It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Tea Party Leader: "GOP doesn't want Black people to vote."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
/facepalm.

At this rate there won't be a Republican party.
Who's going to vote for these guys?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I still don't see how that is related to the topic. Deflection imo and lots of it from several people. Damn, people can't even own what's in front of their faces. Also, I agree with FF. This isn't a race issue. If there's a 90% voting block that's just politics.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I know many black Republicans who disagree with this statement. I also know many Democrats who don't want black people to vote. Generalizations are great aren't they?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Mod can get involved, it just means they lose the their right to moderate this thread.

But i see what you mean... soon the point will be redirected, im sure the world Benghazi and Kenyan and birth certificate would be involved... yep .. everything except the a GOP member said he does not want black votes.

"What, i'm only get 10% of my pay check!? SCREW IT! i do not want that 10%! It means NOTHING!"

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
soon the point will be redirected, im sure the world Benghazi and Kenyan and birth certificate would be involved...

Deflection.

yep .. everything except the a GOP member said he does not want black votes.

.... BECAUSE it's a major democratic voting block. If the black vote was to swing from 90% democrat to 90% republican then this Texas Tea Party Leader would be out licking the boots of every black person he could find in order to get them to the polls to vote.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's what makes the GOP 'racist' they don't' lick their boots' and pander to them.

Their opposites whisper sweet nothing in to minority ears, make them feel special, once they get that vote they could care less.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I still don't see how that is related to the topic. Deflection imo and lots of it from several people. Damn, people can't even own what's in front of their faces. Also, I agree with FF. This isn't a race issue. If there's a 90% voting block that's just politics.

In all fairness with the thread? I believe this part of the OP is what opened the door and made the direct connection.

If I were an African-American this would only make me want to turn out and vote even more. If someone spoke in this manner and said that they don't want my people voting, that would seriously light a fire inside me. When we hear things like this, it REALLY should make you question their motives behind their push for voter ID laws.

Is it really to prevent voting fraud? Or is it to accomplish something else?

Now what else has come to mind and I'd like to share, since the above has tied this all together in a related topic, was a story I read after the election and while I was away from ATS for a bit to escape the post-election ugliness that followed.

"It's very difficult to transfer this system as it is to any other country. This system is built according to trust and this trust needs a lot of procedures and a lot of education for other countries to adopt it," Elabbar said.

The most often noted difference between American elections among the visitors was that in most U.S. states, voters need no identification. Voters can also vote by mail, sometimes online, and there's often no way to know if one person has voted several times under different names, unlike in some Arab countries, where voters ink their fingers when casting their ballots.

with notes about how it's done elsewhere...

One observer from Lebanon who did not want to be quoted pressed staffers on how the ballots are handled before and after voting day. He was amazed that ballots are sent directly to poll workers and that the handling of those ballots after the voting ends is also entrusted to local poll workers.

In Morocco, the poll workers take the unused ballots outside at the end of the night and burn them, McCormick said. In Russia, unused ballots are piled up and a poll worker drives a spike though the pile with a hammer. In The Gambia, a country in West Africa, each voter is given exactly one marble, which they place in one
Source

That really hurt to read at the time because they were showing great respect and awe out of pure, innocent ignorance to the depth of problems with the very part of the system that impressed them the most.

100% pure trust is what our system relies on, when ID isn't a required part of the process. Do you trust your fellow Americans on the honor system? I wouldn't trust most people on the "Honor System" for the office snack box or coffee pot, let alone something as critically important as voting everything from School Board to President.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Those darn republicans must have had a bad day when the Republican controlled congress (43rd) passed the "Civil Rights Act of 1875" created by the Republican Senator Charles Sumner and signed by the Republican President Ulysses S. Grant.

keep falling for the racist card and the my party is better than your party card so they can keep you distracted enough for the Politicians and lobbyist to continue robbing us blind.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
Those darn republicans must have had a bad day when the Republican controlled congress (43rd) passed the "Civil Rights Act of 1875" created by the Republican Senator Charles Sumner and signed by the Republican President Ulysses S. Grant.

keep falling for the racist card and the my party is better than your party card so they can keep you distracted enough for the Politicians and lobbyist to continue robbing us blind.

