It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened before the big bang?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In posting this thread let me clear some things up at first. I do not believe in a god but I am open to hear everyones side of the discussion. So please do tell me. Unless its the creation theory. Then I have to say with all due respect I have heard it enough and it doesn't suffice for me. I am saying that you believe the big bang theory. Thinking the big bang is the real beginning, I have a question I am sure has been asked before.

What happened before the big bang? I know the science of it and some theories say that the universe is ever expanding and contracting so its just a repeated occurrence but what caused the first occurrence to even happen? How did something come from nothing? In my head its just hard to believe that something has always existed which is my problems with believing in god. How can the universe have just always been here?

If "Matter cannot be created nor destroyed" is true then how did the universe come to exist in the beginning?

I am sure many of you do not know and have no answer for this but its very interesting to think about and of all the things that trouble me this is one of the most troubling. It makes absolute no sense to me to think that it has simple always existed.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Our universe was created by the colision of 2 particles from a much larger univers. Simples and elegant. Unless someone claims we live in a box i.e limits on the size of things then this is the most logical answer.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I understand what you are saying but It makes no sense when you think about it because how can there be something that existed without being created?
It just blows my mind. I dont get it at all. Where did those two particles come from and where did the much larger universe come from?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We Do Not Know. is a good answer.

Why get satisfied with a "creation theory" some retard 3000 yrs ago made up from getting high in a bush....

What i am saying is, it is better to keep searching for an answer that it to be happy with someone's theory.

Science provides with so many theories(they can't all be true) of what happened before the big bang...which keeps me excited and want to know more...

So far i'm going to side with "we are in a continuous loop of a previous universe which created this from its remains......which was on a continuous loop.. etc"... i just like this theory... i don't believe in it or think its true.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've heard some people say that there was no "before" before the big bang since time also didn't exist before that poin and time came into being at the moment of the big bang. That's something I have trouble wrapping my head around, also.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

A much larger universe,its turtles all the way down. A better question would be where did the energy of everything come from?
At cern they colide particles to recreate the conditions of a few seconds after the big bang. May be our universe is inside a huge particle colider,built by humans,in a much larger universe? I actually believe this to be the case. Scientific and a intelligent creater,or if your anerican- creatOR at the same time.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

It irks me to know that we haven't the slightest clue about what could have been before everything. It makes you think really hard and to no avail because we can think about it all we want and still we have no way of knowing yet. I honestly cant think of an explanation at all. I'm left clueless when thinking about this.

This brings into question religion and spirituality because if nothing existed before the big bang then how did the big bang occur at all? I am no believe and have no faith. If nothing existed before the big bang then what happened in that nothing to create something? And if that happened then the law that matter cannot be created nor destroyed is wrong.

If a god exists then how did that god exist before everything? What created it? These questions lurk in my mind all of the time and I never come to a satisfying conclusion.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

This may be annoying but I have to ask, what happened before that other universe began? How did it come to be?

Do you see the complications?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Obviously there was nothing before the big bang,the particles had not colided yet! Think about it

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think the "coincidence" theory is more preposterous than the creation one

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Its true these are curious and frustrating questions, but it will keep your mind healthy, looking for more... who knows... answer comes to those who think not the ones that accepted something and given up.. this goes for some sketchy science theories i hate.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I think you're missing my point, my friend. I am saying how did those particles exist? What created them? You see now what I mean?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower

This may be annoying but I have to ask, what happened before that other universe began? How did it come to be?

Do you see the complications?
it was created in a particle colided,its turtles all the way down

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Yes maybe but if the creation one is true, then what made the creator?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Its pretty presumtious to assume there was a beginning

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Dude, I understand but you're not answering this question. Get down to the first time someone decided to sling particles together alright, imagine were at the beginning. How did that first existence exist?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What happened before the big bang?

A big crunch ... before that a bang ...before that a crunch... befo .... you get the idea

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Like I have said, I know the sciences behind the big bang and the beginnings but even scientists who study this type of thing agree that it is troubling to think we dont know what could have caused all of this to start.

What caused the first bang or the first crunch? I know this has to be getting on everyones nerves but I just want to get it clear that no one knows and I dont know how we could ever know. It seems impossible.

link   
Well if it was before the Big Bang then it had to be the Big Spark right?

Seriously though this is a question I have pondered for the last 20 years of my life and am still no closer than I was when I started. Since energy can't just materialize out of nothing and there has to be something, a force or energy that acted upon the elements, energy, or circumstance, that set everything in motion to become the Big Bang, then there had of been something before the big bang and I tend to refer to that something as god.

Not to be confused with GOD, what I refer to as the god before the Big Bang is whatever energy or force was there that set all of this in motion.

link   
If it did not exist there would be nothing,its obvious that nothing does not exist because there is something here.hence it has always existed and will always exist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join