It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley on the Anti-Christ (Part I)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I was curious as to what religion or religions you are referencing? Some Islamic sects see the anti-Christ as a group of people. Other religious sects see the anti-Christ as a procession of people throughout history such as Hitler. Then you have those who believe the anti-Christ hasn't come yet.

I ask because I am curious as to what information was used and how it has been applied.

Very interesting post!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I told you yesterday , I am the anti-Christ . I ran with the Freemasons and illuminati and the NWO. There was a time from 1995-2012 that subliminals were sent out and an invisible empire was created. The CIA and flesh and blood, went threw with this. Millions of people have tried to read in between the lines, it is the bible.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Well at least I identified the source of the "New Age" movement (unless he got it from somewhere else?). Also, good song.

edit on 8-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

i never thought about him starting the new age movement.
i always thought of Crowley friends/ followers, as a bunch of bored high society elitist, who thought it fashionable to sit around led by a con man and chanting some kind of ouga booga non sense to conjure up the devil.
edit on 8-6-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

One must take Crowley's various writings with "a grain of salt". In a decades long journey of self-indulgence he took parts of various religions that he liked, discarded the parts he didn't like, mixed them in a blender and used them to justify his own debaucherous tendencies. Lust was the main component of his teachings and he experimented with expressing it in some downright disturbing ways in some cases. I read a bit of his writings in the late 80s and early 90s- once you get past the more "mainstream, new agey" stuff he gets downright sick!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ALL of the book of Revelation is written by signifying(it says so in verse 1) NONE of it is literal historical events to happen past present or future..There is no mention of "the Antichrist" in it at all....that is an extrapolation. The only place in scripture that writes of antichrist is in Johns letter and it is "NOT" a person..anti means "in place of" christ means "the anointing"(the power of God).

Crowleys interpretations are so far off from the Truth (as are ALL religious interpretations) he won't help you at all..The fact is .There is no way to figure it out.Issac Newton was the smartest person who has lived and he spent the majority of his efforts trying to do so and got nowhere.

It is impossible to understand something starting from a false premise..The book of Revelation IS NOT about a cataclysmic end of the world catastrophes and the vengeance of an angry monstrous God.It is the exact opposite.

The 1st verse sums its

The revelation(apocalypse means unveiling or uncovering)
of Jesus(which is transliterated from the Greek Iesous which is translated from the Hebrew Yahoshua which means Yahweh (God) IS salvation...deliverance)
Christ(which is christos translated from the Hebrew mashiach which means the anointing or the anointed..which IS the power of God)

So more precisely it is
The unveiling of Gods salvation the power of God......

The whole book is about one thing and one thing only.Gods salvation of creation(everything) from the realm of death(which is hades which is the grave and realm of imperception)poorly translated as hell).

Yahweh is delivering ALL of creation from the realm we are existing in....the Valley of the "shadow" of death.All things die there and go to the grave.God is delivering us from death 100% on his own.We have nothing to do with it.The basis of this death is the incurable disease which is practiced by all of mankind called religion.ALL is religion(which is worship...what we believe).It is ALL necessary it is like an inoculation of giving the disease to cure it.Those that have it "real bad are given HIGH does of religion-religion.They need it BADLY.

I know that this will not be believed by the many.The religious mind does not want to believe The Truth it wants to believe far fetched conspiracy and end of world chicken little death, doom and destruction ....it can't conceive of the "good news" even those(the religious- religious....more so actually) that "say" they do.

The fact is .....this is God existence and God is 100% in control of EVERYTHING.The plan has not gone array everything is going PERFECTLY according to plan.The evidence(there is no proof) is the fact it looks the opposite.An atom has zero awareness of all the atoms.Our vantage point is oblivion.That is an advantage.In a sense we are being operated on and under heavy anesthesia....being awake is not good thing unless the operation is over...

as for Crowley.The only thing measurably worthwhile form him was Ozzys song.....and that wasn't even that good..
edit on 8-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
But 666 represents the anti-Christ

Actually, that's not correct -- the original "Number of the Beast" was 616 and probably represented the name of the Emperor Nero, who was being a creep at the time that Revelation of John was written.

