It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] A *NEW* Window of Opportunity: Ask, and ye shall receive.[HOAX]

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think it was the second or perhaps third post in this thread that mentioned David Wilcox. After several months of his book coming up on amazon and reading the reviews I purchased the book. A rather large tome, I found it overall poorly written with even worst editing, barely coherent at all, no focus - he just jumped from idea to idea with no reason or followup and most of all it was self-serving in the extreme. It did however have some interesting facts and information which could, and I say could, have made a presentable and interesting read.

I found myself facsinated in such a matter that I kept up with his 'white knight or dragon' mythology on his website for a while - much as I got caught up in the NESARA mythos ten years ago.

My point is that our OP is presenting us with just such self-centered ramblings - perhaps as practise for his world tour/book tour/webinar.

Just the distain he shows for us, his readers, speaks toa less than evolved/transenant being.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hello Initiate,

Wow, I love this thread a lot. When I was reading, I felt as if missing links were being chained to my psyche. I know I'll come up with more worthy questions as I get a chance to digest all that you've said so far, and what you will post in the future as well, but I have some things that I'd like to be answered for now.

Question #1
You said earlier that every soul that is discarnate has a choice/free will to reincarnate back to Earth. But, in other instances, you speak that it seems that it's almost automatic that ALL of us will be back and reincarnate again. Is this because eventually anyone dwelling in the Emotional and Mental worlds will yearn to go back to progress in their cosmic adventure? Or will some of us just skip out from coming back to the physical realm altogether and forget about progressing? It just sounded that this time period in between the reincarnation is temporary, then how is it free will? I don't know, I feel a bit confused.

Question #2
What's your take on ego loss and ego death and some of the ways people achieve this state? How does it pertain to spiritual progression?

Question #3
What do you think about sleep paralysis?

On a sidenote, I was always was fascinated with afterlife as a child. When I was just around 8 or 9 years old, I remember thinking out how it all worked and would come up with the conclusion that I could only perceive my consciousness and that I was every single person in the planet that there ever was up until my life. I never went to church when I was young, so I would like to think about this in my free time every now and then. I didn't fully believe this or anything, it was just something I considered numerous times.

Thanks for all the work!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
To Members of this Thread

Either I'm too old, ignorant, unintelligent (name your adjective), but this subject matter sounds to me like so much prattle proferred by one who's lost touch with reality. I am flummoxed that anyone pays any attention at all much less poses questions with any hope whatever at being genuinely enlightened. Enlightened by whom? I would strongly suggest that some here at least consider the source of your "answers." Such topics "led" by a self-appointed guru (notwithstanding his admonition to use your own discretion) could be considered something worse than benign.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Dear Initiate I wholeheartedly appreciate your thoughts and input to all of the questions by our fellow ATS brothers and sisters within this particular thread. THANK YOU! I operate with a self governing censorship mechanism. I control this with my own free will and energy. I have read all posts in this thread up to this point. I have a lot of humbling and delightful information to reflect on thanks to your generosity. I read your words and digest the information much like our body's excretory system. So far nothing has stricken me with negative or unnecessary intent. Therefore I must exercise my priveledge to ask you questions based on a life changing experience.

Well here we go as I will patiently remain here on the 23rd page possibly 24th Wow!!

Here is my QUESTION: Recently I have been understanding and gaining knowledge of nature and how everything grows or is created in a start of a cycle. Sacred geometry and the movements of energy. Specifically the chakras within my body and the thorodial movement of energy within my body. It's enlightening to understand such ideas especially when walking around this 3rd dimensional world of consciousness and seeing reoccurring patterns of energy movement and beautiful geometry and growth found in nature. This knowledge has drastically strengthened my ability to successfully meditate.

I have had a recent experience that I must share and ask you about, this is quite a personal question I hope you do not mind me asking as I have no body around my personal life willing or able to give me any meaningful feedback.

##snipped##

Here is where it all comes together and why I mentioned everything above and how it pertains to my question. I have had an experience while in a state of controlled breathing that lead to the sensations of energy movement very similar to toroidal movement. I felt the sensation of energy moving throughout my body which was surging, pulsing, tingling, and shimmering. It was beautiful this was a very deep meditation. I did not feel like a human body anymore. More like just a heart beating greatly it was so surreal. Eventually at one point of this particular session I started to feel a presence or connection to a energy or soul other than my own. I believe it may have been of my recently departed father or a family member who has past. Whatever it was it did not seem negative but the presence came upon me in a way that I must not have been ready for since I became startled and a rush of panic flooded over me. I instinctively opened my eyes and what I saw was a very strange out of place disfigured light. It was 4 feet from my face elevated at an angle upwards. It was 2 dimensional (flat) looking. And against my basement wall it was not a naturally occurring phenomena. I know what I saw was from the meditation. It only lasted within open eyesight for a few seconds just under 3 full seconds then it just seemed to implode out of sight.

