It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Tea Party Leader: "GOP doesn't want Black people to vote."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So another week, and another racist and anti-minority Freudian slip by a Republican.

What's new?

A tea party leader in Dallas is facing a backlash after saying the Republican Party doesn’t want African-American voters to show up at the polls.

“I’m going to be real honest with you,” Tea Party leader Ken Emanuelson said at a Dallas County Republican Party event on May 20. “The Republican Party doesn’t want black people to vote if they are going to vote 9-to-1 for Democrats.”

Link

Well I always give credit where credit is due, and this guy's candor IS refreshing
but not in the good way.

If I were an African-American this would only make me want to turn out and vote even more. If someone spoke in this manner and said that they don't want my people voting, that would seriously light a fire inside me. When we hear things like this, it REALLY should make you question their motives behind their push for voter ID laws.

Is it really to prevent voting fraud? Or is it to accomplish something else?

The guy goes on to play the "misspoke" card.

In a statement posted on Facebook, Emanuelson said he misspoke during the meeting. He said he shouldn’t have spoken on behalf of the Republican Party.

We should expect a bigger minority turnout in 2016 and hopefully 2014 as well, that really does not bode well for Republicans.

But isn't it logical that minorities will NOT vote for you when you've shown time and time again that you don't really care about their problems?

Will these guys propose another 3/5 compromise when their voter ID laws don't work?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
At least he's honest, as you said. He shouldn't have spoken for the entire party. But I think it's only natural that most Republicans don't want certain demographics to vote. I mean, that's what the voter ID proposals were all about. That's what the gerrymandering of the districts in 2010 were all about. It's clear that the GOP doesn't want everyone's votes. Because when everyone votes, Democrats win.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

...and this administration doesn't want "Conservative" non-profits getting the same hassle free access to tax breaks their "liberal" counterparts recieve. What, exactly is your point?

*deep, deep breaths, breathe it in* SMELL THE HYPOCRISY!
dailycaller.com...

President Obama’s pick to head the Federal Housing Finance Agency once said that a “majority of white voters” would never vote for a black candidate and that they should be excluded from “the democratic process.”

The White House announced Wednesday that Obama will nominate Democratic North Carolina Congressman Mel Watt to take over the FHFA, which regulates Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the country’s government sponsored mortgage companies.

For the record, Mel Wat is still a member of the House... a slightly more lofty and dangerous position for an ardent racist to hold than "a leader" in the Texas Tea Party.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But I think it's only natural that most Republicans don't want certain demographics to vote. I mean, that's what the voter ID proposals were all about.

Yes, it is very troubling that they were attempting to prevent illegal aliens, fellons, and repeated voters using aliases from participating in the American voting process. Damn them and their hater ways!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by muse7

...and this administration doesn't want "Conservative" non-profits getting the same hassle free access to tax breaks their "liberal" counterparts recieve. What, exactly is your point?

I was wondering the same. What has that got to do with the topic?

As to the topic, d'uh. Minorities tend to vote Dem.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So.... Asking someone to properly identify themselves to conduct the most important duty a United States citizen performs is racist?

You guys realize how condescending and outright racist THAT is to say? Very simply, it's saying Blacks are either too stupid, too poor or too uneducated to get a proper ID card like everyone else. There would be no other reason to call it racist, after all.

If it was just money, it would be 'anti-poor'. If it were just elderly who can't get around, it would be 'anti-elderly'. In this case, the drum beat is always 'racist racist' for a very simple, very basic request to show a photo identification card from any number of sources which come from a recognized authority. State, Government, Military and so on...

I've never understood why blacks allow this to go on, given how deeply insulting it really is to suggest they are less than whites by needing catered to like that.

I'd also note, for a 'racist Republican party', there sure are an awful lot of black people in it and within the upper levels of it. Odd thing there. This man, for instance......

....might have a few words to say not only too that ignorant hick in Dallas but to those who would suggest such ignorance represents the party in even a general way. One idiots opinion ..or even the ignorance of a number of people that the media just holds out like idols on a pedestal, hardly make for racism running through the many 10's of millions who make up the party and conservatives in general.

In fact, to suggest that is what I'd call racist. Outright. I wish people would stop with the race card like it's a big game of poker and someone is keeping score for how cleverly it can be thrown down.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The Republican party has always been pretty open about suppressing the black vote, especially in Dallas County... Gerrymandering has been a common practice there for as long as I can remember.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Neither one of them worded their statements correctly, however only 1 of them is racist.Yep, let the double-standards keep rolling in while Americans keep lapping it up. Pffft, it's all a load of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes Voting fraud appears to be a big problem

Out of the 197 million votes cast for federal candidates between 2002 and 2005, only 40 voters were indicted for voter fraud, according to a Department of Justice study outlined during a 2006 Congressional hearing. Only 26 of those cases, or about .00000013 percent of the votes cast, resulted in convictions or guilty pleas.

Link

I mean just look at those numbers! Elections were probably lost because of those 40 votes!

For the record, I don't think two wrongs make a right. I don't think any group should be excluded from voting. Not white people, blacks or hispanics.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Its not just Republicans that are found to make comments, actions speak louder
than words.

What about the Democrat Whitehouse involved in profiling Jewish people who
were seeking tax exempt status
that were targeted by the IRS, the administration?

Also there were conservative Hispanic groups targeted by the Democratic Whitehouse.

