It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden has the goods on everyone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Snowden may do more harm than good. Polls are showing people don't mind giving up some freedoms for safety. Now that it will surely make its way to the Supreme's and if they decide it is constitutional then any limits to its scope can be pushed. What was limited by secrecy will become law of the land.....I'm still hoping for that even the president statement..

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorAce
Snowden may do more harm than good. Polls are showing people don't mind giving up some freedoms for safety.

That was yesterdays poll. Here's a new one on ZeroHedge showing a different outcome.
And Now Another Poll

Edit - Personally I think the polling pools are way too small. Maybe we need to ask someone like NetFlicks to add a pop up survey after people logon to get a bigger sample.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I hope he does!! I'm sick and tired of the political class acting like they're above the rest of us, while doing everything they can to screw us over. Blow the lid off everything, Mr. Snowden!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Now as to your assertion there could be other motivations behind this, I don't doubt that possibility.

It could be to out people like us, to ferret out "enemies of the people", to better tell who is and is not a willing co-conspirator in the selling out and final dismantling of the last pieces of the Republic. Sure, its mostly just a facade of what once was now, but I have to have something to cling to.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This act of his may be the first shot fired in the next American revolution!

Well that’s my CT and I’m sticking by it.

And this sentence of yours is what make me wonder if once again we are not being played...Be careful not to fall head first for what may or may not be a great way to implement everything from internment camps to marshall law....Don't think for a second that they ain't ready for that "American revolution"......

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

Originally posted by MajorAce
Snowden may do more harm than good. Polls are showing people don't mind giving up some freedoms for safety.

That was yesterdays poll. Here's a new one on ZeroHedge showing a different outcome.
And Now Another Poll

Edit - Personally I think the polling pools are way too small. Maybe we need to ask someone like NetFlicks to add a pop up survey after people logon to get a bigger sample.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

A poll is influenced by the questions and how they're structured. I think if they spell out "Do you want the government reading your emails in order to catch terrorists?" The overwhelming majority would say NO!

Besides we thankfully do not make laws based on polls.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildapache

This act of his may be the first shot fired in the next American revolution!

Well that’s my CT and I’m sticking by it.

And this sentence of yours is what make me wonder if once again we are not being played...Be careful not to fall head first for what may or may not be a great way to implement everything from internment camps to marshall law....Don't think for a second that they ain't ready for that "American revolution"......

My original feelings on this was they wanted to let the cat out of the bag, letting everyone know big brother is watching, in order to get people trained to that thought. However I feel it's more a power struggle between the various branches of government. Some entity within the government is pushing back and this was how they did it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

As in what....the intel folks feel like they're being left swinging in the wind by the current administration? As Snowden came from them that's all I can figure in such a scenario as pushback inside the gov't. What are you thinking, if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Good observation by the op. However its to early to tell anything including if this is being done by designs.

Interesting to see the outcome of this in 5 years.

One possible unwanted outcome
1. Public outcry overturns patriot act ndaa sopa pipa etc.
2. A few years of non monitoring
3. Some attack occurs that could have been caught using monitoring technology recently banned.
4. People willing give all rights including internal monitoring implants. 24/7/365.

Becareful what you wish for whithout the facts or internal knowledge.

edit on 12-6-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

@OP Really??? With all the real bs going on you're still going on about this birther nonsense?
*facepalm*

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Didn't you know that he gave The Guardian over 1000 pages of evidence (likely double that)? The best is yet to come. He is in Hong Kong to report the rest if The Guardian backs down. And they might since there is talk of charging them. Also, the Guardian mentioned that there are some things that are classified that they will not release already. This is why he chose Hong Kong, not because he is in cahoots with China. That China business is just to make him look evil to the American Public.

The Guardian has issued a statement in response to Rep. Peter T King's call for the prosecution of Guardian columnist Glenn Greenwald:

The Guardian has issued a statement in response to Rep. Peter T King's call for the prosecution of Guardian columnist Glenn Greenwald:

We are surprised and disappointed by comments from Rep. Peter King R(NY), chairman of the House Subcommittee on Counterterrorism, saying "legal action should be taken" against Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald for his reporting on NSA surveillance.

This is especially troubling in light of comments from Eric Holder, US Attorney General who stated: "As long as I am attorney general, we will not prosecute any reporter for doing his or her job." Holder went on to say he was “troubled by the possibility that leak investigations may chill the investigative journalism that holds government accountable."

edit on 12-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by unphased
and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

Regardless of if people love or respect him the facts still are he broke the law..that probably has something to do with why they want to arrest him.

Is reporting a crime now a crime?
What the NSA has done breaks how many laws?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
Could start WWIII.

