It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 282
<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by jimmyx

ok....can't wait for some black guy to shoot some 17 year old white kid on a street at night, and claim he was fearful for his life and that's why he shot him.

Why are you detrmined to bring race in to this?

What cant it it just be a case of one person shotting another? Why does it have to be a white guy shooting a black? Both are people why does colour have to be involved in this

because of Zimmermans own recorded 911 calls, the he had previously made.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jimmyx

LOLOLOL

It actually happened and was in the news yesterday. The black guy got off on self defense. I will see if I can find the story.

Yep. I heard that story yesterday too.

They are constantly trying to implement 'race' as the factor around this incident, which is incorrect. They ignore the facts, and react off of racially-motivated emotion.

I know, and what is frustrating to me is racism in my generation is DEAD. I nderstand it till exists, but if it's dead with my peers then I imagine the same is true for people younger than me. _ really don't think anything of skin color. *s I said previously, of my last 4 girlfriends, on was white. Now if a black guy is dressed thugged out and has a gan vibe.. I might avoid him, but no more than I would avoid an obvious redneck.

For some reason as it fades I see a lot of minorities claiming it's worse? My black friend posted on your black world ( a black news site) saying Zimmerman was innocent and was immediately attacked as a self hating black person. If you go there and look on the recent zimmerman posts you will see his comments.. I was shcoked. One woman said Zim said the n word, and anther told my friend he was no better than the white racists. I have never judged someone on their skin (actually I. Recently developed a huge crush on a black girl.. but got turned down : T, she said she didn't date white guys which was doubly bummer.)
edit on 13-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

What about them?! He didn't make up the race of te people. You don't know if he ever saw a suspicious white person. What if he would've called on a white guy just the same, but didn't see any? I mean the two cases that were crimes that he got involved in were black guys.. that's a reality. Your argumet is invalid.

link   
reply to post by jimmyx

if he feared his life was in danger, why did he get out of his vehicle, even after the police ordered him to stay in it.
He never spoke with police. He was told he shouldn't follow by a $9 per hour civilian 911 dispatcher who has no more legal authority than you or me.

he had a loaded gun,
Legally carried for self defense...not offense. If he had the intention of using it to confront TM he would have brandished it prior to any confrontation, no?

he assumed TM was criminal because he was black,
Not because he was black; because he was wearing a hoodie (in Florida] at night, he didn't look like a resident and he was walking around in a high crime area alone.

That and he wanted to physically confront TM.
Then why didn't he confront TM??? Have you been following the case? He was keeping an eye on him. When he lost sight, he got out of his vehicle for a closer look and TM popped out and confronted him.

there is no fear, no stand your ground, no self defense, he was out to show this n****r who was boss, and he succeeded.
Based on your distorted view of the events I can see how you draw those conclusions. Unfortunately your view isn't based on the actual events of that night. Please stop making stuff up and pay attention. If you had the facts straight your conclusion would likely be different.

link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

ok....can't wait for some black guy to shoot some 17 year old white kid on a street at night, and claim he was fearful for his life and that's why he shot him.

Why are you detrmined to bring race in to this?

What cant it it just be a case of one person shotting another? Why does it have to be a white guy shooting a black? Both are people why does colour have to be involved in this

Well, if we look at the facts, the comment made on the 911 call had nothing to do with race, until the 911 operator asked for the description. Zimmerman had not even mentioned 'black' until the dispatcher had to go back and ask him again for the color of the suspect.

So not only did Zimmerman not even know what Martin's race was, he didn't even care.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

REMINDER~~~

Members who troll, bait others, and/or continue to attempt to derail the thread face the possibility of temporary posting bans.
There have been enough warnings in this thread about civil behavior....
  • You are responsible for your own posts.
  • We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

• Go after the ball not the player.
  • I Don't Agree with YOU...

• Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It
  • What is a troll?
  • Trolling, And What To Do About It

• posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:02 AM
    link   

if he feared his life was in danger, why did he get out of his vehicle, even after the police ordered him to stay in it.

1 - the police didn't 'order him to stay in it'. The dispatch said 'we don't need you to do that' (follow Martin) but then said 'let us know what he is doing' (which means, keep an eye on him).

2 - He didn't think his life was in danger until Martin was on top of him, ground and pound style, beating the snot out of him. THAT is when he feared for his life.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
    link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
    The talking heads are naming the biggest blunders of both teams, and of course they are saying the biggest blunder from the Defense was the 'knock-knock' joke.

Defense: "Knock-knock. Who's there? George Zimmerman. George Zimmerman who? Congratulations- you are on the jury."

Actually, I understand it. They were VERY simply saying to not bring in any pre-concieved notions about this case.

I liked it.

Yeah that's just an old lawyer joe that is very clever ad has probably been used a million times. I think they thought it was distasteful because they thought it was tailored to this case which was about a alleged murder. It could be used in any trial and it's funn.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
    link   

What, exactly, about the calls makes it racist?

