It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 283
<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

But hey if GZ is acquitted this will set the precedent that you can start a fight and if you can't win you can execute whoever you are fighting with, because you feared for your life.

This is generally against the law. There is an exception for trying to leave an encounter.

If you statement is based on lack of evidence then there are many crimes committed where lack of evidence has allowed the person to be not found guilty. The mob seemed to be good at working in that way.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Also most of common sense America would NOT follow someone that has NOT committed a crime around with a gun through a dark neighborhood.

But hey if GZ is acquitted this will set the precedent that you can start a fight and if you can't win you can execute whoever you are fighting with, because you feared for your life.

You'd almost have a point if your post was't a lie start to finish. Zimmerman didn't really follow Martin, he was looking for him. Martin escaped running, made it home and then he followed and confronted Zimmerman instead of going inside his house. Then Martin confronted and attacked Zim. This is undisputed by the prosecution. They never once said Zimmerman attacked,a nd their star witness admitted Martin confronted Zimmerman first. The precedence is already set. When someoe starts a fight and starts beating you senseless you can use deadly force to end it. Were you one of the people they always paraded down thehallways past open class doors while I had to work on my school work? You guys sure got a lot of field trips.
edit on Sat Jul 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I came in here only to comment on this matter because I have been following the thread for awhile now. To tell you the truth I am not impressed with low intel sites such as this one - along with GLP, cluesforum, letsRoll, and all the rest. Most commentary seems to be on the level of GED High School grads, ex military and cops, and most of the staff and mods seems very Blackwater types to me. Just look at their menacing avatars. Macho guys on steroids etc. Oh - such is life on the internet for women of strength and integrity.

Now - to the point. As an ultra discreet feminist I will tell you flat out that the closing statements by Mr Guy were an insult to us all. He was essentially ranting on about the fact that since women cannot use their common sense and their intelligence "like we men can" its best to appeal to your baser instincts based on emotion.

I predict a hung jury - one woman will stand up to the rest.

By the way......Mr Z is not being tried by a jury of his peers. An all female jury is a farce and probably illegal. Besides that there should be 12 jurors - his peers!
edit on 13-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The more I think about it .. the more I think that this deserves it's own thread.
This is a conspiracy site and this is it's own conspiracy.
Related to the Zimmerman trial for sure ... but it's it's own story.

This was YOUR news GogoVicMorrow. If you want to start a thread, it's all yours ....
Corruption and manipulation of evidence in the Zimmerman case.
Whistleblower gets fired instead of being held up as a hero.

It's not just about the trial - which this thread is about.

Unless someone beats me to it, I will make a thread on it here a bit later. I am at work right now. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do it up right.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysistrata

Besides that there should be 12 jurors - his peers!

It seems Florida figures a person only gets 6 to decide a person fate unless the death penalty is on the line.

Maybe this is their work around for those pesky juries where it wasn't easy to convince a larger group of a person's guilt.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Unless someone beats me to it, I will make a thread on it here a bit later.

Looking forward to it. I am really surprised the prosecution was so ill prepared for this case. I mean majority of their witnesses played well for the defense. You would think that they would have an idea what the witnesses would say and would make sure everything was in the favor of the prosecution's view.

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysistrata
I came in here only to comment on this matter because I have been following the thread for awhile now. To tell you the truth I am not impressed with low intel sites such as this one - along with GLP, cluesforum, letsRoll, and all the rest. Most commentary seems to be on the level of GED High School grads, ex military and cops, and most of the staff and mods seems very Blackwater types to me. Just look at their menacing avatars. Macho guys on steroids etc. Oh - such is life on the internet for women of strength and integrity.

Now - to the point. As an ultra discreet feminist I will tell you flat out that the closing statements by Mr Guy were an insult to us all. He was essentially ranting on about the fact that since women cannot use their common sense and their intelligence "like we men can" its best to appeal to your baser instincts based on emotion.

I predict a hung jury - one woman will stand up to the rest.

By the way......Mr Z is not being tried by a jury of his peers. An all female jury is a farce and probably illegal. Besides that there should be 12 jurors - his peers!
edit on 13-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

Is this sarcasm? Saying you are a feminist then saying a jury of women aren't his peers? Lol you sound more like a misogynist! Also you don't understand this kind of case, there are only 6 jurors. Also, I doubt you read the whole thread, but most people here are probably some f the most informed. We know this case inside and out. Also your characterizations are downright absurd.. maybe it's sarcasm, but it doesn't sound like it. What ann odd post.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Isn't there a rule of thumb that a lawyer doesn't ask a question he doesn't know what the answer will be. That didn't seem play out well for the prosecution often. (that assumes they didn't want the answer to hurt their case)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I wonder if - "Dennis Baxley, a Republican state representative still thinks Z will be found guilty", interesting ...

