It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 280
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Not good. I was expecting the verdict to be reached today within just a few hours...

I figured it would be at least Sunday.

The initial vote tells us a lot. If they were on the same page, this would have been done last night in the initial vote right after they decided the fore-person. The jury is obviously split.

From reading the live feed information from the reporters in the court room, my GUESS is that it's split 4-2. The four women in the front row were very relaxed and had seemed to have made up their minds before closing. The two women in the back were 'emotional' and one even had a tear flow down her cheek during the prosecutions closing rebuttal. (she fell for his 'small child alone in the dark and scared' bull that he was feeding the mothers in order to get them to forget the LAW and instead to vote with their HEARTS :shk: )

So my guess .. which we'll never know if it's true ... initial vote was probably 4 not guilty and 2 guilty (of something). But like I said .. that's just a guess based upon what the in-court reporters were saying about the jurors.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
if they're to be instructed that they can't convict based on emotion, then why is it allowed for lawyers to play on the emotion card?

EVERYTHING in the prosecutions closing statement rebuttal went to emotion. It was devoid of facts. All it did was say over and over ... Zimmerman is a big fat liar cop-wannabe and Martin was a poor innocent scared little child alone in the dark. It was
And if I was on the jury I'd be insulted at being talked to like that. Instead of facts, the jury was fed emotions ... that's insulting to intelligence.

Although ... at least one of the jurors had a tear roll down her cheek from that drivel.
So I guess a person doesn't have to be intelligent to actually serve on jury duty. :shk:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Link didn't work. I wanted to share it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I also heard the judge gave very fast paced and convuluted jury instructions.

I watched the jury instructions. It was just a word for word of what was in the packet that the jury was going to get. I was able to follow it. I just hope that the jury follows the LAW and not the emotional bull that the prosecution is trying to use. Technically, the verdict should be because of the LAW and not because of EMOTION. It's very clear in the instructions ...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

They were insanely convuluted. They are the judges own. They were very repetitive and she burned through them as fast as possible and sure the jury as the 12 pages ro read again, but wht if they don't amd thinkg they understand based on her recitation? I hear multiple lawyers say they found them repetitive and confusing (adding "and I'm a lawyer!"

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, but you agree.that the two emotional jurors are a concern. It would only be an emotional ordeal if the kid was innocent (jst being real) so I worry about those two. I mean pretty boy's rebuttal was a joke. Mark Omara should have gotten the dummy and shown how someone could get to the gu with someone straddling them. Pros said it was physically impossible, the jur would be dimwits to believe that. When Martin went from straddling mma to slamming the head you had to left (usually the left leg for leverage. Even disregarding that possibilit how ca the pros lie and say it was physicaly impossible? Who could believe that.

Omara gave a good close but he should have used some passion. He said he he drooped the rock for show he would me held in contemp, but I bet the defense could have pulled it lol.

I hope the jury also notices that the prosecution lied about Z confronting Martin. The transcript of R jeantel said two important things (besides the lies) I hope the jury considers. First she said Martin confronted Z, and second she said "I thought it was just another fight."

I really hope and expect a acquite, but I am afraid they think manslaugter is like 3-5 years. O one with a conscious could give a verdict like that with as much doubt as exists. I hope those two crying weren't covert jurors. I think the other jurors turn them to common sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Young turks, while a little lefty used to be okay sometimes. They just look like idiots. So what he was wearking khakis and a hoodie. I have seen him shirtless flippinf off a camera with a gold grill, seen his straw purchased gun, seen him discuss drinking lean, seen him discuss selling and buying guns illegally (with his horrible influence father), seen him discuss assaulting people and starting fights, and read of him being busted with burglary tools and jewelry while he was being searched after busted for vandalism oh let's not forget that he assaulted Z.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Hey, flyer, if you don't mind (and since you have pretty much owned this thread and done the OPs job for him could you please keep us thoroghly updated if possible. I think today will be the day, and I'm working a 12 hour .

I hate that I might miss some harrowing news toda.

If you are able of course.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I can't say for sure they are split, but I am worried about those two emotional women. Really to 3 hours of deliberation yesterday wasn't a long time if they go over six then I would say you are right for sure. I think maybe they just want to go over everything.