Unfortunately, "616" doesn't sound as smooth as "666" in the Iron Maiden song, so the mistake is allowed to continue.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Yeah the spirit, well let me use consciousness, of the anti-christ has been in many people. Nero was one of them (616). I'll leave the rest up to interpretation (626 - 656), but the final person it will embody and form the "unholy trinity" as follows:

1. Lucifer
2. Son of Perdition
3. Anti-Christ
Forerunner: The False Prophet

In contrast to:

1. The Father
2. The Son
3. The Holy Ghost
Forerunner: John the Baptist
333 or 777 (I'm still not sure)
edit on 8-6-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Crowley was an enigmatic figure.

I'd like to think that, after reading the majority of his own works (and those of his colleagues, friends, and rivals):

I've got a well-rounded understanding of who Crowley was, and what the atmosphere behind Orders like The O.T.O, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, the Theosophical Society, and the Aurumn Solis was like.

The best I can offer is this: they were all mistaken. Crowley included.

What they did was try to overlay Christian theology (an All-Father supreme God and His human avatar: Christ) with Jewish mysticism (the Kaballah/Qabala), and then force pagan and polytheistic ideals to fit in (like Crowley's use of the title Master Therion, or Ankh-F-N-Khonsu). Unfortunately, the puzzle pieces weren't necessarily meant to fit. Much of Crowley, and the Hermetic Orders' various theologies incorrectly apply elements of magical theory, Rosicrucianism, Enochiana, and most definitely pagan Mysteries.

They were a bunch of fallible men, with an armchair interest in Egyptian culture (which was new, fresh, and exciting during the time the Orders were being founded), and plenty of time to spare. So, they each began forming their own Secret Orders, and recruiting other like-minded individuals.

If you're familiar with the schisms that formed from the Golden Dawn, creating The O.T.O, the Theosophical Society, and other splinter-groups, then you know that even they, those who had supposed;y reached the hallowed level of Ipsissumus, couldn't agree on what was, or wasn't, true concerning magic, theology, philosophy, and the Art they were practicing.

I'm sure my opinion is that of the minority, but, that is the conclusion I have arrived at after trying to follow in their footsteps, and fact-checking their own statements.

~ Wandering Scribe

P.S., the "Thoth Tarot" is a beautiful deck though. I totally still use it for the symbolism and artwork, ha ha.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
WOW....and u fail to realize the Holy Trinity.......perhaps that ugly man and his beliefs have corroded your mind.....Good luck buddy

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wandering Scribe....I think you had an Epiphany there?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282

Issac Newton was the smartest person who has lived and he spent the majority of his efforts trying to do so and got nowhere.

The basis of this death is the incurable disease which is practiced by all of mankind called religion.ALL is religion(which is worship...what we believe).It is ALL necessary it is like an inoculation of giving the disease to cure it.

Our vantage point is oblivion.That is an advantage.In a sense we are being operated on and under heavy anesthesia....being awake is not good thing unless the operation is over...

First... Issac Newton tried to figure it out?

Second, you are correct. Religion is definitely a disease that infects all humans, no matter what they believe, there is no escaping it.

Also, you are correct about our vantage point being oblivion... however... I came out of that at one point. Being aware of what is really going on around you is nuts, man. Nuts.

Oh... yeah. So I guess you might want to know how I escaped duality, well, it wasn't really a choice, I'm not sure what happened, but

It could be a result of post-traumatic stress disorder from when I was a child that sent my family into long-term shock so I didn't get the ego transfer from my parents.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think the New Age Antichrist has realized that humanity will not accept him..

He now lives in his community doing charity/voluntary work helping those that need help..

Best place for him..

Just let the man be.. im sure you don't want to set him off.. or do you want the world of illusions around you to shatter??

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Foreshadow

I did recognize the Holy Trinity didn't I? It was the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. He didn't corrupt me, I was already tainted before reading his one book, The Book of Thoth. And... that's the story.

Not trying to do anything bad, just trying to survive here, - also it sounds like Crowley got into some unhealthy lifestyle choices.