What do you believe it is that I experienced? What precautions should I take before meditating? Do I need to be more careful with my spiritual growth and curiosity? Is it true that higher frequency souls or energy can be visible from the 3rd dimensional consciousness as strange disfigured light?

edit on Mon Jun 10 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi again, Initiate:

you have said:

A highly evolved soul, would be objectively self-conscious in that realm. A well developed soul, subjectively conscious.

Could you explain the difference between "objectively self-conscious" and "subjectively conscious", in that realm, in which we are desembodied and in which, i guess, the frontier between objectively and subjectively it si not absolutely clear.

Thankyou.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DieSektor

Your register date is awesome! 10/10/10 love it!

Its amazing how much more time I spend looking at the register date since this particular thread popped up.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

It has as much to do with your own comparison of how long you'd been a member compared to me i.e. it has zilch to do with anything - and that was the simple point I was making.

Yes we've seen these threads come and go....just as this one will.

I am as entitled to express my opinion as anyone else - and the fact that I find the op's attitude to be breathtakingly arrogant and hypocritical is my point of view (and judging from some other posters' comments on this thread I am not alone).

The semi-poetic prose is superficial twaddle while the op's advice to disregard all criticisms because they come from lesser developed souls is a classic cult technique.that set my alarm bells ringing.

So this has been posted in the gray area - does that mean this is some kind of role play shenanigans where the great guru Initiate doles out perceived wisdom to an adoring audience?

I'm not into role play - I'm into denying ignorance - not colluding in perpetuating it.

If you want to gain some the op's insights read a cpl of the same books that the op most obviously has....that includes Helena Blavatsky - The Secret Doctrine (1888), Aleister Crowley - anything at all, 'In tune with the Infinite' (written in 1897 for goodness sake!), and 'The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion' (1890), Israel Regardie - 'The Art and meaning of Magic'...the list just goes on and on.

Read them for yourself - make up your OWN mind. Maybe you have already? If you have done so you would at least recognise that the op's comments and insights aren't even close to original - they are in fact- almost straight plagiarism. Don't look for short cuts (like self professed gurus) cos there are no short cuts to spiritual development.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This is my first post on this site. I have been reading this site for months everyday but this is the time I was pushed to join so I may ask a question.

What things should we be doing in our lives to help us progress in our journey?

Should we consume meat?

Where are the best places too live on this planet?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Read them for yourself - make up your OWN mind.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I don't have a version of reality I just live it - and that is my point. No-one does. And anyone who professes to know some great truth that the rest of do not is simply a liar.

I've read the books I listed many years ago - and many more to boot. And made up my mind that for one - most of the authors are god awful writers (their insights and superiority didn't seem to make them more eloquent)...and two - they were cashing in on the passion for this stuff so prevalent all over Europe during the Victorian era.

I have had my own spiritual insights - but they are personal and valid uniquely to me - they are not for me to impose upon, or even share, with others. It is experiential gnosticism.

But if I see an Emperor wearing no clothes - I will call them out as butt naked.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Dear Christina 666,

Please just allow people to read the thread. It's long enough without you clogging up every page with your incessant trolling/bickering. It's rather childish and you are drawing a lot of attention to yourself. Did your mother ever say that to you when you were crying and stamping your feet because you didn't get your own way? If not, she should have done because it's a lesson we each have to learn at some point.

You seem to focus your attention on things you don't like. I'd recommend rethinking that strategy - it will make your whole world so much more enjoyable.

Be well,

GE

edit on 5-6-2013 by GalaxyEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I don't have a version of reality I just live it - and that is my point. No-one does. And anyone who professes to know some great truth that the rest of do not is simply a liar. (quote from you)
(answer from me) Well...many people throughout history have professed to know things like 'the earth isn't flat'...or that 'people can communicate through wires'....or 'antibiotics can treat infections'. These people knew "great truths" that the rest of us did not....and they were not simply liars.

most of the authors are god awful writers (quote from you)
(answer from me) Being an awful writer does not mean that WHAT you are writing is incorrect.

they are not for me to impose upon, or even share, with others. (quote from you)
(answer from me) That is your choice. If someone else chooses to share their experiences, it does not make them wrong or invalid.

But if I see an Emperor wearing no clothes - I will call them out as butt naked. (quote from you)
(answer from me) But what if other people see the clothes? Why are they wrong...and you right?

Isn't it all about perspective?
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GalaxyEyes

You know I've been a member here for 3 years - and never before have I read of posters who disagreed with an op's contentions being asked to leave the thread. This is a DEBATING forum - like every other on this site.

You finish your post with 'be well' - after a paragraph of unadulterated cheek. I have not belittled posters on this thread - nor have I insulted them. You, Glaxyeyes (who made me a respected foe having never ever crossed swords with me) go rethink YOUR strategy and learn how to debate without resorting to petty minded insults.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Yes - and I'm expressing mine. What's wrong with that? Because my views are diametrically opposed to yours does NOT make them any less valid.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I completely agree with you that the OP has heavily drawn on the works you mentioned. I would be willing to bet that Rudolph Steiner's work is been drawn largely on too. That's fine.

I don't understand your gripe with this. The OP is touching on some good theory and has helped people engage and comprehend it. It is probably going to get that 'spark' going in many members, who perhaps were not interested in it before, that is a good thing, if approached with sincerity.