That is telling it like it is the GOP fought a civil war for that to free them, the only thing the other party has done was to keep them on a plantation for that 'cotton crop' of votes by feeding them, 'educating' them, and giving them free healthcare;.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Right, right..... GOP is too busy kissing multi-billionaires and major conglomerate.... no time for normal, poor people!

And they are surprised people don't vote for them!?

Politics is kissing ass and then when you win, just rub it in peoples faces.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It used to be; voting for the person who you thought would best represent America for all Americans.

Now?

Vote for the white guy
Vote for the black guy
Vote for the guy who will give you more stuff

Call it flouride in the water, call it sunspots, alien beams from Nibooboo, but America has gotten alot stupider recently.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by interupt42

That is telling it like it is the GOP fought a civil war for that to free them, the only thing the other party has done was to keep them on a plantation for that 'cotton crop' of votes by feeding them, 'educating' them, and giving them free healthcare;.

IMO the worst thing for the Black community is the Al Sharptons and the Jesse Jacksons. They have outgrown their help and welcome and now they encourage I'm a victim card.

Using the victim card is an easy and convenient method to put the blame on others versus taking a good look at yourself and being subjective as to why you aren't moving forward. Bill Cosby is by far a better leader than those two.

Racism today is more commonly associated with ignorance than the reason why you aren't able to move ahead. Do you have an education, transportation, experience, prior history,etc.....?

The true reason racism is in the forefront in the MSM are:

1. To keep us from uniting.
2. Distraction
3. Money, racial conflicts get a lot of attention.

I don't care for Barrack Obama but I do like what he had to say recently

No excuses about not fulfilling your dreams because of racism. No excuses about not having a father involved in your life. No excuses about not getting the most out of education. No excuses about blaming others for your failures. No excuses about failing to be a responsible father, husband and mentor.

No excuses, period.

edit on 5-6-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You are just going to get accused of "pulling a race card". Why? Because you actually pay attention to the words people use. Somebody can say "I hate black people because they are black and I am a racist" and, if you say "that's racist", somebody will accuse you of pulling a "race card".

You can't win with these people but preaching to the choir is still an appreciated act. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Well racism is a tool in the political tool box to divide, and conquer when the people are too busy fighting between themselves over:

money.race,things

They are easier to control.

So they will do everything to fan the flames of discontent that is why racism will never die.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It is not deflection. It is pointing out the fact that it is hypocritical for anyone on the Democrat side to play holier than thou in regards to racially charged commentaries. Unless I missed a memo somewhere, nobody made the Left the keepers of the Everlasting Guidebook for Identifying Racism. In fact I'd argue that it is far, far more racist and hate driven to play that damn race card everytime they get in any sort of bind. It's like their entire deck is stacked with jokers of hatred and spite. They promote racism, classism, elitism, and religiously motivated strife by attempting to categorize every goddamned comment a Conservative makes as being some form of "ism."

It is relevant to this discussion because it is laying the groundwork for why more and more Americans are flat out rejecting these ridiculous claims of racism. I felt like actually explaining why I don't think the man's comment was a big deal to be a bit more mature and constructive than posting the Cliff's Notes version of my thoughts, which would be "Who cares?"

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It used to be; voting for the person who you thought would best represent America for all Americans.

Now?

Vote for the white guy
Vote for the black guy
Vote for the guy who will give you more stuff

Call it flouride in the water, call it sunspots, alien beams from Nibooboo, but America has gotten alot stupider recently.

Now its called vote for the lesser evil but in reality for several decades it has been vote for the candidates the RNC and the DNC have SELECTED for you.

So if you wanted to control our gov't all you need to do is donate and make both party committees dependent on your money.

However, I'm sure the special interest groups and the lobbyist would never do such a thing as it would be morally questionable.