I did that on accident once but was able to realize its negative effect on me and my environment, thus the direction I am heading.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlavatskyChannel

I'd say about 83% of humanity is waiting for a savior, deity, avatar, government system, enlightenment or something to save mankind from all what ails it, or to fulfill a prophecy.

I'd wager that the Son of Perdition will be welcomed with open arms; no matter how malevolent his true intentions.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawn2001
I told you yesterday , I am the anti-Christ . I ran with the Freemasons and illuminati and the NWO. There was a time from 1995-2012 that subliminals were sent out and an invisible empire was created. The CIA and flesh and blood, went threw with this. Millions of people have tried to read in between the lines, it is the bible.

Well, I did notice a lot of subliminal messaging during that time, you mean like punk rock and stuff?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Aleister Crowley was a f#*cktard who based an entire "religion" on his girlfriend, and who had a real good laugh in the process.

Why in the world does ANYONE give this a-hole any credence, particularly when he was pretty forthcoming about his objectives and the fact that he was an open predecessor to a well-known "reality"-comedian, whose name rhymes with "Mandy".

Idiots. Idiots without intellect or humor.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

[Lust] is assigned to the sign of Leo in the Zodiac. It is the Kerub of fire, and is ruled by the sun.It is the most powerful of the twelve zodiacal cards, and represents the most critical of all of the operations of magick and alchemy. It represents the original marriage as it appears in nature, as opposed to the more artificial form portrayed in Atu VI; there is no attempt in this card to direct the course of the operation.

Well I'm a left handed Leo and I guess this may explain some things..

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Completely agree with you on these points but, at the end of the day, and possibly with the exception of his "Holy Guardian Angel" ritual, he spoke much but extremely cryptically which makes it near impossible (imho!) to truly understand what he was trying to convey.

I understand what he is trying to convey, I think it has to do with my personal research combining physics and psychology, the symbols just come together for me for some reason.
edit on 9-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

I'd say about 83% of humanity is waiting for a savior, deity, avatar, government system, enlightenment or something to save mankind from all what ails it, or to fulfill a prophecy.

I'd wager that the Son of Perdition will be welcomed with open arms; no matter how malevolent his true intentions.

Well... the only way to save yourself effectively is to do it yourself, I mean advice from people is totally awesome, but it is up to you to change who you are and your surroundings, anything is possible no matter what regime you live under

Umm... except under certain circumstances I suppose where you might have to focus more on covering basics. But even that burden can be lifted by identifying necessities and detaching from certain things you think you need,

it just means being more efficient in identifying your spiritual / emotional needs and linking that with the physical reality.

But... waiting for aliens to save humanity just puts us in a bad spot because we aren't doing anything about it ourselves...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Just let the man be.. im sure you don't want to set him off.. or do you want the world of illusions around you to shatter??

That is a good question, for one, there is a world of illusions, for another, it can shatter, and for another, once it does a whole new set of issues come up that a lot of people are not prepared to deal with.

My philosophy was actually written in order to help people in that world where there is no protective shielding, which is why it is not based on God, but on science and cause and effect (which it has to prove using quantum physics).

God (whether he exists or not) will not help you or protect you out there where the world of illusions is shattered, because that is not how it works culturally.

Interestingly, God (whether he exists or not) does provide protection where the world of illusions exists.

The problem with being set free, is you have to have the tools to survive being set free.

This is not a discouragement by any means, and anyway, in a normal Western society there wouldn't be polarization between the right and left and one could find balance instead of choosing a side.

For me, I don't think I have the tools to exist in a world that is completely barren of (yang) spiritual energy. Without injection of any yang energy, the Yin society is likely to implode,

With people turning on each other as they struggle to survive without resources, and eventually turning on the massive Yang strongholds to scavenge those.

I'm not for this situation at all.

But it seemed to me that the world of illusions was being shattered in some places, and being enhanced in others - polarization, like I said, which has to be dealt with somehow because the system has to be balanced.

All I can say is, right now I live in Idaho, and the world of illusions is totally here. That has the effect of keeping me from being able to see things clearly (because it is way too dense) but also shields me from societal decay, which, as you can see, both are bad situations when they are taken to extremes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join