If the OP didn't refer to themselves in such a way, this would not of got the response or the attention it thus far. You seem to be annoyed that your not able to divulge aspects you know and don't like someone else getting praise? The OP has even spoke about the importance of discernment and how it should be used even in his/her posts and it is fine to find only partial truths, if the rest doesn't 'resonate'.

That is more than reasonable, and I am sure people can deduce what they consider makes up their reality. Have faith, most ATS members are thoughtful and balanced folk, (well some anyway
) so don't feel the need to keep pointing out that this is not a definitive answer to understanding the universe and all it's encompassing properties. Let people make up their own mind, that is what this is for.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
sheesh - what possesses a person to take the words of another so personally?

Who cares who this guy is? Does he speak the truth? Who knows, but one thing is for sure, one day we will all know...on our death day! Each one of us will either wake up in one of the worlds he speaks of...or we will not. Until then, no one, and I mean no-one is qualified to call his beliefs BS. If you do then you must have first hand knowledge of the truth! You must be one of those rare individuals that died for 3 days and arose to tell the story. 5 minutes or even an hour doesn't cut it, sheesh you are still warm! No you must be dead cold for days and then come back to tell the story. Then I will listen to what you have to say...honestly I would. Would I believe it? ahhh probably not until I had seen it for myself as well, but I would listen. I maybe a skeptic but im not dense.

Do we judge the Preacher or the Rabi the same way? Do we say where is your proof that your sacred book is the word of God? Faith? What is faith? Should I accept everything because they say it is the word of God? No, if you are a reasonable person of average intelligence, you will reserve judgement until you are in full possession of all the facts.

There was a man that spoke of similar things of a lofty nature and, according to the book previously alluded to, guess what, they crucified him. Is he Christ or even Christ like? Probably not however I do not have enough information to say for sure one way or the other. unlike many others here that seem to know absolutely, unreservedly, that this man is a fraud.

Lets ignore Initiate for a bit and let me ask you this, what if Christ was real and he did return, how would you know him? Would you call him a fraud? What credentials would he need to show before you took him seriously? I'm sure some members out there are thinking up a host of witty responses to that question however before you do, think about it...you would have just confirmed my point. If Christ did return, and he may well be one of the Brotherhood Initiate speaks of, would he really want to come back and be spat on and hissed at...AGAIN!

I do not think Initiate is a Guru or Christ but I will not close myself off to the possibility that a higher evolved being would communicate through a forum such as this and i have a sneaking suspicion that deep down everyone on this site secretly hopes for the same thing.

A little decor please brothers and sisters.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Leave us be, its like telling a kid to stop reading lord of the rings because you've seen adventure books make up stuff before.

Some are taking this thread as real information, but so do harry potter fans who wish their books were real and fantasize that they were apart of it.

I crave crazy stuff like this because real life is boring, politics, policy's, updates on how well the economy is doing. Interesting maybe, but nothing as captivating as this thread.

For those who take it as real life , let them explore it, i've took things as real and then learnt the hard way that i was getting obsessed on something that was simply too far fetched. Then i learnt to take things with a pinch of salt.
edit on 5-6-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Greetings Initiate. I have been waiting for you. I asked the universe for a mentor and lo and behold you began this discussion. Your words are sweet music to my mind and soul. It is almost as if your comments are written specifically for my situation for I have been battling the dark side for a year and a half now, knowing, but not knowing why or how, yet somehow managing to make progress. I have no questions for I know not what to ask. I just wanted to thank you Initiate, for starting this discussion at this point in time and on this site so that I may learn all I can and grow stronger in the Light. I am eternally grateful.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

In all honesty, I know your intentions are well placed, but give people the benefit of the doubt as far as their ability to discern truth from fiction.

I have read this thread intently, and while I agree that the OP has espoused and expanded upon concepts that already exist, those ideoligies are foreign to many readers on this site, and have subsequently peaked the curiosity and interest of members and non members alike, and justifiably so.

I find the subject matter to be fascinating, and among the most intriguing topics of discussion on ATS.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The 5th

You seem to be annoyed that your not able to divulge aspects you know and don't like someone else getting praise? The OP has even spoke about the importance of discernment and how it should be used even in his/her posts and it is fine to find only partial truths, if the rest doesn't 'resonate'.

Has any cult ever attempted to recruit you in your life? Any cult at all?

You will probably be aware of classic techniques nevertheless. e.g. If you're having doubts it's the devil getting at you - so use a mantra until the doubts vanish....or....just as you quote the op's advice to use discernment - that too is classic cult speak. Take only what resonates - leave the rest. So reasonable - so suggestive.

I am not annoyed about not being 'able to divulge aspects you know and don't like someone else getting praise.' far from it. I've posted the authors the op has read - everything the op has been regurgitating came from them. There you go - divulged - and seeking no credit.

What I am extremely disappointed about with this thread is the inability of some posters to debate. I am open to persuasion - so persuade me - don't fall back on petty insults (not talking about you personally) and support your contentions - don't just say I'm wrong...so there. nya nya.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join