It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The three unclean spirits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Real Christians would not be concerned with one's religion, real Christians are more interested in the changed character of a man, signifying the spirit "within". And accepting that with God all things are possible.

My inclusion of Christianity in that list is to signify that all religions that lead to separation are of the anti-Christ. And those who call themselves Christians are not. So I prefer to consider myself a disciple/student of Christ and son of God.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by adjensen

So, you pick three random things that you disagree with and assume that they are the "three unclean spirits"?

How are any of the three, clean? All three groups have murder on their hands.

Why aren't communists on your list? Capitalists? Mormons? Pirates? Jehovah's Witnesses?

You remember your "Apostolic Oneness" minister who was a child molester? Does that mean your movement is unclean?

All three worship YHWH/Baal, not the God of Abraham.

That is, of course, not true. Reckart's rants on that subject are the result of his lack of education and the need to promote his elitist cult, they are not rooted in fact or reality.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So, you pick three random things that you disagree with and assume that they are the "three unclean spirits"?

How are any of the three, clean? All three groups have murder on their hands. All three worship YHWH/Baal, not the God of Abraham.

Sorry, for you and everyone reading, you have lost me here. I do not agree that YHWH is associated with Baal in any way, but you can judge the OT if you want, or you could try to understand it, the choice is yours.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

How are any of the three, clean? All three groups have murder on their hands. All three worship YHWH/Baal, not the God of Abraham.

Sorry, for you and everyone reading, you have lost me here. I do not agree that YHWH is associated with Baal in any way

Allow me to summarize the "enlightened" view of his cult for you.

Despite the fact that the earliest known copies of the Hebrew Bible have the tetragrammaton (YHWH) in them, they believe that it was inserted "after the fact" to hide the fact that the true name of God is "Jesus", pronounced the English way, "gee-zus". They also believe that "Yeshua", which is both the Hebrew name of Jesus, as presented in the New Testament, and the Hebrew name of Joshua in the Hebrew Bible, is pronounced "gee-zus". They believe that syllables, words and phrases have mystical properties, so the expansion of the tetragrammaton into "Yahweh" (which may or may not be how it was actually pronounced, there's no way to tell at this point,) is automatically invalid, because it includes the letters "yah", which was the name of a moon god in Egypt or Babylon or some place.

Ergo, since "Yahweh" has those nasty letters in them, the tetragrammaton must also be in reference to an evil god, so it obviously must have been put into the text "after the fact", and who cares about the evidence that demonstrates that it was not.

All of this is conjured up because the leader of the cult, Gary Reckart, had a falling out with the United Pentecostal Church some time ago, and because the UPC, in its statement of faith, declares that "The real name of Jehovah is Jesus" (or something to that effect,) Reckart needs to prove that Jehovah/Yahweh/YHWH is invalid, in order to condemn the UPC leaders and members to hell, along with Christians and everyone else who doesn't agree with him, which is pretty much everyone.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Thanks for the update; although I do believe the three frogs could be talking about three religions, I can't say I agree with anything else.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Thanks for the update; although I do believe the three frogs could be talking about three religions, I can't say I agree with anything else.

If one believes that Revelation is prophecy, rather than allegory, they might be three religions, but they couldn't be three existing religions, because Chapter 16 is an accounting of what would happen, in sequence, and none of the previous "bowl pourings" have occurred yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Yahweh and Jehovah are guess names that do not predate 1270AD. Even worse is what the names mean in Hebrew.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by truejew

Satan imitates God. Satan has a Trinity, just like God.

God's Trinity: Father (LORD God), Son (God/Jesus), Holy Spirit

Satan's Trinity: Dragon (Satan), Beast (Son of Perdition/Anti-Christ), False Prophet (Spirit of the Anti-Christ)

God does not have a trinity. The trinity is satan's perversion of one God.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yahweh and Jehovah are guess names that do not predate 1270AD. Even worse is what the names mean in Hebrew.

Wrong.

Yahweh's name is found in the Dead Sea Scrolls over 2200 times.

www.eliyah.com...

The Dead Sea Scrolls...

The texts are written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Nabataean, mostly on parchment but with some written on papyrus and bronze. The manuscripts have been dated to various ranges between 408 BCE and 318 CE.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Real Christians would not be concerned with one's religion, real Christians are more interested in the changed character of a man, signifying the spirit "within". And accepting that with God all things are possible.