Hmmmmm???
edit on 5-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It may sound racist, but I would agree. However, there is a large percentage of white voters I do not want to see vote either. In fact, I would say there is roughly 35% of the voters who should not have a right to vote because they are uneducated about the choices they are making.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The point is that on one side we have a handfull of individuals who make statements that are supposed to get us all riled up and angry, completely abandoning the age-old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me." On the other side we have actual policy makers whose actions are those of an organized hate group... setting in motion bullcrap like IRS witchhunts, media strong arming, and flat out declarations of oppositional disdain.

Technically speaking, neither is exactly a good thing to see... but in comparison, I'll take a thousand small asshats verbally abusing me over one powerfull asshat trying to destroy me and everything I hold dear with actions and deeds any day of the week.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If the goal is to keep the (D)'s out of office then one thing that will help is to remove a large chunk of their voting block while limiting the harm to your own voting block.

Same could be said for students and homosexuals too.

Nothing inherently racist about it. It's just gaming.

I'm sure James Carville would dance a jig if all the OFWG's didnt turn out to vote since nine out of ten of them vote (R).

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh they actually said it!

ha! i guess holding back hatred is harder then it seems!

"Everything was going according to plan before these minorities vote messed up the whole agenda!"

Yes GOP, keep it up, last year it was abortion and rape, this year, racism and minorities? Oookaaay!

Nothing says "more votes" like hating on a large target.

Here is a shovel, dig yourself deeper, i'm sure the people will same mindset as yours will vote for you anyway!

edit on 6/5/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is why the U.S. has to protect voting rights. A little late, though, for the hundreds of thousands dead in Iraq who were killed by the Florida GOP officials who trimmed the voting rolls in 2000 (as well as a few members of the U.S. Supreme Court) and stole the White House for a psychopath. The national GOP has an unwritten policy of tapping down black participation in elections, part of their mindset.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Actually, yes.. I would say Voter Fraud is a very serious issue.

Vote Fraud News

Democrats Charged in 'Massive' Voter Fraud Case

...and just to be balanced on this, it's absolutely not a partisan issue, however hard some media try to make it one.

Republican Arrested for Voter Fraud in Virginia

and who can forget the voter machine tampering... (IMO, rigging the screen hotspots for the touch response was about the most likely method to have done this. Fraud. Not much question)

Rigged voting machine changing votes from Obama to Romney

Vote fraud isn't a Republican problem and it's not a Democrat problem. Very serious questions exist about the voting in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012. All 4 of the last ones have had very strong irregularities from registration to the polls themselves to counting afterward.

I think fixing this mess is an American problem, not a partisan one. We'd better get moving on it too, because once the 2016 candidate field shapes up? They'll be NO way to reform anything without one side or the other claiming it's in support of a specific candidate over the other.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well OF COURSE the Republican party would rather not have a big black vote out there. I mean .. comeon ... it's something like a 90% democrat voting block. His statement was not against skin color .. it was against a democratic voting block.

Obama said something similar about white republicans.

Same/same. Whatever.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.
Muse does a thread about a racist remark by a republican
and the Dallas republican responsible admits to it and
all hell breaks loose on page 1?

A political madness thread on ATS must contain one the following;
Obama having 3 heads and being the devil.
Obama planning a Black Panther Muslim Commie
overthrow of the USA.
Or if you want to keep it light;
Republicans are more manly than democrats.

That'll get you passed the Fair & Balanced
political forum check points..
Who knew?
I thought "mod" meant moderate...but I digress.

But this?

Oh yeah Muse 7, this time you've gone to far.
I mean really, a republican from Texas racist?
Come on..Hoax bin.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Another day,Another thread I get called racist.

The race card: the most overplayed political talking point to now most people don't even pay attention,.

The saying the Boy who cried wolf once too many times. what was it 90% turnout out who voted last election for African Americans?

So what is the point of the thread, and all threads on 'racism' what do they change?

Absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Prosecutions would be the worst way to estimate the number, actually. Think about this... if you have a pro-registration candidate who has won an election then it becomes a moot point to them. If you have an anti-registration candidate who has won an election, they hold all of the cards and their administration refuses to properly investigate or prosecute the claim.

But please, don't take it from me... here are some sources that indicate how serious this problem is:
www.myfoxboston.com...

Lawrence activist Wayne Hayes said he's not surprised at FOX Undercover's findings.

"I believe 15 to 20 percent of the voters in Lawrence are non-citizen registered voters," Hayes said. "The voter list is definitely corrupt...it needs one major, full investigation."

An investigation is just what Hayes and others asked for after witnessing suspected fraud during the 2009 mayoral election. Hayes was backing candidate David Abdoo, who was running against Lantigua.

"A gentleman was seen by one of the poll workers for Abdoo's campaign walk in and vote at one table, leave, come back, switch his jacket and put on a cap and went to the other table and voted there under two different names," Hayes told FOX Undercover.

After Lantigua won, Hayes scoured the 2009 voter list and found more problems, including people registered at commercial properties including a warehouse at 1 Broadway, a barbershop and what is now a sandwich shop at 241 Broadway and a former nightclub at 381 Essex St.

www.sodahead.com...

In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens. While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presiden­tial vote margin in Florida in 2000.

Ahem, that's 1,000 people right there in 2005... making your "just 40 people" claim based on prosecutions fall apart like a cardboard box in a monsoon.

sfcmac.wordpress.com...

A preliminary comparison between drivers license records and voter registration has flagged as many as 182,000 registered voters who may not be US citizens. Florida officials sought access to the DHS immigration database (SAVE) to verify their matches but DHS has refused to respond to the state’s requests.

At least 141 non-citizens have been found on the voter rolls and 47 on this list have cast ballots in previous elections. More than 500 on the list have been identified as citizens and lawful voters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join