If you are referring to the doctored calls promoted by CNN, who cut out the 911 dispatcher asking what race was the suspect. This has been shown to be an edited obviously race-baiting recording that did not even remotely represent the actual recording. CNN people were fired for it (I was thinking it was NBC).

Point being, the 911 dispatcher testified during the trial....perhaps you should watch that and the ACTUAL recording on youtube.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:08 AM
    link   
    reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The more I think about it .. the more I think that this deserves it's own thread.
    This is a conspiracy site and this is it's own conspiracy.
    Related to the Zimmerman trial for sure ... but it's it's own story.

This was YOUR news GogoVicMorrow. If you want to start a thread, it's all yours ....
    Corruption and manipulation of evidence in the Zimmerman case.
    Whistleblower gets fired instead of being held up as a hero.

It's not just about the trial - which this thread is about.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:11 AM
    link   

A producer for NBC News has been fired for editing a recording of George Zimmerman's call to police the night he fatally shot Trayvon Martin.

The New York Times is reporting that "the person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters."

The dismissal of the Miami-based producer, whose name has not been publicized, followed an internal investigation by NBC, which led to the network apologizing earlier this week for having aired the deceptive audio.

The recording aired on NBC's "Today" show on March 27, when the audio viewers heard suggested that Zimmerman volunteered to police, without provocation, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

But the tape had been edited, and the portion where the 911 dispatcher specifically asks Zimmerman if the person in question was "black, white or Hispanic," was deleted.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:19 AM
    link   
    Here's a really good idea ....

Dershowitz: Zimmerman Prosecutors 'Should Be Disbarred'

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz says the prosecutors in the George Zimmerman murder trial should be charged with "prosecutorial misconduct" for suggesting the defendant planned the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin. "That is something no prosecutor should be allowed to get away with … to make up a story from whole cloth," Dershowitz told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV. "These prosecutors should be disbarred. They have acted absolutely irresponsibly in an utterly un-American fashion."

Not to mention the fact that the prosecutions closing arguments rebuttal basically said ... 'to hell with the law, decide this with your emotions, with the heart. Ignore the facts. Just go with how you feel.' Technically, to decide a case based on that is AGAINST THE LAW. Their closing remarks were urging the jurors to break the law.

and as for reasonable doubt -

"Nobody knows who started the initial physical encounter, who threw the first blow — and if you don't know that you have to have a reasonable doubt," he said.

"Nobody knows for sure who screamed, 'Help me, help me.' You have to have a reasonable doubt about that. Nobody knows for sure who was on top and who was on bottom, though the overwhelming forensic evidence suggests that Zimmerman was on the bottom having his head banged by a younger, stronger man. You have to have reasonable doubt there."

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:19 AM
    link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
    link   

if he feared his life was in danger, why did he get out of his vehicle, even after the police ordered him to stay in

Man.. almost 300 pages in and you still haven( understood that A.) The 911 dispatch is not a police and can't give commans and DIDN'T give a command and was nevr told don't get out and B.) Zimmerman was already out of his truck when the operator told him "we don't eed you to follow, and C.) Zimmerman said Okay and stopped, and D.) Even if he hadn't it wasn't illegal and he wasn't told not to.

I mean Jesus Christ how can you not get that after 300 pages of explanation. He was jumped on his way back to his truck which he didn't even have to do. He complied completely and was assaulted for no reason!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:22 AM
    link   
    reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah when I head that I though what the hell?

He is encourging perjury

Form cases I have seen in UK he would get striped of his licence to pratice law and face a big fine......

edit on 13-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:23 AM
    link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I think most of common sense America would agree with you there.
    edit on Sat Jul 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:26 AM
    link   
    reply to post by FlyersFan

He is the same cat that said Angela Corey the worthlss special prosecutor hired by the doj should be charged for falsifying the arrest warrant for Zim. I thik Zim should get a crack at suing her.

She also just fired the it gu that blew the whistle on the prosecution for withholding evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:26 AM
    link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Also most of common sense America would NOT follow someone that has NOT committed a crime around with a gun through a dark neighborhood.

But hey if GZ is acquitted this will set the precedent that you can start a fight and if you can't win you can execute whoever you are fighting with, because you feared for your life.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
    link   
    I too was shocked that an objection was not called, nor a warning by the judge. In fact, she just sat there and smiled

He literally told the jury to "ignore the facts, and think with their hearts".

Hopefully, the legal brain of the jury is back there explaining to the rest of them how wrong that was, and to explain to them that he asked them to do that because there was nothing about the case that he could prove.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:29 AM
    link   

Originally posted by muse7

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Also most of common sense America would NOT follow someone that has NOT committed a crime around with a gun through a dark neighborhood.

But hey if GZ is acquitted this will set the precedent that you can start a fight and if you can't win you can execute whoever you are fighting with, because you feared for your life.

He never started a fight.

This has been disproven pretty much by BOTH the Defense AND the Prosecution.

top topics

<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join