It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Tea Party Leader: "GOP doesn't want Black people to vote."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by intrepid

It is not deflection. It is pointing out the fact that it is hypocritical for anyone on the Democrat side to play holier than thou in regards to racially charged commentaries. Unless I missed a memo somewhere, nobody made the Left the keepers of the Everlasting Guidebook for Identifying Racism. In fact I'd argue that it is far, far more racist and hate driven to play that damn race card everytime they get in any sort of bind. It's like their entire deck is stacked with jokers of hatred and spite. They promote racism, classism, elitism, and religiously motivated strife by attempting to categorize every goddamned comment a Conservative makes as being some form of "ism."

It is relevant to this discussion because it is laying the groundwork for why more and more Americans are flat out rejecting these ridiculous claims of racism. I felt like actually explaining why I don't think the man's comment was a big deal to be a bit more mature and constructive than posting the Cliff's Notes version of my thoughts, which would be "Who cares?"

ridiculous claims of racism????.....when a tea party leader says "the GOP does not want black people to vote"
that is racism with a capital R...how about we don't let any tea party members vote...surely you wouldn't call that using any isms? right? you wouldn't try and catergorize that statement as ridiculous, would you?...I mean it's no big deal right?

Of course it is a ridiculous claim. It is laughable to extrapolate the angry complaint of a malcontent as to mean that the GOP does not want black people to vote. He didn't offer up any proof, he was just shooting off his mouth.

OTOH, the Democrats don't want the NRA membership to vote and do everything they can to not count military absentee ballots because those groups tend not to vote democrat.
edit on 5-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Every person I know who supports tea party have either a screw loose mental issues (for real), have racist tendencies or are very paranoid. Does this reflect the majority of those who follow or just the ones here in NW Floruda? If your tea party and do not reflect the above please dont consider my queztion as an insult. Its just my own personal experience with my local tea party supporters.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It really is too bad that more people don't consider the tea party a joke. Honestly, these guys couldn't say much more to damage the way they stand in the public eye, but people still drool over them. It's a real shame that TX works this way, but makes me glad I'm not there anymore. I heard not too long ago that they were trying to get rid of Ceaser Chavez and Martin Luther King Jr in their textbooks...and I already though the next generation was bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

ridiculous claims of racism????.....when a tea party leader says "the GOP does not want black people to vote"
that is racism with a capital R...

If they don't want black people voting because of their skin color .. sure it's racist. If they don't want black people voting because that voting block is 90% democrat, then that's not racism, that's just politics.

Like I said, if 90% of black people voted republican instead of democrat, then the Tea Party people would be out kissing black backends in order to get them to go to the polls to vote. It's not skin color .. it's voting block numbers.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

when a tea party leader says "the GOP does not want black people to vote"

So since Obama supports this guy .. guess that makes Obama Racist with a Capital R as well .. right?

dailycaller.com...

President Obama’s pick to head the Federal Housing Finance Agency once said that a “majority of white voters” would never vote for a black candidate and that they should be excluded from “the democratic process.”s.

Originally posted by Xeven
Every person I know who supports tea party have either a screw loose mental issues (for real), have racist tendencies or are very paranoid.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

that is racism with a capital R...how about we don't let any tea party members vote...surely you wouldn't call that using any isms? right? you wouldn't try and catergorize that statement as ridiculous, would you?...I mean it's no big deal right?

Hmmm... You know it's damn funny, as much as I read and re-read the man's comments, nowhere do I see:
A. Him suggesting that "we [shouldn't]/don't let blacks vote." or
B. Him having so much as a shred of power to make that happen even if he was trying to suggest it, which we've clearly ascertained he wasn't.

I can find you dozens of comments on ATS where the gist of a member's ramblings on that topic ARE that Tea party supporters shouldn't be allowed to vote. I will agree with you that it isn't an "ism", however. It's more along the lines of fear mixed with sour grapes. Kind of a liberal distopian chardonay, if you will.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't know if the tea party is "racist". They are however logical, and their logic does show that minority voters favor dems..therefore, since the tea party is a front organization for the GOP, they wouldn't want minorities to vote..not because they don't like their skin color..but because they don't like their voting pattern.

After all, some of their best friends and all that...

But I think it would be more worth their time in instead of figuring out how to make it more difficult for minorities to vote (2012 shows they will vote regardless of how many hurdles are placed in front of them), to understand and work a negotiation of their problem.

The US needs at least 2 strong options for voting. As a liberal, I think it is a disservice to our democratic process if we only have one relevant side. the GOP's trip into irrelevancy is only hurting both sides (I don't want to see a only liberal party..hell, 1/3rd of the liberal ideas are bad ones and need reigning in and compromise).