Plus if they have done such a thing I'm sure we would start to see things one sided where corporations and special interest groups are majority of the time on the winning side, our taxes burden would go up, gov't would get bigger, and policies that the majority of Americans don't agree with would get passed.

edit on 5-6-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by interupt42

Well racism is a tool in the political tool box to divide, and conquer when the people are too busy fighting between themselves over:

money.race,things

They are easier to control.

So they will do everything to fan the flames of discontent that is why racism will never die.

Totally agree and people are too busy with sports,tv, and work to put any effort in fixing this country. I think the answer to getting our country back is us Americans coming together and uniting against the politicians lobbyist and the special interest group.

We need to start the one million black and white march in DC. Blacks,whites ,in the middle, republicans ,democrats ,others walk in DC and demand that we separate lobbyist from state. Green is the only racist card and the lobbyist and special interest have the majority of it and our politicians need it.

Its not a black and white issue or a Republican or Democrat thing. its a Green thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But I think it's only natural that most Republicans don't want certain demographics to vote. I mean, that's what the voter ID proposals were all about.

Yes, it is very troubling that they were attempting to prevent illegal aliens, fellons, and repeated voters using aliases from participating in the American voting process. Damn them and their hater ways!

you mean African-americans make up the majority of illegal aliens, felons, and repeat voters?...because that is what this thread is about. you must have a different definition of "black people" than I do.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by intrepid

It is not deflection. It is pointing out the fact that it is hypocritical for anyone on the Democrat side to play holier than thou in regards to racially charged commentaries. Unless I missed a memo somewhere, nobody made the Left the keepers of the Everlasting Guidebook for Identifying Racism. In fact I'd argue that it is far, far more racist and hate driven to play that damn race card everytime they get in any sort of bind. It's like their entire deck is stacked with jokers of hatred and spite. They promote racism, classism, elitism, and religiously motivated strife by attempting to categorize every goddamned comment a Conservative makes as being some form of "ism."

It is relevant to this discussion because it is laying the groundwork for why more and more Americans are flat out rejecting these ridiculous claims of racism. I felt like actually explaining why I don't think the man's comment was a big deal to be a bit more mature and constructive than posting the Cliff's Notes version of my thoughts, which would be "Who cares?"

ridiculous claims of racism????.....when a tea party leader says "the GOP does not want black people to vote"
that is racism with a capital R...how about we don't let any tea party members vote...surely you wouldn't call that using any isms? right? you wouldn't try and catergorize that statement as ridiculous, would you?...I mean it's no big deal right?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So another week, and another racist and anti-minority Freudian slip by a Republican.

What's new?

A tea party leader in Dallas is facing a backlash after saying the Republican Party doesn’t want African-American voters to show up at the polls.

“I’m going to be real honest with you,” Tea Party leader Ken Emanuelson said at a Dallas County Republican Party event on May 20. “The Republican Party doesn’t want black people to vote if they are going to vote 9-to-1 for Democrats.”

Link

Well I always give credit where credit is due, and this guy's candor IS refreshing
but not in the good way.

If I were an African-American this would only make me want to turn out and vote even more. If someone spoke in this manner and said that they don't want my people voting, that would seriously light a fire inside me. When we hear things like this, it REALLY should make you question their motives behind their push for voter ID laws.

Is it really to prevent voting fraud? Or is it to accomplish something else?

The guy goes on to play the "misspoke" card.

In a statement posted on Facebook, Emanuelson said he misspoke during the meeting. He said he shouldn’t have spoken on behalf of the Republican Party.

We should expect a bigger minority turnout in 2016 and hopefully 2014 as well, that really does not bode well for Republicans.

But isn't it logical that minorities will NOT vote for you when you've shown time and time again that you don't really care about their problems?

Will these guys propose another 3/5 compromise when their voter ID laws don't work?

Meh, and if an African American does not for democrat, he is called an "uncle tom" and "race traitor."

Seems like there is enough racist asshattery to go around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join