It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened before the big bang?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
What amazes me is that 20 years ago, no one would openly ask this question as people either didn't care or were scared of creating a creationist v evolutionist argument.

Except that physicists have been asking that question for several hundreds of years, and making progress on the answer for a hundred years. Philosophers have been asking it for thousands of years. So except for that, yeah.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
We Do Not Know. is a good answer.

Why get satisfied with a "creation theory" some retard 3000 yrs ago made up from getting high in a bush....

What i am saying is, it is better to keep searching for an answer that it to be happy with someone's theory.

Science provides with so many theories(they can't all be true) of what happened before the big bang...which keeps me excited and want to know more...

So far i'm going to side with "we are in a continuous loop of a previous universe which created this from its remains......which was on a continuous loop.. etc"... i just like this theory... i don't believe in it or think its true.

Theories are vital parts of research.

With a plausible theory, you can sort through the facts and test the opinions.

On this particular topic, some test cannot be done (with our current technology), so all we can do is form valid theories....we keep doing that untilt the next valid theory is formed, until the next, until the next....

That's call research.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's very simple really. Our universe is a secondary universe. It is a simulation created in a primary universe. There is a growing amount of evidence pointing towards the possibility that we live in a simulation. The primary (original) universe probably has different physics than what we are accustomed to. For example, it many have no concept of time (no beginning/end) or has infinite time (all events, including a beginning, an end, and everything in between occur simultaneously) which would negate the question of the origin of that universe.

Obviously there is no way to prove this, but I believe this is one of the best explanation to the problem you proposed.
edit on 6/12/2013 by Pistoche because: Rewording for better clarity.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pistoche
It's very simple really. Our universe is a secondary universe. It is a simulation created in a primary universe. There is a growing amount of evidence pointing towards the possibility that we live in a simulation. The primary (original) universe probably has different physics than what we are accustomed to. For example, it many have no concept of time (no beginning/end) or has infinite time (all events, including a beginning, an end, and everything in between occur simultaneously) which would negate the question of the origin of that universe.

Obviously there is no way to prove this, but I believe this is one of the best explanation to the problem you proposed.
edit on 6/12/2013 by Pistoche because: Rewording for better clarity.

I thought about this just the computing power you we need makes it impossible.Heres what i mean a universe is simulated including the minds of all the individuals in the simulation. Then they create a simulation now think the original simulation has to recreate everything again according to the simulations program. This computer would end up the size of the universe by the time this happens over and over.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Wow, you took d words rite out my mouth. Good point there. Agree totally 2ur reply.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

you are right ,all matter is disassembling and reassembling so fast they can not measure the freq.Sub atomic particles are streaming in many times the speed of light to reform atoms.matter is also GENERATED in frames .It is possible that when we drive down the road there is nothing over the hill until we get there and are the OBSERVOR of the generated scenario.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
God, this subject absolutely fascinates me, although i usually stay away from posting on these threads because i dont think im well read enough in physics to give any sort of worthwhile contribution.
The trouble with all the simulation/multiverse/the universe is on a loop/the universe was made by two particles colliding theories, the trouble is with them, is that they dont explain the actual creation/origin of the universe.
I find the whole conundrum so exciting, because it is the ultimate puzzle, each possibilty (universe was always here, or a creator made it), are both equally as bizarre. I tend to go with the creator theory because my poor human mind, obsessed with linear time, cannot fathom something always been around,
I would love to hear the oracles(phages) theory. I dont think even he could come up with some explanation.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

This universe is astounding and to think we are in a simulation still like someone said doesn't answer the origin of the universe. How we will ever be able to answer this question I do not know, unless we come in contact with some creator or highly advanced civilization that already knows the answer.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
God and Mary had a baby and they called him Jesus.
That's all you need to know.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Am I correct in the assumption that baby jesus is the answer to all?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Whatever theory is the most simple and elegant tends to be correct. So my theory of 2 particles coliding wins lol. It answers everything.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
THE BIG FORE-PLAY

Ba da bing.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
reply to post by thedoctorswife

This universe is astounding and to think we are in a simulation still like someone said doesn't answer the origin of the universe. How we will ever be able to answer this question I do not know, unless we come in contact with some creator or highly advanced civilization that already knows the answer.

A colleague of mine was telling me something she said to her mother when she was small, "do i exist?) My point being we have absolutely no idea of the truth, I could be God and all of you are what i have created the chill out with. Its all so mysterious, everything is possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
Whatever theory is the most simple and elegant tends to be correct. So my theory of 2 particles coliding wins lol. It answers everything.

Where did the two particles come from? What kind of space did they exist in? Just two particles existing in infinite space and they happen to collide? What were they composed of?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Where did the two particles come from? What kind of space did they exist in? Just two particles existing in infinite space and they happen to collide? What were they composed of?
did you read the thread? I have already answered.
In our universe particles collide all the time, at cern there are trillions of collisions. The particles come from a much larger universe,the particles could have been blackholes or electrons,or muons or any kind of particle.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

You can add to that - where did the INTELLIGENCE came from to put the Universe together?

Only one answer.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

What happened before the big bang was the thought of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Obviously there was nothing before the big bang,the particles had not colided yet! Think about it

So something(particle) came from nothing? Which object broke Newtons 1st law and moved by itself?

The real answer is what one of the poster said above. Nobody knows including religious or scientist. Our understanding of physics can't explain how something comes from nothing.

In addition the notion that God must have created because we can't explain it is also non fact based. Just because you can't understand something or explain something doesn't mean that a God had to created it. It just means that you don't know. Why is it so difficult to comprehend that we including scientist don't have the answers to everything nor is it likely that we will during our lifetime.

Note I tend to lean more to the scientific approach and believe religion is a farce and consider myself agnostic. Mostly becaue science cant fully explain the first of everything. Therefore , I can't say without a doubt that some creator didn't exist or maybe our understanding of our reality is so primitive that we haven't got a clue what is possible or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

the particles came from a particle colider from an even larger universe. Why do you beleive that the universe had a beginning? Its turtles all the way down, like the mandelbrot set,google it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by interupt42

the particles came from a particle colider from an even larger universe. Why do you beleive that the universe had a beginning? Its turtles all the way down, like the mandelbrot set,google it.

I don't believe it has a beginning , I just don't know either way. However, our understanding of physics says that something can't come from nothing and where did that other universe come from or its particle, .......?

So what was the first of everything? Bottom line you can come up with theories but in the end the real answer is we don't factually know. Otherwise their wouldn't be any debates or research among the scientific community about this. It would be law of physics to explain it rather than theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join