It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Tea Party Leader: "GOP doesn't want Black people to vote."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by VivaLaEvolution

Being conservative is NOT synonymous with being a teabagger! I know for a fact that many conservatives insist on this, and I can't blame them.

Nor is being Conservative synonymous with racism.

There is racism everywhere, but disproportionately more racism amongst the GOP, and amongst the Conservatist wing there is disproportionately more racists on the fringe right, which correlates to the Tea Party.

Conservative politicians, who might not even be racists themselves, sometimes pander to the racists amongst thier base for political purposes.

In short..."Kenyan" became the stand-in for the much less socially acceptable N-word for that purpose.

And to be fair...the racism amongst the GOP is largely geographic/cultural. The South was Democrat until the civil rights bill...and the North was Republican...Lincoln freed the slaves. In the 1950's the north and south swapped parties on the issue of civil rights...

My point being is that there is nothing in Conservative ideals that demands racism...it is geography and from there consrvative politicians pander to thier base and fan the flames for political purposes.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Listen to you guys. This is totally out of hand. There are people here who are arguing for/against the democrat party and people who are arguing for/against the republican party.

Wake up. Neither of these parties represent you. They don't care about you. They don't care about you at all, at all, at all.

I will reiterate a post I made on a different thread. I think it perfectly explains how logically insane these parties are:

The major problem that I have with the democrat and republican ideologies is it seems they are both tailor made to be perfectly the wrong blend of ideas, or have at the very least evolved that way.

Both republican and democrat ideologies fail logic tests for almost every major issue they take a stance on by taking the opposite stance on a different but fundamentally ethically identical issue.

A great example is the pro-life vs pro-choice crowds. Generally, as a political ideology, republicans are pro life but pro death penalty. Democrats are pro choice, but anti death penalty. In the case of the death penalty, its breaking the law to an extreme extent. In the case of abortion, the fetus can't be a certain age or older, or the mother must be at a severe health risk or other factors. At its fundamental core, both the death penalty and abortions are state sanctioned murder as long as very specific requirements are met. Logic test failed.

A democrat will tell me that everyone should have equal opportunity. Great, I have no problem with that. Then in the very same breath they will explain how there need to be exceptions such as affirmative action (an almost exclusively democrat policy). It immediately contradicts the first statement by its very nature of exception. Logic test failed.

A republican will tell me corporate lobbying of governments is good capitalism, then in the very same breath tell me free markets are efficient. It contradicts the first statement because a corporate lobbied government explicitly makes free markets relatively inefficient by making the market not free by being full of government mandates. Logic test failed.

I could go on and on and on about how these two ideologies within the political spectrum almost completely nullify their credibility through this practice. Almost every major issue or social agenda these two parties hold dear is worthless if you look at their own vast contradictions.

This thread ought not be about, "oh republicans are racist, here's why". It should be "look at how out of touch and # brained the current political parties are anymore and how we ought to subvert their power to get it back in the hands of people". The same should go for threads bashing the democrats. People ought to read the OP and reply by saying "yep, I sure hate our current political parties, they don't, in general, represent me, and when they do, I find that its purely incidental"

Wake up people.

It blows me away from an ethics viewpoint that one could be proud to belong to or support either of these ideologies.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

At least he's honest, as you said. He shouldn't have spoken for the entire party. But I think it's only natural that most Republicans don't want certain demographics to vote. I mean, that's what the voter ID proposals were all about. That's what the gerrymandering of the districts in 2010 were all about. It's clear that the GOP doesn't want everyone's votes. Because when everyone votes, Democrats win.

the tea party having "leaders" is a sign it's been hijacked for quite awhile. can't have any grassroots movements talking sense.

personally i think there is room for a form of contract that says "if you are currently on, or have accepted certain government handouts within "x" amount of time, you are ineligible to vote". targeting blacks with something like this is racist, but i do think a well thought out stipulation attached to accepting certain handouts could do wonders for the country.

the voter ID proposals were more about stopping illegal aliens from voting and other fraudulent voting practices. normally i'm completely against any form of regulation, but i see voter ID as a sensible solution to combat corruption. there is a video of a man walking in and being allowed to vote for a congressman who opposed voter ID. the man at the booth said "if that's who you say you are, that's who you are".

i've seen how effective offering handouts can be for winning votes when i was in a union. the person promising the best current benefits would always win, no matter if those benefits weren't sustainable.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

personally i think there is room for a form of contract that says "if you are currently on, or have accepted certain government handouts within "x" amount of time, you are ineligible to vote". targeting blacks with something like this is racist, but i do think a well thought out stipulation attached to accepting certain handouts could do wonders for the country.

