It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The three unclean spirits

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by truejew

By calling you a bigot, I'm not saying that you hate anyone.

Yes, you are. Your definition confirms it.

Your claim that "the Jews" cannot be credible sources for evidence of their culture, history or religion, simply because they are Jews, "who crucified Christ", is an example of bigotry, pure and simple -- you are intolerant of an entire group because of their ethnicity and religion.

My claim was that those who are involved in idolatry, witchcraft, crucified their own Messieh, are called "the synagogue of satan" in Scripture, and have a history of perverting Scripture are not a credible source on the topic of the name of God. It has nothing to do with race or bigotry. It has to do with their past record on such topics.

Jesus not only preached against the Pharisees, He preached against their scribes also.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
Jesus not only preached against the Pharisees, He preached against their scribes also.

Then perhaps you should retract your statement about "the Jews" and suggest that it is your opinion that the Pharisees and Scribes are not credible sources of information. Your statement, as it stands now, is bigoted, because it is applied universally to a race, and is similar to the statements made by the Nazis to justify genocide.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Then perhaps you should retract your statement about "the Jews" and suggest that it is your opinion that the Pharisees and Scribes are not credible sources of information. Your statement, as it stands now, is bigoted, because it is applied universally to a race, and is similar to the statements made by the Nazis to justify genocide.

The reason why I put the "Jews" in quotes is because they are not really Jews. Perhaps you should have seeked to understand what I said before slandering me with your nazi comments.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The reason why I put the "Jews" in quotes is because they are not really Jews. Perhaps you should have seeked to understand what I said before slandering me with your nazi comments.

No, you put "Jews" in quotes to diminish those people who are considered Jews -- just because they don't meet your invalid definition of the term doesn't mean that they aren't Jewish. As I've told you before, your claim to be a "true Jew" is an arrogant affront to God and an insult to his chosen people.

You're back to your racist and bigoted statements, too bad you missed the opportunity to recant from your bigotry.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I follow what Paul says about who is or is not a true Jew. Being Jewish is about faith and grace, not a person's race.

It is time for you to apologize for your slander or move on.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I follow what Paul says about who is or is not a true Jew.

Paul says that there is no such thing as a Jew, if one is in Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28 NIV)

Are you a Jew? Or are you in Christ?

It is time for you to apologize for your slander or move on.

When I am wrong, I apologize. In this case, your own words, not anything that I've said, testify to your bigotry.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Paul says that there is no such thing as a Jew, if one is in Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28 NIV)

Are you a Jew? Or are you in Christ?

Paul was saying that if you are in Christ, race does not matter. Someone born Gentile is just as saved and Jewish in faith as someone born Jewish and saved.

Paul also says...

Romans 2:28-29 KJV
[28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: [29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

You seem to be the only one talking about race in this thread.
edit on 17-6-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

What you don't seem to understand is that there is a difference between someone who IS, ethnically, a Jew (which you are not,) who can certainly be in Christ, and someone who declares that they are one with God because they are a Jew, which is what your legalistic cult seems to profess. You need to re-read Romans 2 again, you're not getting it.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

What you don't seem to understand is that there is a difference between someone who IS, ethnically, a Jew (which you are not,) who can certainly be in Christ, and someone who declares that they are one with God because they are a Jew, which is what your legalistic cult seems to profess. You need to re-read Romans 2 again, you're not getting it.

I fully understand Romans 2. Being Jewish is not about being part of a master "chosen" race as you claim, it's about walking with God in faith.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I fully understand Romans 2. Being Jewish is not about being part of a master "chosen" race as you claim, it's about walking with God in faith.

No, you do not. Romans is, in part, a text against the legalistic stranglehold of the Law -- Paul is not saying that "walking with God in faith" makes you a Jew, he's saying that "walking with God in faith" is what saves you. There are numerous places, here and in other texts, where Paul makes it clear that to be a Jew is to be a specific thing, and that is not limited to "walking with God in faith."

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

No, you do not. Romans is, in part, a text against the legalistic stranglehold of the Law -- Paul is not saying that "walking with God in faith" makes you a Jew, he's saying that "walking with God in faith" is what saves you. There are numerous places, here and in other texts, where Paul makes it clear that to be a Jew is to be a specific thing, and that is not limited to "walking with God in faith."

He is saying both that it makes you Jewish in faith and saves you. The Church has a Jewish foundation. All apostles and the Old Testament prophets were Jewish by birth and faith. The Chief Cornerstone was Jewish by birth and faith. All Gentiles or Jews who come in after, come into a Jewish faith.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

He is saying both that it makes you Jewish in faith and saves you.
Paul is saying that the important thing about the Jew's religion is a moral code that comes from the commandments. If someone is a gentile but keeps the moral code, he is better than someone who keeps the part of the law that makes him distinctly Jewish but does not keep the moral code.

The Church has a Jewish foundation. All apostles and the Old Testament prophets were Jewish by birth and faith. The Chief Cornerstone was Jewish by birth and faith. All Gentiles or Jews who come in after, come into a Jewish faith.
Only that it is in conformity with how those former things pointed to Jesus as a person and to accepting his teachings. Jewishness on its own has no value unless you accept the parts that Christianity is based on.
edit on 18-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join