It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden has the goods on everyone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

People have their own law written in their heart. They know what is right from wrong.

He didn't break my law. Maybe he broke yours

The real law breakers are the ones he is exposing. I hope he has time to get all of the information out.

The constitution is my law. I know who is guilty!.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by Bilk22

That could be likely or just the opposite could be true. He could have no other information and is just blowing hot air to keep the authorities on their toes. You know kind of like what Anonymous does from time to time when they claim they have a bunch of government documents and threaten to release them then never do.

I'm really not trying to be a wet blanket here. I really appreciate what this guy is doing, I'm just not ready to go blindly follow and support this guy until some real damaging info gets released. The info released so far is far from damaging and only needs the medicine of time and a little MSM spin magic for the American public to forget about it. Eh... Maybe I'm just jaded, but the way I see it, you really need to rock the boat (practically capsize it) in order to make some real waves these days, everything else tptb can damage control.

Yes but he's not "anonymous". He put a face and a name to it. Very big difference. For all we know, anonymous is a psyop and probably is. If I were in his position and contemplating doing what he did, I certainly have more information as insurance. It's a good bet he does. It's also a good bet he couldn't have done this without help as the watchers are also watched. So somewhere along the line, there was a break in protocol.

True, just trying to keep an open mind. Nothing is more frustrating than to get your hopes up for something only for the exact opposite to happen.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by opethPA

People have their own law written in their heart. They know what is right from wrong.

He didn't break my law. Maybe he broke yours

The real law breakers are the ones he is exposing. I hope he has time to get all of the information out.

The constitution is my law. I know who is guilty!.

He didn't break my laws but rather be broke the laws of the United States of America.

Your laws, my laws have no tangible impact on reality. Having a code of ethics is one thing, having your own set of laws that you think are applicable is another.

While everything you said would sound great on a Hallmark card get a job with a security clearance and realize how unrealistic it is. Sign an NDA with a company then lose your job for breaking that NDA.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I question anonymous's motives. What information have they released that has exposed any thing?
None that I can think of. They claimed to have hacked into government programs, but where is the evidence?
I.M.O. they are just the mouth piece of the C.I.A. or some other number agency. They either need to put up or shut up.

All waves start with a ripple. The water is in motion. I for one will not let the media differ my attention. I will not forget. I will continue to pay attention.

All we need is some salt and these slugs will be exposed as the snot that they are.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You seem to for a government by the people for the people.

Who's laws are more important.

If I had the information that he has I would do my best to expose as many of these traitorous pieces of crap as I could. From the sounds of your posts you would do the same.

Our government is not omnipotent if they step outside the law they should be dealt with by the law. We just need to expose the corruption and the house of cards comes tumbling down.

Snowden seems to be doing just that and I praise him for it.

edit on 12-6-2013 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

I assume you meant to have forget in your first sentence.

The important laws are the ones that allow our country to thrive, survive and keep us and our interests safe. In many cases the laws that our Govt breaks on a consistent bases and in this case the same laws that Snowden broke. The same laws that anyone with an active clearance or anyone that has ever had an active clearance had to abide by.

Again , you can claim your personal laws mean something but in the grand scheme of things try that defense in front a court if you kill someone or get arrested for DUI or some other crime and see if it works for you.
edit on 12-6-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I went back and searched for the quote I referenced in my reply on pg 1, and I have to admit after your OP and re-reading his remarks, I think you may actually have a reasonable suspicion. Let me link his comments. Re-reading them is very revealing, and now you have me rather intrigued.

"I carefully evaluated every single document I disclosed to
ensure that each was legitimately in the public interest," he
said. "There are all sorts of documents that would have made a
big impact that I didn't turn over, because harming people isn't
my goal. Transparency is."

He purposely chose, he said, to give the documents to
journalists whose judgment he trusted about what should be
public and what should remain concealed.

This very clearly states he has documents that he did not release, because, as he stated, he did not intend to harm individuals, but to expose the system. This also implies that at least one journalist has seen more of the documents than were released, which would explain the outcry to punish the journalist. They are running scared.

Now, this:

As for his future, he is vague. He hoped the publicity the leaks
have generated will offer him some protection, making it
"harder for them to get dirty".

I think that statement says it all. The contents of these few paragraphs alone imply, "Don't mess with me. I know I did something not nice, but make it too hard for me, and look out."

I still stand by my original comment, and believe he has no intent to hurt individuals, however, I also agree with you, that he has the goods, this is straight from his mouth to your eyes, and with very little "reading betweeen the lines" necessary.

First, he said: "Most of the secrets the CIA has are about
people, not machines and systems, so I didn't feel comfortable
with disclosures that I thought could endanger anyone".

m.guardiannews.com...
edit on 12-6-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Yeah someone posted a video in another thread that not only implicated that Assange was not what he appears to be, but Paul and even Snowden may not be either.

The only thing that's clear to me is this is a play by some entity and not just Snowden acting on his own. I also am not sure, and I suggested as much in various places, that the motivation behind it may not be altruistic, as it appears on first blush. This is Six Days of the Condor playing out in real life.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You are right I did mean for that to be forget in my first sentence.