Define "handouts"...Farm subsidies? Corporate subsidies? Capital gains tax breaks? Unemployment? Mortgage tax breaks? Social Security? Medicare? Medicaid? Child tax credit?

See...when a road or bridge needs to be built..and Millionaire X gets a tax break...that is handout from those that don't get the tax break, cuz the bridge still needs to be built, the fire department, military and police still need to be funded etc. etc.

Define "handout"...

If we eliminate everyone that has benefited from government...we eliminate everyone.

If we eliminate those who are down on thier luck, lost a job or suffering through a personal financial crisis...unemployment or food stamps etc...we eliminate those who arguably have the most to say about the current state of affairs.

If we eliminate SS and Medicaire...we eliminate the wisdom of the elderly...

No offense, but that seems like a plan for a Monarchy, not Democracy.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Clearly you didn't listen to the video.

It was implying that being black = automatic welfare recipient, which is racist and factually wrong.

But whatevs, you're one of them, have fun at the cross burning.

edit on 6-6-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by NavyDoc

Clearly you didn't listen to the video.

It was implying that being black = automatic welfare recipient, which is racist and factually wrong.

But whatevs, you're one of them, have fun at the cross burning.

Wow. What a racist. How do you know what race I am?

As I said before: my experience is that those who cry about hate and racism the most tend to be the most hateful and racist. It's called "projection" and you just demonstrated that perfectly.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

mostly unemployment/food stamps.

if set up properly, it would keep a conflict of interests from influencing how people vote. a person who needs groceries now isn't worrying about 10 years from now, and they'll get food stamps, but at the cost of their ability to vote for a set amount of time.

welfare has increased drastically under obama. it is not a race issue, but common sense. people are voting on policies that will net them extra money in the short term.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Racist 101 - when confronted with your overt racism call the person calling you out on your racism, racist. My care level = 0.

Yeah, please cut the dramatics, nothing I said was racist, it was anti-KKK Teabaggers.

The Tea Party is 99.9% white. I'm just going out there and taking a guess. You would have also rebutted "I'm not even white!!!!!!!!!!!!" if you weren't.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Let's see...

TPTB command their corporate henchman that happens to be black to do this bidding. He/She works exclusively for the global Illuminist mafia.
Public is programmed by the TPTB to hate their new front-man/leader.
TPsychpathsTB/Murder Industrial Complex hire another pitchman that the sheeple public likes in 4 years.
TPTB then program the public to hate the new public relations agent/leader for the illuminist mob.
TPTB then rig the election so another one of their groomed PR front-man or women gets into power pushing their insane anti-human agenda.
sheeple public then are programmed to first love the globalist corporate shill then hate the globalist corporate shill.
TPTB then replace the old puppet with the new puppet and repeat the same trick.

Repeat this process until you have a planetary communist technocratic prison.

DemoCORP ltd co. VS RepubliCORP Industries

You choose sheeple. The game is rigged from the get go.
edit on 6-6-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Indigo5

mostly unemployment/food stamps.

if set up properly, it would keep a conflict of interests from influencing how people vote. a person who needs groceries now isn't worrying about 10 years from now, and they'll get food stamps, but at the cost of their ability to vote for a set amount of time.

If set up properly it would classify the unemployed and poor as second class citizens legally forbidden from voting.

And I thought the guy ranting about Black people voting was out of line!

Lose your job? Lose your home? Finding it hard to feed your family? You can't vote!

Nothing personal...but it scares me a little that there are folks like yourself out there.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by NavyDoc

Racist 101 - when confronted with your overt racism call the person calling you out on your racism, racist. My care level = 0.

Yeah, please cut the dramatics, nothing I said was racist, it was anti-KKK Teabaggers.

The Tea Party is 99.9% white. I'm just going out there and taking a guess. You would have also rebutted "I'm not even white!!!!!!!!!!!!" if you weren't.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you.

Leftist 101--when someone disagrees with you, call them a racist. Right out if Alinsky. If you want to look at a bigot, look in a mirror becaused you, unfoundedly, called me a racist and a KKK member just because I dare disagree with your premise. You are what you accuse others to be.

99.9% of tea party is white? Do you have actual proof of that which you can share with the class or are you talking out if preconceived notions?

And to follow up on that--what if the tea party is majority white? You automatically assume a white person is racist? That stance, in and of itself, is a racist one. You sir, are a racist.
edit on 6-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I'm not getting into a 'your side is more racist than my side' debate with you. Not even close to it. I'm shocked you even posted a few of those. I saw them in the image indexes I got mine from. Same listings, same search terms for the same results. A couple of those are so racist they vibrate with it.