If they are split that means someone is basing their opinion on emotion and they aren't the best picked jury, but the way the media hit this thing I think the possibility of at least one or two covert jurors is possible. I am pretty sure one of the jurors (don't think it was an alt) said she initially thought it was a racial thing. I have no idea how she made it on. I seriously would attend any protest if he is convixted because ithat means this could happen to me or a loved one. I have always told my girlfriends, friends , and brother to carry.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew

Obviously no one was right there to give the blow by blow but it is not uncommon that when someone gets punched & knocked down that they instinctively grab on to whats in front of them, in this case it would be Trayvon. I find it completely plausible that this was the case and may have been the reason Trayvon continued to throw punches, to get Zimmerman to release him.

Obviously this is all speculation, but I think it may be the reason they did not focus on that one fact, because reasonable doubt could easily be made with regards to your assumption that Trayvon was simply teeing off on a helpless and defenseless Zimmerman.

I heard an interesting description of Florida law regarding self-defense last night on one of the talking heads shows.

It seems one could be the aggressor, initiate a fight, and yet once you felt you were at risk of "imminent death or bodily harm" you could exercise deadly force legally.

Seems like a defense that would be much more difficult to establish though, if you were the aggressor.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yeah, but you agree.that the two emotional jurors are a concern.

Yes. The law is clear. Emotions are not supposed to be part of the process. I hope the four jurors who are calm can get the emotional ones to calm down and look at facts. Otherwise, we go back to 'rule by mob mentality'.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So when does the next episiode of Law and order Florida start?

My thought on the injurys sufferd by Zimmerman. Well under British law now (or it might still be going through parliment so may not be in books yet) the court has to take into account that fear could make a threat seems worse than it actually is and so disproportiante force can be used. Is this not the same in Florida? That fear should be factored in to the fight hence makeing the use of a gun in a fist fight justible?
edit on 13-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

As long as I can wrestle the laptop away from my husband and my 17 year old daughter I'll post whatever updates I can. During the week, I"m home by myself and because of my health I can't get out much so I can update and update. Weekends I have 'company' during the day. So I have to share the laptop.
I'll do what I can.

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Totally agree with this post.

edit on 7/13/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The law says that he didn't have to be in a fatal situation .. just that he had to believe the situation could be fatal. He had to fear or believe his life was in danger. It didn't actually have to be. Is that the kind of 'fear' that you are talking about?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The law says that he didn't have to be in a fatal situation .. just that he had to believe the situation could be fatal. He had to fear or believe his life was in danger. It didn't actually have to be. Is that the kind of 'fear' that you are talking about?

Yeah exactly so similair to what they are going to roll out over here. Just wanted clarification as naturaly I dont know all the nusiances of US law. But yeah its perty solid then that its was a justified use of force.
edit on 13-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yeah, but you agree.that the two emotional jurors are a concern.

Yes. The law is clear. Emotions are not supposed to be part of the process. I hope the four jurors who are calm can get the emotional ones to calm down and look at facts. Otherwise, we go back to 'rule by mob mentality'.

This has been my consensus since yesterday.

I believe the jury spokesperson is a bit of a 'legal' head and understands the law more than the others, and of course she sides with the 'Acquits'.

So I think yesterday's deliberation was mostly the acquits trying to get the manslaughters on board, and they needed to do so with the list of evidence.

Probably said they'll sleep on it, and HOPEFULLY get swayed.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The jury is walking in.....

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
The jury is walking in.....

... and now they are walking out to deliberate. A quick questioning by the judge ....
And now we wait ... and the talking heads talk ... and talk ... and talk ...

The LAW is clear ... this SHOULD be 'not guilty'.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

She's 17 you can just assume there is a reason she loses net priveleges for the day ; P.

Oh and when she's 20 give her my number (
I'm a young enough gent I believe).
edit on 13-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

if he feared his life was in danger, why did he get out of his vehicle, even after the police ordered him to stay in it. he had a loaded gun, he assumed TM was criminal because he was black, and he wanted to physically confront TM. there is no fear, no stand your ground, no self defense, he was out to show this n****r who was boss, and he succeeded.

top topics

<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join