread because it is off topic. Now either send me a private message on the matter or drop it entirely. You also may want to look at my previous post...perhaps the contents will be of interest to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Find a big bucks fatcat atheist that doesnt require you to work, you will support them in your atheism, sort of like trophies for each other.

That's not what I meant and you know it.

You will be set for life. You have no excuses for anything, how does the happiness spring from this union. Mutual Usership, match made in well....

Usership? Maybe you're not a Christian, but I consistently get the sense that you're defending some kind of entity who won't be happy until every soul in existence is tucked firmly and irrevocably under its belt. For what purpose, no one knows, because whoever wrote the myth couldn't come up with a good answer without revealing their hand. But the theme is unmistakeable here: control. Someone, a long time ago, decided that if they could control the people, they could control the world. Economy works the same way. Spirit, information, economy. The three driving forces that make society go 'round these days. And it looks like there's someone at all three wheels. What are their intentions? What do the pilots want? That's the question to ask, isn't it?

Sure Im defending an Entity; perhaps I am actually speaking on its behalf as ridiculous a forum to do so, but it does not like the bible, and has problems with what has been done to its image, (the corruption and usership of it). Someone along time ago figured out that using a God Concept was a great sword to control with, the idea of face heaven or hells damnation. That was Mankind at its worst, diabolical and evil (allowed of course to run itself into ruin). Always has been a test of the nature of man and its stupidity, its greed, its sloth, its ability to take the advantage against others less brilliant, handicapped spiritually, mentally or just ignorant. Information is the key to world economy. There might be a jealous God, watching mankind do its thing, and in so being jealous allowed for the atrocities that befall it. This is not a nice God, this is the vengfull one you speak of. This is not the one I know, that is correcting the mistakes of its child.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

And who is the god you know? Where does it come from? What does it want?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

And who is the god you know? Where does it come from? What does it want?

Its actually kind of like me; shy and wanting to do the right thing by humankind. It never wanted to be hands on because it created 12 others to run the universes and trusted that its creations would be for betterment. The problems began when this one in charge allowed for multiple gods, (to encapsulate more humans into a God belief). More gods more better. It was never so. There are beings that control the underworld, the flora/fauna say but not to the extent it was supposed to have...the runaway train that ensued. Now you have Pagan Gods/Goddesses, you have monotheism, you have then the concurrant fights and deaths from two exteme faith born (FALSE) belief systems. I have no idea why Origin will not proclaim itself, personally, Im through with the experiment unless I am supposed to be the toehold to something greater. I do not know. I do know that unless something reveals itself, the eating/feasting of human energy will continue, by whom? not Source Entity as its in a playpen built special for that autistic one. Where did Origin come from? Gaseous commodity that gained intellegence regarding itself, it knew it existed and decided to experiment with other forms of elements eventually combined to proclaim/acknowelge itself. Much like the humanbeing is expressing itself to each other by having children, marrying, working together. This is all just an experiment you are taking part of "The Matter VS Etherial" You are eternal, its the body/matter part that is the experiment, how spirit animates clay.

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join