My inclusion of Christianity in that list is to signify that all religions that lead to separation are of the anti-Christ. And those who call themselves Christians are not. So I prefer to consider myself a disciple/student of Christ and son of God.

You say that real Christians are not concerned with one's religion, but are concerned with one's religion. You make no sense.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

God does not have a trinity. The trinity is satan's perversion of one God.

Look up the definition of Trinity. It does not mean that they are three separate Gods. They are three personalities all rolled into one God.

It looks like this term confuses you as much as it did the Israelites...

Mark 12:29

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Jesus told them that that he was the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit...

John 10:25-30

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

Without posting more verses, look up what it means when Jesus said he would send the disciples a "Comforter". The Comforter is the Holy Spirit and Jesus claimed that the Comforter was he himself.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Wrong.

Yahweh's name is found in the Dead Sea Scrolls over 2200 times.

Actually, he's (semi) right -- the tetragrammaton appears in the Dead Sea scrolls, but "Yahweh" does not. As I said earlier, that's an assumption of how it was pronounced, but because it was never written down, apart from the tetragrammaton (which, lacking vowels, is unpronounceable,) there is no way to validate that "Yahweh" is correct.

He is, however, wrong in his "Even worse is what the names mean in Hebrew" statement, because they don't mean anything in Hebrew -- that's his "naughty letters and syllables" irrational beliefs showing.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Jesus did not say HE was the comforter...

IF he did I managed to miss that verse every time I read it...

Please cite your passage...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Actually, he's (semi) right -- the tetragrammaton appears in the Dead Sea scrolls, but "Yahweh" does not. As I said earlier, that's an assumption of how it was pronounced, but because it was never written down, apart from the tetragrammaton (which, lacking vowels, is unpronounceable,) there is no way to validate that "Yahweh" is correct.

True, but we all know that the name Yahweh was used as a reference for YHWH. They were not used as names for separate gods, but as the same God.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

"I will be what I will be/I am what I am" - YHWH

YHWH - Four letter word

Four letter word - Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton - four sided force of gravity

Interestingly, the Kabbalah expresses the name of god - "YHWH" - as a triangle. Mathematical values, when ascribed, come out to 72,one of the names of YHWH. But if you then flip it and super impose it - holy crow, Batman, you get the Star of David! Also a representation of the fruit of life and a two dimensional rendition of the Merkabah, which are all deeply interwoven with Hebrew tradition.

Tetragrammaton has more than enough evidence to support a law of nature rather than a sentient force. The Greeks and Hebrews possessed all the math and geometry to argue this. So really, the word "Yahweh" is irrelevant, because the vowels are not necessary to figure out the code.
edit on 14-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Why aren't communists on your list? Capitalists? Mormons? Pirates? Jehovah's Witnesses?

The three spirits mentioned in my first post, are not the only unclean groups, just the three bringing us to the final battle.

You remember your "Apostolic Oneness" minister who was a child molester? Does that mean your movement is unclean?

This unclean "minister" that you speak of is not in our group.

That is, of course, not true. Reckart's rants on that subject are the result of his lack of education and the need to promote his elitist cult, they are not rooted in fact or reality.

If what you say is true, you would be able to provide evidence instead of saying "Pastor Reckart this" and "Pastor Reckart that" in every post.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

True, but we all know that the name Yahweh was used as a reference for YHWH.

No, that's the point -- we do NOT know that the name Yahweh was the pronunciation of God's name, that is just an educated guess. Ultimately, for rational people, it doesn't make any difference, because God knows your intentions, and if it really mattered, it would be known.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus did not say HE was the comforter...

John 14:16-18

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. The Spirit of Truth comes from Jesus and he says so himself in John 14:18.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I knew you would use john 14...

When he said "I will come to you" he meant after his resurrection... where he was "SEEN" again...

Read the verse you just quoted again...

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

he is referring to this "spirit" as another person... Not himself...

You're making connections that aren't there....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Thank you for that piece of Wisdom, that agrees completely with what I believe about Christ, he is the Holy Spirit. The "spirit of love" is the comforter; Christ Jesus is the "Spirit of Love", the "Holy Spirit", sent from God the father to teach us how to love one another. Sent both in physical body and in sprit to lead man to "Heaven within"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join