Oh! Good point about YouTube, highly likely to cause WWIII if we look at it in relative terms. He probably couldn't have done a YouTube video at first before his credentials were proven to everyone, though, see?
edit on 13-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You know it is obvious why he went to Hong Kong now. He has proof that the US was hacking them, and knew they would protect him after releasing that info. Thus why this was the next info to be released. Very smart cookie!

edit on 13-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Bilk, I want to believe in an American Hero, but something is whack with the facts. Here is an article I just read that suggests he was a willing patsy in a skirmish between the CIA and the NSA:

Current press reports focus on PRISM, the NSA’s relationships with the biggest tech companies in the world, and the spilled leaks of Ed Snowden.

I’ve already laid out serious questions about Snowden’s work history and whether he’s told the truth about it.

Is it likely he could have accessed and snatched thousands of highly classified NSA documents?

“Let’s see. Who’s coming to work for us here at NSA today? Oh, new whiz kid. Ed Snowden. Outside contractor. He’s not really a full-time employee of the NSA. Twenty-nine years old. No high school diploma. Has a GED. He worked for the CIA and quit. Hmm. Why did he quit? Oh, never mind, who cares? No problem.

“Tell you what. Let’s give this kid access to our most sensitive data. Sure. Why not? Everything. That stuff we keep behind 986 walls? Where you have to pledge the life of your first-born against the possibility you’ll go rogue? Let Snowden see it all. Sure. What the hell. I’m feeling charitable. He seems like a nice kid.”
Here is a more likely scenario.

Snowden never saw any of those thousands of documents on an NSA computer. Never happened.

Instead, he was either used or volunteered as a CIA operative to carry the endless turf war between CIA and NSA a new step forward. People at the CIA WERE able to access those NSA documents and they gave the documents to Snowden and he ran with them.

This was a covert op launched by the CIA against a chief rival, the NSA. NSA, the agency that’s far bigger than the CIA. NSA, the agency that’s been taking over intelligence gathering, that considers itself superior to everybody else in the intelligence field.

The CIA, of course, couldn’t be seen as the NSA leaker. They needed a guy. They needed a guy who could appear to be FROM the NSA, to make things look worse for the NSA and shield the CIA.

Full Article 'Did the CIA give the NSA documents to Ed Snowden?'

I hope we are mistaken in our suspicions. I really do.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
On another forum I posted a television series plot I envisioned, since I've found the current ones rather tame and unimaginative( The Walking Dead, The Event, that one about the loss of electricity) and it co insided with the movie Whitehouse Down and The fall of Olympus which I also found uninspired and not very original.
What I suggested was an ongoing series that details and tells the story of the collapse of the Illuminati. From certain events that spin out of control, the real power brokers an dcontrollers begin to get exposed and the world and society turn on them in a very ugly and violent way. And the extent of their manipulations and control become evident. You have Presidents go into hiding and get captured and arrested, powerful politicians get arrested, entire networks get exposed as being controlled as well as the entertainment industry, captains of industry, industrialists, billionaires. Some go down fighting, some rat out out their bosses and squeal like pigs, most end up in FEMA internment camps( which they built for others). Secret assassins and private armies try to maintain the illuminatis control but they begin to fall as their major plans fail even with some successes( such as nuclear blackmail). Some manage to hide and find safety but their live sof power and privilege are over and they have to dela with that reality. The heroes are rank and file low rung fed agents, reporters, journalists, common middle class everyday heroes, and the military who actually step up to try to restore order. And the country does become a mess. Theres mass violence, riots and paranoia unrest and a complete societal upheaval. The main iconic showdown, the Whitehouse comes under siege by the citizens trying to oust the last holdouts of the illuminati strong men who try to use it to barter their way out the country. Failed rescue efforts by foreign mercenaries( crack Russian troops fail, DC is a snipers battle ground and the full arsenal of the Whitehouse is released against combined civilaian and friendly military forces( which split into differing factions causing chaos and dissension in their ranks.
In the end, the last illuminati threaten to use a tac nuke if attacked but arrange to a final truce and negotiation. The heroes go forth to negotiate advancing on the carnage littered Whitehouse grounds up to the Whitehouse steps.
Meanwhile theres been an order to evacuate all civilian and military combatants as a missile airstrike has been called in. It truly will be the fall of the Illuminati...
Anyway, how awesome would it be if this would really happen and this was the catalyst to it all?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonbeleiver77

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by unphased
and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

Regardless of if people love or respect him the facts still are he broke the law..that probably has something to do with why they want to arrest him.

Is reporting a crime now a crime?
What the NSA has done breaks how many laws?

I will assume you have not read the other posts in this thread so I'll give the same statement I have given since the start.