We the people are the have allowed these criminals to take control of our government. Through passivism or just plain ignorance. We the people must do all that is possible to put this country back on the right track.
That can only be done with people like Snowden exposing the corruption. Everyone who can possibly shed light on the situation should. There are people out there who have the information to put an end to all of this bullxxxt.
These people need to step forward and do the right thing. Imagine what a different world this would be if people would only do the right thing.

Most people are just to self serving. Our government is self serving. When some one steps outside the box and serves their country rather than themselves I admire that. I admire what this young man has done. I just wish there were more people with his kind of courage.

I'm not debating whether he broke the law or not. I'm not even going to debate if the law is just or not.

All I'm saying is that I.M.O. he done the right thing. Criminal or not I respect him more than I respect most politicians out there.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Bingo! Now, how he and we arrived at this place, is another story. Motive is everything here. His words say one thing. Let's hope it's not a "snow job".
He could very well be a tool, either willingly or unsuspecting.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by unphased
The government, doesn't give a crap about breaking laws - domestic, international, maritime, or wartime....

They want him arrested because he exposed the end of one of their tentacles and how far it reaches...

Yup, I am sure that plays a big part in it. Just like I am sure that if anyone with a security clearance did what he did or even to a lesser extent they would be a criminal also. Anyone that has been cleared has signed the docs with the words "unauthorized release of classified information is a federal/criminal offense'

You both make very good arguments. But the ones who are creating the laws are also the ones breaking it and the ones investigating everything are also the ones who are being investigated so there will never be anything done about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

Regardless of if people love or respect him the facts still are he broke the law..that probably has something to do with why they want to arrest him.

the government broke the law who is going arrest them ?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

We should take a step back and look at all of the angles here. This might be a setup.

I am not sure but this whole story stinks. Why is he not on the first plane to Iceland? I hope he is legit but it is a 50/50 chance at this point.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by Bilk22

That could be likely or just the opposite could be true. He could have no other information and is just blowing hot air to keep the authorities on their toes.

According to the B.B.C., the American Press already has enough information to pursue over twenty-four different feature stories from the data they have so far.

Let's hope people in the media don't start getting killed. Why do you think Obama went for A.P. phone records??

edit on 12-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth

and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

Regardless of if people love or respect him the facts still are he broke the law..that probably has something to do with why they want to arrest him.

the government broke the law who is going arrest them ?

If laws were truly broken with PRISM as per the definition of our legal system then someone from the Govt should be held accountable. Of course Govts all over the world , if you think it's only the American Govt then I feel sorry for you, have been breaking laws since pretty much organized cities/countries/states/nations came into existence and sadly they are still here in their current form.

I just find a huge amount of hypocrisy in all the people saying Snowden didn't do anything illegal because it fit's their interests be those concerns private freedom or something else yet when the Govt does the same thing they should all burn in hell. You can't have it both ways. You can't cry at the Govt for ignoring the law when they want to but then turn a blind eye to ignoring the law when it fits your needs.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I don't disagree with the idea that Snowden broke an oath and a law. These are both in place for a reason. Breaking both is criminal. Now the motivation needs to be considered. Some break those for personal gain and/or to subvert. Snowden's motivation has yet to be determined. All we have to go on, is what he's said so far. He outed himself. This must be considered in judgement.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am a proud American...but I have to admit Im ashamed of my country. And I cant believe how they are trying to influence the media now to backtrack and put focus on Snowdon...the Sheeple need to re-focus on not the leaker but the people that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Oh and I really believe that because of this surveillance we caught all of these "terror" attacks...B.S.
Hopefully the people will not fall for the scare tactics anymore...the ones that are ok with it will go quietly to the slaughter with out ever knowing it.
The Russians got to be laughing about this one....

edit on 12-6-2013 by Romeo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Does he even really need media though. He knows how to make a YouTube video. There are other ways. Then media picks up the story from there. It's a way to keep reporters safe while he exposes whatever it is he has. Or it's stuff on other countries and in that case it would be wrong. Could start WWIII.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

I assume you meant to have forget in your first sentence.

The important laws are the ones that allow our country to thrive, survive and keep us and our interests safe. In many cases the laws that our Govt breaks on a consistent bases and in this case the same laws that Snowden broke. The same laws that anyone with an active clearance or anyone that has ever had an active clearance had to abide by.

Again , you can claim your personal laws mean something but in the grand scheme of things try that defense in front a court if you kill someone or get arrested for DUI or some other crime and see if it works for you.
edit on 12-6-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

Some laws are important to allow any civilization to thrive however sometimes people come to that hard spot where they need to make a decision. Do they follow the "legal" path or the moral path. Snowden has already reached that point and made his decision and I applaud him for it.

Doubtful he has the dirt on "everyone." If he's planned this out he has the info that will hurt those he knows want to silence him. Hopefully it's in a sealed envelope with the Guardian and well hidden.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It doesn't appear he has anymore info based on his interview here. He's going to stay in Hong Kong and trusts their system to do him right but doesn't say much more than this but they think he's in a shelter of some sort.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 12-6-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join