It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden has the goods on everyone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well that's my contention.

After again listening to his interviews and further digesting his words, it became abundantly clear that Edward Snowden has the whole ball of wax stashed away somewhere. Yes every bit of dirt and truth about the slime that has permeated the US government and other governments around the world.

Think about it. Would you walk out with just that NSA Power Point presentation to prove a point, knowing full well the wrath of the United States of American will be coming down on you like thunder from god? Or would you take with you proof of every scandalous/treasonous act you can find, to not only protect you, but to also cause those who would surely want to come after you, to pause? He said as much too, that he has much more and it’s not pretty. He fired a warning shot across the president’s bow and that of every dirty politician, judge and corporate/political entity out there, with this statement.

“Any analyst at any time can target anyone. Any selector, anywhere… I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President…”

Just look at the strange alliances and opinions that have formed in the last few days. Listen to the responses and opinions of all of these public/political figures and try to reconcile them reasonably. Look at how some of the MSM are portraying this incident and Snowden. They’re all scared.

It has been my contention from the beginning that he hasn’t acted alone or without the assurance he’ll be protected. Heck he didn’t get moved around from agency to agency and to his final position with that contractor, without someone or some entity assisting him. I think Snowden has everything, from Obama’s true birth records to the facts on 911 and someone wants these to known by everyone so that the republic is protected and the plots are foiled. This act of his may be the first shot fired in the next American revolution!

Well that’s my CT and I’m sticking by it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with you, I've been saying that for a while. First, look at his interview, then I combined that with my knowledge that the N.S.A. has already been investigating Obama. Notice how he specifically mentions how he could spy on the President if he wanted to.

Plus, the BBC said that over two dozen stories were going to be pursued. I doubt these are all about the mechanics of surveillance. I hope every single last one of these stories is pursued before reporters are killed or locked up.

So, I don't just agree with you, I'm hoping these stories get out before the government retaliates. And you know what? If some corrupt politician tries to tell me it is unethical that Snowden released these documents, why the hell should I listen to them? What credibility do they have?

Let's protect our National Security from the real criminals, not the people who are interested in making the country a better place for its citizens.
edit on 12-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You might be right mate, well i hope you are.

He'd better start releasing a few juicy teasers, they're already calling him a traitor and all the rest of it, in an eerilly similar manner to how they started in on Assange when it was his turn...and that poor bugger has been holed up in a tiny flat, essentially a prisoner since.

Cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war. IOW...show us the dirt Snowden, and put the buggers on the backfoot.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Show us all the dirt! If the criminals in Washington and corporations weren't doing anything wrong, why would they care?

Haha. Same thing they force us to think.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
In watching this story unfold, I've noticed a lot about Snowden. He seems to have planned this pretty well actually - he was already safely in Hong Kong, and has already moved around, etc...

You saying that he probably has some 'dirt' is a hypothesis I could believe.

I am however beginning to wonder why all of a sudden leaks are happening back to back, and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

The stage is now clearly being set, where we are either "with us" or "with the terrorists/constitution lovers".. but I'm wondering if this too isn't by design..? They use "traitors" to enact stricter public policy. I wouldn't be surprised if they used this very leak to expand surveillance programs.

If Ed Snowden was to spend the night at different people off of ATS house's because many of us support him, we'd probably end up on a list.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
If Ed Snowden was to spend the night at different people off of ATS house's because many of us support him, we'd probably end up on a list.

Who said you wasn't already on the list?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

Regardless of if people love or respect him the facts still are he broke the law..that probably has something to do with why they want to arrest him.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The guardian and the washington post have declined to publish some of the material snowden has supplied. they may yet publish it.

however he has been in contact with wikileaks so i imagine we can expect more leaks in the future.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

and the government is calling for the arrest or conviction of somebody that the people have come to love, and/or respect for their effort.

Regardless of if people love or respect him the facts still are he broke the law..that probably has something to do with why they want to arrest him.

The government, doesn't give a crap about breaking laws - domestic, international, maritime, or wartime....

They want him arrested because he exposed the end of one of their tentacles and how far it reaches...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by voudon

Who said you wasn't already on the list?

I've been on the list since Occupy..

Feds came to my job to ask me about an ATS post on time...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The government, doesn't give a crap about breaking laws - domestic, international, maritime, or wartime....

They want him arrested because he exposed the end of one of their tentacles and how far it reaches...

Yup, I am sure that plays a big part in it. Just like I am sure that if anyone with a security clearance did what he did or even to a lesser extent they would be a criminal also. Anyone that has been cleared has signed the docs with the words "unauthorized release of classified information is a federal/criminal offense'

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by MysterX

Show us all the dirt! If the criminals in Washington and corporations weren't doing anything wrong, why would they care?

Haha. Same thing they force us to think.

Lol Very true mate.

If they have nothing to hide, they have nothing to worry about...isn't that the line?