Florida's Republican lawmakers made it crystal clear what the outcome will be months ago:

"Dennis Baxley, a Republican state representative and co-author of the 2005 self-defense law, said Zimmerman negated his ability to claim immunity under the law by chasing Martin. Former Republican State Sen. Durell Peadon, another co-author of the law, said Zimmerman "has no protection under my law."
source : www.huffingtonpost.com...

Republican Jeb Bush ...also

“This law does not apply to this particular circumstance. Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

source globalgrind.com...

We will see! I still think Not Guilty on all charges. If found guilty it will go to appeal and a new trial.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by Lysistrata

Besides that there should be 12 jurors - his peers!

It seems Florida figures a person only gets 6 to decide a person fate unless the death penalty is on the line.

Maybe this is their work around for those pesky juries where it wasn't easy to convince a larger group of a person's guilt.

Let's be real it'd be a miracle to coe up with 12 unbiased jurors. I already suspect a few coverts, and severa if atnot all admitted to know about the case before hand. One of the (or maybe al alternate) even admitted she though it was racial. I'm starting to worry he didn't get an impartial jury.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Also most of common sense America would NOT follow someone that has NOT committed a crime around with a gun through a dark neighborhood.
Take the gun out of the equation for a minute. Would you be outraged if GZ followed him without a gun (while talking to 911)? He was keeping an eye on the neighborhood…neighborhood watch. Is it illegal to watch or follow? Is it illegal to walk around in a neighborhood?

You’re starting with a false premise. Zimmerman didn’t start a fight….he was following and informing authorities of the suspicious person’s whereabouts. If Zimmerman started a fight, where are the marks on TM? Are you saying he started the fight but didn’t land a single blow?

It's important for people to understand the facts of the case we know so far because we can't have a serious discussion if some people still don't know what happened.

edit on 13-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Florida's Republican lawmakers made it crystal clear what the outcome will be months ago

Given some of the laws politician write and the number they vote in without reading and understanding, I have my doubts about much of what they speak of law wise.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Florida's Republican lawmakers made it crystal clear what the outcome will be months ago:

Merely a politician trying to protect his reputation. If nobody would have made a big deal out of this case, this statement wouldn't even exist.

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The jury requested an inventory list of all the evidence and was able to look through and think about it ALL NIGHT.

To me, that's a good sign for the defense, because if they were absolutely swayed by the prosecution and used 'only emotion', there would be no need for a thorough look at the evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

To me, that's a good sign for the defense, because if they were absolutely swayed by the prosecution and used 'only emotion', there would be no need for a thorough look at the evidence.

One hopes, but emotions can be very powerful. That's the reason many are expecting a conviction despite the fact that the prosecution offered nothing in their case.

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

its against the courts rules to deliberate outside of the jury room.

I'm not guilty of a one liner.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I agree with muze7. We can pick a fight that I can't win and finish the guy off with the gun. That is exactly the morale of this story. GZ started the fiasco, first he decided to bring a gun along, he follow TM, ignored his neighborhood watch guide lines, ignored police dispatchers and ended up killin someone who commited no crime. He was the busy body and he pulled the trigger. I have had my ass kicked many times, but never shot the person,
That is the difference dude.

edit on Sat Jul 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

One hopes, but emotions can be very powerful. That's the reason many are expecting a conviction despite the fact that the prosecution offered nothing in their case.

Peace

I thought the prosecutions case was just fine. How many fights in the world?
How many of those end up in someone getting shot and killed?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefleas

We can pick a fight that I can't win and finish the guy off with the gun.

Only if you can prove in a court of law that you really feared for your life. Zimmerman has proven that as the prosecution showed nothing to contradict what zimmerman felt.

GZ started the fiasco, first he decided to bring a gun along, he follow TM, ignored his neighborhood watch guide lines, ignored police dispatchers and ended up killin someone who commited no crime.

I see a lot of emotions in the statement above. Go to youtube, watch the trial again and look for the evidence (facts) and you will see the truth.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join