So ya...if the tea party is mostly focused on surpression methods, then its good to expose them, rip them apart, and have something new grow from there that is a actual valid discussion to counter dem support of minority communities. Spinning their wheels in the old mud of the dwindling racists will only sink them more and more..time to scrape off the ignorant mouths of their party and enter into the mixing bowl of American society.

This guy spoke his mind and good on him. now time to discuss..because even if the tea party is not specifically wanting to alienate minorities, they already have well before this quote..its not even groundbreaking because that's how the tea party is perceived...they should stop blaming msm, dems, rain, the color blue, and everything else and instead look inside and ask themselves what they are doing wrong to get this accepted perception. is it messaging or policy.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Every person I know who supports tea party have either a screw loose mental issues (for real), have racist tendencies or are very paranoid. Does this reflect the majority of those who follow or just the ones here in NW Floruda? If your tea party and do not reflect the above please dont consider my queztion as an insult. Its just my own personal experience with my local tea party supporters.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

I know many African, Hispanic, and Asian AMerican Tea Party members. The racist think is just the usual smear by the left, who lable anyone they disagree with "racist" right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook.

Tea Party types, in my experience, largely just want less taxes and less government.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamJewish
reply to post by muse7

I’m so happy to witness how far white people have grown up in the last 50 years, and I’m so glad that the gop is still talking, and thinking the way they do, which means even more white people will not vote for the stinky trashy gop racist candidates.

Case in point...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Hmmm... You know it's damn funny, as much as I read and re-read the man's comments, nowhere do I see:
A. Him suggesting that "we [shouldn't]/don't let blacks vote." or
B. Him having so much as a shred of power to make that happen even if he was trying to suggest it, which we've clearly ascertained he wasn't.

I can find you dozens of comments on ATS where the gist of a member's ramblings on that topic ARE that Tea party supporters shouldn't be allowed to vote. I will agree with you that it isn't an "ism", however. It's more along the lines of fear mixed with sour grapes. Kind of a liberal distopian chardonay, if you will.

People here on ATS are not heading up a national political party..they are representing themselves anonymously in the gray area of the internet hidden in a backwater forum. There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

you mean African-americans make up the majority of illegal aliens, felons, and repeat voters?...because that is what this thread is about. you must have a different definition of "black people" than I do.

No, that's what you would *hope* remains the focus of the thread, complete with hopes and dreams that the attempt to mash the whole voter registration argument into this mix and associate that issue with a comment loosely directed at black voters would go unquestioned. Voter registration, despite claims by a very distinctly narrow band of political ideologues and their spoonfed parrots, has nothing to do with legal American voters of any color, creed, sexual orientation, hair color, or pet ownership status. It is entirely an issue of actually determining who is legally due a ballot and who is not legally allowed to vote. Note the modifier, legally, the whos of voting have long ago been determined by the American court system. The ball is now and has been in the court of lawmakers to facilitate the court decisions on who may vote and who may not. Voter registration addresses this, but has been blocked illegally by a group driven by those of the above mentioned political ideology sect.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So since Obama supports this guy .. guess that makes Obama Racist with a Capital R as well .. right?

dailycaller.com...

President Obama’s pick to head the Federal Housing Finance Agency once said that a “majority of white voters” would never vote for a black candidate and that they should be excluded from “the democratic process.”s.

Every person I know who supports tea party have either a screw loose mental issues (for real), have racist tendencies or are very paranoid.

Nope. Obama can say basically the same thing and his poop don't stink of racism. Hypocrites rock don't they? This is constantly ignored by people screaming "racism" everyday for political and personal gain.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Tea Party types, in my experience, largely just want less taxes and less government.

Obama has raised some taxes during his presidency, but he’s also pursued broad-based tax cuts for the middle class and small businesses. We particularly give weight here to the tax cuts that were part of the stimulus and the payroll tax holiday, which reduced taxes for broad swaths of the workforce. Some small businesses may have been hit by new taxes that were part of Obama’s health law, but these would depend on the particular circumstances of each business. Also, there were new taxes on cigarettes and indoor tanning.

Obama said he has "cut taxes for those who need it – middle-class families, small businesses." He has, but he also has raised some taxes. So while his statement is accurate, it lacks that additional context. We rate his claim Mostly True.

-from politifact

The facts are all that matters. just the facts..no big stupid signs and hats with teabags hanging down will dismiss them.

Its a false organization. 100% Koch Bros funded fiction puppetry bent on distorting truth.