Oh, it's always different when the boot is on the other foot.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

he is human and exposing those who sold their souls to a machine that's opressing humanity.

if the scoundrels had nothing to hide, there would be no hysteria.

if there was a shred of defense possible for the actions of governments, they would not seek to hide their criminal behavior.

let the sun shine on the vampires and lets see who turns to ashes and smoke.

ideally all would be in the open and governments would not have to hide their questionable behavior.

this young man is definetly a hero for our age, lets hope many more follow his path.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, he said in his original interview that he "could have" obtained material on individuals, but his design was not to target individuals, that that would not accomplish anything. He said his goal was to expose the system, not people, so I have some doubts? So far, he has done exactly that, so I expect he is true to his word.

Now, are there other programs they do not want exposed? Most assuredly, and they could guarantee him life insurance as much as info on individuals could.

ETA: I just had another thought that has been running around in my head. It is known he went to WaPo first, and they refused to carry the story. The IRS comes seemingly out of nowhere, and admits they have been improperly targetting certain groups. At the time, no one could explain WHY the IRS did that? What made them come out and admit what they were doing and isaue an apology? Could it be fear of Snowden whistleblowing on them, too? One has to wonder, as closely timed as the two events were, as well as the rest of the "scandalanche". Now the State Department sex scandal? It's all tumbling out, too conveniently to be coincidental.

We all knew someone was behind it, perhaps he has been the trigger, threatening either out yourselves, or I will.

It's something to consider. Perhaps he used his own resources.

edit on 12-6-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
You might be right mate, well i hope you are.

He'd better start releasing a few juicy teasers, they're already calling him a traitor and all the rest of it, in an eerilly similar manner to how they started in on Assange when it was his turn...and that poor bugger has been holed up in a tiny flat, essentially a prisoner since.

Cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war. IOW...show us the dirt Snowden, and put the buggers on the backfoot.

There may be a method to his "madness". Maybe he's letting all the players take their positions publicly. In this way, they will be further exposed once he comes forward with the rest of what he has. Or, it could be something else similar but not the same.

If he had help from others within, they could be working behind the scenes, using the threat of his release, as a bargaining chip to negotiate with. I just have some sneaking suspicion that the DoD or people within, that are behind this. Look at what's happened to many of them during Obama's tenure. Look at what happened to Petreous. Those that wanted him out for either not playing ball or other reasons, probably obtained the emails through this very program.

This event runs much deeper than some kid out on his own wanting to do the right thing. Much deeper.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

That could be likely or just the opposite could be true. He could have no other information and is just blowing hot air to keep the authorities on their toes. You know kind of like what Anonymous does from time to time when they claim they have a bunch of government documents and threaten to release them then never do.

I'm really not trying to be a wet blanket here. I really appreciate what this guy is doing, I'm just not ready to go blindly follow and support this guy until some real damaging info gets released. The info released so far is far from damaging and only needs the medicine of time and a little MSM spin magic for the American public to forget about it. Eh... Maybe I'm just jaded, but the way I see it, you really need to rock the boat (practically capsize it) in order to make some real waves these days, everything else tptb can damage control.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Giving them enough rope?

Maybe...maybe he is.

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks coming on i reckon.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

"If you can't TRUST Us, then were are going to have problems".

Snowden did make some indications that there was more information.

I sure hope that he evenly distributed it through out the country.

If he still has it with him, Which I Doubt, then he is in more danger then he could possibly conceive.

If they (the guys you always read about with the specialized tools), get a hold of him, they are going to clock in and go to work. Forget water boarding, as that is a walk in the park comparatively speaking.

I sure wish him the best of luck and Hope that he gets away "Scott Free".

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I am sure with a High Degree of certainty that he is Not trying to blow SunShine up their Skirt.

They KNOW that he is a Real Threat and has the potential to do some Serious Damage.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by Bilk22

That could be likely or just the opposite could be true. He could have no other information and is just blowing hot air to keep the authorities on their toes. You know kind of like what Anonymous does from time to time when they claim they have a bunch of government documents and threaten to release them then never do.

I'm really not trying to be a wet blanket here. I really appreciate what this guy is doing, I'm just not ready to go blindly follow and support this guy until some real damaging info gets released. The info released so far is far from damaging and only needs the medicine of time and a little MSM spin magic for the American public to forget about it. Eh... Maybe I'm just jaded, but the way I see it, you really need to rock the boat (practically capsize it) in order to make some real waves these days, everything else tptb can damage control.

Yes but he's not "anonymous". He put a face and a name to it. Very big difference. For all we know, anonymous is a psyop and probably is. If I were in his position and contemplating doing what he did, I certainly have more information as insurance. It's a good bet he does. It's also a good bet he couldn't have done this without help as the watchers are also watched. So somewhere along the line, there was a break in protocol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join