If you had my Youtube channel for a couple of my playlists, you'd see, if I'd wanted to get nasty on this...I have a half dozen or so videos ranging from Black Panthers calling openly in the street for the killing of 'Whitey', and MODERN ones too, not the old 60's BP Party, to random Obama supporters on the street calling White America every ugly thing but human in the most vicious of ways. There is NO shortage of ignorance and racism on both sides of the color line.

My intent was to show the positive, not the negative...hence, why I chose not to use those patently black racist videos as opposed to the White racist images you chose in your reply.

Sadly, the divide in race in the United States is like the Grand Canyon with some on both the Right and Left feeding the monster and nurturing it's growth for their own cheap political gains and agendas. Someday, probably well after I'm gone for time frames it will take, perhaps society can actually move beyond skin color....either White, Black, Red or Yellow for value and measure of a person's worth. It's never meant a thing in the end, and it never really will, IMO.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Scroll own about half way and be amazed at the diversity. As the saying goes, repeat a lie often enough even you begin to believe it. www.nydailynews.com...

I'm not saying all right wingers are racist, what I am saying is; "every racist I know is a right winger."

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundguy
Scroll own about half way and be amazed at the diversity. As the saying goes, repeat a lie often enough even you begin to believe it. www.nydailynews.com...

I'm not saying all right wingers are racist, what I am saying is; "every racist I know is a right winger."

You need to get into the city more. Growing up and in the workplace the African Americans I know were on average substantially more racist than the white or Latino people I've known. Definitely the African Americans were the most racist.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

The Tea Party is 99.9% white.

Source?
edit on 6-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But I think it's only natural that most Republicans don't want certain demographics to vote.

To vote? Heck, many/most Republicans don't want certain demographics in office... eh em...

That's a lie and complete demogogury.

Really?? Just coincidence that the right wing opted to relentlessly accuse the first African American President of being a Kenyan Born, Illegitmate, Muslim terrorist with a Black Agenda of reperations?

I am not cetain you know the definition of "demogogury".

Source please.

And who exactly is this spokesman or woman for the entire "right wing"???

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Umm, check your stereotypes there bud. There are considerable more white people on government welfare than African Americans. Whites are the largest demographic in the recepient class.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
When the debate dissolves into a "racist" "counter-racist" name-calling slanderfest, it's time to wrap it up and go pour a drink!

There was a recent thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where a progressive liberal said something stupid. The left-leaning folks here went to great pains to point out that not all progressive-leftists felt that way.

Yet here the usual crowd is. . . . painting everyone with the same racist coat of paint.

Oh the irony!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Leftist 101--when someone disagrees with you, call them a racist. Right out if Alinsky.

God..That's exhausting...all of the "leftist 101" ...Alinksy...BS.

It has all the substance of a burp.

It cracks me up that you rebutted what you viewed as an unfounded accusation of racism, with calling him a leftist student of Saul Alinksy? WTF does that even mean? ....If anyone accuses another of racism, they are a "leftist" follower of a man named "Alinksy"???

Perhaps you could ignore the slight rather than respond in kind? Or actually address the charge?

But god help me...I don't care who Saul Alinksy is, and the only scholars on Alinksy seem to be the far right and Beckites.....

"Racist!!"

"Communist!!"

Just worthless.......all the substance of a burping contest.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Where a progressive liberal said something stupid. The left-leaning folks here went to great pains to point out that not all progressive-leftists felt that way.

Right...notice the difference? Almost everyone "left-leaning" on that thread said...wow...that guy said something unacceptable...that was out-of-line...etc.

Whilst the "right-leaning" folks on this thread defend the remarks to no end.

The bottom line is that the electoral map places a reasonable portion of the Conservative Party in the rural south, where remnants of racism persist...remnants left over from when those states were "blue"...pre-civil rights.

The Conservative party has two options...

(a) Pander to those pockets of intolerance...Deny and defend when crap like this comes to the surface in a steady drip.

(b) Or confront them in an effort to get more minorities on board to an otherwise reasonable political platform (hoping they will also oust the christian right influence as well)..

Thus far they have pandered to those pockets....Kenyan = N-Word in modern times.

It's not working.

Drip...Drip...Drip....Racist BS as the growing demographics crush the Grand Ole Party...

Racist Emails About Michelle Obama Lead To Calls For Virginia School Board Members To Resign

Board of Supervisors member Byron Bailey and county School Board member Herbert DeGroft forwarded the controversial emails but didn't create them.

One email claimed National Geographic offered the first lady $50 to pose nude, while the other displayed a photograph of topless women in tribal garb, with a caption saying it was the first lady's "high school reunion," The Associated Press reported.

Now...Conservatives can dismiss, deny, ignore this story...this week, but what about next week, and the week after?...drip, drip drip...

We need the GOP...the sane GOP of old...PLEASE change before they bleed out.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join