1. Reporting a crime is not a crime.
2. Releasing classified information without authorization is a criminal/federal offense and signed off on by anyone that has ever had a secret or higher clearance.

Item 1 does not change item 2 any .

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Isn't that kind of the point behind the whole story?

Committing a criminal offense in order to expose other criminal offenses committed by our own government?

Who's going to charge the government?

In a way, I'm with DiscreteParticle on this one.

I believe we have an internal war going on between the CIA and the Obama Administration that may have started with the whole Benghazi story and all of the scandals coming out since have been a continued domino effect.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
I am pretty sure all these leakers are really operations in themselves, to spread disinformation and mainly to neutralize the left. To me it makes sense..also look at the facts..all these leakers are brought to you courtesy of the MSM..and nothing has changed since they all materialized overnight...NOTHING.

Firstly, the theory that Wikileaks, Anonymous and Snowden are operations in themselves. I'm just wondering how much you know about the hacker culture.

Wikileaks began as a website with a focus on social justice and government transparency where whistleblowers could anonymously and securely upload documents. This is the site Manning contacted. A rift came about when Assange decided to take the Manning trove to the MSM rather than allowing Wikileaks to publish exclusively. A lot of people in the community can't forgive him for doing that. He did it to get get back at Bush, whose policies he disagreed with, and to focus attention on the work of Wikileaks. Some said he did it out of vanity. No conspiracy here.

But WL has changed things - it's helped put corrupt bankers in prison in Iceland, has helped expose corrupt CEOs of corporations in small African nations. Not bad going if you ask me. I suspect you want grand conspiracies complete with Illuminati coming out. Good luck with that. Me, personally, I think the fact we're all being spied on constantly by the US and friends is pretty freaking grand, but each to their own.

But the guys who formed Wikileaks were part of a wider hacking subculture, one that believed strongly in a free internet, open source software, social justice, ethics. These people are the ones that create open source software such as Linux, an operating system to rival Microsoft and Apple but that computer geeks can change and fiddle with and add to all they like because it is not owned by anyone but created by many. In fact I am using a version of it now.

The subculture of ethical hackers is a strong one within the hacking community. They are the enablers of the hacking world because they write software that frees the computer user from the tyrannies of corporate software than cannot be modified because of copyright restrictions. They dislike the idea of the internet becoming commodified. These are not the hackers that break into credit card databases and steal the numbers. These people are not kids sitting in their parents' basement, they are adults who have PhDs, senior jobs in the computer industry or in academia, high IQs and are critical thinkers. The Chaos Computer Club is an example of a group of (mostly) ethically driven hackers. Chaos Computer Club

Anonymous are kind of like their bastard children. From what I have read and heard from Anonymous, the majority are teenagers that are digital natives but are more limited in skill when compared with the 'ethical' hackers. While some of them do have a strong focus on social justice, such as the Steubenville Anon, a lot like to get their lulz from DDOSing websites of people or organisations they dislike. The majority of Anonymous, I would think, are kids in their parents' basements so keep that in mind when you next hear them boasting of some great document trove they're about to release but you never know. One day they might follow through. Their marketing is pretty good. A lot, however, have been arrested and I'm pretty sure there are one of two 'Agent Anonymouses' around these days. So no conspiracy here either just loud-mouthed, somewhat talented kids, by and large.

Snowden is, to my mind, an example of an ethical hacker which is why I take everything he's saying at face value. He has a strong commitment to social justice, has seen others go before him and wind up in jail or worse and has decided to stand up, too. The people who will be helping him out are smart guys. They would understand foreign relations, they'd understand law - Greenwald is also a lawyer - and they most definitely know how the NSA, FBI and CIA works because a lot have been harassed by them for years. They know the tactics, the software, you name it and so that is a distinct advantage now.

Originally posted by Rocker2013
I am of the belief that we are indeed getting a glimpse of that "NWO" people keep going on about. It's not some kind of organized ancient club though, it's just corrupt and greedy people who always want more. Corporations like Google and Facebook have one ambition, to make more money and beat down their competition. Individuals in the system will use whatever they can to exert control and gain more power and more wealth.

Lastly, of course the NWO is the corporations fighting it out for supremacy while the rest of us work and live in the global prison they're creating for us with the constant surveillance as we fight amongst ourselves over stupid crap that diverts out attention away from the truth of our situation
edit on 13-6-2013 by Archie because: spelling

edit on 13-6-2013 by Archie because: link

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Cool OP, thanks for giving me an alternate point of view.
I will take it into consideration as an additional option in my speculations about this strange series of events.

I keep tipping between wondering if this is a genuine real event of if it's entirely staged for unknown reasons.
Very interesting times indeed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join