Else..the tea party would love Obama, or at least give him a hell of a lot more props than the GOP.
edit on 5-6-2013 by SaturnFX because: tags

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
People here on ATS are not heading up a national political party..

Neither is Ken Emaneulson. He's an organizer slash activist for the Dallas Tea Party. If that constitutes "heading up" a national party, then I guess we can just go ahead and call the towel boy for the Broncos the head coach from now on....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
People here on ATS are not heading up a national political party..

Neither is Ken Emaneulson. He's an organizer slash activist for the Dallas Tea Party. If that constitutes "heading up" a national party, then I guess we can just go ahead and call the towel boy for the Broncos the head coach from now on....

Fair enough

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
So.... Asking someone to properly identify themselves to conduct the most important duty a United States citizen performs is racist?

You guys realize how condescending and outright racist THAT is to say? Very simply, it's saying Blacks are either too stupid, too poor or too uneducated to get a proper ID card like everyone else. There would be no other reason to call it racist, after all.

Let's take a demographic that is disproportionately economicly downtrodden and lives disproportionately in urban regions...two factors that make them less likely to personally own a car or have the accompanying drivers liscense.

Also a demographic that is likely to be working hourly jobs, sometimes 2 or 3 just to survive...

Hmmmm...how to disenfranchise those folks?

Well...let's pass a voter ID law...try and do it just before the election in order to limit the amount of those folks who will be aware and have time to go get the ID.

Let's place only two or three offices that issue those ID's 50-100 miles from the urban centers where those folks, who by definition don't own cars, live.

And let's have those Voter ID offices only be open a few hours a couple of times a week, during core work hours...times where those folks would risk losing thier jobs to go get the ID...assuming they can afford the $100 dollar cab fare each way...

If anyone complains that the Voter ID office is 50 plus miles from where they live and is open only from 11AM to 3PM a couple of days a week...

Tell them times are tight and your local GOP is just saving money with the limited hours and offices....

Then look at me with a straight face and tell me that Voter ID laws aren't designed to eff over American Citizens....cuz of thier politics or associated color...

See...the GOP have TWO OPTIONS...HAVING LOST THE POPULAR VOTE IN 5 of the past 6 presidential elections...otherwise...only securing the majority of the vote ONCE since 1988...

OPTION ONE...CHANGE

OPTION TWO...ELIMINATE VOTERS WHO DON'T VOTE FOR THEM

OPTION ONE APPEARS TO HARD TO THEM...
edit on 5-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am simply in despair over the GOP. They just can't seem to do anything right these days. Ever since Bush the party has been wracked by scandal, incompetence and infighting.

They gave America two $1 trillion wars; they erode their own credibility by crying wolf every time Obama makes an appointment; they support big government and big business at the expense of American freedoms; they refuse to improve the healthcare system and failed to stop Obamacare (which doesn't improve the healthcare system, no matter what the Dems tell you), they keep dropping racist and sexist gaffes, and they field unelectable presidential candidates with lame duck running mates.

The USA is well overdue for a genuine, competent conservative in the White House. Does anyone know where we can find one?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Not surprising.

The Tea Party is full of openly racist people.

Just look at the jokes they tell at their Klan rallys....I mean Tea parties...

edit on 5-6-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That's not true:

Federal spending was close to 20 percent under the Carter administration, dropped to 18 percent under Clinton, and is currently at an incredible 24 percent of GDP. According to the Congressional Budget Office, federal spending may hover around 22 percent for the next decade.

Federal spending is also higher this year than any year since 1949. The last time spending was higher—in 1946, it was 24.8—the country was just coming down from the exorbitant rates of spending during World War II.

ANd this is before the massive spending associated with Obamacare kicks in and more cronyist bailouts for failed "green energy" companies.

The Alinsky-esque accusation that the Tea Party is a Koch brother's conspiracy is nonsense. It started out as and remains a locally based grassroots organization.

Interesting that you note political movements sponsored by Billionaires...George Soros seems to love creating "movements" bought and paid for and funded. Moveon for example, or these:
westslope.craigslist.org...

•Advancement Project: This organization works to organize "communities of color" into politically cohesive units while disseminating its leftist worldviews and values as broadly as possible by way of a sophisticated communications department.
•Air America Radio: Now defunct, this was a self-identified "liberal" radio network.
•All of Us or None: This organization seeks to change voting laws -- which vary from state to state -- so as to allow ex-inmates, parolees, and even current inmates to cast their ballots in political elections.
•Alliance for Justice: Best known for its activism vis a vis the appointment of federal judges, this group consistently depicts Republican judicial nominees as "extremists."

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Jun 10 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: HUGE list edited, added source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join